PDA

View Full Version : "Bullet-Brodie"

boogblaster
11-18-2007, 11:24 PM
After watching todays game.. makes you wonder if Brodie had 10 games under his belt how good would he be ....

Short Leash Hootie
11-18-2007, 11:29 PM
I think he has a ton of potential but I don't think he did anything out of the norm today...he managed a ridiculously conservative gameplan pretty much error free...he missed a wide open Bowe on 3rd down and he was pretty careless in the pocket when he fumbled the ball..I know Terry is awful but you'd think he would be able to sense two guys were going to kill him...he was oblivious to both guys...watch Tom Brady or Peyton Manning (and I am not trying to compare Croyle to these great QB's) and they always know when they are about to get hit...didn't QUITE see that with Brodie today.

wazu
11-18-2007, 11:38 PM
No point in dwelling on that. The Chiefs opened the season against a murderous run of defenses. If Brodie had played the first 9 weeks behind that horrendous o-line people would have been calling for his head instead of demanding that he start.

Now he gets to be the "nothing-to-lose" conquering hero for the rest of the season. I'm excited to see what he can do.

Short Leash Hootie
11-18-2007, 11:40 PM
No point in dwelling on that. The Chiefs opened the season against a murderous run of defenses. If Brodie had played the first 9 weeks behind that horrendous o-line people would have been calling for his head instead of demanding that he start.

Now he gets to be the "nothing-to-lose" conquering hero for the rest of the season. I'm excited to see what he can do.
I'd rep this post but it wouldn't do you much good...

Damon helped Brodie more than anyone will ever know...

Had we started the season with Brodie at the helm and started 4-6, everyone and their mothers would be calling for Damon referencing his 99 QB rating last year...

Chiefs fans saw some abysmal offense being played with Damon at the helm...so now Brodie can pretty much shit all over himself and fans still won't boo him like they did Damon a few weeks ago in Denver.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-18-2007, 11:42 PM
http://www.dvdtown.com/images/displayimage.php?id=4871

L.A. Chieffan
11-18-2007, 11:43 PM
A JELLY DOUGHNUT?!?

HOOTIEPOSTINGINTHELOUNGEAGAIN!?!

Short Leash Hootie
11-18-2007, 11:44 PM
A JELLY DOUGHNUT?!?

HOOTIEPOSTINGINTHELOUNGEAGAIN!?!
Yeah, I came to the conclusion today when I was pissed after the Chiefs lost that I don't give a f*ck what anyone thinks about me on this board and I'm going to post whenever I want to...

Smed1065
11-18-2007, 11:47 PM
I think he has a ton of potential but I don't think he did anything out of the norm today...he managed a ridiculously conservative gameplan pretty much error free...he missed a wide open Bowe on 3rd down and he was pretty careless in the pocket when he fumbled the ball..I know Terry is awful but you'd think he would be able to sense two guys were going to kill him...he was oblivious to both guys...watch Tom Brady or Peyton Manning (and I am not trying to compare Croyle to these great QB's) and they always know when they are about to get hit...didn't QUITE see that with Brodie today.

Manning was great his first year, even his first game....right.

Seems the 2 you mentioned have the same experience as Huard and have rings starting in the NFL. Not a bench warmer.
WTF?

Yes the NFL is the same as college. 2 of 27 is bad for an NFL start?

He should have been like Huard considering his first start versus how many for Huard, so he should have curled up limp like him?

Stupid is as stupid states.

Short Leash Hootie
11-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Manning was great his first year, even his first game....right.

Seems the 2 you mentioned have the same experience as Huard and have rings starting in the NFL. Not a bench warmer.
WTF?

Yes the NFL is the same as college. 2 of 27 is bad for an NFL start?

He should have been like Huard considering his first start versus how many for Huard, so he should have curled up limp like him?

Stupid is as stupid states.
I liked what I saw in Croyle...I'm not trying to say Huard is anywhere close to Croyle in ability...

I'm saying a good percentage of this board could've executed the gameplan we had offensively today...

Make sense? Or should I dumb it down for you a little bit?

smittysbar
11-19-2007, 12:02 AM

I thought quite the opposite. I liked his pocket presence except for a couple plays. He avoided alot of pressure that would have been sacks had it been Huard. Several dropped passes didn't help. But all in all I was impressed what I saw.

Extra Point
11-19-2007, 12:08 AM
After watching todays game.. makes you wonder if Brodie had 10 games under his belt how good would he be ....
"If and buts and Grandma's nuts." He wouldn't be where he was today, without the preparation, although it's suffice to say that Dick Curl has him on too short a leash.

