PDA

View Full Version : QB Comparison

DenverChief
11-18-2007, 03:04 PM
B. Croyle - 19/27 - 169 - 6.3 - 1 - 0

P. Manning - 16/32 - 163 - 5.1 - 0 - 1

Not bad for our young QB ...I know it is just one game but damn I got excited when he would drop back to pass...every pass play was fun to watch

dj56dt58
11-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Croyle outplayed Manning, our D outplayed their D, our rushing game found some holes...hmm why did they beat us. What did they do better than we did?? :hmmm:

blueballs
11-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Cowher gave him a pat on the back

MIAdragon
11-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Croyle outplayed Manning, our D outplayed their D, our rushing game found some holes...hmm why did they beat us. What did they do better than we did?? :hmmm:

Coaching........

Count Alex's Wins
11-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Brodie - 99.1
Manning - 51.9

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 03:11 PM

Ball control in the 4th quarter. We acted like we had 'disposable' possessions. You could tell that we accepted a punt like it was a positive gain.

Also, we had 3 TOs and 1:15 at the end of the 1st half and Solari just runs out the clock.

:banghead:

blueballs
11-18-2007, 03:18 PM
We may just have a QBotF
never mind that we lost a game
EVERYONE thought was lost since it was scheduled

Warrior5
11-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Ball control in the 4th quarter. We acted like we had 'disposable' possessions. You could tell that we accepted a punt like it was a positive gain.

Also, we had 3 TOs and 1:15 at the end of the 1st half and Solari just runs out the clock.

:banghead:

Exactly. I fully expected to be beat today; I did not expect to give the game away due to piss-poor offensive coaching.

Kudos to the players today, especially one each QB named Croyle.

Mecca
11-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Manning of course made a couple big plays when he needed too...

Today the Chiefs and Colts were close in talent they were down to basically Wayne and Addai and nothing else on offense.

64 Chief
11-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Good start for Croyle, that is what is most important today. The season is toast. Refine the defense, play young players and cheer for MU/KU (preferably MU).

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Good start for Croyle, that is what is most important today. The season is toast. Refine the defense, play young players and cheer for MU/KU (preferably MU).

The season is not toast. We end this day no worse than 1 game out of 1st place.

This game gives us something to build on for the final 6 games.

mrub4
11-18-2007, 03:36 PM
So did Croyle look good overall? I couldn't get a good stream of the game, didn't get the radio stream until late in the 4th, and stats can be misleading. Did he even get a chance to throw any long balls?

Mr. Arrowhead
11-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Honestly these next 3 games are the most important of the season, if we win the next 3, we will win the division

KC Tattoo
11-18-2007, 03:46 PM
So did Croyle look good overall? I couldn't get a good stream of the game, didn't get the radio stream until late in the 4th, and stats can be misleading. Did he even get a chance to throw any long balls?

He looked damn good to me!!! Thank God we have Brodie. He is going to be a good one for KC Chiefs. Now we have something to build upon. Now we can get better as a team. Now we have a future. Brodie has a lot to learn, but he has "it" IMHKCCFO. Brodie to D Bowe!!!!!!

GarySpFc
11-18-2007, 04:16 PM
I wonder how many doubt Blue-Ray now?

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 04:17 PM
it was a very good start for Croyle, he showed a lot of composure after he calmed down...and his arm is electric...

funnest game of the year, got me way to worked up...I think I blacked out when he hit Bowe perfectly in the calves for a TD...lol

Mecca
11-18-2007, 04:18 PM
We you guys be proud to make the playoffs with 7 wins?

blueballs
11-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Brodie says the TD throw to Bowe
was designed to go to Tony G
saw a nickel back on Bowe and took the chance

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 04:25 PM

Herm and Solari had him on lock down. They were afraid to let him throw deep.

Early he was too amped and was throwing way too hard and a bit high. He missed Bowe on a deep out that would have been a huge play.

But in the second half he looked very composed and was drilling people in the hands. Our only TD came on a drive that had several completions from Croyle topped off by a BEAUTIFUL strike deep to Bowe in the corner of the end zone...Bowe literally caught it in his legs as he was flying our of bounds.

But on several key 3rd and longs in the second half our staff chose to run draws and punt rather than let Croyle throw it.

Croyle was blindsided and fumbled in the first half. But in the second on a similiar play he felt the pressure and spiked the ball avoiding a big sack. A very heady play, I thought.

All in all he looked about as good as you could hope. He has to watch his feet as he has a tendency to get off balance. But he also scrambled and made a completion while looking downfield. He has total confidence in his arm, with good reason. But it is also clear that the coaches are afraid of him going downfield.

A very promising start. Thrilling to watch.

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Considering he went on the road against the world champs and their #3 defense for his first start and outperformed 3 time MVP and future HOFer Manning, I'd say it was a good performance.

Then again, I'm a homer.

blueballs
11-18-2007, 04:52 PM
You don't have to be a homer to think Croyle did a fine job
You'd have to be a hater to think otherwise

kstater
11-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Today the Chiefs and Colts were close in talent they were down to basically Wayne and Addai and nothing else on offense.

