PDA

View Full Version : Is Svitek a "lost cause" or a "project in the works"?

John_Wayne
11-16-2007, 11:23 AM
I had high hopes for him and Sampson a couple of years ago. I thought they might be the future for us. Sampson is washed out and Svitek hasn't done much. What do you think about his future as a Chief? It sure would be nice for him to develop into a LTotF or RTotF.

Mr. Laz
11-16-2007, 11:26 AM
if it doesn't work after 2/3 years it usually never does.

Demonpenz
11-16-2007, 11:27 AM
I haven't even heard that name in a couple months

Mr. Kotter
11-16-2007, 11:28 AM
He's at the end of his rope. Either he becomes the player we hoped he would be, or he will be gone by the time next season begins.

Fish
11-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Lost cause.....

John_Wayne
11-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Could he play G or TE? Why we need another TE, I don't know. I just thought of it. Well.......... that's a dumb idea. Just forget it.

Rausch
11-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Herm seems to be throwing anyone out on the field that has even a small chance of being productive right now.

If you still can't get in the game you probably don't deserve to...

John_Wayne
11-16-2007, 11:34 AM
I thought Grunny said Wellbourn could hold Svitek's jock? (whatever that means)

Here's another thought: Mitch Holthus said that Wellbourn played better at RT during the last 6 games of last year than any of our RT's this year. He suggested putting Wellbourn back out at RT while Niswanger plays G.

PunkinDrublic
11-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Lost cause. Carl really has done a half assed job in recent years of trying to get some depth on the line. He needs to do whatever it takes to shore up the line this offseason.

Pushead2
11-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Lost cause. Carl really has done a half assed job in recent years of trying to get some depth on the line. He needs to do whatever it takes to shore up the line this offseason.

AKA nothing :rolleyes:

BigChiefFan
11-16-2007, 11:38 AM
I thought Grunny said Wellbourn could hold Svitek's jock? (whatever that means)

Here's another thought: Mitch Holthus said that Wellbourn played better at RT during the last 6 games of last year than any of our RT's this year. He suggested putting Wellbourn back out at RT while Niswanger plays G.
I'm all for moving Welbourne to RT because Turley is done and Terry will never be considered a starter again. BTW, Welbourne has sucked ass as RG, but I recall him playing his best as RT- but that's when he had Will Shields besides his steroid loving ass.

Our O-line suckzzzzzz.

BigChiefFan
11-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Let's sign Chris Bober. ;) Let's sign Chris Terry ;) Let's sign Kyle Turley at 255 lbs to be our starting LT to replace Roaf ;) :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Carl is a sham and a fraud. It's always next year.

Demonpenz
11-16-2007, 11:43 AM
welborne sucked at tackle he is best suited at guard. he pretty much sucks anywhere though. Sad because he was good with runyon and tre thomas in philli

RustShack
11-16-2007, 11:44 AM
I think when Svitek is healthy again we should give him a shot at RT. If he plays poorly there, he could be one of the lineman that is cut for the new ones that SHOULD be here for next year.

PunkinDrublic
11-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Let's sign Chris Bober. ;) Let's sign Chris Terry ;) Let's sign Kyle Turley at 255 lbs to be our starting LT to replace Roaf ;) :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Carl is a sham and a fraud. It's always next year.

How could they have not seen this coming?

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2007, 11:50 AM
I had high hopes for him and Sampson a couple of years ago. I thought they might be the future for us. Sampson is washed out and Svitek hasn't done much. What do you think about his future as a Chief? It sure would be nice for him to develop into a LTotF or RTotF.

What even gave you the idea (outside of stupid media reports which can never be trusted) that a 6th round converted defensive tackle and a 7th round Stanford offensive lineman even had the ability to be effective starters in the National Football League? Especially at the crucial left tackle position?

John_Wayne
11-16-2007, 12:03 PM
What even gave you the idea (outside of stupid media reports which can never be trusted) that a 6th round converted defensive tackle and a 7th round Stanford offensive lineman even had the ability to be effective starters in the National Football League? Especially at the crucial left tackle position? .........stupid Chiefs Planet posters who reported that they looked great in training camp.

SNR
11-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Svitek has the strength, but he doesnt have the speed. When healthy, he will make an excellent guard. He is running out of time though, since we will likely draft numerous lineman and might even look for some in free agency.That would make sense, wouldn't it? Actually that would've made sense a long time ago when Jordan Black was sucking ass and we desperately needed a replacement for Roaf. The writing was on the wall at that time that all of our linemen were incredibly old, and though effective this season, maybe they wouldn't be the season after or the one after that.

The Chiefs' highest draft pick spent on offensive line since John Tait in 1999? Brett ****ing Williams.

I don't give a shit about best available athlete in drafts. We've had 3 drafts since 2004 when our Oline started to collapse and we haven't considered a serious solution in the draft ONCE.

Now we're in a pickle this year. Offensive line is a MUST this year, and we may end up reaching on a couple prospects.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2007, 12:17 PM
The way he dominated in NFL europe. Many commentator said he was the best lineman (both sides) in NFL europe and one of the best to ever come through NFL europe. meh.

Never trust the talking heads, especially when pitting sub-par versus sub-par talent.

I'm always skeptical of late round talent. It's a nice surprise when they pan out but 85% of the time, they're nothing more than serviceable backups, if they make the team at all.

Hedging the future with 6th round converted defensive tackle on the second most important offensive position is tenuous at best.

MOhillbilly
11-16-2007, 12:35 PM
svitek gets his shoulders over his toes. though he has decent feet and good size. his hand speed is poor. id give him another year if nothing comes of FA.

beach tribe
11-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Antifreeze.

Chief Faithful
11-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Svitek has the feet, size, speed and temperment to be a very good RT. I'm just disappointed in how frequently he has been injured. I don't see him as a solution at LT.

alanm
11-16-2007, 01:33 PM
Svitek has the feet, size, speed and temperment to be a very good RT. I'm just disappointed in how frequently he has been injured. I don't see him as a solution at LT.
And that's why he'll probably be gone after this season. He can't stay off the injury list. :shake:

Count Alex's Losses
11-16-2007, 01:59 PM
And that's why he'll probably be gone after this season. He can't stay off the injury list. :shake:

Yep. Sampson Part II...made of glass.

StcChief
11-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Now we're in a pickle this year. Offensive line is a MUST this year, and Chiefs WILL end up reaching on a couple prospects.

FYP

Chief Faithful
11-16-2007, 02:10 PM

Sad, but true, and the way it should be.

trndobrd
11-16-2007, 03:07 PM
We need a better O-Line coach to help develop these young players. Mike Solari is high on my list to be Offensive Line coach next year.

TEX
11-16-2007, 05:02 PM
.........stupid Chiefs Planet posters who reported that they looked great in training camp.

I trusted my own eyes. I saw him get beat evey way possible during preseason. I couldn't see how anyone who saw him actually thought he looked good. I guess it was because he's a good athlete and he doninated the Euro League.

SNR
11-16-2007, 05:21 PM
And that's why he'll probably be gone after this season. He can't stay off the injury list. :shake:You'd think with a badass name like "Svitek" one would be a tough guy

Dicky McElephant
11-16-2007, 05:50 PM
He's a loss.

We need to keep 4 offensive linemen for next year. McIntosh, Waters, Niswanger and Herb Taylor.

el borracho
11-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Svitek will go to the probowl the year after Khari Long replaces Jared Allen.

p.s. Carl loves you.