Never mind what Solari is trying to cook up. Harm and Dick are warming up the bus to crush Solari's skull.

jjjayb
11-19-2007, 12:21 AM
I liked what I saw in Croyle...I'm not trying to say Huard is anywhere close to Croyle in ability...

I'm saying a good percentage of this board could've executed the gameplan we had offensively today...

Will you just go back to oblivion already. Nothing quite like seeing the village idiot offer to "dumb it down". The only one needing anything dumbed down here is you. I liked it alot better when you went off and cried in your corner. Go back please.

Smed1065
11-19-2007, 12:42 AM

Maybe you should dumb it down for Huard. You said he could have won today. I do not see that because it was dumbed down to his level from 9 games so far and i saw the results against Houston. Etc..

I saw the same game plan today with a first game NFL starter versus the man "Huard" with a ring (bench) and over 10 years of experience.

Should I make it idiotic for you?

Suck that attitude off like your post of him this year.

Accept you were wrong again in the same year...OMG

Welcome to life and expect more with your attitude.

Signed
Real life.

BigRedChief
11-19-2007, 05:55 AM
Comeon now Hottie you can see the potential in Brodie. He has the arm to put the ball in places other NFL QB's just can't do. He's 24 not 34 like your favorite ex-NFL starting QB. He's not there yet. He's going to make mistakes. Manning threw 26 interceptions his first year.

Do you think Croyle is a bust already?

morphius
11-19-2007, 07:38 AM
Comeon now Hottie you can see the potential in Brodie. He has the arm to put the ball in places other NFL QB's just can't do. He's 24 not 34 like your favorite ex-NFL starting QB. He's not there yet. He's going to make mistakes. Manning threw 26 interceptions his first year.

Do you think Croyle is a bust already?
LOL! He does play for the Chiefs so it is a safe bet that he is a bust.

I think I'm going to go sob in the corner for a bit.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-19-2007, 07:42 AM
What pisses me off is not the 4-6 record, but the fact that we could've been 4-6 with Brodie. We wasted a lot of games he could've been learning if he would've gotten them under his belt. Damn this organization is a joke.

morphius
11-19-2007, 07:43 AM
What pisses me off is not the 4-6 record, but the fact that we could've been 4-6 with Brodie. We wasted a lot of games he could've been learning if he would've gotten them under his belt. Damn this organization is a joke.
Hey, I think we may be the first team ever to award the starting QB job to a player because he was injured and couldn't embarrass himself anymore in preseason.

thehead
11-19-2007, 07:55 AM

Dude the ball got slapped out of his hand ,get over your Horrid love affair. Mnning sucked balls for at least two years little Manning still sucks & favre got traded to another team

penguinz
11-19-2007, 08:06 AM
careless in the pocket when he fumbled the ball..I seem to remember the color announcer saying he was holding the ball right where he should have had it in that situation. Manning's fumble was much more careless. He just happened to recover it and not the opponent.

boogblaster
11-19-2007, 09:25 AM
All in all Brodie has a damn strong arm, he's reading Ds better, I think he would be real good if he'd started the season ....

the Talking Can
11-19-2007, 09:27 AM

yes, yes it is

the Talking Can
11-19-2007, 09:30 AM
why do we still have to listen to a cock smoker like hootie cry for a piece of shit qb like Huard?

Huard was terrible. The stats are proof.

people who are wrong about everything should have the sense to shut up eventually...at least be embarrassed for being so stupid...christ...

Coogs
11-19-2007, 10:18 AM
and he was pretty careless in the pocket when he fumbled the ball..I know Terry is awful but you'd think he would be able to sense two guys were going to kill him...he was oblivious to both guys...watch Tom Brady or Peyton Manning (and I am not trying to compare Croyle to these great QB's) and they always know when they are about to get hit...didn't QUITE see that with Brodie today.

Then how do you explain Mannings fumble at midfield on the Colts last drive? Only difference was, the ball bounced right back to Manning. We get that fumble instead of the Colts, and who knows.

Croyle was damn good for his first full game. Misse dthe one throw you pointed out here, but that is about it. And remember this. If Croyle does not make it as our QB, Huard is not going to be the starter next year. Most likely it will be Pennington. Good news is, after one game as a starter, it looks like Croyle just might have what it takes.

beach tribe
11-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Hootie I wasn't going to CPiggy you, but to say Croyle was careless with the ball, when he was holding it with two hands, in his chest, when it was double hand bashed out of his hands, is just another addition in the long line of your bullshit statements that I will no longer subject myselt to.
Goodbye.