PDA

View Full Version : What's worse?

DaKCMan AP
11-18-2007, 08:39 PM
A coach that encourages late hits, cut blocking, etc. or a coach that breaks NFL rules and blatantly cheats, even after being warned by the NFL?

LiL stumppy
11-18-2007, 08:40 PM
What coaches are you talking about??

DaKCMan AP
11-18-2007, 08:41 PM
What coaches are you talking about??

I guess the 2nd would be Belicheck, but the 1st is no coach in particular.

Smed1065
11-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Sounds like you are describing the donkeys mission statement.

Maybe its just me?

DaKCMan AP
11-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Sounds like you are describing the :Broncos: mission statement.

Maybe its just me?

LMAO Yeah, but wasn't trying to describe Shanarat.

Hypothetical situation: A team is down 35-0 against the Pats in the 2nd quarter. It's 4th and 2 from the 10yd line and the Pats are going for it on 4th down for the 3rd time in the game. The coach directs a player to take a cheap shot late hit on Brady that knocks him out for the game and the season.

At the postgame press conference the coach says "They wanted us to stop them. We did. Next question." Is this worse than cheating?

Another situation: A team takes a cheap shot on Brady in the 1st quarter which knocks him out of the game. The team goes on to beat the Brady-less Pats. The coach acknowledges the late hit as part of the team's gameplan to defeat the Pats. "We play to win. Anything that will help us win the game, we'll do." Says the coach. Is this worse than cheating?

Short Leash Hootie
11-18-2007, 08:58 PM
LMAO Yeah, but wasn't trying to describe Shanarat.

Hypothetical situation: A team is down 35-0 against the Pats in the 2nd quarter. It's 4th and 2 from the 10yd line and the Pats are going for it on 4th down for the 3rd time in the game. The coach directs a player to take a cheap shot late hit on Brady that knocks him out for the game and the season.

At the postgame press conference the coach says "They wanted us to stop them. We did. Next question." Is this worse than cheating?

Another situation: A team takes a cheap shot on Brady in the 1st quarter which knocks him out of the game. The team goes on to beat the Brady-less Pats. The coach acknowledges the late hit as part of the team's gameplan to defeat the Pats. "We play to win. Anything that will help us win the game, we'll do." Says the coach. Is this worse than cheating?
Yes.

CoMoChief
11-18-2007, 09:01 PM
When has he cheated after they found out about the camera thing?

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 09:04 PM
When has he cheated after they found out about the camera thing?When has he cheated since the last time they caught him? LMAO

Count Zarth
11-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Turnabout is fair play.

smittysbar
11-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Well in this case you could mean a players whole career, so yes it would be BAD

DJ's left nut
11-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Cheating is worse.

Football is all about grown men running into each other. The crap that goes on that we don't see would likely make our heads explode. The line between dirty and 'hard' play is so vague at this point that I'm unwilling to draw a distinction.

For instance, your hypothetical about the coach saying "they wanted us to stop him, we did" would end up being one of my favorite moments in sports...and I'm rooting for the Pats to go undefeated.

I guess if you have a coach that directs players to take blatant cheap shots, then that's probably worse, but you're pushing it to an extreme that we don't really see. Even Buddy Ryan wasn't telling his guys to go blowing out knees after the whistle, and he's probably the biggest douche in NFL history.

If your question deals more with practical realities (i.e. cheaters v. coaches that don't exactly discourage roughing someone up), I'm gonna say that the cheaters are worse.

Mecca
11-18-2007, 09:37 PM
I think being dirty is worse......injuring guys, risking careers, to me is much worse.

Spott
11-18-2007, 09:37 PM
What's worse is crying about "cheating" when the simple fact is that your team isn't good enough to stop a team from scoring at will on you.

smittysbar
11-18-2007, 09:40 PM
What's worse is crying about "cheating" when the simple fact is that your team isn't good enough to stop a team from scoring at will on you.

Okay...not following you....they DID get caught cheating, and will lose one 1st round pick in the upcoming draft.

blueballs
11-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Herm didn't replace Cockpuncher
now you're all upset

StcChief
11-18-2007, 09:46 PM
dirty cut blocks blatent late hits,

the "stealing plays" cheat is BS. how many variations on football plays can you not smell out.?

Buehler445
11-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Playing dirty is so much worse. Not even close. If you blow out someone's knee or Gaether someone is terrible. If you break rules, another team loses a game. If you cheap shot someone, the other player loses a season, or a career, or a life.

I absolutely hate it when any player goes down. I don't even want to see those dirty ****ing Donkos go down.

Cheap shots are definitely worse.