PDA

View Full Version : Did Tony Gonzalez call out Herm and Solari in postgame comments?

OnTheWarpath58
11-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Was anyone listening to the postgame on KCFX?

There's a thread over on the Coalition board saying that TG was super-pissed and called out the coaching staff in some postgame comments.

Can't seem to get anyone to confirm/deny.

Usually, I would rather see those types of comments be made in the locker room, in private. But if it really did happen, I can't help but applaud Tony. He's only trying to get the shackles taken off of the offense.

Did anyone hear this, and could you tell us what was said?

Or is it all BS?

Deberg_1990
11-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Lets hope. Ive been wanting Tony to explode for awhile now at this coaching staff.

Count Alex's Losses
11-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Tony did this earlier in the season when we decided throwing downfield was a stupid idea. They changed it up, and it worked.

RustShack
11-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Go Tony G! Croyle should call him out too.

Pablo
11-18-2007, 05:22 PM
I hope he did. Tony deserves to speak him mind. JA went off a bit, he was pissed, but seemed to put too much emphasis on the D giving up big plays and them not putting the offense in a position to win.

It's sad when our best defensive player who had a phenomenal game is apologizing. JA should crush Solari under his Caddy and soak all our playbooks in whiskey and light them on fire. He's the right man to do it.

Deberg_1990
11-18-2007, 05:25 PM
Go Tony G! Croyle should call him out too.

Croyle doesnt have enough senority to do it yet.

Tony G being the senior Chief, should be calling these turds out every week until they fix whats wrong.

IMO its his job to stand up and be a leader like that.

Demonpenz
11-18-2007, 05:26 PM
I dunno it sounds like he was just saying if he made a couple more plays they would have won. He didn't they lost get over it

RustShack
JA probably would do that IF he had any whiskey, and if this offense had a playbook.

burt
JA should crush Solari under his Caddy and soak all our playbooks in whiskey and light them on fire. He's the right man to do it.

Would probably result in another DUI.

chop
11-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Tony did make a comment about letting time run out in the first half. He didn't sound angry. He did say that it wasn't something he would have done but he will do whatever they ask him to do.

chop
11-18-2007, 05:32 PM
I thought I heard him say something like he wasn't in it for the moral victory.

blueballs
11-18-2007, 05:35 PM
What part of the interview I caught it didn't sound that way
I thought the question to Croyle about how he walked the line
between the played called and what he did was interesting

blueballs
11-18-2007, 05:36 PM
He looked down when the question was asked
and said he thought he walked the line alright

Ari Chi3fs
11-18-2007, 05:38 PM
I dunno it sounds like he was just saying if he made a couple more plays they would have won. He didnt they lost get over it
Why do even bother putting that lone period of punctuation in there?

Phobia
11-18-2007, 06:17 PM
He was pretty reserved, I'd say but it was clearly a shot across Solari's bow.

Demonpenz
11-18-2007, 06:21 PM

it's wensday

KCinNY
11-18-2007, 06:26 PM
One thing I don't get is why the Chiefs didn't at least attempt to exploit the Colts D for jumping the quick hitch to Bowe.

The play worked well in the 1st half. In the 2nd the Colts corners were jumping it early.

Maybe a pump to Bowe on one side then deep to Kennison or Tony down the seam?

Never even tried it.

NewChief
11-18-2007, 06:33 PM
Did anyone else notice, at the end of the half, as the seconds were ticking off and the Chiefs started walking toward the locker room, JA looked up at the clock, and I swear he mouthed, "That's bullshit," presumably in response to the fact that Herm squandered that last possession?

Oh Snap
11-18-2007, 06:34 PM

Tony G being the senior Chief, should be calling these turds out every week until they fix whats wrong.

I really liked what I saw on the sideline with croyle, it was when the colts were driving what would be, the dagger in our hearts. Croyle had all the offensive players huddled around him. I think leadership comes natural to him.

did anyone notice how bowe went up to herm and was talking to him right after our 3rd and 18 dump off pass to smith (or maybe it was a run)? It looked like Bowe didnt like the play call and was letting herm hear it.

GoHuge
11-18-2007, 06:35 PM
One thing I don't get is why the Chiefs didn't at least attempt to exploit the Colts D for jumping the quick hitch to Bowe.

The play worked well in the 1st half. In the 2nd the Colts corners were jumping it early.

Never even tried it.Herm would say your talking about Arena Football!!! This is the NFL now...come on now...come on.

