PDA

View Full Version : Huard = Manning

Count Zarth
11-16-2007, 11:03 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/363499.html

Chiefs notes: Huard practices as Manning

Manning imitator

Quarterback Damon Huard, demoted to a backup role to Brodie Croyle, has played the role of Peyton Manning in practice instead of third-teamer Tyler Thigpen. Huard has played that role before, both as a backup at New England and during his career with the Chiefs, and he’s familiar with the movements and gyrations that Manning goes through before most every play.

“For a guy who all of a sudden is not the starting quarterback and shows up Wednesday to do that, says a lot about the type of man he is,” coach Herm Edwards said of Huard. “He’s a pro. He knows his job is to help the team and the other quarterbacks.”

In the cookie jar

Manning threw a career-most six interceptions in the Colts’ loss at San Diego last week, and Edwards is worried Manning exhausted his quota for a while.

“There’s no more cookies in his jar,” Edwards said.

Injury update

Chiefs left tackle Damion McIntosh (Achilles’) was limited in practice on Thursday but is expected to play on Sunday. Running back Larry Johnson (foot) and backup offensive tackle Will Svitek (foot) are the only players who are unavailable.

Lilja in lineup

Former Kansas State and Shawnee Mission Northwest standout Ryan Lilja has started all nine games at left guard for Indianapolis. “Ryan is doing a good job for us,” said Colts coach Tony Dungy. “Since the time he has become a starter (at midseason 2004), he’s grown as a player and has done a real good job for us.”

Dylan
11-16-2007, 11:16 PM
“For a guy who all of a sudden is not the starting quarterback and shows up Wednesday to do that, says a lot about the type of man he is,” coach Herm Edwards said of Huard. “He’s a pro. He knows his job is to help the team and the other quarterbacks.”
http://www.allbowling.com/forum/images/smilies/alcoholic.gif

JohninGpt
11-16-2007, 11:23 PM
I've never doubted Huards character, I think he's very team oriented and always does his best. His best wasn't good enough this year. I applaud him for accepting his new role.

KCJohnny
11-16-2007, 11:54 PM
Damon's a quality character player and has done as well as we could expect with a crappy rushing attack and no blocking.

If that OL cannot protect Croyle, we'll see Damon at QB again this year.

greg63
11-16-2007, 11:59 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redcoats58
11-17-2007, 12:01 AM
Damon's a quality character player and has done as well as we could expect with a crappy rushing attack and no blocking.

If that OL cannot protect Croyle, we'll see Damon at QB again this year.
I disagree unless you're talking about Croyle getting injured.

MadMax
11-17-2007, 12:02 AM
I've never doubted Huards character, I think he's very team oriented and always does his best. His best wasn't good enough this year. I applaud him for accepting his new role.

Yep, he really is a team player and I wish him the best...Just not as our starting QB...

KCJohnny
11-17-2007, 12:05 AM
I disagree unless you're talking about Croyle getting injured.

That is exactly what I am talking about.

Redcoats58
11-17-2007, 12:07 AM
That is exactly what I am talking about.
Ok, I thought you were talking about them yanking him out because of poor play.

ClevelandBronco
11-17-2007, 12:16 AM
Huard threw six interceptions in practice to help prepare for Manning.

SPchief
11-17-2007, 12:54 AM
Did someone say pie?

crazycoffey
11-17-2007, 01:14 AM
Chiefs suck [mecca]

MadMax
11-17-2007, 01:35 AM
Huard threw six interceptions in practice to help prepare for Manning.

then fetaled 3 times out of habit..

Chiefaholic
11-17-2007, 02:18 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/363499.html

Manning threw a career-most six interceptions in the Colts’ loss at San Diego last week

Is this the part that Huard was supposed to simulate? If that's the case, Huard is definatly the man if he plans to stretch the field like Manning.

smittysbar
11-17-2007, 03:33 AM
Thought he was Hurt...right, he wanted out, what a leader........

HypnotizedMonkey
11-17-2007, 05:21 AM
Huard IS a class act, just a victim of circumstance and bad timing and old age and crappy protection and a toy rocket arm and Kelli putting sugar in his gas tank and overall terrible playcalling.

What I want to know is....who's immitating Joseph Addai? This guy could burn us. :Bartee: Kid's got some serious moves.

Dinny Blues
11-17-2007, 08:16 AM
I don't know as much about football as most of you here, so I could use a little help.

If Huard can look like Manning in practice, why doesn't he just do that character in a real game instead of being himself?

Dinny

Deberg_1990
11-17-2007, 08:20 AM
If Huard can look like Manning in practice, why doesn't he just do that character in a real game instead of being himself?

I can pretend im Brad Pitt with the ladies or Joe Montana with a football in my hands all day long. Still doesnt make me such...

DenverDanChiefsFan
11-17-2007, 08:21 AM
I don't know as much about football as most of you here, so I could use a little help.

DinnyTakes too long to get the makeup onROFL

mdstu
11-17-2007, 08:30 AM

I think you mean his "old" role.

ChiefsGirl
11-17-2007, 08:31 AM
Huard = Cooper Manning

Dylan
11-17-2007, 09:50 AM
"For a guy who all of a sudden is not the starting quarterback and shows up Wednesday to do that, says a lot about the type of man he is,” coach Herm Edwards said of Huard. “He’s a pro. He knows his job is to help the team and the other quarterbacks.”

oops. Forgot to add what I was thinking:

What a funny thing for a head coach to say. Herm acts like Huard lost his paycheck.

The only thing that's changed for Huard -- he's a whole lot safer. ;)