PDA

View Full Version : Truth is....This team needs an attitude change, and work on the little things

RedThat
11-18-2007, 03:45 PM
We coulda won this game. Easily.

Im convinced we shoulda won. I still think the Colts are a good team but they're struggling right now, and have a lot of injuries.

The Chiefs faced 2 teams, 2 weeks in a row that are beat up, and not playing the greatest football. But yet they still lose? It just goes to show they are a bad team.

Either way, when they play well somewhere like defense, they find ways to screw things up. It just happens with this team, and it's frustrating.

Im convinced this team seems to always have a problem capitalizing on opportunties. the miscues kill them everytime. Rayner misses 2 field goals, make those and this woulda been a different ball game.

Herm Edwards teams lack execution. Top that off, with conservative playcalling, and that does spell a bad recipe. One too sour to taste.

Im not gonna believe that "the Chiefs play to win the game", they play like they just want to keep the score close. That is not gonna do them any good. They don't give themselves a chance? They make things hard on themselves when it's clear they shouldn't. That is the REAL truth.
every Chiefs game I watched this year it's like they don't go in with that attitude like they want to score. take chances down the field. Instead, it's always a play it safe style.

Im tired of the plays we call. don't blame solari, blame Herm. It's his philosophy, and his approach to the game that kills us everytime. these stupid runs up the middle gotta go. The wr screens, and the short quick slants, it's all conservative. We always play this way till we trail late in games and then we get the opposition to force ourselves to come out of our shell and open things up.

the Chiefs approach on gameday is TIMID! you don't win in this league when you play out of fear. And then when we lose, the head coach will say, "it's the turnovers that kill us!"....We don't need to hear that crap, we deserve better. The Chiefs lead the league in 3 and outs, and you know what else? we have the most negative plays. why? because were to predictable. That is why?

this coaching staff needs to be changed. They have lost us a good 3 games this year.

kstater
11-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Hasn't been said before, but it's all Solari's fault.

MIAdragon
11-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Truth is....This team needs coaching change, and work on the little things

FYP

doomy3
11-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Our toughness and attitude are what kept us in this game.

RedThat
11-18-2007, 03:51 PM

Our attitude is what lost us this game.

OnTheWarpath58
11-18-2007, 03:52 PM

No kidding.

I'm proud as hell of the players. They kept this game close IN SPITE of the coaching.

I read in another forum that Gonzo really ripped the coaching staff in some postgame comments.

Can anyone confirm that?

I'd rather not start ANOTHER thread.

doomy3
11-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Our attitude is what lost us this game.

I disagree. We played with much more passion than Indy did today. They beat us because they are more talented than us. We don't have anyone who can carry Peyton or Addai's jock. And we shut them down for most of the day based soley on gameplan and attitude.

OnTheWarpath58
11-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Our coach's attitude is what lost us this game.

FYP.

suds79
11-18-2007, 03:56 PM
This team is incapable of scoring a bunch of points without turnovers and I'm convinced it's the personnel.

Back in the DV days we had 3 O-linemen probowlers, a probowl QB, a probowl TE, a probowl FB & a pro bowl RB.

Now we're down to a probowl TE and a really bad O-line.

What else could you expect?

RedThat
11-18-2007, 04:04 PM
I disagree. We played with much more passion than Indy did today. They beat us because they are more talented than us. We don't have anyone who can carry Peyton or Addai's jock. And we shut them down for most of the day based soley on gameplan and attitude.

Passion is half the battle. The defense played with a lot of passion, was smart and physical.

but what about the other side of the ball? They played so conservative and didn't take many chances. What about playing without fear? Something this team doesn't do. This team has timid written all over them. This teams personality is a direct reflection of it's head coach.

doomy3
11-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Passion is half the battle. The defense played with a lot of passion, was smart and physical.

but what about the other side of the ball? They played so conservative and didn't take many chances. What about playing without fear? Something this team doesn't do. This team has timid written all over them. This teams personality is a direct reflection of it's head coach.

So, I guess the Colts' Offense didn't take chances either? Afterall, they only scored 13 points. Dungy must go.

RedThat
11-18-2007, 04:07 PM
So, I guess the Colts' Offense didn't take chances either? Afterall, they only scored 13 points. Dungy must go.

the Colts took chances, what hurt them was lack of execution. They dropped like 6 or 7 passes today.

doomy3
11-18-2007, 04:13 PM
the Colts took chances, what hurt them was lack of execution. They dropped like 6 or 7 passes today.

This is just completely ridiculous. They scored 3 more points than us, but they were heads and shoulders better as far as coaching goes? If those are our receivers dropping passes, I'm sure it's because Herm doesn't have them focused enough or something else like that.

RedThat
11-18-2007, 04:25 PM
This is just completely ridiculous. They scored 3 more points than us, but they were heads and shoulders better as far as coaching goes? If those are our receivers dropping passes, I'm sure it's because Herm doesn't have them focused enough or something else like that.

They say receivers dropping passes or missed tackles aren't the coaches fault. I say that isn't true. That's a scapegoat, in terms of not blaming the coach.

A lot of it, believe it or not, is how good of a job your head coach does in getting your team prepared. yes focus is part of it. Preparation has ties with how your team is going to perform on the field come gameday. And a lot of times the chiefs aren't prepared. Chances are the better your team is prepared and focused, the better you will execute come gametime.

Herm beat himself. He mismanaged the game today. If anything, I blame him for using his timeouts too early. And you know what happened? He got burned in the end. Indy took advantage, and killed the clock and kicked the game winning FG. Im starting to believe that when I hear Herm makes questionable decisions late in games, Im beginning to see a lot of truth in that statement.

chiefbowe82
11-18-2007, 04:30 PM
I could always tell when the colts were gonna score before their drives started, you could feel the energy sucked right out of the chiefs, they need to battle through that.

RedThat
11-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Another thing about Herm, running the ball late in the 1st half killing the clock so you could go into halftime satisfied with a tie is not playing to win the game, but playing good enough to keep the score close. If the guy is going to make bold statements like that, then why not back it up?

What's he afraid of? A turnover? please. I hate this kinda coaching mentality.

Plus add the fact, he wasted all his timeouts early late in the game, setting up the Colts with an opportunity to kill the clock late in the game to kick the game winning FG. He gave the frikk'n game away. Dungy was intellegent enough to see his mistake and was smart enough to take advantage of it.

Herm is a classic example of a guy who fails to capitalize on an opportunity. When it's clear the opportunity is breathing down your neck and staring at you in the face telling you you have a chance. Nope. Instead he wastes it away.

He doesn't create opportunities either. Herm is a poor game manager in general who cracks under pressure. You can see from the decision he makes in games is out of fear. i.e., again just killing the clock and running the ball late in the first half.

Meanwhile, in the media, he acts as if he is this tough SOB who isn't afraid, but in critical situations late games, his approach, playcalling tell us otherwise.