PDA

View Full Version : A comfortable loss for Herm and Co.

siberian khatru
11-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Defense played lights out and put the offense in position to win.

Herm and Solari were content to just sit back and wait for the game to come to them -- let the Colts make a mistake, or have the hand of God step in and do something in KC's favor.

It didn't happen, but it could have. So it almost worked.

The Herm formula: Play good D, make sure you don't do anything risky on offense, hope a bouncing ball goes your way, fly home feeling good about yourself.

Bearcat
11-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Yup.. maybe in a year or two we will win a game like this, but we'll also continue losing games we should win by 3 touchdowns. 50/50.

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm so ****ing pissed I can't see straight. Are you ****ing kidding me?

WTF kind of play calling was that? How the hell can you win a game when you handcuff your own god damned offense?

You're starting Croyle? That's cool. But what good is that gonna do if you won't let him ****ing play?

Herm, Solari, **** you both... go die in a fire.

Bob Dole
11-18-2007, 01:59 PM
And Sandy Eggo just lost.

Thanks for throwing away a chance to steal on on the raod, Herm!

Coach

WTF kind of play calling was that? How the hell can you win a game when you handcuff your own god damned offense?

You're starting Croyle? That's cool. But what good is that gonna do if you won't let him ****ing play?

Don't hold back. Tell me how you really feel.

siberian khatru
Close, low-scoring games are Herm's wet dream. If you don't win, it's because the breaks just didn't go your way. That's life. (shrug). Nothing you can do about it.

Be aggressive on offense? You kidding? You know what could happen? You get turnovers, and then the game gets away from you. Can't have that.

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Don't hold back. Tell me how you really feel.I'm serious... It makes me want to ****ing puke...

And I'm a homer.

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Herm is afraid of even trying to win.

Herm would rather lose than take a risk.

I can't believe this cowardly asshole is our coach.

thehead
11-18-2007, 02:01 PM

I told my self I would not get pissed ,Fu#k KC should have won this game.

thehead
11-18-2007, 02:01 PM

I told myself I would not get pissed ,Fu#k KC should have won this game.

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Close, low-scoring games are Herm's wet dream. If you don't win, it's because the breaks just didn't go your way. That's life. (shrug). Nothing you can do about it.

Be aggressive on offense? You kidding? You know what could happen? You get turnovers, and then the game gets away from you. Can't have that.For Christ's sake... you can't win without, you know, TRYING TO WIN!

Demonpenz
i think everyone is too riled up. Without herm and his style we would have been dead too rights

cdcox
This is why I was against hiring Herm from the day his name was first mentioned. He loves this shit.

KCTitus
open up the offense? pfffff....that's Arena Ball.

Bearcat
11-18-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm serious... It makes me want to ****ing puke...

And I'm a homer.

Yep... I was sitting next to a Vikings fan last week against Denver, and he was asking why everyone was leaving half way through the 3rd. I told him it's because we've seen this before. We though Gunther would bring sometihng different, and then Vermeil did... but we've seen play-not-to-lose.

Herm is 100% okay going into the lockeroom at halftime up or down a few points... 7-6, 3-6, whatever. You'll get one or two chances to win the game, and your defense better not take a play off.

unothadeal
i think everyone is too riled up. Without herm and his style we would have been dead too rights
It's all for naught if you don't win the game.

cdcox

I'd rather try and get blown out than not try and keep it close. I don't see how the offense can take it.

Bearcat
11-18-2007, 02:05 PM
For Christ's sake... you can't win without, you know, TRYING TO WIN!

Sure you can, it's the opposite of not losing, and we can play that... You don't want to lose, do you? Oh, wait :cuss: :banghead:

KCinNY
11-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Play to win?? Nah, that's arena ball.

Let's get 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demonpenz
11-18-2007, 02:07 PM
It's all for naught if you don't win the game.
I disagree we showed we could control some of the game we just came up alittle short. Go chiefs

Mecca
11-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Ehh.....if they had gone balls out Croyle probably would have been hit a lot more and turned it over...

They kept it close with an Indy team playing a 5th string Oline and WR's....

In the 4th they should have turned it loose more though the injury bug was really killing Indy and that game was sitting there for the Chiefs to win.