Reerun_KC
11-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Did anyone else notice, at the end of the half, as the seconds were ticking off and the Chiefs started walking toward the locker room, JA looked up at the clock, and I swear he mouthed, "That's bullshit," presumably in response to the fact that Herm squandered that last possession?

hey but we kept out timeouts.... that is a positive!

Utter Bullshit. 1:30+ on the clock and 3 time outs? And we ****ing run run run....

This coaching staff has a defeatist attitude. They are so scared to win, they will accept losing as the norm....

Herm and his monkeys are bringing a losing attitude into KC... How long will it take to clean this mess up when he finally is fired?

Oh Snap
11-18-2007, 06:41 PM
I think chief nation in general thought that was bullshit. We had 3 timeouts left, with 1:15 still left on the clock. Now, that would have been enough to atleast try and get down in field goal range. Plus you would be seeing how well brodie could handle the two minute offense. Which would have been a win win situation either way. If he would have fallen flat on his face, it could have served as a valuable lesson. To me, because we didnt even make an attempt at trying, that arguably cost us the game.

Oh Snap
11-18-2007, 06:44 PM

Utter Bullshit. 1:30+ on the clock and 3 time outs? And we ****ing run run run....

This coaching staff has a defeatist attitude. They are so scared to win, they will accept losing as the norm....

Herm and his monkeys are bringing a losing attitude into KC... How long will it take to clean this mess up when he finally is fired?
I dont know.. im trying to see where herms coming from..but i just cant. Is it because he doesnt want to offend his good buddy who is opposite sideline to him? Is it because he just doesnt want to overload brodie, this being his first start and all?

Coach
11-18-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm surprised that the defensive players haven't called out Solari or Herm on the offensive management. I mean, if I was a defensive player and when I not only have to play the opposing D, but you are up against your own coaches trying to stop you from winning?

That's bullshit.

CoMoChief
11-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Good, these clowns who call themselves coaches deserved to get blasted by every offensive player on the team, every week.

I applaud TonyG and any type of bashing he does to the coaching staff. They deserve it.

Count Alex's Losses
11-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Is it because he just doesnt want to overload brodie, this being his first start and all?

That's pretty much it.

The Chiefs were protecting Croyle.

MadMax
11-18-2007, 06:59 PM
I dont know.. im trying to see where herms coming from..but i just cant. Is it because he doesnt want to offend his good buddy who is opposite sideline to him? Is it because he just doesnt want to overload brodie, this being his first start and all?

Brodie out performed Herm in EVERY phase of the game.

Oh Snap
11-18-2007, 07:07 PM
That's pretty much it.

The Chiefs were protecting Croyle.
Herm said in a post game qoute, that they will start to employ more passes as croyle develops.

I just think you need to let the guy go out there and do what he does best. He played in the tuff SEC. He is used to pressure, he is use to playing in front of a screaming fan base 98,000 strong. The NFL is not to big for him. I just think Herm is slowing brodies growth. Who knows, maybe herm knows what hes doing...Is this better for brodie in the long run? We'll see....

Pablo
11-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Brodie has a good, confidence boosting game and that's something he can hang his hat on. How many 2nd year QB's are going to be able to say they outplayed Peyton Manning in their first career start? I'm guessing just Brodie.

If the coaches don't open up this offense against the Raiders next week at home then they're missing a golden oppurtunity. The Raiders have a pretty stout passing D, but I think Brodie provides the spark and poise to do very well against them.

Give it until next week until we say the coaches are far too conservative with Brodie's development. It would have been suicide to pass 40+ times against Indy, but they called high percentage passes to get him in rhythm and let him throw downfield a couple times to get it out of his system. Not to mention the numerous 5-15 yarders he chucked out there.

This is Week 1 in the Brodie Croyle era, and I fully suspect by the last couple of weeks in the season, Herm and the entire staff will realize passing with Brodie is the strong point on our offense, and our line isn't good enough to run 30+ times behind.

If they don't realize that in the next couple of weeks or by the end of the season, roast them. They were dealing with Captain Checkdown and his Trusty Wobble-Launcher before, I think any NFL coach is smart enough to realize what Brodie could be, and will give him some good oppurtunites.

DT4everaChief
11-18-2007, 07:18 PM
I hope Tony G did call out the coaching staff becuase someone needs to. They stink and play calling is horrible and even the players know it.

Demonpenz
11-18-2007, 07:21 PM
bla bla bla THROW THE BALL deep bla bla bla Play the rookie QB bla bla bla Run a Sweet play! Nevermind that brodie has a 10 cent head and it's his first start

Chiefnj2
11-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Brodie should have changed the last play in the huddle.

