PDA

View Full Version : I'm here. I don't know how, but I'm here.

luv
11-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Streets down here on the Plaza are confusing! Not only did I have to dodge people and cars while not knowing where I was going, I had to try to find my way back when I passed it! Ugh! I was shaking when I handed to front desk my ID and credit card. I didn't want to drive anymore, so I even paid a little extra for valet. Oy!

sd4chiefs
11-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Streets down here on the Plaza are confusing! Not only did I have to dodge people and cars while not knowing where I was going, I had to try to find my way back when I passed it! Ugh! I was shaking when I handed to front desk my ID and credit card. I didn't want to drive anymore, so I even paid a little extra for valet. Oy!

Never rent a car while in Rome or Paris.

Bearcat
11-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah, it takes a little while to get used to it... there are several streets that change names for no particular reason, and at one point going south on Broadway, you have to turn right and go a block west to stay on Broadway or else you end up on JC Nichols (I think).

Jack Stack, Capital Grille, Kona, Cheesecake Factory... already miss it :drool:

morphius
11-17-2007, 03:43 PM
There is no valet :D

It isn't that bad driving on the Plaza, it isn't very long and while it may be hard to find what you are looking for, you really can't get lost either.

luv
11-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Yeah, it takes a little while to get used to it... there are several streets that change names for no particular reason, and at one point going south on Broadway, you have to turn right and go a block west to stay on Broadway or else you end up on JC Nichols (I think).

That reminds me. I haven't eaten today. Jack Stack, here I come! Walking, of course. :D

Bearcat
11-17-2007, 03:47 PM

Heh... it could be worse...

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/London.jpg

luv
11-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Anyone want to go to Jack Stack with me? This dining out alone all the time sucks.

Bearcat
11-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Anyone want to go to Jack Stack with me? This dining out alone all the time sucks.

Me! Me! Pick me!

Can you wait 4 days? I'll be in town Wednesday night :D

luv
11-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Me! Me! Pick me!

Can you wait 4 days? I'll be in town Wednesday night :D
I've been in the KC area since Thursday. I'm leaving tomorrow. I haven't found one person willing to go to dinner or anything. I shower everyday, and I'm not nearly as annoying in person as I am on here.

Fruit Ninja
11-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Do you just go on these KC missions by yourself? If so, thats pretty crazy. lol. I give ya props for doing it though.

luv
11-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Do you just go on these KC missions by yourself? If so, thats pretty crazy. lol. I give ya props for doing it though.
I did this weekend. I've never gone to a bar by myself before this weekend. I've never stayed in a hotel by myself before this weekend. Lots of firsts. I'm proud of myself.

Phobia
11-17-2007, 04:09 PM
I should have at least gone out and had a drink with you after football. I didn't know you had no takers. At least you get to hang out with cool people tomorrow.

Bearcat
11-17-2007, 04:11 PM
I've been in the KC area since Thursday. I'm leaving tomorrow. I haven't found one person willing to go to dinner or anything. I shower everyday, and I'm not nearly as annoying in person as I am on here.

Come on guys, it's Jack Stack (oh yeah, and luv LMAO :p )!!

That sucks... if anything, with the guy-girl ratio being what it is around here, that's pretty surprising. ;)

I thought about going down this weekend because a friend is flying in from London today, but it would have made it 3 trips in under 3 weeks.

If you're ever in Omaha, I'd be more than happy to show you around... I've only been here a couple of weeks, but I've been to a few good restaurants, as well as the much-anticipated zoo.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-17-2007, 04:13 PM

There's a Cheesecake Factory out by the Westroads Mall. You shouldn't be having any trouble finding good places to eat in this town.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Everyone is scared of you because of this:

Bearcat
11-17-2007, 04:17 PM
There's a Cheesecake Factory out by the Westroads Mall. You shouldn't be having any trouble finding good places to eat in this town.

