PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou Roll Call - Who's Going to the Game?

Frazod
11-19-2007, 02:43 PM
I'll keep a running tally of who'll be there in the thread topic. Perhaps we can pick an area to meet/tailgate.

afchiefs
beer bacon
bowener
Cochise
CoMoChief
DMAC
duncan_idaho
frazod
gblowfish
joey
KChiefs1
KcMizzou
Nzoner
rageeumr
smittysbar
Third Eye
WilliamTheIrish (honorary Mizzou fan for a day) :)

DISCLAIMER: I'm not trying to stir any shit here, but it might be better if we kept things segregated, hence the "Mizzou" aspect of this thread. Depending on who shows, there is some serious animosity on this BB that, fueled by booze, could end badly. IMO, the prudent thing to do would be not put ourselves in that situation.

Reerun_KC
11-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Not I, but have a great time and enjoy this once in a lifetime moment...

DMAC
11-19-2007, 02:47 PM
I'll be there.

morphius
11-19-2007, 02:50 PM
If fraz hates KU as much as he hates refrigerators I would be scared.

teedubya
11-19-2007, 02:50 PM
ROFL. for goodness sakes, its a ****ing football game. People are talking about violence and fights... funny.

Some people need perspective, seriously.

afchiefs
11-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Me and probably the wife and about 6 other couples from work. The company taking us is renting a 30' RV for tailgating and getting everyone sweatshirts of their team. The wife of the guy taking us is a student at KU. I hope she has thick skin. Should be GREAT.

Demonpenz
11-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Finally kansas city can have a soccer style riots we keep seeing on the internet

DMAC
11-19-2007, 02:54 PM
for goodness sakes LOL Go back to Pansyland, Grandma.

HemiEd
11-19-2007, 03:55 PM
ROFL Seriously? Things could get out of hand?

rageeumr
11-19-2007, 04:02 PM
I lucked into some tickets today, but I have to take a client and a co-worker who are KU fans. I'm pretty sure I can take them, though, if things get nasty :)

Frazod
11-19-2007, 04:05 PM
ROFL Seriously? Things could get out of hand?

Between people like who have met and already know each other? Highly unlikely. I'd say between BB members generally it's probably unlikely. But you never know.

But this isn't like a Chiefs game where enemy fans will mind their Ps and Qs because they're outnumbered 100 to 1. Numbers will be fairly even, and I'd say the stakes have caused the "enemy" factor to eclipse typical Broncos/Raiders status by a pretty vast margin.

HemiEd
11-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Between people like who have met and already know each other? Highly unlikely. I'd say between BB members generally it's probably unlikely. But you never know.

But this isn't like a Chiefs game where enemy fans will mind their Ps and Qs because they're outnumbered 100 to 1. Numbers will be fairly even, and I'd say the stakes have caused the "enemy" factor to eclipse typical Broncos/Raiders status by a pretty vast margin.

I am surprised, hadn't thought about it. But the more I do, you make a good point, some might get a snoot full and get ugly. It makes sense that they may take it pretty serious and lose control.
I am glad I am going to be watching it in the wholesome community of Wichita.

StcChief
11-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Will be pulling for MU from here....

Eleazar
11-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Another factor is that the crowd here is in large part still the college age crowd... people who are going to get absolutely canned, consider themselves invincible, and who don't mind throwing punches at people for no greater sin than being a fan of their home team, or at least mind it a lot less than those of us who are late 20s and above now.

I mean, would it really be shocking for there to be a huge brawl in one of the sections? Or for several people to get hospitalized because of brawls in the parking lot? It's a bitter rivalry, and this is probably the most important meeting of those teams ever, and people have all day to drink to it.

I expect the lots to be littered with broken glass, blood, and bits of abercrombie sweaters by the time it's over.

Somebody I know has a ticket for me, I may not be able to go, but I can't remember being worried about the place being out of control before. Maybe it won't be, but it's possible, you know?

