PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou B-ball

KcMizzou
11-19-2007, 09:32 PM
On ESPNU right now...

Mizzou trails #11 MSU 74-72

KcMizzou
11-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Been a tough, gutty game by the Tigers...

KcMizzou
11-19-2007, 09:51 PM
ARRRGHHH...

Mizzou falls 86-83. Barely missed a desperation 3.

This team's gonna be pretty damned good this year.

KChiefs1
11-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Overmatched....it's going to take a couple of years to clean out the Quin Snyder garbage still on the team.

ChiefsCountry
11-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Overmatched....it's going to take a couple of years to clean out the Quin Snyder garbage still on the team.

You mean next year.

KcMizzou
11-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Overmatched....it's going to take a couple of years to clean out the Quin Snyder garbage still on the team.Hey, I'm damned proud of 'em.

MSU got all they wanted and a little more.

I LOVE Anderson's style of play.

KChiefs1
11-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Hey, I'm damned proud of 'em.

MSU got all they wanted and a little more.

I LOVE Anderson's style of play.

Don't get me wrong...I think Mike Anderson is going to turn this program around but the whole Quin Snyder thing has really turned me off of the basketball program. I can't wait to see Anderson coaching his players in his system.

I watched tonight but I never got the feeling Mizzou was going to win.

KChiefs1
11-19-2007, 10:03 PM
You mean next year.

yeah but it's going to take two years for these guys to learn the system so I'm looking at a couple of years down the road before they are really good.

I love the style of basketball they are playing though....just overmatched at the moment.

Ceej
11-19-2007, 10:05 PM
LOL - Mike Anderson.

Silly MU basketball fans... :)

KcMizzou
11-19-2007, 10:09 PM
yeah but it's going to take two years for these guys to learn the system so I'm looking at a couple of years down the road before they are really good.

I love the style of basketball they are playing though....just overmatched at the moment.I guess it depends on your expectations...

I kinda figured they'd suck this season, and they most certainly don't.

They're fun to watch, and Carrol looks like a huge addition.

I don't think they'll compete for the Big XII, but they'll up there in the top 5, with a shot to win against anyone on a given night.

|Zach|
11-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Just got back from the game....dayum that was close. Lots of fun to watch. Cool first Sprint Center experience.

KcMizzou
11-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Just got back from the game....dayum that was close. Lots of fun to watch. Cool first Sprint Center experience.Sweet... sounded like the crowd was pretty amped up.

I think this is gonna be a fun Tiger team to watch.

F the naysayers.

beer bacon
11-19-2007, 10:42 PM

I was at the game and we were not overmatched. Michigan State did not know what to do against our pressure in the second half. We played too loose in the first and #11 killed us.

doomy3
11-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Michigan State is ridiculously overrated.

KcMizzou
11-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Michigan State is ridiculously overrated.That, or Mizzou aint half bad.

doomy3
11-19-2007, 11:20 PM
That, or Mizzou aint half bad.

That, and Michigan State is ridiculously overrated.

beer bacon
11-19-2007, 11:22 PM
That, and Michigan State is ridiculously overrated.

KU fans have a lot of experience when it comes to overrated teams.

doomy3
11-19-2007, 11:24 PM
KU fans have a lot of experience when it comes to overrated teams.

ROFL

So, I guess you are going to tell me MU Basketball has it all figured out, huh?

doomy3
11-19-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm sure Division II Powerhouse Grand Valley St, who already beat MSU this year, also think they aren't half bad either

beer bacon
11-19-2007, 11:28 PM
Keep talking trash. You will go away when your team gets bounced in the first round of the Tourney again this year. Until then, pretend like you have room to talk down to other teams.

Wreckloose
11-19-2007, 11:58 PM
I was at the game. Mizzou would have won if they could score at all from a halfcourt set. If they can't get the turnovers they aren't going to score. I'm glad you really like Anderson's style since they probably won't even run it against KU again this year for fear of being blown out.

