View Full Version : Michigan Boy, 13, Driving for Drunk Dad Charged With DWI

pikesome
11-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Michigan Boy, 13, Driving for Drunk Dad Charged With DWI

Friday , November 16, 2007

AP
ADVERTISEMENT

CLIO, Mich.
A police officer checking on a truck that got stuck in the mud at a city park was startled to find a 13-year-old boy behind the wheel.

The officer also was surprised that the boy appeared to be drunk.

So did the teen's father, who was riding in the front seat. He told police that he had turned over the driving duties to his son because he'd had too much to drink.

Open containers of beer and liquor were found in the vehicle, said Clio Police Chief James McLellan.

"[The boy] even said he didn't want to drive because he was too drunk," McLellan told The Flint Journal for a story published Thursday.

The father, a 41-year-old Flint-area man, is facing several misdemeanor counts, including child endangerment, allowing an intoxicated person to drive his vehicle and allowing an unlicensed minor to drive, police said.

The boy has been petitioned into juvenile court on charges that include driving while intoxicated, police said.

The pair were arrested the night of Nov. 8. They apparently were trying to get home when they turned into the park to turn around. The truck rolled off the pavement and became stuck in the muddy soil.

I've got nothing witty to say. Wow.

Bwana
11-16-2007, 09:06 AM

chasedude
11-16-2007, 03:48 PM
The family that drinks and drives together, goes to jail together :shrug:

HemiEd
11-16-2007, 03:50 PM
The Father probably got laid off at a GM plant.

Demonpenz
11-16-2007, 03:57 PM
The father and son told reporters they started drinking after hearing that jimmy deans sausages will now be 5 oz less.

seclark
11-16-2007, 03:59 PM
jes a couple buds, drinkin a few brews and looking for a whore house.
sec

Rain Man
11-16-2007, 04:12 PM
It's nice to see a father who wants to spend time with his kids.

Skip Towne
11-16-2007, 06:08 PM
I started driving when I was 12. Not drunk though.

Ari Chi3fs
11-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Im reminded of the White Sox thug fan and his son that stormed the field to beat up the Royals first base coach.

WTF.

Bump
11-16-2007, 08:22 PM
maybe the guy that started the thread about teaching your kids to drink try this out. But I hope he doesn't.

JohninGpt
11-16-2007, 08:37 PM
maybe the guy that started the thread about teaching your kids to drink try this out. But I hope he doesn't.
When I was growing up, my dad didn't mind if I drank at home, especially if it was with him. He tried to teach me to be responsible with it. Being responsible didn't include going somewhere else and getting so schnockered that niether of us could drive (and I was probably over 13).
BTW, I didn't start the "Teach your kids to drink" thread.

Bump
11-16-2007, 08:43 PM
When I was growing up, my dad didn't mind if I drank at home, especially if it was with him. He tried to teach me to be responsible with it. Being responsible didn't include going somewhere else and getting so schnockered that niether of us could drive (and I was probably over 13).
BTW, I didn't start the "Teach your kids to drink" thread.

I know that's not what that guy was talking about. It sounded like he wanted to be responsible as well. Just a joke.

JohninGpt
11-16-2007, 08:59 PM
I know that's not what that guy was talking about. It sounded like he wanted to be responsible as well. Just a joke.
On the other hand, I can remember driving dad home from a party before I had my license. He was pretty hammered and gave up the keys willingly. I was sober and insisted.

Mr. Plow
11-16-2007, 10:34 PM
The father and son told reporters they started drinking after hearing that jimmy deans sausages will now be 5 oz less.

Weeeellll.....How can you expect me to feed a family of 3 men 200+ lbs, my wife who is a little plump, and my daughter on a gawd damn 12 oz roll of sausage?

Skip Towne
11-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Weeeellll.....How can you expect me to feed a family of 3 men 200+ lbs, my wife who is a little plump, and my daughter on a gawd damn 12 oz roll of sausage?
:LOL: One of those 16 oz rolls lasts me three weeks. But I don't weigh 300 lbs.

plbrdude
11-16-2007, 11:31 PM
:LOL: One of those 16 oz rolls lasts me three weeks. But I don't weigh 300 lbs.

after three weeks isn't it a little green?

Nelson Muntz
11-17-2007, 07:42 AM
I started driving when I was 12. Not drunk though.

Is a horse and buggy really considered driving? ROFL