Hootie
11-19-2007, 04:12 PM
my two friends and I will be there =)

Spott
11-19-2007, 04:25 PM
The thought about people fighting sounds pretty silly, but a couple of years ago they had a student from UF killed right after the Florida/Georgia game here in Jacksonville. 4 or 5 college age guys beat the UF student to death after the game when they got into some kind of altercation. Luckily it was caught on a surveillance camera, but when you see all the animosity on this board and you mix it with lots of alcohol, it's not too hard to imagine seeing a lot of fights at the game.

bowener
11-19-2007, 04:28 PM
i'll be there, but im a n00b so nobody cares.

Hootie
11-19-2007, 04:31 PM
I am so stoked! I'm not a fan of really either team or college football, but I was coming down for the Chiefs/Raiders game and my dad got my friends and I tickets for the Jayhawks/Tigers game and you can't pass up a tailgate at Arrowhead followed by a game featuring the #2 and #3 teams in the nation!

I'm more excited for this game than the Chiefs game, sadly =(

Nzoner
11-19-2007, 04:39 PM
I'll keep a running tally of who'll be there in the thread topic. Perhaps we can pick an area to meet/tailgate.

afchiefs
DMAC
frazod
Nzoner

I hope it was okay to fix that post,I am still going,right?

Third Eye
11-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Just found out that I will be there. Go MU.

Frazod
11-19-2007, 04:59 PM

You count as long as you're not a beaker. Welcome aboard. :thumb:

Frazod
11-19-2007, 05:00 PM
I hope it was okay to fix that post,I am still going,right?

You are indeed.

Brock
11-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Anyone who would swing over a football game seriously needs help. That's called going "raiderfan".

duncan_idaho
11-19-2007, 05:07 PM
I will be there for Game Day.

I will be there for the game.

I will be there for the celebration afterwards.

I will be there for the Big 12 Championship game.

And I'll be there for the national title game, too.

(Hey, it's Monday. I'm about to look at things best-case).

Spott
11-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Anyone who would swing over a football game seriously needs help. That's called going "raiderfan".

I'd say that's just typical drunk fan. Raider fans use knives and guns instead of fists.

Spott
11-19-2007, 05:08 PM
You are indeed.

I will be over a thousand miles away from the stadium so you won't have to worry about any jinxes on my part.

:)

jjchieffan
11-19-2007, 05:13 PM

Welcome to the planet! Sure we care. Especially since your profile says you work in MU ticket sales. You can get a lot of friends quick here. ROFL

Frazod
11-19-2007, 07:04 PM
I will be there for Game Day.

I will be there for the game.

I will be there for the celebration afterwards.

I will be there for the Big 12 Championship game.

And I'll be there for the national title game, too.

(Hey, it's Monday. I'm about to look at things best-case).

Cool. Look forward to meeting you. :thumb:

WilliamTheIrish
11-19-2007, 07:12 PM
I have tix. Not a Mizzou fan though. Not a KU fan either. Can I stop by?

Deberg_1990
11-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Can I stop by?

Only if you bring some serious animosity fueled by booze.

Frazod
11-19-2007, 07:14 PM
I have tix. Not a Mizzou fan though. Not a KU fan either. Can I stop by?

You must first profess your enduring hatred for the beakers. :titus:

Just kidding. Stop on by. :D

CoMoChief
11-19-2007, 07:19 PM
I will be there.....drunk n happy.

Frazod
11-19-2007, 07:26 PM

I think any "swinging" would stem from some obnoxious asshole shooting his mouth off to the wrong pissed off drunk. The football game would merely bring the asshole and drunk together in the same place.

bowener
11-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Welcome to the planet! Sure we care. Especially since your profile says you work in MU ticket sales. You can get a lot of friends quick here. ROFL

Im just a lowly student worker, but it has its perks... got me 6 tix for $10 each...upper student section of course, but I dont belong anywhere else, especially after the amount of alcohol I will consume. Look for a giant mangino head eating a turkey on gameday.... that'll be me and my sign.

Eleazar
11-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Anyway, I might be there but I would have an alternate tailgate obligation if so.

Besides, fraz said I wasn't allowed to go because we lost the last KU game I went to. :bang: and all that, remember? :Poke:

smittysbar
11-19-2007, 08:16 PM
I will be there Fraz, as of now. I will be taking the Beer Pong table and a PA system. Will have Satellite and TV set up. So if anyone wants to come and tailgate then watch in the parking lot, it is cool. Not sure how many people I have rounded up to go, but it ought to be fun. Probably about 15 or more. If we all want to meet up before so we can get parked close that would be cool. Let me know what the plan is.

