PDA

View Full Version : We've seen NE's O before, DV's O at KC had 1/2 the talent but just as productive.

chiefsfan1963
11-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Media seems to forget how amazing KC's O was for most of DV/AS tenure here. Too bad those days are gone. We have the D now, but flushed the O down the toilet! :banghead:

DaKCMan AP
11-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Wow, you are delusional.

Our offense was never as productive nor as dominant as NE's has been this season.

Deberg_1990
11-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Wow, you are delusional.

Our offense was never as productive nor as dominant as NE's has been this season.

Agreed, but their run game isnt all that strong. Or maybe it is, but they prefer to throw it instead?

Either way, its one of the most dominant air attacks of all time, maybe the best.

DaKCMan AP
11-19-2007, 03:11 PM
The most total points scored in a season by a DV coached Chiefs team was 484.

Through 10 games, the Pats already have scored 411.

Game over.

Brock
11-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Yes, too bad those days are gone when the Chiefs made the playoffs once in 5 years. It was great.

chiefsfan1963
11-19-2007, 03:13 PM
The most total points scored in a season by a DV coached Chiefs team was 484.

Through 10 games, the Pats already have scored 411.

Game over.

484 is not bad given the talent he had. I say check mate. ;)

DaKCMan AP
11-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Agreed, but their run game isnt all that strong. Or maybe it is, but they prefer to throw it instead?

The perception is that it isn't all that strong. The reality is their 4th in the NFL in rushing and 8th in rushing TDs.

DaKCMan AP
11-19-2007, 03:15 PM
484 is not bad given the talent he had. I say check mate. ;)

Your thread title said that DV's O was "just as productive". It wasn't. Your and idiot.

Talent? He had a pro-bowl QB, two hall-of-fame offensive linemen plus another pro-bowl offensive lineman, a hall-of-fame and greatest in nfl history tight end and a rb who had one of the greatest 3 year stretches in nfl history.

Amnorix
11-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Wow, you are delusional.

Not sure. We have a better air attack, but you rush attack is definitely better than ours.

And our defense is so much better, we get the ball back more often, which results in the opposing defense being tired. Literally, by the second half, I'm seeing shell-shocked defenses that are incapable of stopping ANYTHING.

DaKCMan AP
11-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Not sure. We have a better air attack, but you rush attack is definitely better than ours.

And our defense is so much better, we get the ball back more often, which results in the opposing defense being tired. Literally, by the second half, I'm seeing shell-shocked defenses that are incapable of stopping ANYTHING.

The Chiefs didn't go games without punting. Yes, our run game was better than NE's is, but total offensive numbers don't even compare.

When did DV's offense go into a game and score 5TDs on the first 5 drives?

ChiefsFanatic
11-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Yes, too bad those days are gone when the Chiefs made the playoffs once in 5 years. It was great.

If you think those days are gone, then you are delusional.

Amnorix
11-19-2007, 03:33 PM
The Chiefs didn't go games without punting. Yes, our run game was better than NE's is, but total offensive numbers don't even compare.

When did DV's offense go into a game and score 5TDs on the first 5 drives?

I'm nto saying the Chiefs offense was better, but they were definitely truly terrific.

The Chiefs problem was no above-average WRs, which shrunk the field in which TG and Priest had to work in, and made the challenge much greater for your superb OLine. If you'd had Randy Moss, then even with Green instead of Brady, that offense would've been beyond sick.

Brock
11-19-2007, 03:34 PM
If you think those days are gone, then you are delusional.

They may be or may not be, but at least I won't be a dumbshit who's nostalgic about an accomplishment like that.

DaKCMan AP
11-19-2007, 03:37 PM
If you'd had Randy Moss, then even with Green instead of Brady, that offense would've been beyond sick.

Yes, but they didn't. That's why the Pats offense is better. They have top notch players at almost every position. When they add a Darren McFadden or Felix Jones or Steve Slatton next year, it's going to be disgusting.

Short Leash Hootie
11-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Yes, but they didn't. That's why the Pats offense is better. They have top notch players at almost every position. When they add a Darren McFadden or Felix Jones or Steve Slatton next year, it's going to be disgusting.
They won't draft a RB with the 49ers pick...Maroney is fine...he's actually a really good fit for that team he has just been unhealthy.

