PDA

View Full Version : "At the end of the day" Herm Edwards Talk-Speak

Extra Point
11-16-2007, 01:20 AM
I can't think of a more ingratiating phrase than "at the end of the day," than the one word "obviously," when heard at Herm Edwards' press conferences.

This guy deserves a trophy in "Bullshit Bingo."

Take a hike, Herm. You're so early-millenium when you spread your manure, while clinging to the George Allen "establish the run" offensive theory.

Your defensive is good, so long as Cover 2 isn't on every defensive down. 5-3 ain't a bad thing to do on first down.

Count Zarth
11-16-2007, 01:21 AM
Weak thread. Herm is a great head coach.

BWillie
11-16-2007, 01:27 AM

I think Herm's game plan is obsolete. You don't win Super Bowls nowadays without a prolific offense. The passing game is continuing to evolve. The four best teams in the NFL all have GREAT passing games. The Colts, Pats, Packers, and Cowboys.

What used to work ten years ago, doesn't work as well now. Herm needs to adjust his thinking, and evolve into a better coach. Similar to what Tony Dungy did.

Smed1065
11-16-2007, 01:39 AM
Guess these same threads were around when DV started here as well.

I am not sold yet but have room to consider improvement considering the results and the direction so far.

Sorry but you do not improve in the first 2 years in the NFL with consistency both years while building a new team. You might if you had a star QB starting the first 2 years and they were in the 3rd year of a coach and development or more.

Yes there are exceptions but not the norms.

I hate to face facts but it is true and I know the drought as well as anyone but most times it takes one miracle or two to change a team around in two years. I blame CP and not HE so far.

After next year I might feel different but I also look at the common factor for almost 20 years. Hard to blame one position when there has been a common position for 18 or so years, no matter the HC tho the many decisions seems to resemble the same output thru all of the HCs'. No matter who it was HC.

Fruit Ninja
11-16-2007, 01:54 AM
Yep, once Herm throws away the grind it out deal. I think he can get over that hump. Now days you gotta have KC offense of old, but also have to have a good defense. Its kind of hard to get that kind of team.

he does say at the end of the day and obviously a bit much though. I try to watch all his pressers and one thing that bothers me is his damn right eyebrow its higher then the other. lol

BWillie
11-16-2007, 02:01 AM
he does say at the end of the day and obviously a bit much though. I try to watch all his pressers and one thing that bothers me is his damn right eyebrow its higher then the other. lol

He looks like a rabid hornet in heat when he does that with his eyebrows.

Tribal Warfare
11-16-2007, 02:02 AM

Herm's an average coach, he can gather good talent, but when it comes to game planning to create balance between the offense and defense he's remedial at best.

Count Zarth
11-16-2007, 02:14 AM
Herm's an average coach, he can gather good talent, but when it comes to game planning to create balance between the offense and defense he's remedial at best.

Judgement should be reserved until we have the pieces in place on the offensive line to field a good offense. And Herm has started three different quarterbacks in less than two seasons now. That is not a recipe for offensive success.

Fruit Ninja
11-16-2007, 02:35 AM
Judgement should be reserved until we have the pieces in place on the offensive line to field a good offense. And Herm has started three different quarterbacks in less than two seasons now. That is not a recipe for offensive success.

penguinz
11-16-2007, 06:34 AM
Your and idiot.

Stewie
11-16-2007, 06:38 AM
I think Herm's game plan is obsolete. You don't win Super Bowls nowadays without a prolific offense. The passing game is continuing to evolve. The four best teams in the NFL all have GREAT passing games. The Colts, Pats, Packers, and Cowboys.

What used to work ten years ago, doesn't work as well now. Herm needs to adjust his thinking, and evolve into a better coach. Similar to what Tony Dungy did.

Herm's waiting for the game to catch up to his genius.

Braincase
11-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Last time I checked, at the end of the day, you play to win the game.

KCFalcon59
11-16-2007, 07:15 AM

ROFL Nice.

Reerun_KC
11-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Last time I checked, at the end of the day, you dont try and outscore your opponent on the road.

Braincase
11-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Last time I checked, at the end of the day, you dont try and outscore your opponent on the road.

Funny... that's what the other teams seem to do at our house.

Reerun_KC
11-16-2007, 07:19 AM

What used to work twenty years ago, doesn't work at all now. Herm needs to adjust his thinking, and evolve into a better coach. Similar to what Tony Dungy did.

QFT, nice call BW, FYP

patteeu
11-16-2007, 07:48 AM
I can't think of a more ingratiating phrase than "at the end of the day," than the one word "obviously," when heard at Herm Edwards' press conferences.

This guy deserves a trophy in "Bullshit Bingo."

Take a hike, Herm. You're so early-millenium when you spread your manure, while clinging to the George Allen "establish the run" offensive theory.

Your defensive is good, so long as Cover 2 isn't on every defensive down. 5-3 ain't a bad thing to do on first down.

If it's so "ingratiating" why are you so hostile toward the man. He uses the phrase so much I'd expect you to be putty in his hands.

Zouk
11-16-2007, 07:50 AM

This is very silly.

Dungy didn't "learn" anything. He went to a team with Peyton Manning.
Belichick was not putting up 30 a game in Cleveland. Brady didn't play there. The QB determines the playcalling, not the other way around. Do you see Manning, Brady, or Favre in KC? Is that Herm's fault?

Fly O.T. McWall
11-16-2007, 07:55 AM
threads like this are flustrating.

Rausch
11-16-2007, 07:55 AM
I like Herm. I can also admit he's made some really ****ing stupid decisions that seemed to pop up once we hit the playoffs.

Bad timing.

But he pisses off nearly all of CP and even if I didn't like him before I would now, for that alone...

John_Wayne
11-16-2007, 09:26 AM
A-hem........

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=168702

Braincase
11-16-2007, 09:27 AM
threads like this are flustrating.

Like when you have a swole foot?

StcChief
11-16-2007, 09:29 AM
ROFL that's the final Hermism.

FAX
11-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Herm has potentialism, but he needs to evolve. This ain't 1996 and this ain't Tampa.

Much like the Wheel Bug, he is a surviver, but it's ugly as hell.

FAX

John_Wayne
11-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Did Herm and Ross Perot go to the same school of speak?