ChiefsCountry
11-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Man I wish I would have bought these tickets when I first crack at them through being a Chiefs season ticket holder. Thought I could get them later, never expected this.

Frazod
11-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Marking you both down.

And Cochise, if we lose, make sure you're somewhere I can find you afterwards...... :evil:

KcMizzou
11-19-2007, 08:26 PM
I'll be there with a couple buddies from work.

Eleazar
11-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Marking you both down.

And Cochise, if we lose, make sure you're somewhere I can find you afterwards...... :evil:

They have signs saying weapons are prohibited.. just so you know :(

I wouldn't worry about the beakers showing up either, I hear there's a wine-tasting over in Leawood that is going to keep a lot of them away until gametime :D

Frazod
11-19-2007, 08:30 PM
They have signs saying weapons are prohibited.. just so you know :(

ROFL

ROYC75
11-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Damn, I would love to be there, I can see it now, a front row view of all the Tiggers weeping after KU puts the Big L on them. Priceless, Damn, where is my MasterCard at ?

Seriously, I would join in guys if I could, Have a good time, I'll catch it on the tube. Might get lucky and see some of ya .

Raiderhater58
11-19-2007, 09:21 PM
I would love to be there....

anyone have a ticket for sale??

gblowfish
11-19-2007, 10:53 PM
I'll be there, have tix's in Sec 116, but won't be able to tailgate, have to hustle back to town from Thanksgiving trip outta state. Get back just in time for the 7pm kick.

I'll be wearing Black & Gold, no doubt surrounded by blue & red wearing yahoos.

smittysbar
11-19-2007, 10:57 PM
We need a sticky on this thread

KcMizzou
11-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Don't show up unless you're alumni, and you know the secret handshake. /Ari

Tits McGee
11-19-2007, 11:58 PM
I'll be there.

Can't make it, but I do the retro Mizzou logo.
I might be up for a little bowling.

irishjayhawk
11-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Don't show up unless you're alumni, and you know the secret handshake. /Ari

How do you know it's a handshake? :harumph:

KcMizzou
11-20-2007, 12:13 AM
How do you know it's a handshake? :harumph:Handshake, dick wiggle, whatever you Gayhawks do.

Frazod
11-20-2007, 12:14 AM
Handshake, dick wiggle, whatever you Gayhawks do.

You forgot NTTAWWT :D

irishjayhawk
11-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Handshake, dick wiggle, whatever you Gayhawks do.

I think that's called a "Message Board AlleyOop".

Nzoner
11-20-2007, 08:30 AM
We need a sticky on this thread

Ridiculous,we have to be subjected to the Jayhawk Lounge but can't get a damn sticky for Mizzou.

Bob Dole
11-20-2007, 08:34 AM
If someone has an extra ticket, Bob Dole could arrange to make the 90 minute drive and be there. :)

HemiEd
11-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Ridiculous,we have to be subjected to the Jayhawk Lounge but can't get a damn sticky for Mizzou.

Well this place does have some standards. :D

Nzoner
11-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Well this place does have some standards. :D

Take a look now,we've upped our standards....

SO UP YOURS
:) :D

rageeumr
11-20-2007, 08:44 AM
I will be there Fraz, as of now. I will be taking the Beer Pong table and a PA system. Will have Satellite and TV set up. So if anyone wants to come and tailgate then watch in the parking lot, it is cool. Not sure how many people I have rounded up to go, but it ought to be fun. Probably about 15 or more. If we all want to meet up before so we can get parked close that would be cool. Let me know what the plan is.

Man that sounds awesome. I had planned to bring a table for beer pong and flippy cup, but, alas, my boss is the one who got me the tickets and since I have to take a client now I better take it easy on the boozing. I have a real problem with always thinking I sound more sober than I really do.

duncan_idaho
11-20-2007, 09:32 AM
I'm planning on going to GameDay, as I noted earlier...

