View Full Version : Herm's Excuse conference

banyon
11-18-2007, 02:02 PM
about to start

banyon
11-18-2007, 02:03 PM
"obviously it turned into a defensive game obviously"

Theymade some plays at the end.

We tried to take the air out of the ball.

Turnovers and missed FG's hurt us

banyon
11-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Good throw good catch by Brodie and #82

We gotta grow

banyon
11-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Teicher- "Should you have let them score"

Herm- we talked about it, but a lotof things could happen -"like a missed snap"

banyon
11-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Teicher -how did Brodie do

Herm- he made some good throws, he didnt see the guy coming on the fumble. We'll try to do some more things as we move on.

If you turn it over too many times you aren't going to win.

banyon
11-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Rick Dean (i think)- 10 points? You couldn't have asked the D to do much more

Herm- the D played pretty well

Dean- JA played well

Herm- yeah he played well

Bearcat
11-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Teicher- "Should you have let them score"

Herm- we talked about it, but a lotof things could happen -"like a missed snap"

We wouldn't want to miss an opportunity like that LMAO

hrhiner
11-18-2007, 02:08 PM
As Herm will say, "WEplay to looooosssee the game!"

kcpasco
11-18-2007, 02:08 PM
The turnovers really didn't even hurt this team in this game. I can't believe the lies coming out his mouth.

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 02:09 PM
I wish Herm would resign and go away and save us 3 more years of this cowardly loser bullshit.

banyon
Herm - 3rd and 18- we were playing a defensive game so we ran a draw.

You're playing a game like that you don't want to give them field position "obviously"

Teicher- looking at other Kickers?

Herm- don't want to get into kicking contest again, probably going to ride it out.

Whitlock- Boring game for fans, what's it like as a HC?

Herm- had a young QB, didn't want to be out of the game throwing ball around. It may be a boring game for fans, but it was a defensive game. Gotta hope you can make a play at the end.

Fruit Ninja
haha, Whitlock. Colts fans were boo'ing, Chiefs fans probably as well. I twas a boring game. How is it for a coach to watch a boring game. lol

Fruit Ninja
11-18-2007, 02:10 PM
I wouldnt say it was boring. More frustrating because our playcalling on offense lost the game for us.

Hydrae
11-18-2007, 02:10 PM
"You have to hope for something to happen so you can win."

Bull honky, you go out and grab the game by the horns and win the damned thing! You don't "hope" you have a chance to win. :rolleyes:

banyon
11-18-2007, 02:11 PM
We wouldn't want to miss an opportunity like that LMAO

Yeah, that was the dumbest line of the presser. Lots of missed snaps late in the 4th Q to jump on.

CupidStunt
11-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Whitlock- Boring game for fans, what's it like as a HC?

Herm- had a young QB, didn't want to be out of the game throwing ball around. It may be a boring game for fans, but it was a defensive game. Gotta hope you can make a play at the end.

Case in point why the Chiefs are doomed for mediocrity until he's gone. We'll catch 8 breaks and fail in the other 8 attempts.

8-8... although we won't even get that this year, which is a good thing. Well, it's a good bad thing.

banyon
I wouldnt say it was boring. More frustrating because our playcalling on offense lost the game for us.

I agree it wasn't boring, but the playcalling was the problem.

the Talking Can
someone ask him what it is like to lose to a real coach...a coach who isn't a coward....

siberian khatru
11-18-2007, 02:13 PM

I rest my ****ing case.

Bearcat
11-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Gotta hope you can make a play at the end.

Can we put this on a sign so all the players can touch it as they come out of the tunnel? F***ing T*ts.

doomy3
11-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Yeah, that was the dumbest line of the presser. Lots of missed snaps late in the 4th Q to jump on.

When were we supposed to let them score? They downed the ball! Did you want the Chiefs to let Manning score on 4th down instead of going for the stop and turnover on downs??? Talk about gutless football...

ILChief
11-18-2007, 02:17 PM
someone ask him what it is like to lose to a real coach...a coach who isn't a coward....

it's easy to not be a coward when you have Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne. The same was said about Dungy when he had Shaun King and Reidel Anthony in Tampa. I love wide open offense as much as anyone. But this is the most encouraged I've ever been after a loss.

banyon
When were we supposed to let them score? They downed the ball! Did you want the Chiefs to let Manning score on 4th down instead of going for the stop and turnover on downs??? Talk about gutless football...

You let them run it in on the Addai play. I remember a Tampa Bay game on Monday night a couple of years ago where it worked.

doomy3

...a coach who has a real football team...a team with one of the best QBs ever and 2 of the top WRs in the game

Apples and Oranges.

banyon
11-18-2007, 02:19 PM
...a coach who has a real football team...a team with one of the best QBs ever and 2 of the top WRs in the game

Apples and Oranges.

Harrison was out.

doomy3
11-18-2007, 02:19 PM
You let them run it in on the Addai play. I remember a Tampa Bay game on Monday night a couple of years ago where it worked.

WE ALMOST FORCED THEM TO TURN THE BALL OVER ON DOWNS.

