PDA

View Full Version : Even with a loss can Missouri stay in the Top 3?

chiefsfan1963
11-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Just curious if Kansas beats Missouri in a close one can the Tigers stay in the Top 3?

Phobia
11-18-2007, 03:01 PM
no. next question.

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 03:01 PM
:spock:

Why would they?

Bob Dole
11-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Wow. This was really worth a new thread.

beer bacon
11-18-2007, 03:03 PM
If KU beats MU, KU will prove they are legit by beating a top five team. This in turn will prove to the voters and computers that the Big 12 is a legit conference, and MU will jump to #2. Book it!

64 Chief
11-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Don't even think it.

chiefsfan1963
11-18-2007, 03:05 PM
I don't watch college much. I just thought that No. 3 loses a close one to No.2. Where would No. 3 drop to?

ChiefsCountry
11-18-2007, 03:06 PM

Look who started it. Should answer that question really easily. ;)

BCD
11-18-2007, 03:07 PM
No ****ing way.

beer bacon
I don't watch college much. I just thought that No. 3 loses a close one to No.2. Where would No. 3 drop to?

They would drop down past all the one loss teams and probably past some of the two loss teams as well. MU would probably drop into the 8-12 range.

BCD
I don't watch college much. I just thought that No. 3 loses a close one to No.2. Where would No. 3 drop to?My guess would be 8th or 9th.

HolmeZz
11-18-2007, 03:09 PM
No chance.

doomy3
11-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Yes. If KU beats MU, MU's strength of schedule will raise even higher and they will actually leapfrog KU and will have an extra week to rest before playing for the National Championship while KU and OU beat each other up.

BCD
11-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Yes. If KU beats MU, MU's strength of schedule will raise even higher and they will actually leapfrog KU and will have an extra week to rest before playing for the National Championship while KU and OU beat each other up.HUH?

beer bacon
11-18-2007, 03:12 PM
HUH?

It is just facts man. Don't doubt it.

doomy3
11-18-2007, 03:19 PM
HUH?

Yep. That's how it will happen. KU is in a lose-lose situation. MU's schedule is just too strong.

Anyong Bluth
11-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Yep. That's how it will happen. KU is in a lose-lose situation. MU's schedule is just too strong.

Except if KU loses to MU, and then loses again to OU.
I think then KU might get the BCS nod?

maybe not.

kstater
11-18-2007, 03:27 PM

Maybe Bob Dole should sticky the game thread. Then ban the tards who create a new thread for every thought that pops into their heads.

doomy3
11-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Except if KU loses to MU, and then loses again to OU.
I think then KU might get the BCS nod?

maybe not.

Nope, they played an easy non-conference schedule while MU played juggernauts like Western Michigan and Illinois State. Clearly, they should play for the NC win, lose, or draw on Saturday.

Bob Dole
11-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Maybe Bob Dole should sticky the game thread. Then ban the tards who create a new thread for every thought that pops into their heads.

That post probably merits a couple of new threads.

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Maybe Bob Dole should sticky the game thread. Then ban the tards who create a new thread for every thought that pops into their heads.You're just jealous...

arentcha...

:D

kstater
11-18-2007, 03:33 PM
You're just jealous...

arentcha...

:D

Not one bit. Good for the Big 12 :grr:

Bob Dole
11-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Just curious if Kansas beats Missouri in a close one can the Tigers stay in the Top 3?

To illustrate:

Mizzou won and got leapfrogged anyway by WVU to be kept out of the #3 spot in the USA Today poll.

Spott
11-18-2007, 03:34 PM
To illustrate:

Mizzou won and got leapfrogged anyway by WVU to be kept out of the #3 spot in the USA Today poll.

WVU has been ahead of Mizzou in the both polls all along. Mizzou has only been ahead of WVU in the BCS.

Anyong Bluth
11-18-2007, 03:56 PM
I was joking.. KU loses, I don't really see them being in a BCS game unless some really weird shit went down.

Bob Dole
11-18-2007, 03:58 PM
WVU has been ahead of Mizzou in the both polls all along. Mizzou has only been ahead of WVU in the BCS.

You're right. Bob Dole looked at it crooked.

doomy3
11-18-2007, 04:02 PM
I was joking.. KU loses, I don't really see them being in a BCS game unless some really weird shit went down.

I realize that. Obviously, my posts aren't serious either.

chiefsfan1963
11-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Let me get this straight you are No. 3 in the Nation and you play a team that is No. 2 really close in fact it's anyones guess who will win both teams are evenly matched in everyone's mind. You being No. 3 lose the game in double overtime and then you drop to 9th or 12th in the rankings the No. 2 team winner stays at worst No. 2.

Later the other team(s) that jump ahead of you play that No. 2 team and get their tails kicked in.

I'm not getting this.

doomy3
11-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Let me get this straight you are No. 3 in the Nation and you play a team that is No. 2 really close in fact it's anyones guess who will win both teams are evenly matched in everyone's mind. You being No. 3 lose the game in double overtime and then you drop to 9th or 12th in the rankings the No. 2 team winner stays at worst No. 2.