For anyone who wants to meet up and crack a beer, I'll be one of the guys with a sign... (and no, it won't say: "Aug. 21, 1863: Missouri 183, kansas 0") I'll update on Thursday or Friday with what it will be. Probably the easiest way to find me...

Although, frazod, I don't know if you and I should meet. kansans might die in large numbers if that happened...

Frazod
11-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Although, frazod, I don't know if you and I should meet. kansans might die in large numbers if that happened...
You say that like it's wrong. :(

:evil:

Nzoner
11-20-2007, 10:06 AM

Why am I seeing handcuffs in my near future,and not in the good way.

Frazod
11-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Why am I seeing handcuffs in my near future,and not in the good way.

You're much nicer than I am - I'm hoping you'll have something of a calming effect on me.

Saulbadguy
11-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Wonder how man KU fans are going...

Frazod
11-20-2007, 10:16 AM

They can start their own damn thread.

duncan_idaho
11-20-2007, 10:40 AM

"Yes, they deserved to die, and I hope they burn in hell!!!!"

bkkcoh
11-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Hopefully the field will be in good shape for the raiders game on sunday after the azz kicking the Jayhawks are going to receive saturday evening...

My brother is going, I went to it last year at Columbia, but I wish I could go to it this year...

Bob Dole
11-20-2007, 01:01 PM
What's face value on the lower level seats? There are actually a couple of eBay auctions that appear to be adhering to the law on resale.

beer bacon
11-20-2007, 01:30 PM
I will be there with 19 of my closest friends.

bowener
11-20-2007, 03:14 PM
I think it is $55 lower, 65 club, 45 upper...30 upper as well for student sections

Third Eye
11-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Well, from what I read (not going to link because it was unofficial), it was 40k KU students, 15k MU students, and 25k Chiefs season ticket holders.

kcchiefsus
11-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Not going but I am going to the Faider game the next day. It's going to be a tough job getting that stadium and parking lot picked up in less than 12 hours.

duncan_idaho
11-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Well, from what I read (not going to link because it was unofficial), it was 40k KU students, 15k MU students, and 25k Chiefs season ticket holders.
It will be interesting to see how the Chiefs season tickets split... gotta figure Mizzou will hold around half of those (as Missouri expectations were much higher when those tickets were on sale).

CHENZ A!
11-20-2007, 04:21 PM
I'll be there, rooting for KU, with my best friend who is a big MU fan, along with two girls one MU and one KU. We are club level, four rows back! I really just hope it's a good game, and whoever wins it keeps on going to the national championship. Should be one hell of a party, and alot of fun people watching. GO HAWKS!

Stewie
11-20-2007, 04:25 PM
It will be interesting to see how the Chiefs season tickets split... gotta figure Mizzou will hold around half of those (as Missouri expectations were much higher when those tickets were on sale).

An inordinate amount of Chiefs season ticket holders live in Johnson County. The present KU/MU ratio that I've heard is 70/30 KU. That's not surprising since the movers and shakers in the metro live in JOCO and have a strong KU alliance. An interesting side is that I work for a large aerospace company (5000+ employees) and we have zero MU grads except for one (works in hr). We have engineers from KU, KSU, ISU, NU, Iowa, Rolla (who grew up in JOCO), Texas, Brown... I could go on, but you get the point.

Frazod
11-20-2007, 04:29 PM
An inordinate amount of Chiefs season ticket holders live in Johnson County. The present KU/MU ratio that I've heard is 70/30 KU. That's not surprising since the movers and shakers in the metro live in JOCO and have a strong KU alliance. An interesting side is that I work for a large aerospace company (5000+ employees) and we have zero MU grads except for one (works in hr). We have engineers from KU, KSU, ISU, NU, Iowa, Rolla (who grew up in JOCO), Texas, Brown... I could go on, but you get the point.

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself, sparky. All you JOCO "movers and shakers" can continue to root for our Missouri teams.

smittysbar
11-20-2007, 04:32 PM

I think it was 16 thousand MU. But like they said, MU fans were buying tickets off of KU because they bought up so many.....it might be more even than what they are saying

bowener
11-20-2007, 04:43 PM
My understanding from work is that they split the staduim down the 50's half KU and half MU as part of the 2 year agreement between the 2 colleges. Chiefs ST holders got first crack, then it went to the coleges. All I know is it was nuts at work and we sold out in a few days...so I dont know about the 70/30 ratio at all, I figured it to be more 50/50ish between the 2, but we'll just have to see (I know we handed out student tickets for all upper sections on our half of the stadium).

