PDA

View Full Version : A Few Reasons for Hope

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Today, Brodie Croyle went on the road to face the defending super bowl champs and their #3 defense.
His stat line (19-27 for 169, 1 TD and no INT) is impressive considering we have a Pop Warner OC and no running game.

We were tied until :04 remained.

People, that's the toughest game Brodie will play all year long.

Its all gravy after today compared to the huge odds stacked against a young QB in his first start ever. If he looked this sharp against a truly scary team on the road, he should excel against the rest of our schedule that does not include many legitimate winning teams.

With the AFC Worst playing so poorly (we will be no worse off than 1 game out of first tomorrow night), there's a scenario out there that KC can still win the division and play at home in the post season.

If Croyle can play that well with a dumbed down playbook, no running game and nearly beat the world champs in their house for his first ever NFL start, there's much reason to hope for this season and the next 10 years.

KCJ
Blind, deceiver homer
:arrow:

Mr. Arrowhead
11-18-2007, 05:07 PM
A playoff game is huge, especially for experience for brodie and all the other young guys

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 05:09 PM
A playoff game is huge, especially for experience for brodie and all the other young guys

That's a possibility.
The thing that impressed me is that there is literally almost no scenario more difficult for a young QB than the one we saw today.

The kid nearly pulled it off. The rest of the schedule can only be easier.

jjchieffan
11-18-2007, 05:09 PM
I am with you. Playing like we did today we can beat anybody. We will win next week against Oakland & avenge our loss to the donkeys. Yes you heard me. We will win at invesco this year. We will defeat SD again. Detroit, Tenn and NYJ will fall to us as well. 10-6 division winners here we come. Go Brodie go!!

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 05:10 PM
I am with you. Playing like we did today we can beat anybody. We will win next week against Oakland & avenge our loss to the donkeys. Yes you heard me. We will win at invesco this year. We will defeat SD again. Detroit, Tenn and NYJ will fall to us as well. 10-6 division winners here we come. Go Brodie go!!
Especially if our D plays like that. Wow. I was really impressed with the D. And Tamba's name was called a lot. We did benefit from some stupid drops by the Colts receivers, but all in all we beat the living hell out Manning.

Croyle looks like the real deal.

Pablo
11-18-2007, 05:16 PM
That D didn't have Dwight Freeney. It was a fluke. The Colts are a shell of what they once were and Brodie is a career back-up in the making. - Mecca

Thought I'd say it before he did.

And yes, I agree with you. A healthy ass-pounding of the Raiders is in line for Mr. Croyle next week. His stat line can only get better against a team like the Raiders who gave up 29 pts againt a lackluster Vikings offense without Peterson.

jjchieffan
11-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Croyle looks like the real deal.

You had to say the real deal didnt you. I remember that tag being applied to Greg "the real deal" Hill. We all know how that worked out.:banghead:

Pablo
11-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Croyle looked smart and able, not to mention very calm and collected.

And good lord, I kind of feel sorry for the receiving corps having to catch his bullets after dealing with wobble-turds all season, but they'll adjust.

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm really excited about Croyle...

Can't help it... I like the kid.

Count Alex's Losses
11-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Yep. I really liked the play where he ran away from pressure and fired a bullet for a first down to Gonzalez. Wonderful.

Pablo
11-18-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm really excited about Croyle...

Can't help it... I like the kid.I hear ya. I almost squirted in my pants when he made that throw to Bowe. Just beautiful.

This could be something great in the making.

Bob Dole
11-18-2007, 05:30 PM
We held Indy to their fewest points scored since 12/24/2005.

(And that was when they were resting Manning for the playoffs)

Mr. Arrowhead
11-18-2007, 05:31 PM
I think it was the first drive, brodie fired a bullet to bowe, and he dropped and he had the look, like o yea i got to be ready to catch brodie balls

Pablo
11-18-2007, 05:33 PM
We held Indy to their fewest points scored since 12/24/2005.

(And that was when they were resting Manning for the playoffs)Excellent point. Our D made Manning look average, and that alone is something to be mighty optomistic about.