They'll take a CB so they can let Samuel walk without paying him...that's why the Patriots are so successful.

chiefsfan1963
11-19-2007, 03:43 PM

You make my point. DV didn't have anywhere near the talent that Pat's have but put up comparable numbers.

ChiefsCountry
11-19-2007, 03:45 PM
You make my point. DV didn't have anywhere near the talent that Pat's have but put up comparable numbers.

How are they comparable? NE almost has more points in 10 games than the Chiefs did in a 16 game season.

ChiefsFanatic
11-19-2007, 03:46 PM
They may be or may not be, but at least I won't be a dumbshit who's nostalgic about an accomplishment like that.

Did you ever wish that during DV era we had a defense like we did in the mid-nineties? Was that being nostalgic?

Zouk
11-19-2007, 03:47 PM
The reason that the league is so unbalanced right now is that the best QBs (who are possibly both in the top 5 to ever play the position) are matched with brilliant defensive coaches. That combination rarely occurs - but it's happening right now twice in the same conference.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-19-2007, 03:51 PM
C'mon 63 everyone prefers an offense so inept they can keep good talent down. Why score 50 a game when you can score 7-10? I mean 10 is so much easier to count to so 10 is the magic number. Heck you could probably win 2 or 3 games a year with that extreme output.

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Your and idiot.

ROFL

DaKCMan AP
11-19-2007, 04:19 PM

Nice. In less than 20 posts it's gone from "just as productive" to "comparable". The problem is by season's end they wont even be comparable.

chiefsfan1963
11-19-2007, 04:21 PM
How are they comparable? NE almost has more points in 10 games than the Chiefs did in a 16 game season.

It's comparable as to the talent DV had to work with compared to NE. I'm not saying DV's was better than NE right now, I'm just saying they were damn good given their lack of offensive talent.

If DV had the kind of Gm and Front Office supporting him like in NE the result would have been just as good.

DV was headed in the right direction. Yes we know about the D and draft picks that didn't work out, but compared to what direction we're headed now we were better off with DV.

CP and his staff must go first and foremost! Then Herm and his staff.
Once we get new blood in the Front Office we can truly turn the page in KC.

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Nice. In less than 20 posts it's gone from "just as productive" to "comparable". The problem is by season's end they wont even be comparable.

I think if Brady or Moss sustain a season-ending injury, the Pats will discover their kryptonite. Then again, who knows how well Bellichek will have his 2nd teamers playing?

This season is a foregone conclusion. No one beats the Pats. The 2 teams that had a shot have already been beaten.

DaKCMan AP
11-19-2007, 04:23 PM
DV was headed in the right direction. Yes we know about the D and draft picks that didn't work out, but compared to what direction we're headed now we were better off with DV.

From 2001-2003, yes. The team regressed since that magical '03 season.

chiefsfan1963
11-19-2007, 04:26 PM
From 2001-2003, yes. The team regressed since that magical '03 season.

So you're saying between Herm and DV you'll go with Herm?

That's fine it's a free country you are entitled to your opinion.

I don't blame you one bit.

DaKCMan AP
11-19-2007, 04:27 PM
I think if Brady or Moss sustain a season-ending injury, the Pats will discover their kryptonite. Then again, who knows how well Bellichek will have his 2nd teamers playing?

That's with any team. Take away Manning, Favre, Romo, etc. NFL teams aren't very deep and are often a key player or two away from failure.

DaKCMan AP
11-19-2007, 04:29 PM
So you're saying between Herm and DV you'll go with Herm?

That's fine it's a free country you are entitled to your opinion.

I don't blame you one bit.

DV fielded a veteran team which was good for a 2-3 year run. Herm is injecting youth into this team for the future. His drafts have been great thus far and we're stockpiling picks. In terms of building a team I'll take Herm, yes.

Fish
11-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Stupidest thread imaginable...... the media has forgotten because we didn't do shit with DV's offense. It didn't work. Failed experiment. 0 playoff wins. Nothing to show for it. Zilch. That's why the media doesn't remember.