If anyone has some great mangino headshots I would be greatful to see them, I need a great picture for my sign to show on ESPN gameday.

duncan_idaho
11-20-2007, 04:43 PM

And the Chiefs' season ticket holder password was passed out on every single Mizzou message board around. That's how I got my tickets, and I know of several hundred other Mizzou fans who got theirs that way.

Which aerospace company do you work for?

smittysbar
11-20-2007, 05:14 PM
My understanding from work is that they split the staduim down the 50's half KU and half MU as part of the 2 year agreement between the 2 colleges. Chiefs ST holders got first crack, then it went to the coleges. All I know is it was nuts at work and we sold out in a few days...so I dont know about the 70/30 ratio at all, I figured it to be more 50/50ish between the 2, but we'll just have to see (I know we handed out student tickets for all upper sections on our half of the stadium).

If anyone has some great mangino headshots I would be greatful to see them, I need a great picture for my sign to show on ESPN gameday.

Also they said on 810 that KU made it part of there season ticket holder package, and that MU did not. Maybe not package but a option to buy with season tix.

CoMoChief
11-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Also they said on 810 that KU made it part of there season ticket holder package, and that MU did not. Maybe not package but a option to buy with season tix.
Are you gonna tailgate with Smoot and them?

smittysbar
11-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Are you gonna tailgate with Smoot and them?

Yeah they are all coming down with us. Gonna be a LOOOOOOOONG weekend! Can't wait. Still looking for a generator that is not as loud as this big SOB we took last time.

teedubya
11-20-2007, 06:38 PM
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3209/mizzoufancb5.gif

Tits McGee
11-20-2007, 06:53 PM

If you were half as happening as you think you are you won't be in JOCO.

JOCO = Leavenworth prison without the walls and room service.

KChiefs1
11-20-2007, 06:55 PM
I'll be there in section 114!

beer bacon
11-20-2007, 07:05 PM
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3209/mizzoufancb5.gif

So, you are a Bronco fan right?

Bob Dole
11-20-2007, 07:11 PM
If you were half as happening as you think you are you won't be in JOCO.

JOCO = Leavenworth prison without the walls and room service.

Sorry. This thread's covenants do not allow you to abbreviate counties, and the use of equal signs is forbidden.

CoMoChief
11-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Yeah they are all coming down with us. Gonna be a LOOOOOOOONG weekend! Can't wait. Still looking for a generator that is not as loud as this big SOB we took last time.
That's cool. I talked to Ryan and he said you might come down. Ill have to meet up with you guys for sure.

smittysbar
11-20-2007, 07:23 PM
That's cool. I talked to Ryan and he said you might come down. Ill have to meet up with you guys for sure.

Sounds good. Hopefully we can get a plan together and get a bunch of us close together.

Tits McGee
11-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Sorry. This thread's covenants do not allow you to abbreviate counties, and the use of equal signs is forbidden.

The mover and shaker, "Stewie" played the JOCO card not me.

ROYC75
11-20-2007, 08:40 PM
"Yes, they deserved to die, and I hope they burn in hell!!!!"

Awh come on now ........ die ? Hell ? I thought that is what happens when you sell your soul to the Tigger side.

Ya know, Black and Silver, Black and Gold, alot of hate and discontent....... Damn, you Tiggers and the Raiders do have alot in common. ;)

teedubya
11-20-2007, 08:42 PM
i heard The AD from Mizzou and KU on Neil and Marty on 610. they mentioned there were 25k MU alumni in KC and about 70K KU in KC area.

eazyb81
11-20-2007, 08:47 PM
You lucky bastards......I hope everyone has a blast at the game.

I'm a poor grad student so I will be cheering the team on to victory from Harpo's.

I am going to be in attendance at the Pep Rally on Friday night.

Spott
11-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Awh come on now ........ die ? Hell ? I thought that is what happens when you sell your soul to the Tigger side.

