PDA

View Full Version : Another report that LJ is done for the year.

allen_kcCard
11-19-2007, 03:16 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=105511

Another report saying that LJ is done.

"Sources close to Larry Johnson indicate that the Chiefs and their star runner are expecting to shut Johnson down for the season.

The decision was apparently made before the results of a Monday MRI are revealed. While the news may not officially announced right away, the team and Johnson were looking at a best case scenario in which Johnson would return for a few meaningless games. L.J's rivalry with Priest Holmes was playing a factor in Johnson's desire to return, but that's not enough to risk jeopardizing his career. Johnson owners can wait to hear confirmation, but don't expect him to help your fantasy squads again. Nov. 19 - 4:55 pm et"

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Whether or not LJ's done, this rushing attack was done in week 1. Save yourself for '08, Larry.

chiefsfan1963
11-19-2007, 03:23 PM
As I said before we finally signed him we would have been better off trading him for draft picks!

Short Leash Hootie
11-19-2007, 03:24 PM
As I said before we finally signed him we would have been better off trading him for draft picks!
you should apply to be the Chiefs GM!!!!

Tribal Warfare
11-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Not surprised

Short Leash Hootie
11-19-2007, 03:26 PM
I think everyone saw this coming...the injury that knocked out #31 for two years was initially a day-to-day injury according to Chiefs officials...

Hydrae
11-19-2007, 03:27 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=105511

Another report saying that LJ is done.

"Sources close to Larry Johnson indicate that the Chiefs and their star runner are expecting to shut Johnson down for the season.

The decision was apparently made before the results of a Monday MRI are revealed. While the news may not officially announced right away, the team and Johnson were looking at a best case scenario in which Johnson would return for a few meaningless games. L.J's rivalry with Priest Holmes was playing a factor in Johnson's desire to return, but that's not enough to risk jeopardizing his career. Johnson owners can wait to hear confirmation, but don't expect him to help your fantasy squads again. Nov. 19 - 4:55 pm et"

Like he was a big fantasy stud this year already. :rolleyes:

Short Leash Hootie
11-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Like he was a big fantasy stud this year already. :rolleyes:
He was coming along...he was the 8th or 9th rated back when he went down...not #3 pick worthy but not awful...

StcChief
11-19-2007, 03:36 PM
our new $19M baby.....

penguinz
11-19-2007, 03:39 PM
our new $19M baby.....
Wrong.

Cochise
11-19-2007, 03:42 PM
All those picks and all that cap room might have turned out to be a bargain.

BigVE
11-19-2007, 03:55 PM

It's so easy to say that now that he is supposedly done for the year. I'm guessing if he was on pace for another 1700 yard year you would disappear into the woodwork. If ANY Chief's fan OR football fan is dumb enough to think that our lack of offense/running the ball is because of LJ and his fat contract they need slapped. Our O-line is horrid. Period. Only Barry Sanders could run behind a crap line. Period. What has Priest done since HE became the starter with this line? Not much, although the effort is appreciated. When our O-line is fixed our offense and running game (LJ) will be fixed too.

Brock
11-19-2007, 03:58 PM
It's because he went over 400 carries, OMGZ.

Fly O.T. McWall
11-19-2007, 04:03 PM
It's so easy to say that now that he is supposedly done for the year. I'm guessing if he was on pace for another 1700 yard year you would disappear into the woodwork. If ANY Chief's fan OR football fan is dumb enough to think that our lack of offense/running the ball is because of LJ and his fat contract they need slapped. Our O-line is horrid. Period. Only Barry Sanders could run behind a crap line. Period. What has Priest done since HE became the starter with this line? Not much, although the effort is appreciated. When our O-line is fixed our offense and running game (LJ) will be fixed too.
the peple that think that, myself inlucded, think that most rb are replaceable nd the average lifespan of a rb in todays nfl ddn't warraant the contfatct he got.

shoulda traded him before the season and gotten a couple big drafpt picks out of him.

i thought they shouldhave made him play under that crappy contract, then tagged him next year, then let him be a FA the following year.

never did like his attitude. lovd his play on the field but he doesn't have a supporiting cast to make his contract worth it when he averages 3.5 ypc.

BigVE
11-19-2007, 04:28 PM
the peple that think that, myself inlucded, think that most rb are replaceable nd the average lifespan of a rb in todays nfl ddn't warraant the contfatct he got.

shoulda traded him before the season and gotten a couple big drafpt picks out of him.

i thought they shouldhave made him play under that crappy contract, then tagged him next year, then let him be a FA the following year.

never did like his attitude. lovd his play on the field but he doesn't have a supporiting cast to make his contract worth it when he averages 3.5 ypc.
++

I dont have confidence that our coaches/management would have the skills needed to actually DRAFT another good rb or trade for one that is better than what we have now.

TRR
11-19-2007, 04:34 PM
LJ is a rising star. You don't trade your rising stars...You sign them.

LJ will be a great player in this league for the next several years.

KCFalcon59
11-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Heck. This is good news. It gets him rest and hopefully we can improve this sorry excuse of a line for him next year.

Micjones
11-19-2007, 04:54 PM
No sense in Johnson rushing to get back.

I'd like us to add another RB to the equation though. Where's Ross?

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 05:38 PM
No sense in Johnson rushing to get back.

I'd like us to add another RB to the equation though. Where's Ross?

Exactly.

Bring back Derrick Ross and Justin Phinisee.

chiefsfan1963
11-19-2007, 06:03 PM

I said this before the season started and before we signed him during the holdout. You can check old threads. I'm not discounting the fact that LJ isn't a good back he is. I said that we need the picks more than a RB that is always vunerable to injury and has a short career on average. We are rebuilding and as you know his contribution has not affected our record. Our record would not have changed with or without him.

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 06:06 PM
I said this before the season started and before we signed him during the holdout. You can check old threads. I'm not discounting the fact that LJ isn't a good back he is. I said that we need the picks more than a RB that is always vunerable to injury and has a short career on average. We are rebuilding and as you know his contribution has not affected our record. Our record would not have changed with or without him.

In my heart i agree with you 63 but my head tells me we have lost 3 in a row since the Deisel went down. And I think Priest is doing all he can.

DaneMcCloud
11-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Exactly.

Bring back Derrick Ross and Justin Phinisee.

Why??

They're not even on anyone's practice squad. Why would the Chiefs sign them to an active roster?

The Chiefs have enough dead weight. Why add more?

Brock
11-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Phinisee might help with some returns, but Ross? That guy was brutal with his fumbling.

Skip Towne
11-19-2007, 06:18 PM
It's because he went over 400 carries, OMGZ.
I'm sure that's it. All those carries weakened his feet and now they break when linebackers fall on them.

chiefsfan1963
11-19-2007, 06:21 PM
LJ is a rising star. You don't trade your rising stars...You sign them.

LJ will be a great player in this league for the next several years.

don't bet your life savings on it.

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Phinisee might help with some returns, but Ross? That guy was brutal with his fumbling.

We're seriously long in the tooth at CB and Phinisee also returns kicks.
Ross' fumbling can be cured with technique imprrovement. He's light years ahead of Kolby in talent. I understand how Ross' fumbles could be a problem. Everyone knows how I like heavy RBs to pound the rock.

I would say bring back Donnell Bennett but he's retired.

:D

Molitoth
11-19-2007, 06:42 PM
This injury had nothing to do with last years amount of attempts.

a1na2
11-19-2007, 06:43 PM
our new $19M baby.....

Complete with diapers.