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 05:35 PM
What do you guys think about the rest of the schedule?
If Croyle looked this composed against Indy on the road, I see good things over the horizon.

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Excellent point. Our D made Manning look average, and that alone is something to be mighty optomistic about.

I thought he looked worse than average.
Our D beat him down.

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 05:37 PM
Excellent point. Our D made Manning look average, and that alone is something to be mighty optomistic about.Herm deserves a ton of shit... but there's no denying how far he's brought this D in a very short time.

KC has a defense we can be proud of once again.

Now, lets work on all the other stuff a bit.

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Our D beat him down.He looked like a battered flustrated Huard.

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 05:50 PM
He looked like a battered flustrated Huard.

He'll be waking up tonight in a cold sweat and yelling, "whose got 69? Somebody get 69!"

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 05:54 PM
He'll be waking up tonight in a cold sweat and yelling, "whose got 69? Somebody get 69!"LMAO :D

Gotta love that #69.

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Boone destroyed whoever was trying to block him today.

That catch by Bowe was truly incredible...that he was able to get his feet down.

Croyle is so damn fun to watch becuase he's ours. We drafted him.

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Boone destroyed whoever was trying to block him today.

That catch by Bowe was truly incredible...that he was able to get his feet down.

Croyle is so damn fun to watch becuase he's ours. We drafted him.There's really something to be said for that...

I've never been able to root for a Chiefs QB who was truely "ours".

Count Alex's Losses
11-18-2007, 05:59 PM
And it should be noted that Hali had a sack today.

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 05:59 PM
There's really something to be said for that...

it's a blast

and even though I lost my mind watching Herm fold in the 4th, we still have Croyle...

Easy 6
11-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Brodie outplayed Manning AND my expectations.

At no point did he look like he was in over his head, even the announcers couldnt help but to comment on it. Speaking of Tasker & that other pud, i didnt think they were EVER going to drop the subject of Bowes TD.

IT WAS A TD...GET OVER IT!!!

the Talking Can
Hali almost had a few sacks, and he caused a fumble...probably his best game

KCJohnny
There's really something to be said for that...

Been a while! I heard the announcers ask how many times in the coming years we'd be hearing the combo of Croyle-to-Bowe in the league.

MadMax
11-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Today, Brodie Croyle went on the road to face the defending super bowl champs and their #3 defense.
His stat line (19-27 for 169, 1 TD and no INT) is impressive considering we have a Pop Warner OC and no running game.

We were tied until :04 remained.

People, that's the toughest game Brodie will play all year long.

Its all gravy after today compared to the huge odds stacked against a young QB in his first start ever. If he looked this sharp against a truly scary team on the road, he should excel against the rest of our schedule that does not include many legitimate winning teams.

With the AFC Worst playing so poorly (we will be no worse off than 1 game out of first tomorrow night), there's a scenario out there that KC can still win the division and play at home in the post season.

If Croyle can play that well with a dumbed down playbook, no running game and nearly beat the world champs in their house for his first ever NFL start, there's much reason to hope for this season and the next 10 years.

KCJ
Blind, deceiver homer
:arrow:

playbook? Playbook? PLAYBOOK? we don't have a playbook! We have a monkey on a freakin hampster wheel

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Been a while! I heard the announcers ask how many times in the coming years we'd be hearing the combo of Croyle-to-Bowe in the league.Me too... gave me a big shit-eatin' grin each time.

MadMax
11-18-2007, 06:03 PM
Brodie outplayed Manning AND my expectations.

At no point did he look like he was in over his head, even the announcers couldnt help but to comment on it. Speaking of Tasker & that other pud, i didnt think they were EVER going to drop the subject of Bowes TD.

IT WAS A TD...GET OVER IT!!!

The guy said he threw it into a shoe box....:)

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 06:05 PM

those announcers were on shrooms...they spent 30 minutes talking about Croyle's forearm, and then went on a Beo-Croyle tangent that was hilarious...