Ya know, Black and Silver, Black and Gold, alot of hate and discontent....... Damn, you Tiggers and the Raiders do have alot in common. ;)

That's funny, because Jayhawk fans are exactly like Bronco fans.

duncan_idaho
11-21-2007, 12:23 AM

It's a movie quote, dude.

bowener
11-21-2007, 12:46 AM
MU's season ticket holders (TSF) had the option as well, we filled out the bowl forms this week for all the possible bowls that the Tigers can go to as well. I really do not know how many MU tiger fans will be there, but the way it sounds at work is it should be about even.

KcMizzou
11-21-2007, 12:48 AM
MU officials dispute KU’s crowd claim
By MIKE DeARMOND The Kansas City Star

Missouri officials are expressing surprise at the suggestion that Kansas fans will make up 70 percent of the crowd at the Border War football game at Arrowhead Stadium on Saturday night.

“Seventy-thirty?! Are you kidding me? I don’t see that,” said Mark Alnutt, MU associate athletic director, referring to KU officials’ claims that Arrowhead Stadium would be 70-percent Kansas fans, 30-percent Missouri fans.

Alnutt said MU, through its ticket department, sold 17,000 tickets to the game.

“And the Chiefs, who sold 29,000, told us the first ones to go out were mostly for the Missouri part of the (lower) bowl.”

In a story in The Star on Monday, KU athletic director Lew Perkins indicated that he anticipated a 70-30 split of the crowd favoring KU.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/368462.html

bowener
11-21-2007, 12:58 AM
As it says, that is a surprise. I dont know how many MU fans will be there but I think it will be a lot closer than 70:30.

Third Eye
11-21-2007, 05:45 AM
Hmm, let's see, if I was from Missouri and wanted an engineering degree, where would I go? MU or Rolla? Hmm...

patteeu
11-21-2007, 07:33 AM
Hmm, let's see, if I was from Missouri and wanted an engineering degree, where would I go? MU or Rolla? Hmm...

I went to Rolla and my 3 siblings all went to MU. We all earned engineering degrees. To be honest, I think the engineering program at MU is comparable to that at Rolla. IMO, Rolla has a better engineering reputation just because engineering is such a large focus there whereas at MU it's just one of many fine programs. I don't think you'd be going wrong at either school although if you want to be exposed to a wide variety of people (instead of just engineering types), you're better off at the Columbia campus.

patteeu
11-21-2007, 07:36 AM
I won't be at the MU/KU game, but I have tickets to see MU in San Antonio on December 1st.

WARPARTY70
11-21-2007, 10:23 AM
I wish I could go to the game to be with all the Tigers fans as MU rolls over KU

duncan_idaho
11-21-2007, 10:27 AM
I went to Rolla and my 3 siblings all went to MU. We all earned engineering degrees. To be honest, I think the engineering program at MU is comparable to that at Rolla. IMO, Rolla has a better engineering reputation just because engineering is such a large focus there whereas at MU it's just one of many fine programs. I don't think you'd be going wrong at either school although if you want to be exposed to a wide variety of people (instead of just engineering types), you're better off at the Columbia campus.

It's not like kU's engineering school is that highly renowned. In-state kansans that want to be engineers go to kSU.

And I have a friend who works as an engineer at at aeronautical firm in kansas... still waiting to hear which one stewie works for.

Chief Henry
11-21-2007, 12:30 PM
What game ? Iowa's not playing.

StcChief
11-21-2007, 12:53 PM
MU 30% crowd please..... more likely ~50/50

KurtCobain
11-21-2007, 01:44 PM
i will be there rooting for mizzou. should be a fantastic game.

Que Card QB
11-21-2007, 01:49 PM
It's not like kU's engineering school is that highly renowned. In-state kansans that want to be engineers go to kSU.

