PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland/Baltimore

kstater
11-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Anyone watching this.

Two fg's with less than a minute left. 2nd one went in but refs called it no good.

kstater
11-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Now called the FG good. Going to overtime.

MIAdragon
11-18-2007, 02:36 PM
That was crazy!

ClevelandBronco
11-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Weirdest field goal ever. That was fun to watch.

OnTheWarpath58
11-18-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure WTF Billick is so pissed about.

Had that happened to Stover and the refs hadn't gotten the call right he would go apeshit.

BigMeatballDave
11-18-2007, 02:38 PM
I have never seen a kick do that. It hit the curved part beyond the crossbar and bounced back into the field of play. I always wondered what the ruling on something like this would be. Wild...

alnorth
11-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Those refs did an awesome job. The refs under the goal couldnt agree, one ref was waving it no good, the other ref refused to agree, and the head umpire took charge.

He KNEW this was not reviewable, so whatever call is made on the field would stand. The rules probably do not provide for a "review" before the official call on the field was made, but he basically said to hell with it, this is a bizarre unique situation that has never happened and no one could expect ever would happen, lets see a camera, and then we will make the original call on the field.

He was very careful with his words, it was not "upon further review", it was "after discussions".

Baltimore can officially protest this game if they want and the protest could end up being successful for all I know, but this ref did the right thing.

OnTheWarpath58
11-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Cleveland wins in OT.

Wow.

ClevelandBronco
11-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Those refs did an awesome job. The refs under the goal couldnt agree, one ref was waving it no good, the other ref refused to agree, and the head umpire took charge.

He KNEW this was not reviewable, so whatever call is made on the field would stand. The rules probably do not provide for a "review" before the official call on the field was made, but he basically said to hell with it, this is a bizarre unique situation that has never happened and no one could expect ever would happen, lets see a camera, and then we will make the original call on the field.

He was very careful with his words, it was not "upon further review", it was "after discussions".

Baltimore can officially protest this game if they want and the protest could end up being successful for all I know, but this ref did the right thing.

Perfectly handled. He deserves Super Bowl consideration.

Phobia
11-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Refs got it right. That's all you can ask. Well done.