I think they have a quarterback that is halfway decent.

HolmeZz
11-18-2007, 05:01 PM

Yeah there's not much of a dropoff from Manning, Wayne, and Addai to Croyle, Holmes, and Bowe.

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Today, Brodie Croyle went on the road to face the defending super bowl champs and their #3 defense.
His stat line (19-27 for 169, 1 TD and no INT) is impressive considering we have a Pop Warner OC and no running game.

We were tied until :04 remained.

People, that's the toughest game Brodie will play all year long.

Its all gravy after today compared to the huge odds stacked against a young QB in his first start ever. If he looked this sharp against a truly scary team on the road, he should excel against the rest of our schedule that does not include many legitimate winning teams.

With the AFC Worst playing so poorly (we will be no worse off than 1 game out of first tomorrow night), there's a scenario out there that KC can still win the division and play at home in the post season.

If Croyle can play that well with a dumbed down playbook, no running game and nearly beat the world champs in their house for his first ever NFL start, there's much reason to hope for this season and the next 10 years.

KCJ
Blind, deceiver homer
:arrow:

Marcellus
11-18-2007, 06:15 PM
We you guys be proud to make the playoffs with 7 wins?

I would be happy to see Croyle get some playoff experience no matter how he gets it.

Pablo
11-18-2007, 06:27 PM

Today the Chiefs and Colts were close in talent they were down to basically Wayne and Addai and nothing else on offense.It really must be difficult for you to give the Chiefs any credit. Given the fact they are starting a future HOFer who will own every passing record known to man before he's through, and a young versatile pro-bowl back, coupled with Wayne and Dallas Clark, the Colts offense is much more dangerous than the Chiefs could ever hope to be, offensive line problems or not.

The Chiefs D just shut them down. They got to Manning early and often, and stopped the run for the most part. On offense the Chiefs had decent production against the No. 3 defense that was only missing Dwight Freeney. Our defense would look totally different without JA, but we still don't have the offensive firepower they do to make up for defensive failures.

They were nowhere near evenly matched, the opening line was 14.5 in the Colts favor. The Chiefs just played the most complete game they have this year and came up short in the end because of bad play-calling and special teams.

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 06:30 PM
It really must be difficult for you to give the Chiefs any credit. Given the fact they are starting a future HOFer who will own every passing record known to man before he's through, and a young versatile pro-bowl back, coupled with Wayne and Dallas Clark, the Colts offense is much more dangerous than the Chiefs could ever hope to be, offensive line problems or not.

The Chiefs D just shut them down. They got to Manning early and often, and stopped the run for the most part. On offense the Chiefs had decent production against the No. 3 defense that was only missing Dwight Freeney. Our defense would look totally different without JA, but we still don't have the offensive firepower they do to make up for defensive failures.

They were nowhere near evenly matched, the opening line was 14.5 in the Colts favor. The Chiefs just played the most complete game they have this year and came up short in the end because of bad play-calling and special teams.

:thumb: :toast:

siberian khatru
11-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Herm and Solari had him on lock down. They were afraid to let him throw deep.

Early he was too amped and was throwing way too hard and a bit high. He missed Bowe on a deep out that would have been a huge play.

But in the second half he looked very composed and was drilling people in the hands. Our only TD came on a drive that had several completions from Croyle topped off by a BEAUTIFUL strike deep to Bowe in the corner of the end zone...Bowe literally caught it in his legs as he was flying our of bounds.

But on several key 3rd and longs in the second half our staff chose to run draws and punt rather than let Croyle throw it.

Croyle was blindsided and fumbled in the first half. But in the second on a similiar play he felt the pressure and spiked the ball avoiding a big sack. A very heady play, I thought.

All in all he looked about as good as you could hope. He has to watch his feet as he has a tendency to get off balance. But he also scrambled and made a completion while looking downfield. He has total confidence in his arm, with good reason. But it is also clear that the coaches are afraid of him going downfield.

A very promising start. Thrilling to watch.

:holdman:

HolmeZz
11-18-2007, 06:38 PM
I take it Mecca put down a lot of money on the Chiefs today, given the line was close to 15 points. That was a gimme considering how close the Chiefs and Colts were in talent.

Pablo
11-18-2007, 06:40 PM
I take it Mecca put down a lot of money on the Chiefs today, given the line was close to 15 points. That was a gimme considering how close the Chiefs and Colts were in talent.Yeah, who doesn't bet against their "favorite" NFL team whose board they post on non-stop?

Ugly Duck
11-18-2007, 08:32 PM
QB Comparison:
Brobie Coyle ........ 19/27 - 169
Peyton Manning ....16/32 - 163
Dante Culpepper....23/39 - 344

blueballs
11-18-2007, 08:37 PM
C-Pic is bombastic

dj56dt58
11-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Brobie Coyle ........ 19/27 - 169
Peyton Manning ....16/32 - 163
Dante Culpepper....23/39 - 344
what was the score in that last game again?

Mr. Laz
11-18-2007, 09:31 PM
i was pretty happy with Croyles play

he was nervous and overthrowing the 1st half .... passes were sailing on him. but he settled down.

our coaching staff was from my old high school though.