And I have a friend who works as an engineer at at aeronautical firm in kansas... still waiting to hear which one stewie works for.For your general civil engineering, yes. KU I believe is more respected for the aerospace, bio., and mechanical/electrical stuff. I know a KSU structural engineer who told me "Those are some smart m-fers".

jjchieffan
11-21-2007, 03:44 PM
I am tempted to go. I have a friend who is a former arrowhead employee. They have two badges and swear I would have no problem whatsoever getting in. I just dont know if I want to risk it.

bowener
11-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Ok, so my boss sent me this link to show the seating arrangements for the border war: http://mutigers.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/miss/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/arrowhead-seating-map

The only big difference I can see is the South upper seats are not MU seats, whereas the opposites are KU seats, also 2 sections down below that are full Chiefs season ticket holders (112, 108) and not half as they are on the KU side (129, 125) and part of upper sections on the MU side. It looks more 60:40 than 70:30 to me, but I guess if every Chiefs season ticket holder is a KU fan, then it could be 70:30. Next year it flips for MU and KU seating wise.

Frazod
11-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Ok, so my boss sent me this link to show the seating arrangements for the border war: http://mutigers.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/miss/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/arrowhead-seating-map

The only big difference I can see is the South upper seats are not MU seats, whereas the opposites are KU seats, also 2 sections down below that are full Chiefs season ticket holders (112, 108) and not half as they are on the KU side (129, 125) and part of upper sections on the MU side. It looks more 60:40 than 70:30 to me, but I guess if every Chiefs season ticket holder is a KU fan, then it could be 70:30. Next year it flips for MU and KU seating wise.

Excellent. I'm in 323, which is on the Missouri side. Thank God.

bowener
11-21-2007, 04:13 PM
I have 6 in 308 (first row available to MU fans-23), not great seats, but better than not being there... to me at least.

Frazod
11-21-2007, 04:18 PM
I have 6 in 308 (first row available to MU fans-23), not great seats, but better than not being there... to me at least.

There are no bad seats at this game. I'm sure there are alot of people on this board who'd be envious of top row corner endzone seats.

bowener
11-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Im going to office depot today to get my 3 foot tall mangino head printed for the gameday crew!

patteeu
11-21-2007, 05:19 PM
For your general civil engineering, yes. KU I believe is more respected for the aerospace, bio., and mechanical/electrical stuff. I know a KSU structural engineer who told me "Those are some smart m-fers".

I worked with a couple of KU aerospace engineering grads. As I recall, they were a little slow, had limited social skills and I don't think they'd ever heard of football, but they sure knew their college basketball.

Rain Man
11-21-2007, 07:22 PM

Now that UMR is changing their name to the Missouri Institute of Science & Technology, I suspect that the women there will come to be called "Gorillas in the MIST".

Skip Towne
11-21-2007, 10:44 PM
I really don't know much about MU. I thought it was a journalism school. Do they have an engineering school? A law school? A medical school? :shrug:

Skip Towne
11-21-2007, 10:47 PM
I worked with a couple of KU aerospace engineering grads. As I recall, they were a little slow, had limited social skills and I don't think they'd ever heard of football, but they sure knew their college basketball.
I know those guys!!!!!!!!!!! They said you weren't very good at bringing them coffee.

Third Eye
11-21-2007, 10:48 PM
I really don't know much about MU. I thought it was a journalism school. Do they have an engineering school? A law school? A medical school? :shrug:
Sure, as do most major state universities these days. It is thought of as a journalism school because they have a top notch journalism program.

bowener
11-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey, where the hell are all the MU fans going to park?

Frazod
11-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey, where the hell are all the MU fans going to park?

I was just discussing this with Nzoner - there's a grassy area northwest of the stadium where we've set up shop at in the past (other BB gatherings) - we'll shoot for that. I'll try to get a diagram of the parking lot showing the exact location later.

WilliamTheIrish
11-23-2007, 08:05 AM
For your general civil engineering, yes. KU I believe is more respected for the aerospace, bio., and mechanical/electrical stuff. I know a KSU structural engineer who told me "Those are some smart m-fers".

I know lots of engineers. I'm trying to think of any that don't fall into the "smart Mf'er" category. Most of the folks I meet work on developing new imaging hardware and software.

Good guys/girls all around.

ROYC75
11-23-2007, 09:18 AM

And I have a friend who works as an engineer at at aeronautical firm in kansas... still waiting to hear which one stewie works for.