Sweet. :)

We went to Wheatfields for dinner one night and breakfast one morning, and it was really good both times... I went to a place fairly close to the Qwest Center one night, but can't remember what it was called. Haven't been to any BBQ places though.

Phobia
Heh. That stuff whooped you, Lzen, and her. I think I drank everything in that drink but not mixed together.

luv
No, that's why YOU'RE scared of me. :p

Besides, I'm not drinking much. I've had two beers, two mike's hard lemonades, and a Green Python since I've been here. I'm nowhere near dangerous.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Sweet. :)

We went to Wheatfields for dinner one night and breakfast one morning, and it was really good both times... I went to a place fairly close to the Qwest Center one night, but can't remember what it was called. Haven't been to any BBQ places though.
Best BBQ is right down the street from me, Ozark Smoked Meat Co, 114th & Center. McKenna's is good too, but only when the IRS doesn't have them shut down.

luv
11-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Heh. That stuff whooped you, Lzen, and her. I think I drank everything in that drink but not mixed together.
It was only vodka and Midori. The vodka is what did it to me. Always does.

Bearcat
11-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Best BBQ is right down the street from me, Ozark Smoked Meat Co, 114th & Center.

:hmmm: ...that's on my way to work. I'll have to pick some up one night.

Skip Towne
11-17-2007, 04:27 PM
:hmmm: ...that's on my way to work. I'll have to pick some up one night.
Has Slayer been up for a visit yet?

Bearcat
11-17-2007, 04:34 PM
I think I just got shot down :sulk:

Has Slayer been up for a visit yet?

Despite telling him multiple times that there are no houses along the highway... no, he hasn't come up yet.

CaliforniaAlbanach
11-17-2007, 04:38 PM

or London!

Buehler445
11-17-2007, 04:45 PM

I would if I could Luv, but I'm 500 miles away. If you're ever in Sidney, look me up. We can.....oh hell, I'll cook you something! :)

Jilly
11-17-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm sorry, Luv. Enjoy the plaza though....go see a movie, grab a coffee at Starbucks on your way back, and just stroll around. It's a safe area and interesting people and not too cold.

l0rd0s3
11-17-2007, 05:05 PM
mmm Jack Stack. I'd reccommend the pork ribs and beef burnt ends. Yum. Unfortunately I'm in Iowa, or I'd meet ya there in a second!

luv
11-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Jack Stack is good. Went to the Cheesecake factory to pick up a slice to eat here. I didn't realize it was still so early. I definitely think I'll go stroll around some more later.

MahiMike
11-17-2007, 06:30 PM
I did this weekend. I've never gone to a bar by myself before this weekend. I've never stayed in a hotel by myself before this weekend. Lots of firsts. I'm proud of myself.

Now THAT's a fan. :thumb:

Bearcat
11-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Jack Stack is good. Went to the Cheesecake factory to pick up a slice to eat here. I didn't realize it was still so early. I definitely think I'll go stroll around some more later.

Wander around, and then see a late movie... the theater is on the other side of the Plaza from Jack Stack.

luv
11-17-2007, 06:37 PM
Wander around, and then see a late movie... the theater is on the other side of the Plaza from Jack Stack.
So am I...lol. 47th and Summit. I don't think I'll see a movie. I don't feel comfortable being out by myself that late. Also, I'm a night owl who has to find her way to Grandview before the game starts. After that, I get to drive 2.5 hours home. I think I'm going to cozy up with a pillow and try to make it an early night.

Simply Red
11-17-2007, 06:40 PM
You wouldn't have been there.

Simply Red
11-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Heh... it could be worse...

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/London.jpg
I'm not certain, but, I think I see `Brush-Creek` on that map!

Cochise
11-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Renting a car in London would be useless. Unless you plan to never get out of it.

chagrin
11-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Come on people - nobody in KC will meet up with her? That's pretty sad folks.

CaliforniaAlbanach
11-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Renting a car in London would be useless. Unless you plan to never get out of it.

no real need when you can get to most interesting places for a 6 pound all day card, good for the tube, trains and buses