PDA

View Full Version : Jason Garrett Dallas Cowboys OC

Reerun_KC
11-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Do you guys think he could be a solid up and coming coaching canidate?

Seems to have Dallas going in the right direction.

Thoughts?

Pushead2
11-19-2007, 02:10 PM
don't matter to us, he won't be coming to KC :(

penguinz
11-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Would be a great coach. Doubtful he ends up here. :(

Deberg_1990
11-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Hes Jerry Jones's "Boy"

Hes being groomed to take over after Wade. But im not sure they could stop him from leaving if another team throws a HC offer his way? Usually teams dont stop promotions.

Either way, hes not coming here, he has no connection with Herm.

Reerun_KC
11-19-2007, 02:41 PM
How exciting would it be if the Chiefs actually hired someone like this....

this place would explode!

Brock
11-19-2007, 02:56 PM
wake the **** up.

banyon
11-19-2007, 02:58 PM
I think Sean Payton deserves more credit for this Dallas O, but Garrett may have learned some from him. I want to see more though.

the Talking Can
11-19-2007, 02:59 PM
he's being groomed by Dallas...

chagrin
11-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Would be a great coach. Doubtful he ends up here. :(

Serious question - Why do you think he will be "great"?

chagrin
11-19-2007, 03:00 PM
I think Sean Payton deserves more credit for this Dallas O, but Garrett may have learned some from him. I want to see more though.

I'd say TO, Jason Witten, Crayton and Tony Romo deserve more credit; I mean yes, a good OC makes a difference, lord knows we could use an upgrade; but to name him a great HC, meaning he commands respect of the locker room, etc...I just don't see that happening right now, or next year.

banyon
11-19-2007, 03:02 PM
I'd say TO, Jason Witten, Crayton and Tony Romo deserve more credit; I mean yes, a good OC makes a difference, lord knows we could use an upgrade; but to name him a great HC, meaning he commands respect of the locker room, etc...I just don't see that happening right now, or next year.

Absolutely, them too.

But imagine if those guys all came to KC and played for HermSolari. We'd probably up our ppg average from 15 to 17. :(

Hoover
11-19-2007, 03:03 PM
I know some people want Norm as OC, but I wouldn't mind Brad Childress as OC next year.

Brock
11-19-2007, 03:06 PM
You're going to get Mike Solari.

banyon
11-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Absolutely, them too.

But imagine if those guys all came to KC and played for HermSolari. We'd probably up our ppg average from 15 to 17. :(

It'd be "Pound it With Julius Jones and let's keep em' close!"

chagrin
11-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Absolutely, them too.

Well yeah, while I do not appreciate Solari like some others may, and I also appreciate the way the Defense is getting betteing, it's still at the cost of the Offense; I mean for the second year straight, we held the Colts to a number under 14 and couldn't score more than 10 points, last year being 7 or whatever. Having said that, I don't think Jason Garret is the answer at Head Coach.
I love this place because of the other Chiefs fans we have here, but there's way too many guys who post about hiring every guy that gets slobbered on by John Madden or gets any pub whatsoever. We can't just throw every body on the waiver wire at the problem, nor can we hire every young guy who can call good plays for great players.

I seriously believe we need a new HC, a guy who can balance the team out. I can only think of Bill Cowher, off the top of my head, as an idea and I won't claim to have the answer. However I know who I don't want, and JG could be the OC, maybe groom him for later but don't just make him an OC.

Eh, 4-6 ain't that bad but it's still going to be a mediocre final record this year. The Offense needs tools - I saw Chester Taylor run for 200 yards and 3 TD's, guess why? Yeah he has a TOP LT in front of him; he's no Top RB either.

Get the proper tools together, then give us a OC or HC who can handle it; Herm and Solari ain't it - I am not saying calling for Herm's firing just yet but Solari has GOT to go, and soon; seriously, send him back to College to get experience calling plays.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Why would we get Jason Garrett?

He's not part of the Rat Pack.

Obviously Carl is playing the part of Frank. Dick was Dean, Gunther was Jerry, Herm is Sammy and Marty was Joey.

Anyone Carl brings in is going to be a part of his circle, no ifs, ands or butts.

penguinz
11-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Serious question - Why do you think he will be "great"?
I meant great option for a coach. ;)

kcgizmo
11-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Why do teams have head coaches, every time you here about a guy he is either an OC or a DC. Why not just split the pay between the two and let them manage there side of the ball. It seems to me they get all the credit when things are going good and when things are going bad. I really think that is were the money should go. I do understand you need someone to make those final calls but why not try somthing a little differant and see what happens.

TEX
11-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Do you guys think he could be a solid up and coming coaching canidate?

Seems to have Dallas going in the right direction.

Thoughts?

He won't leave Dallas. He was hired by Jerry Jones before Wade. He'll wait it out and become Dallas' next HC. .

stlchiefs
11-19-2007, 06:07 PM
He won't leave Dallas. He was hired by Jimmy Jones before Wade. He'll wait it out and become Dallas' next HC. .

You sure he wasn't hired by Jerry Johnson?

Tex is right though, rumor was that if Jerry didn't get who he wanted for Head Coach, the job would've been given to Garrett.

TEX
11-19-2007, 06:35 PM
You sure he wasn't hired by Jerry Johnson?

Tex is right though, rumor was that if Jerry didn't get who he wanted for Head Coach, the job would've been given to Garrett.

That's it! I'm a dumbass! I'll go back and fix it. You know what I meant though...