KcMizzou
11-20-2007, 12:02 AM
I was at the game. Mizzou would have won if they could score at all from a halfcourt set. If they can't get the turnovers they aren't going to score. I'm glad you really like Anderson's style since they probably won't even run it against KU again this year for fear of being blown out.Mizzou will play that style every second of every game.

Count on it.

Sure-Oz
11-20-2007, 12:07 AM
OHHH noooozzzzzzzzz scuured of KU

Ari Chi3fs
11-20-2007, 12:22 AM
Brandon, you may not have gone to MU, but you are a true fan. You can be elite.

KcMizzou
11-20-2007, 12:23 AM
Brandon, you may not have gone to MU, but you are a true fan. You can be elite.LMAO

Thanks.

KcMizzou
11-20-2007, 12:23 AM
Asshole.

Ari Chi3fs
11-20-2007, 01:05 AM
ROFL.

Hey, which gets you worse, my sig or my avatar? Because they are both super hilarious to me...

|Zach|
11-20-2007, 01:08 AM
ROFL.

Hey, which gets your worse, my sig or my avatar?
What?

POND_OF_RED
11-20-2007, 05:08 AM
I think we will be better than last year with DeMarre helping out a lot down low. It's just too bad we can't teach the team to not force up stupid 3's or running jumpers when you're covered by 3 people. Between Keon Lawrence, Hannah, and Carroll I think this team will surprise a lot of people. Mike Anderson has already improved this team a lot in the one year he's been here. At least we are beating the small schools unlike the old Snyder days. I think we'll make the tournament this year but get beat in the first round.

HonestChieffan
11-20-2007, 05:22 AM
Still alot of time for some MU players to get arrested. Its like Deer Season, it happens every fall.

DaKCMan AP
11-20-2007, 05:29 AM
MSU is not that good, but keeping pace with them is nothing to be ashamed of.

HonestChieffan
11-20-2007, 05:32 AM
So if MSU is "not that good" shouldnt that in turn mean MU is not as good as a "not that good MSU?"

I'll have to think on this....

DaKCMan AP
11-20-2007, 05:53 AM
So if MSU is "not that good" shouldnt that in turn mean MU is not as good as a "not that good MSU?"

I'll have to think on this....

Correct.

Saulbadguy
11-20-2007, 06:45 AM
I went to the game. Mizzou looked pretty good in the second half, you could tell MSU was worn out. Both Hannah and Caroll really struggled in the first half, and Neitzel was as good as advertised.

The first game (UCLA vs Maryland) wasn't nearly as good as that one, but Kevin Love is a beast. He was entertaining to watch.

DaKCMan AP
11-20-2007, 06:47 AM
The first game (UCLA vs Maryland) wasn't nearly as good as that one, but Kevin Love is a beast. He was entertaining to watch.

He is, but that was some ugly basketball played by both teams.

Saulbadguy
11-20-2007, 06:48 AM
He is, but that was some ugly basketball played by both teams.
Agreed. I try not to look too much in to these early season games, because teams generally don't run their offense as well.

DaKCMan AP
11-20-2007, 06:50 AM
Agreed. I try not to look too much in to these early season games, because teams generally don't run their offense as well.

Especially teams that lost their offense to the NBA (Afflalo).

Saulbadguy
11-20-2007, 06:53 AM
Especially teams that lost their offense to the NBA (Afflalo).
And their starting PG to injury.

doomy3
11-20-2007, 07:04 AM
I think we will be better than last year with DeMarre helping out a lot down low. It's just too bad we can't teach the team to not force up stupid 3's or running jumpers when you're covered by 3 people. Between Keon Lawrence, Hannah, and Carroll I think this team will surprise a lot of people. Mike Anderson has already improved this team a lot in the one year he's been here. At least we are beating the small schools unlike the old Snyder days. I think we'll make the tournament this year but get beat in the first round.

This is why Beer Bacon's earlier post making fun of KU losing in the first rounds a couple times is so hilarious. That is a catastrophy if it happens to KU, but as an MU fan posted above, that is the GOAL for this team. You want to make it to the tourney just to lose in the first round. Well, I guess you have to start somewhere.