Easy 6
11-18-2007, 06:05 PM

That was a great line, Brodies accuracy surprised me today...i knew he was good...but he can put the ball anywhere he wants to.

MadMax
11-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Our D beat him down.

Allen kicked his ass and stole his lunch money. ;)

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 06:07 PM
playbook? Playbook? PLAYBOOK? we don't have a playbook! We have a monkey on a freakin hampster wheel

:LOL:

R2P2. I wonder what's written on Brodie's wrist card?

Perhaps his checking the play sheet is just a ploy to fool defenses like Manning's phony audibles...:shrug:

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 06:07 PM
those announcers were on shrooms...they spent 30 minutes talking about Croyle's forearm, and then went on a Beo-Croyle tangent that was hilarious...I know.. wtf was that? LMAO

MadMax
11-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Can we agree that Croyle had a good debut? If they let him throw and take the freakin harness off him I think we win the game.Oh well still very happy about our Defense and a few players on O ( Croyle and Bowe in particular ).
Was very refreshing to see OUR young QB out there looking so poised.Solari can go to hell!!!!

Easy 6
11-18-2007, 06:15 PM
:LOL:

R2P2. I wonder what's written on Brodie's wrist card?

Solaris grocery list.

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Can we agree that Croyle had a good debut? If they let him throw and take the freakin harness off him I think we win the game.Oh well still very happy about our Defense and a few players on O ( Croyle and Bowe in particular ).
Was very refreshing to see OUR young QB out there looking so poised.Solari can go to hell!!!!I'm with ya.

(but not in the van... down by the river)

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Was very refreshing to see OUR young QB out there looking so poised.Solari can go to hell!!!!

Considering who and where he was playing, Croyle deserves mucho accolades. It was hist first start in the NFL. My only criticism is that I wish he had spread the ball around more. I'd like to see #88 get more attention. Other than that, the rest of the schedule will be Brodified.

Coach
11-18-2007, 06:19 PM
At least give credit to the defense. They played hard. I'm sure Gonther probably was thinking/obsessed about Peyton in his shower.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Chiefs/Chiefs%20Smack%20or%20Hate/attachment.jpg

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Considering who and where he was playing, Croyle deserves mucho accolades. It was hist first start in the NFL. My only criticism is that I wish he had spread the ball around more. I'd like to see #88 get more attention. Other than that, the rest of the schedule will be Brodified.He's gonna learn that 88 is a security blanket real quick like...

It'll just take a game or 3.

MadMax
11-18-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm with ya.

(but not in the van... down by the river)

ROFL ROFL :evil: Damned serial killers! :shake:

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 06:22 PM
He's gonna learn that 88 is a security blanket real quick like...

It'll just take a game or 3.

I think the Colts were mugging TG all day as well. Hard to tell on TV. Once Brodie discovers the security blanket, we might start seeing some arena ball.

CupidStunt
11-18-2007, 06:24 PM
It's about time Hali showed up. We need him to do that every game.

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 06:26 PM
I think the Colts were mugging TG all day as well. Hard to tell on TV. Once Brodie discovers the security blanket, we might start seeing some arena ball.88 and 82, Brodie... spice things up a bit with the occasional 87, 84, and 18.

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 06:28 PM
88 and 82, Brodie... spice things up a bit with the occasional 87, 84, and 18.

I think there is definite potential for our RBs in the passing game as well. Maybe Solari doesn't know that rule that RBs are eligible in the passing game.

Coach
11-18-2007, 06:31 PM
I think there is definite potential for our RBs in the passing game as well. Maybe Solari doesn't know that rule that RBs are eligible in the passing game.

Oh trust me, they are. They're just obsessed with number 84 catching it from the backfield for whatever reason.

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 06:31 PM
I'd love to see Croyle come out and torch the Raiders next week.

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 06:33 PM
I'd love to see Croyle come out and torch the Raiders next week.

What? Arena league ball?????

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 06:34 PM
What? Arena league ball?????Yeah... let's try a little of that.

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah... let's try a little of that.

11 points last week.... 10 today...

C'mon, Herm!