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 07:32 PM

Never even tried it.

no shit...even the retarded announcers thought Solari was setting the CB up for a double move...but Solari is too dumb for that

MadMax
11-18-2007, 07:33 PM
bla bla bla THROW THE BALL deep bla bla bla Play the rookie QB bla bla bla Run a Sweet play! Nevermind that brodie has a 10 cent head and it's his first start

Brodie has a 10 cent head? You are a freaking moron and what the hell makes you so qualified to call everyone else stupid???

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 07:35 PM

that's dumb

MadMax
11-18-2007, 07:35 PM

Jeez dude,excuse anyone that has an opinion that differs from yours... :shake: :rolleyes:

Third Eye
11-18-2007, 07:40 PM
When criticizing someone's punctuation or grammar, it is of the utmost importance to make sure yours is correct.

BigMeatballDave
11-18-2007, 07:41 PM
bla bla bla THROW THE BALL deep bla bla bla Play the rookie QB bla bla bla Run a Sweet play! Nevermind that brodie has a 10 cent head and it's his first startWTF are you even talking about?

Agent V
11-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Well, SOMEBODY has to stop this man:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/chief103182/solariisNuroffenss.png

MadMax
11-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Well, SOMEBODY has to stop this man:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/chief103182/solariisNuroffenss.png

Damn that man looks kinda "special"

Demonpenz
11-18-2007, 08:14 PM
This is why coaches coach and the fans fan.

headsnap
11-18-2007, 08:32 PM
This is why coaches coach and the fans fan.
I guess someone had to take Hootie's place... :shake:

Coach
11-18-2007, 08:34 PM
I guess someone had to take Hootie's place... :shake:

Looks like he's fitting in pretty nicely.

Demonpenz
11-18-2007, 08:43 PM
I would have loved to see the looks on people faces when we turned it over with our rookie QB. Everyone would have been up and arms. OH whAT ARE WE DOING THROWING THE BALL. BRODIE"S AN IDIOT FROM ALABAMA HE DOESN"T KNOW HIS ARM FROM A CARBERATOR! We got this team who just got beat by the broncos at home to play with super bowl champs and one of the best qb's ever, but oh well I know I this place goes. Start by rubbing the balls after the first draw play, start jerkin after a swing pass, then go to double fisting i will use my hands like a paint shaker jerkin off after the torn over.

gta0012
11-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Lets all hope they go into practice this week looking at the tape and go "hmm thats croyle in there not huard....omg maybe we can actually USE the Qb!!!!!"

morphius
11-18-2007, 08:55 PM
I would have loved to see the looks on people faces when we turned it over with our rookie QB. Everyone would have been up and arms. OH whAT ARE WE DOING THROWING THE BALL. BRODIE"S AN IDIOT FROM ALABAMA HE DOESN"T KNOW HIS ARM FROM A CARBERATOR! We got this team who just got beat by the broncos at home to play with super bowl champs and one of the best qb's ever, but oh well I know I this place goes. Start by rubbing the balls after the first draw play, start jerkin after a swing pass, then go to double fisting i will use my hands like a paint shaker jerkin off after the torn over.
Nope, because the alternative was the same as giving up. I think it is part of the reason that the D came out flat in the second half and let Indy march down for an easy TD, the whole, "Are they even trying to win?" had to be going through their head.

beach tribe
11-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Brodie has a good, confidence boosting game and that's something he can hang his hat on. How many 2nd year QB's are going to be able to say they outplayed Peyton Manning in their first career start? I'm guessing just Brodie.

If the coaches don't open up this offense against the Raiders next week at home then they're missing a golden oppurtunity. The Raiders have a pretty stout passing D, but I think Brodie provides the spark and poise to do very well against them.

Give it until next week until we say the coaches are far too conservative with Brodie's development. It would have been suicide to pass 40+ times against Indy, but they called high percentage passes to get him in rhythm and let him throw downfield a couple times to get it out of his system. Not to mention the numerous 5-15 yarders he chucked out there.

This is Week 1 in the Brodie Croyle era, and I fully suspect by the last couple of weeks in the season, Herm and the entire staff will realize passing with Brodie is the strong point on our offense, and our line isn't good enough to run 30+ times behind.

If they don't realize that in the next couple of weeks or by the end of the season, roast them. They were dealing with Captain Checkdown and his Trusty Wobble-Launcher before, I think any NFL coach is smart enough to realize what Brodie could be, and will give him some good oppurtunites.
Hello. They missed a golden oportunity today. Not giving Croyle a chance in the second half, or the long down and distances, is a slap right in the face of every offensive player we have, and will do nothing for Brodie's confidence.
It took until now to realize that Brodie gives us the best chance to win? PssssT.