Please quit creating idiotic threads like this. DV is done and gone and will never be back. Same for Saunders. Get over it already.

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 04:35 PM
DV fielded a veteran team which was good for a 2-3 year run. Herm is injecting youth into this team for the future. His drafts have been great thus far and we're stockpiling picks. In terms of building a team I'll take Herm, yes.

DV was definitely a "win now" lunge by Carl.
When DV arrived in KC he inherited a Chiefs team that was solid but not spectacular (8th in total offense, 18th in total defense, #2 in sacks). The strengths of that team were the passing game which he completely jettisoned (including the PB QB) and the pass rush, both which he dismantled in favor of Ramifization.

He probably believed that he and not Mike Martz built the GSoT and the Chiefs were his chance to show the world who the genius was. In reality it was neither (tho more credit goes to Martz); fate had Green go down in preseason and unknown gunner Kurt Warner (Arena Football League - listening, Herm?) throws 41 TDs and wins the SB and league MVP. That's what we call lightning in a bottle.

To be fair, none of Marty's or Gun's offenses were as bad as the 2007 Chiefs. They usually finished top 10 in rushing and middle of the pack overall.

FAX
11-19-2007, 04:37 PM
DV was shooting for a SB in year three. Everyone knows that. Hell, if the defense hadn't performed so poorly down the stretch, he might have done it.

He wasn't trying to contribute to the long-term health of a franchise and that's not why Carl hired him. Carl is responsible for allowing the team to age without having a system in place to develop young players to take their roles at key positions - which, by the way, is one of the things at which this franchise particularly sucks. For years you knew that, if the player didn't have star talent when he showed up in camp, the Chiefs wouldn't be able to coach him up.

That's one thing Herm seems to be able to do, to some extent. God bless his ignorant, little head.

FAX

DaKCMan AP
11-19-2007, 04:39 PM
To be fair, none of Marty's or Gun's offenses were as bad as the 2007 Chiefs. They usually finished top 10 in rushing and middle of the pack overall.

To be fair, they always had solid to very good offensive lines.

Dave Lane
11-19-2007, 04:40 PM

I think they are back.

Dave

siberian khatru
11-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Please quit creating idiotic threads like this. DV is done and gone and will never be back. Same for Saunders. Get over it already.

You know the old Johnny Carson line about there being only one fruitcake in the entire world, and people keep sending it to each other? I think there's only one chiefsfan1963 thread, and he keeps recycling it over and over.

CoMoChief
11-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Hands down the Pats passing offense is better than DV's, that's not even a question.

Hands down the Chiefs had a much better running game.

Overall you gotta give it to the Pats offense, its the best offense I've ever seen, and yes better than 99 Rams.

Oh yeah theyll kick your ass on defense too.

Bump
11-19-2007, 04:47 PM
They won't draft a RB with the 49ers pick...Maroney is fine...he's actually a really good fit for that team he has just been unhealthy.

They'll take a CB so they can let Samuel walk without paying him...that's why the Patriots are so successful.

ya they traded Branch away and that really turned out to be a great deal for them. They do know how to be successful

chiefsfan1963
11-19-2007, 07:15 PM

Hey you're happy God Bless you.

I'm not and I'm F**ked b/c I'm as diehard as you, but all I can do is hope that Clark wakes up one day and decides he wants more for this franchise. When he gets tired watching another team for the 38th time accept his Father's Trophy. Only then will we clean house and turn the page once and for all.

I know if I was an owner during one of the many NFL Owners' Meeting I would be wondering what my peers were thinking behind my back. The Lamar Family and Chief's are a joke and have no pride.

Sad.

Pablo
11-19-2007, 07:30 PM
I know if I was an owner during one of the many NFL Owners' Meeting I would be wondering what my peers were thinking behind my back. The Lamar Family and Chief's are a joke and have no pride.

Sad.If I was an owner at an NFL meeting I'd be befriending Robert Kraft. The Hunt family is far from a joke, Lamar just didn't pull the plug on CP soon enough and now Clark needs to do so.

