PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to get the youngsters more playing time?

el borracho
11-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Without completely conceding the games I think it might be time to get some of the youngsters more involved and sit some of the guys we know won't be here next year. I would dig it if we cut Drummond and brought our 7th round TE up to the active roster. No real reason to keep playing Dunn- he isn't going to be here next year. Who else should get more playing time in the next 6 weeks?

Short Leash Hootie
11-19-2007, 12:31 AM
No Dunn = Brodie RIP

el borracho
11-19-2007, 12:41 AM
No Dunn = Brodie RIP
I don't believe that; Michael Allan is almost the exact same size as Jason Dunn. Besides, there are things that can be done to reduce pressure on our young QB (shotgun formation, rolling pocket, quick routes, etc.)

ChiefsCountry
11-19-2007, 12:54 AM
Did you watch the game at all? All of the young guys we got sans Herb Taylor is playing right now.

Zouk
11-19-2007, 12:34 PM
No Dunn = Brodie RIP

Dunn has been getting demolished all year. But there's no one on hand to replace him, as Allan needs a full year in the weight room to even have a chance.

Micjones
11-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Niswanger, Smith, and Brackenridge got time in yesterday.

I'd like to see more of the young guys logging game experience.

Allan, Patterson, Barksdale, Sippio, Webb, Taylor, Tyler, McBride...

suds79
11-19-2007, 12:37 PM
I don't believe that; Michael Allan is almost the exact same size as Jason Dunn. Besides, there are things that can be done to reduce pressure on our young QB (shotgun formation, rolling pocket, quick routes, etc.)

So you're suggesting that the rookie Michael Allan can block just as well as Jason Dunn? Gotta disagree there.

While I'm interested in seeing more & more of younger players, seeing the backup TE really isn't much of a concern of mine.