Dem farmers need to know how to operate them tractors and how to build a pond damn some how ? :shrug:

Nzoner
11-23-2007, 10:03 AM
I was just discussing this with Nzoner - there's a grassy area northwest of the stadium where we've set up shop at in the past (other BB gatherings) - we'll shoot for that. I'll try to get a diagram of the parking lot showing the exact location later.

If anyone wants to park in this area you'll want to go in gate 6

Phobia
11-23-2007, 10:46 AM
map

Bob Dole
11-23-2007, 11:35 AM
If anyone wants to park in this area you'll want to go in gate 6

But not for the Game Day session. Didn't it say Gate 2 and only Gate 2?

Nzoner
11-23-2007, 12:58 PM
But not for the Game Day session. Didn't it say Gate 2 and only Gate 2?

Yeah,this is for tailgating and parking only at 3 when the gates open,for real.

smittysbar
11-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Which is the best way to come in when going to gate 6?

Nzoner
11-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Which is the best way to come in when going to gate 6?

There's what I call a back entrance to the stadium off 40 Hwy.Depending on where you're coming from the entrance is just west of Sports Nutz or just east of the I-70 Drive-in at 8710 E Hwy 40.

There's a stoplight and a sign that reads Stadium Entrance,once on that road you will actually cross over I-70 and gate 6 will be just a few more blocks from there.

Sorry I'm not from KC so if that doesn't help maybe someone who knows the area better can help.

NUMBER7
11-23-2007, 04:56 PM
There's what I call a back entrance to the stadium off 40 Hwy.Depending on where you're coming from the entrance is just west of Sports Nutz or just east of the I-70 Drive-in at 8710 E Hwy 40.

There's a stoplight and a sign that reads Stadium Entrance,once on that road you will actually cross over I-70 and gate 6 will be just a few more blocks from there.

Sorry I'm not from KC so if that doesn't help maybe someone who knows the area better can help.

Here is a pdf file with a map.

Nzoner
11-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Here is a pdf file with a map.

Heh,you'd think I'd known that road was called Stadium Drive,thanks for posting that even though you are a KU fan :D

If anyone wants to exchange cell numbers so we can hook up once inside send a pm.

NUMBER7
11-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Heh,you'd think I'd known that road was called Stadium Drive,thanks for posting that even though you are a KU fan :D

If anyone wants to exchange cell numbers so we can hook up once inside send a pm.

My pleasure...just want to see everyone arrive and depart safely and watch a great sporting contest.

Third Eye
11-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Man, I haven't been this excited for a game at Arrowhead in, well maybe never. Getting ready to leave for KC in about half an hour. I can't friggin wait to get this on.

Frazod
11-23-2007, 10:27 PM
I have arrived in Lee's Summit - I can smell the stench of the beakers wafting in from the west. I do not like it. :#

I'm currently using my uncle's antiquated and deeply crudded computer with dial-up access, so I will be on sparingly. Joe, I changed my mind, and I plan on hooking up with you and Brandon before you drive to the stadium. I'll give you a call tomorrow morning.

This time tomorrow, it will all be settled. Can't believe it's almost here.

See you guys tomorrow.

DIE BEAKER SHITBAGS! GO MIZZOU!

Nzoner
11-23-2007, 10:48 PM
I have arrived in Lee's Summit - I can smell the stench of the beakers wafting in from the west. I do not like it. :#

I'm currently using my uncle's antiquated and deeply crudded computer with dial-up access, so I will be on sparingly. Joe, I changed my mind, and I plan on hooking up with you and Brandon before you drive to the stadium. I'll give you a call tomorrow morning.

This time tomorrow, it will all be settled. Can't believe it's almost here.

See you guys tomorrow.

DIE BEAKER SHITBAGS! GO MIZZOU!

I have yet to hear back from Brandon but he's got my cell.Talk to you tomorrow.

luv
11-24-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm jealous of all of you. GO MIZZOU!

BWillie
11-24-2007, 01:10 PM
i will be tailgating for a bit before goin down to westport to watch the game. look for the guy with the shaved horseshoe mangino head

Bob Dole
11-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Nzoner and frazod send greetings and a hearty "**** KU" from the parking lot at Arrowhead.