Talk about playing not to lose. That is exactly what that is. Our D was stopping them all game. You don't let them score there. Maybe after they got the first down on Manning's sneak. But then the Colts didn't try to score.

doomy3
11-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Harrison was out.

I understand that. I am just commenting that you simply cannot compare coaches with these 2 rosters. The Colts have infinitely more talent than us.

DaWolf
11-18-2007, 02:36 PM
it's easy to not be a coward when you have Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne. The same was said about Dungy when he had Shaun King and Reidel Anthony in Tampa. I love wide open offense as much as anyone. But this is the most encouraged I've ever been after a loss.

Oh yeah, Tampa fans piled on Dungy similar to what we are doing now after some of their games. Herm needs better players and a better playcaller on offense...

Coach
11-18-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm surprised that nobody has the balls to mention to Herm about the 2nd quarter debacle, especially with 1:15 with 3 timouts.

FAX
11-18-2007, 02:39 PM
What was the deal on the fumbles? NFL.com says there were three or so.

FAX

banyon
11-18-2007, 02:40 PM
810 is pretty funny today.

Clinkscale isn't there to talk Jack Harry off the ledge.

Instead, St. john is talking him over it.

BigMeatballDave
11-18-2007, 02:43 PM

This is a loser mentality.

doomy3
11-18-2007, 02:45 PM
This is a loser mentality.

As is the idea that we should have just let them score when our D had been dominating them all game.

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 02:50 PM

I'm thrilled about Croyle. Herm just showed his true colors.

I have a simple question, for anyone:

What did we have to lose?

What are you afraid of?

We're not going to the Superbowl, so what EXACTLY are you people afraid of?

Why not try to win in the 4th?

MahiMike
11-18-2007, 03:46 PM
I didn't get to see the game - heard the end on the radio. Why didn't they have any timeouts left? Did Herm blow them again?

Count Zarth
11-18-2007, 03:47 PM
I didn't get to see the game - heard the end on the radio. Why didn't they have any timeouts left? Did Herm blow them again?

Indy ran the clock down.

Psyko Tek
11-18-2007, 04:02 PM

Bull honky, you go out and grab the game by the horns and win the damned thing! You don't "hope" you have a chance to win. :rolleyes:

luck is not a game plan

FAX
11-18-2007, 04:18 PM
What was the deal on the fumbles? NFL.com says there were three or so.

FAX

Anyone?

Inquiring minds, and all.

FAX

banyon
11-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Anyone?

Inquiring minds, and all.

FAX

Kennison lost one on a punt return. He really coughed it right up.

Brodie lost one on a sack-fumble.

I see the other one on the stats, but I don't think we lost it.

kcgizmo
11-18-2007, 04:25 PM
To Clark Hunt: I am willing to be the coach of this team. I will make sure that we play to win the game and not play to make sure we will not loose the game. I do realize you may want someone with some football knowledge, but from what I have seen today this must not be a priority. I would like to hope that you as the owner of this team would expect better and would be willing to let these guys play to there strengths, but I think the staff in place now are looking for some sort of football god to help, and not letting this team do what it can do, like win games. Any way I will get my resume togather for your review.

Ari Chi3fs
11-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Id like to ask him what the **** he sees in Solari.

Zouk
11-18-2007, 04:35 PM
What did we have to lose?

What are you afraid of?

We're not going to the Superbowl, so what EXACTLY are you people afraid of?

Why not try to win in the 4th?

The answer is that the did what he thought would give the team the best chance to win. He'd coach the same whether we were 0-10 or 10-0.

He sees that when we drop back in 7 step drops this year we turn the ball over an alarming % of the time. He saw what happened when we "opened it up", spread out the formations, and threw every down in the 3rd quarter of last week's game against the Broncos. He wanted to keep Brodie out of 3rd and longs where he would get beaten around and knocked silly in his 1st game (thus the constant pitches out to the receiver on 1st down designed to get 2-6 yards). He knows the Colts play the defense most oriented to picking off passes (all players facing the QB, with none turning and running with WR's) if you throw downfield. He knows that the D can contain the Colts playing without Harrison and both of their starting tackles. He can see the team winning a 16-13 game but not a 30-27 one based on the talent on the team. He sees that until he can get to the offseason and rip up the O, he's got to try and win ugly on the road.

I really think the Chiefs need to make a stop on that last drive. With the Colts playing backup tackles, we need to dominate that side and get the stop when it counts. But Gunther unnecessarily over-blitzed and gave Manning easy openings when none were there all game.

And this is another game we win with better special teams. That's the REAL killer on this team.

movinbones
11-18-2007, 07:17 PM
To Clark Hunt: I am willing to be the coach of this team. I will make sure that we play to win the game and not play to make sure we will not loose the game. I do realize you may want someone with some football knowledge, but from what I have seen today this must not be a priority. I would like to hope that you as the owner of this team would expect better and would be willing to let these guys play to there strengths, but I think the staff in place now are looking for some sort of football god to help, and not letting this team do what it can do, like win games. Any way I will get my resume togather for your review.

Be sure to use spell check on your resume ;)