88TG88
11-18-2007, 02:08 PM
I wasn't expecting to win so that doesn't matter. Croyle's play really softened the blow on this loss.

siberian khatru
11-18-2007, 02:11 PM
In the 4th they should have turned it loose more though the injury bug was really killing Indy and that game was sitting there for the Chiefs to win.

You could have saved all that other stuff and just written this. That's what really matters. That's what's really got people pissed. Herm sat back in a 10-10 game in the 4th waiting for the win to come to him.

LanceHunter
11-18-2007, 02:26 PM
The Genius of Football strategy, is doing to the Chiefs what he did to the jets, The owners are brilliant for hiring a coach with a losing record, and besides Herm is buddies with Dungy, I thought he was gonna hugg and kiss the guy to death before the game stated. Herm needs to keep his personal boot licking off the field on game day, he never even tries to beat his buddy, what a limp wristed sob...........now I feel better lol.

Molitoth
11-18-2007, 02:33 PM
This game showed how good this Chiefs team COULD be if they did the right things. Thats what makes me want to puke. I've been saying all season we have great potential.

Step #1 - Replace Huard. CHECK
Step #2 - Replace Solari.
Step #3 - Replace some shitty O-lineman.

munkey
11-18-2007, 02:37 PM

OMG...Keep drinking the "Herm kool-aid"...

WOW...

munkey
11-18-2007, 02:41 PM

OMG...Keep drinking the "Herm kool-aid"...

WOW...

GO CHIEFS....BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...What's the excuse next week?

munkey
11-18-2007, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=Mecca]Ehh.....if they had gone balls out Croyle probably would have been hit a lot more and turned it over...

QUOTE]

Hmmmm...I guess we'll never know will we....Why is everyone making excuses??

Seriously?

shaneo69
11-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Defense played lights out and put the offense in position to win.

Herm and Solari were content to just sit back and wait for the game to come to them -- let the Colts make a mistake, or have the hand of God step in and do something in KC's favor.

It didn't happen, but it could have. So it almost worked.

The Herm formula: Play good D, make sure you don't do anything risky on offense, hope a bouncing ball goes your way, fly home feeling good about yourself.

That's the thing. I'm sure Herm's feeling pretty good because he thinks we could've won if we would've just got a break or two.

FringeNC
11-18-2007, 03:38 PM
That's the thing. I'm sure Herm's feeling pretty good because he thinks we could've won if we would've just got a break or two.

Thing is, we did get a few breaks...

2 missed FG, a tipped INT, and a very questionable TD call.

Herm will only remember the bad luck, and forget about the good, and hope for better luck next game instead of taking responsibility for the loss.

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Once you're tied in the 4th... why not just go balls-out.

Throw everything you've got at 'em.

Sitting and waiting for a team to hand you a win is moronic. (Unless you're playing the Raiders)

Mecca
11-18-2007, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=Mecca]Ehh.....if they had gone balls out Croyle probably would have been hit a lot more and turned it over...

QUOTE]

Hmmmm...I guess we'll never know will we....Why is everyone making excuses??

Seriously?

I don't have a problem with it personally, it was a devil's advocate type of thing....if he threw a pick that lost the game I'm sure someone would be pissed about that and then we'd have Hootie and Goatse calling for Huard, ugh.

OnTheWarpath58
11-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Thing is, we did get a few breaks...

2 missed FG, a tipped INT, and a very questionable TD call.

Herm will only remember the bad luck, and forget about the good, and hope for better luck next game instead of taking responsibility for the loss.

Great post, but don't forget about the 6 dropped passes for the Colts.

Indy's WR corp didn't have much of a problem getting open, but sure as hell couldn't hang on to the ball.

There's a big difference between getting breaks, and TAKING ADVANTAGE of said breaks.

Manning could have thrown another 6 INT's.

Doesn't matter if you're not willing to turn past the first 3 pages of the playbook.

KC Jones
11-18-2007, 03:47 PM
I can understand coming out and being conservative at the start of this game. I can understand wanting to help Croyle by not asking him to do too much in his first start.

However, to run almost exclusively on 1st down, and to run > 70% of the time on long down and distances is just pathetic. The Colts weren't even the least bit concerned about passing plays. The play calls made our team predictable, and you won't win many games that way.