Later the other team(s) that jump ahead of you play that No. 2 team and get their tails kicked in.

I'm not getting this.

You are obviously just incapable of understanding these things. It might be a bit over your head. You should just quit trying.

Guru
11-18-2007, 04:14 PM
ROFL You don't pay much attention to the polls week in and week out do you?

chiefsfan1963
11-18-2007, 04:19 PM
ROFL You don't pay much attention to the polls week in and week out do you?

Not really. I just watch the NFL for the most part. I never went to a Big sports college team. I went to Tulane, but followed the Tigers when their basketball teams were competitive and just recently when their football program broke through in a big way in the national rankings.

This never happened in my lifetime. The Tigers were No. 1 in 1960 I was born in 1963.

BCD
11-18-2007, 05:11 PM

I'm not getting this.If MU loses, this would give them 2 losses. Its quite possible they would drop out of the top 10.

KChiefs1
11-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Doesn't matter what the 2 losses are even if they are to teams ranked in the top 5....they'd be on the fringe of the top 10.

Mr. Laz
11-18-2007, 06:09 PM
not a chance imo .....

we'll be lucky to have 2 big 12 teams in the top 10 after this is over.

KU/MU loses takes a big dive because MU will have 2 loses and KU will be "exposed"

if OU loses then they will have 3 loses and will take a dive.

chiefsfan1963
11-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Hopefully MU wins out. No matter what MU has made great strides and has a lot to look forward to in 2008. Congrats MU fans.

blueballs
11-18-2007, 06:14 PM
yet this dumbass can still make threads

CoMoChief
11-18-2007, 06:17 PM
MU is top 3 by a hanging chad. They're ****ed if they lose at all. I can see them dropping as far as 10 if they lose to KU. Not so far if they lose to OU/TX in the Big12 Championship.

Mr. Laz
11-18-2007, 06:17 PM
in fact i think KU is the only Big 12 team that has a real chance to play in the national title game.

OU is toast

MU will get screwed if there is anyway possible to do it. West virginia ... Ohio state

KU staying undefeated will force them to put a Big 12 team in the title game ...... everyone else is fooked.

CoMoChief
11-18-2007, 06:22 PM
in fact i think KU is the only Big 12 team that has a real chance to play in the national title game.

OU is toast

MU will get screwed if there is anyway possible to do it. West virginia ... Ohio state

KU staying undefeated will force them to put a Big 12 team in the title game ...... everyone else is fooked.
If MU wins out, they will go to the National Championship. Beating KU would put them at #2 and winning the Big12 Championship would stamp their mark on the national title game. You can't get jumped for winning, especially against 2 top 10 teams in the last 2 weeks including the number 2 team in the nation, when you were currently #3.

Same with KU, if they win out, they go to the National Title game.

Mangino deserves National Coach of the Year IMO. What he's done with that KU football team is amazing this season.

Cochise
11-18-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm really starting to see Mizzou getting screwed even if they win out. LSU, West Virginia, Ohio State.. so many more ESPN friendly matchups out there. I don't think for a moment they'd put us in the title game versus one of those hype schools with other things being equal.

They'd jam Kansas too if they had the chance, given their opponents' record, but without a loss they might not be able to justify it.

Mr. Laz
11-18-2007, 06:29 PM
If MU wins out, they will go to the National Championship. Beating KU would put them at #2 and winning the Big12 Championship would stamp their mark on the national title game. You can't get jumped for winning, especially against 2 top 10 teams in the last 2 weeks including the number 2 team in the nation, when you were currently #3.

Same with KU, if they win out, they go to the National Title game.

Mangino deserves National Coach of the Year IMO. What he's done with that KU football team is amazing this season.
i think you underestimate the coastal bias

Mr. Laz
11-18-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm really starting to see Mizzou getting screwed even if they win out. LSU, West Virginia, Ohio State.. so many more ESPN friendly matchups out there. I don't think for a moment they'd put us in the title game versus one of those hype schools with other things being equal.
yep ...

even if MU wins out they will still have 1 loss just like all those teams you listed.

They will screw the Big 12 if they can

the only reason KU has a shot is because being undefeated won't really give them a choice.

OU losing didn't help mizzou at all ..... it just lowered the impact of a MU win over OU.

Cochise
11-18-2007, 06:33 PM
I don't know whether to hate OU more or Texas Tech.

beer bacon
11-18-2007, 07:00 PM

OU is toast

Ohio State is done. They have no more games until their bowl. They are behind MU already, and there is no way they move ahead of MU if MU wins the next two weeks.

WVU is barely ahead of MU in the BCS. They one game against #20 U-Conn and another against a bad Pitt team. Again, if MU wins out the quality of the teams they beat will put them heads and shoulders above WVU in the BCS.

It is ignorant to think MU won't be #2 after beating the #2 team in the country and another team that at worst will be #13, but probably more like 8-10th.