Saulbadguy
11-20-2007, 10:36 AM
This is why Beer Bacon's earlier post making fun of KU losing in the first rounds a couple times is so hilarious. That is a catastrophy if it happens to KU, but as an MU fan posted above, that is the GOAL for this team. You want to make it to the tourney just to lose in the first round. Well, I guess you have to start somewhere.
You should have went to the game last night. It would have raised your basketball IQ.

cookster50
11-20-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm going tonight. Not that anyone cares. Yeah boy!

bobbything
11-20-2007, 11:39 AM
I went to the game as well. There were a few things that I noticed:

(1) Mike Anderson made some serious adjustments at the half. Going to the zone and trapping, double teaming, etc. out of the zone worked wonders. MSU was baffled.

(2) MSU was content on penetrating. However, MU baited them into that over and over only to pick their pocket. It took until the 2:00 minute mark for them to figure this out.

(3) MSU didn't make any adjustments and didn't have one player on the floor (including Neitzel) who could/would handle the full court pressure.

MU will be very good against teams like this. However, if/when they play a team with good ball handlers, it could be ugly. This type of style doesn't play well against good guards.

Edit: plus, I thought MU shot way too many 3's. Something I thought would go out the door when Quin Snyder left.

POND_OF_RED
11-20-2007, 12:33 PM
I wouldn't consider that the goal I would just consider it being realistic. This team is not half the team Anderson believes he can field. When asked how close his team is to running his "40 minutes of hell" this preseason he said it was about 60%. That 60% almost beat the # 11 team in the country last night so I can't wait until it is fully ready.

redbrian
11-20-2007, 01:27 PM
I was at the game also, the second half the refs opened it up a bit a let the boys play.
Mizzou is a couple of big boys away from having a team.

They are going to run some teams into the ground.

Talk of overrated, UCLA looked and played like crap, also those gay powder blue uniís did not help.

Sprint Center is fantastic, you can get $10 nosebleeds with great views of the court, only problem is you have to go downstairs to get a good beer, only thing up on the 6th level was lite beers (although I did see a keg of Blvd Pale ale sitting in the floor)

Iím going out now to get my ticket to the game tonight, the son is also playing in the NKC pep band which played last night for MU and will play for them tonight as well.

Saulbadguy
11-20-2007, 02:17 PM
I was at the game also, the second half the refs opened it up a bit a let the boys play.
Mizzou is a couple of big boys away from having a team.

They are going to run some teams into the ground.

Talk of overrated, UCLA looked and played like crap, also those gay powder blue uniís did not help.

Sprint Center is fantastic, you can get $10 nosebleeds with great views of the court, only problem is you have to go downstairs to get a good beer, only thing up on the 6th level was lite beers (although I did see a keg of Blvd Pale ale sitting in the floor)

Iím going out now to get my ticket to the game tonight, the son is also playing in the NKC pep band which played last night for MU and will play for them tonight as well.

When I got there (at 5:15 pm) the $10's were sold out. Great sight lines everywhere, though.

The best band all night was Michigan States band, IMO. F.L. Schlagle High School.

HemiEd
11-20-2007, 02:43 PM
ROFL.

Hey, which gets you worse, my sig or my avatar? Because they are both super hilarious to me...

I agree.

duncan_idaho
11-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Still alot of time for some MU players to get arrested. Its like Deer Season, it happens every fall.

This from a fan of the team that claims Jamar Smith... nice.

You know what I miss about Chief Illiniwek?

Being able to chant "Racist mascot" at the Jones Dome during his "performances."

bobbything
11-20-2007, 03:07 PM
The best band all night was Michigan States band, IMO. F.L. Schlagle High School.
I just laughed out loud. That band was awesome.

Wreckloose
11-20-2007, 03:47 PM
I turned to my buddies and said I bet that band is from Schlagle. They played at a basketball tournament my high school hosted and they brought their full band wearing santa hats and just rocked the place for two hours while our band sat there shellshocked.