PDA

View Full Version : Brackenridge?

Smed1065
11-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Since we are rebuilding, did anyone else notice that Brackenridge seemed to get his name announced a lot today?

I was watching on a stream so maybe it was just me but I thought his name was mentioned several times today. He is a rookie and seems to have good games for a rookie with limited roles.

We need a good CB replacement and think he could be an option. I have not noticed any mention of him on the threads today so I want some input from other fans who saw the game on a TV.
My concern is his height but he seems to have a want and will, even though in just certain games. Seems to have the ability depending on development. IMO.

His family also seems to have an athletic gene.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/tyron_brackenridge/

Give me your input.

Thanks.

Count Alex's Losses
11-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Brack ****ed up someone today. I forget what play but it made me jump out of my chair and yell "BRACK!!!!"

Thig Lyfe
11-18-2007, 10:46 PM
I certainly think that if you can develop a quality player on your own, it's better than trading or reaching for an FA (which is what we did to get Surtain and Law, each past their respective prime). If Brackenridge continues to perform well, he ought to get a shot.

pr_capone
I would love to see Brackenridge at Nickle.... though Sapp has not been playing bad at all.

Law is on borrowed time and Surtain is not far off.... would love to see Brackenridge develop into a starter.

smittysbar
He has looked pretty good thus far. As he gets experience I think he could be a very good player. I don't know if he will be a answer to our upcoming CB issues.

Thig Lyfe
Brack ****ed up someone today. I forget what play but it made me jump out of my chair and yell "BRACK!!!!"

You would.

blueballs
11-18-2007, 10:51 PM
I must eat crow on Sapp
he's not that bad
no more blitzing

SBK
11-18-2007, 11:40 PM
Sometimes I wonder if this is the last year we'll see Law and Surtain here.

Smed1065
11-18-2007, 11:49 PM
I believe and based on this years play, Law will be gone. My last straw would with herm would be a favorite choice versus results choice or younger chance. I gave law the benefit of the doubt and was psyched based on his weight lose and thought he was wanting to make a statement. I guess at some point age takes over versus ability and injuries.

I would give Surtain 1 more year depending on the salary and needing more improvement on O than D. I always hear that cover 2 does not need great CB's as well but that depends on the $$ for Surtain next year.

KCinNY
11-18-2007, 11:51 PM
You don't need 1st round, shutdown corners in Herm's type of defense.

Smart, physical and good tacklers.

Smed1065
11-18-2007, 11:53 PM
I agree, you need some top round OL players though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Law has not been success, he should be execute.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2007/0701/borat_lebanon0109.jpg

Send his ass to the gulags this year, and Surtain the next.

RustShack
11-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Brack is another player I've been talking about since before training camp!

Kraus
11-19-2007, 12:19 AM
Wasn't he the one that had a great special teams tackle today? Got off the block and hit the guy before he got to the 20.

Smed1065
11-19-2007, 01:45 AM
I was not counting but think I heard his name mentioned 4 times including that tackle.

Bump
11-19-2007, 02:22 AM
I certainly think that if you can develop a quality player on your own, it's better than trading or reaching for an FA (which is what we did to get Surtain and Law, each past their respective prime). If Brackenridge continues to perform well, he ought to get a shot.

we struck out with Eric Warfield on that one.

Warrior5
11-19-2007, 05:06 AM

http://www.unc.edu/~fiser/Space_Ghost/images/brak.gif

ILChief
11-19-2007, 08:09 AM
I like him. He is a find as an undrafted FA. ALMOST makes up for the Medlock fiasco.

Mr. Laz
11-19-2007, 10:26 AM
several times in yesterday's game Benny Sapp was in for Ty Law

with as soft as Law and Surtain cover there isn't any real reason to continue to spend that much money on them.

i imagine this is law's last year .... Surtain has 1 more year as a Chief.

boogblaster
11-19-2007, 10:32 AM
If Law would take Brack "under his wing" and develop him, we'd have a damn good young corner-back... But thats just me thinkin' .....

Micjones
11-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Brackenridge will become an eventual starter at CB I believe.
Here's hoping that Patterson or Barksdale locks up the other spot when Surtain is done.

Bob Dole
11-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Wasn't he the one that had a great special teams tackle today? Got off the block and hit the guy before he got to the 20.

He didn't "get off" the block, he blew through it and took the guy down like some sort of maniac.

Bob Dole liked it.

HemiEd
11-19-2007, 11:16 AM
I would love to see Brackenridge at Nickle.... though Sapp has not been playing bad at all.

Law is on borrowed time and Surtain is not far off.... would love to see Brackenridge develop into a starter.

Sapp made some good plays yesterday, but I think Sammie Parker may have influenced him somewhat.

penguinz
11-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Sapp made some good plays yesterday, but I think Sammie Parker may have influenced him somewhat.His best play was the illegal contact. what a friggin dumbass.

KCinNY
11-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Law needs to go. His whiff against Addai on the last drive was downright embarrassing.