Their is plenty of pride in this organization. Herm was brought in because he would take average talent and make it better and coach a team. DV lacked the ability to coach or inspire, he was just a cry-baby pussy who played favorites and dedicated his sole attention to creating a behemoth offensive attack on borrowed time with aging players and totally disregarding our needs to get younger and play harder. If your motto is to outscore the opposing team as opposed to outplaying them in all phases of the game, you're gonna lose. That's why DV made it to the playoffs 1/5 of the years he coached here. Go out and score more than them..if we can't score 30 points, we can't win. That's an ignorant approach. Herm's offensive approach is sad, but we're headed in the right direction with younger talent and smart draft picks. Herm is setting this franchise up with good long-term talent for the next coach. DV did not.

The Chiefs were a flash in the pan in 2003, then they were back to what they were before DV was there and what they are destined to be as long as CP is in charge.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-19-2007, 07:50 PM
I'd probably disagree w/ the comparison of the '07 Pats O and the '99 Rams. Remember that the '99 Rams did it in a league that allowed the DBs to chuck the hell out of WR and had far more lax PI rules. I fully believe that the '99 Rams would score 45 PPG in today's NFL..

Simply Red
11-19-2007, 07:59 PM
You know the old Johnny Carson line about there being only one fruitcake in the entire world, and people keep sending it to each other? I think there's only one chiefsfan1963 thread, and he keeps recycling it over and over.
ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
11-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Media seems to forget how amazing KC's O was for most of DV/AS tenure here. Too bad those days are gone. We have the D now, but flushed the O down the toilet! :banghead:

No. Our offense was inconsistent then IMO. We also settled for lots of field goals.

Thig Lyfe
11-19-2007, 08:26 PM

Darren McFadden in a Patriots uniform???

:Lin::banghead:

Mecca
11-19-2007, 08:28 PM

Other than this is a crappy corner year with none projected in the top 10...

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-19-2007, 09:13 PM
The funny thing is that if you look at the top of the draft, the Pats have so few needs that they really don't have great value at that pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see them roll that pick into a 1st and 2nd from someone else and replace a couple of their 'backers.

ChiefsLV
11-19-2007, 10:55 PM
If DV had the kind of Gm and Front Office supporting him like in NE the result would have been just as good.

CP and his staff must go first and foremost! Then Herm and his staff.
Once we get new blood in the Front Office we can truly turn the page in KC.

You're giving too much credit to the GM/Front Office for those horrendus drafts from 01 to 05. Is it just a coincidence that Herm comes in pretty much the same front office and has a a couple fairly good drafts? I'm not a DV hater but the man didn't get it done for us in the draft and it has been one of the few bright spots during Herm's tenure.

Mecca
11-19-2007, 10:56 PM
The Pats should just take McFadden, they could win another bowl just off that.

Baconeater
11-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Once in a while he'll let KCChiefsfan88 start it for him.

chiefsfan1963
11-19-2007, 11:48 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

chiefsfan1963
11-19-2007, 11:50 PM
If I was an owner at an NFL meeting I'd be befriending Robert Kraft. The Hunt family is far from a joke, Lamar just didn't pull the plug on CP soon enough and now Clark needs to do so.

Their is plenty of pride in this organization. Herm was brought in because he would take average talent and make it better and coach a team. DV lacked the ability to coach or inspire, he was just a cry-baby pussy who played favorites and dedicated his sole attention to creating a behemoth offensive attack on borrowed time with aging players and totally disregarding our needs to get younger and play harder. If your motto is to outscore the opposing team as opposed to outplaying them in all phases of the game, you're gonna lose. That's why DV made it to the playoffs 1/5 of the years he coached here. Go out and score more than them..if we can't score 30 points, we can't win. That's an ignorant approach. Herm's offensive approach is sad, but we're headed in the right direction with younger talent and smart draft picks. Herm is setting this franchise up with good long-term talent for the next coach. DV did not.

The Chiefs were a flash in the pan in 2003, then they were back to what they were before DV was there and what they are destined to be as long as CP is in charge.

You cn have your story I'll have mine.

Mecca
11-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Playing like this is sure a hell of a lot more boring...