MadMax
11-18-2007, 09:07 PM

WOW just f'n WOW....You have issues

Lzen
11-18-2007, 09:10 PM

Couldn't have said it any better. I am disgusted with the Chiefs.

Chief Henry
11-18-2007, 09:27 PM

You can't steal 2nd base with one foot on 1st base.
Rerun I agree with you 200%. We had the opprotuinty of a lifetime
and we didn't go for it at all in the 2nd half. We were playing the defending SB champs and were exchanging punts down field !!!! Did Herm
really beleave INDY wasn't going to step up and put more points up.
We had to score and we didn't give Brody enough chance's to use his tools correctly.

PastorMikH
11-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Herm said in a post game qoute, that they will start to employ more passes as croyle develops.

I remember reading all week where Herm said they couldn't put the game on Brodie's shoulders and make him carry the team. But there towards the end of the 3rd when Brodie did take the team on his shoulders and get it done - that was THE best TD drive we have had this season.

I'd say Brodie is ready for a lot more than Herm is ready to give.

gta0012
11-18-2007, 09:44 PM

I think that is what it comes down to. They are play calling to help Croyle. The tape will hopefully show them that they have a special player in Croyle and can open the game up more.

BigRedChief
11-19-2007, 05:56 AM
Was anyone listening to the postgame on KCFX?

There's a thread over on the Coalition board saying that TG was super-pissed and called out the coaching staff in some postgame comments.

Can't seem to get anyone to confirm/deny.

Usually, I would rather see those types of comments be made in the locker room, in private. But if it really did happen, I can't help but applaud Tony. He's only trying to get the shackles taken off of the offense.

Did anyone hear this, and could you tell us what was said?

Or is it all BS?No BS, I saw tape of the comments last night. He basically said that:

He wouldn't have given up at the end of the first half with plenty of time and 3 time outs but he's not the coach, Herm is. He is just a player and has to execute to the best of his ability but that morally he has an issue about not trying to score.

a1na2
11-19-2007, 06:05 AM

I did notice, as did the TV crew, that Croyle had the offense huddled around him between offensive sets. He might not be a tenured player but he is exhibiting a leadership quality that has been missing since Trent Green left. We have no leadership qualities showing in the coaching arena at the moment, someone has to be a leader.

IF TG went off, it was justified. Many of us fans have said from last year that the offense was being limited and causing us to lose games. Yesterday was an excellent example of the HC losing the game due to his offensive incompetence.

a1na2
11-19-2007, 06:08 AM
I remember reading all week where Herm said they couldn't put the game on Brodie's shoulders and make him carry the team. But there towards the end of the 3rd when Brodie did take the team on his shoulders and get it done - that was THE best TD drive we have had this season.

Croyle shows leadership qualities. I almost wish that the QB's still called the plays from the huddle.

BigRedChief
11-19-2007, 06:15 AM
Reporter:
Do you think Brodie Croyle has a chance to be a good quarterback?”

“Yeah,” Gonzalez said through gritted teeth. “If they give him that chance.”

Pushead2
11-19-2007, 06:25 AM
How do we get Weiss from ND as the Chiefs OC? Can we brain storm here for a minute?

BigRedChief
11-19-2007, 11:57 AM
From Teicher's KC Star article:
The Chiefs ran out more than a minute at the end of the first half rather than try for points, and called a draw play on third down before giving the ball back to Manning one last time.

“To me, that’s ridiculous,” Gonzalez said. “Do I agree with it? No. Do I have to go along with it? Yeah. I’m a player on this team, and if that’s what (coach Herm Edwards) wants to do and (offensive coordinator) Mike Solari wants to do, then so be it. It doesn’t mean I have to agree with it. I wish we would have at least given it a try.

“We’re in here playing the Super Bowl champs. As far as I’m concerned, you’ve got to take it to them when you have the opportunity.”

Oh Snap
11-19-2007, 12:02 PM

I agree with you 100%.

I think this game isnt to big for brodie. The guy just doesnt get flustered. Herm was even saying how amazingly calm croyle is. Thats usually very rare for a rookie QB. that shows leadership. Croyle is wise beyond his years. Herm needs to understand that croyle is the type of QB that can go in there, make the shoe box throws, all the while staying calm. This game isnt not to big for him. He is used to playing in big games. Bamas stadium holds some 98,000 ppl. Im sure its 100 times louder there than it was at indy sunday. I just think, like you said, brodie is ready for more than herm is willing to give him credit for.