PDA

View Full Version : Donx worry me...

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 10:34 PM
So is this a fluke or are the donx gaining momentum?
Clearly this is not the same team that's been embarassed 44-7 and 41-3 this year.

SD does not worry me.

Denver worries me.

Fruit Ninja
11-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Why does it really matter? We arent going anywhere so i dont know why they would worry you. We are where we usually are behind them.

Count Alex's Wins
11-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Denver is peaking at the right time.

We blew a great chance to end their season.

kc rush
11-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Why do they worry you? Its highly unlikely we are going to be in it this year.

Let the young guys develop and see what we can do in the offseason.

alanm
11-19-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm not worried about Denver. I'm worried about beating Oakland Sunday.

Mecca
11-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Psh, nothing to be worried about unless your passion is to get embarassed on national TV in the first round of the playoffs.

Taco John
11-19-2007, 10:43 PM
I just want to get Cutler in the playoffs. I don't care if we win there. I just want him to get the benefit of the experience.

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Why do they worry you? Its highly unlikely we are going to be in it this year.

Let the young guys develop and see what we can do in the offseason.

Because as a fan I am always hoping for the magical catch-on-fire and run the table story book ending. I am always looking for that rarest of occurances in sports such as the late season surge of the Colorado Rockies.

I realize we do not have a playoff team. I just find it hard to play now for next season. And BTW, the better Denver gets, the tougher it will be on us NEXT season as well.

Guru
11-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Psh, nothing to be worried about unless your passion is to get embarassed on national TV in the first round of the playoffs.
Been there, done that. Don't want to see it again.

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 10:44 PM
I just want to get Cutler in the playoffs. I don't care if we win there. I just want him to get the benefit of the experience.

Well after stinking pretty badly in the early part of the year, Shanny appears to have the donkeys peaking at the right part of the season. Congrats.

Mecca
11-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Because as a fan I am always hoping for the magical catch-on-fire and run the table story book ending. I am always looking for that rarest of occurances in sports such as the late season surge of the Colorado Rockies.

I realize we do not have a playoff team. I just find it hard to play now for next season. And BTW, the better Denver gets, the tougher it will be on us NEXT season as well.

That storybook would end with a 56-3 Pats assrape.....no one is beating them.

Donger
11-19-2007, 10:45 PM

So, you lack the ability to think strategically?

Taco John
11-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Well after stinking pretty badly in the early part of the year, Shanny appears to have the donkeys peaking at the right part of the season. Congrats.

Honestly, it's what I was expecting. I figured it would be a rough start. I'm still not happy with where our defense is, but I feel like our team has pulled through and righted the ship.

Now that I've said that, we're doomed to a blow out loss next week.

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 10:47 PM
So, you lack the ability to think strategically?

Obviously not:

And BTW, the better Denver gets, the tougher it will be on us NEXT season as well.

the Talking Can
they beat us home, a little late to be worried...

KCJohnny
Honestly, it's what I was expecting. I figured it would be a rough start. I'm still not happy with where our defense is, but I feel like our team has pulled through and righted the ship.

Against who?

Fruit Ninja
I would love to get to the play offs. I wouldnt even care if the Pats raped us. Getting that experience in the Play Offs would be a great thing.

I just dont think with Herm's ball and chain on the offense we will even make it that far.

Donger
11-19-2007, 10:48 PM

It's interesting, but of the years I've lived in the Denver area, I've noticed this year as the worst of popular support for the team. You know, jerseys and hats and stuff at the grocery store on Sundays.

That's actually surprised me a little.

Mecca
Also the division next year will be tough anyway because as soon as SD can hire a real coach at the start of the offseason there will be serious issues winning this division.

KCJohnny
I would love to get to the play offs. I wouldnt even care if the Pats raped us. Getting that experience in the Play Offs would be a great thing.

I just dont think with Herm's ball and chain on the offense we will even make it that far.

Certainly not the way the donx are playing right now. Still, there's hope if we can steal one in Denver...

BigRock
11-19-2007, 10:49 PM
That's ridiculous! There's nothing to be gained from simply getting to the playoffs!

/this board for the last 4 months

FAX
11-19-2007, 10:50 PM
I sure didn't see this one coming. I really believed the Tacks would take this one.

FAX

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 10:50 PM
It's interesting, but of the years I've lived in the Denver area, I've noticed this year as the worst of popular support for the team. You know, jerseys and hats and stuff at the grocery store on Sundays.

Had their herats broken by the 49ers last December and the Rockies this fall.
Plus, the Nuggets are looking very competitive.

DaFace
11-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Perhaps I've given up, but I don't really think that there's any reason to be "worried" about them. Even if we somehow manage to win the AFCW, there's no way we'd make it past the first round. I'd like for the Donkeys to lose every week, but I don't really see them affecting our Super Bowl chances much.

Donger
11-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Obviously not:

Well, you do have the ability for considering the patently obvious, for sure.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Croyle play last weekend. It gave me some hope for the future. Starting Huard seemed like a strategic blunder at the start of the season, and I immediately began thinking beyond this season (as a fan, of course).

NUMBER7
11-19-2007, 10:53 PM

That would be nice...unfortunately this team just has too many holes...on both sides of the ball.

Taco John
11-19-2007, 10:54 PM

Yeah, there's been some quarterback controversy fatigue that has permeated the entire fan base... Then the locker room deaths... Then the horrible start, especially on defense.

Tonights win is going to go a long way towards fixing all of that. This team is exciting.

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Well, you do have the ability for considering the patently obvious, for sure.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Croyle play last weekend. It gave me some hope for the future. Starting Huard seemed like a strategic blunder at the start of the season, and I immediately began thinking beyond this season (as a fan, of course).

I get paid to think strategically. Its my job. The chiefs are just a fun, mindless diversion for me. The operative word being mindless!

Taco John
11-19-2007, 10:56 PM
Looking at our schedule, we can go 10-5. That would be an incredible finish.

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Looking at our schedule, we can go 10-5. That would be an incredible finish.

Your damned right! The first team ever to go 10-5 in a 16 game season! Incredible!

Donger
11-19-2007, 10:57 PM
I get paid to think strategically. Its my job. The chiefs are just a fun, mindless diversion for me. The operative word being mindless!

Er, okay.

Spott
11-19-2007, 10:58 PM
SD will sweep the Donks and win the division. But it doesn't matter because no AFC West team is going to win a playoff game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-19-2007, 11:01 PM
Who gives a f*ck?? We are terrible, it's not like we were doing anything this year, and they sure as hell won't either.

Taco John
11-19-2007, 11:01 PM
Your damned right! The first team ever to go 10-5 in a 16 game season! Incredible!

Sorry... I'm not meaning to rub it in or anything...

cdcox
11-19-2007, 11:02 PM
I figured either the Donks or Bolts would come on to win 9-10 games. Coaching and veteran leadership seem to have righted Denver's ship.

RJ
11-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Don't worry......be happy

ARROW2
11-19-2007, 11:08 PM

Yeah....thanks a lot DAMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You FKIN SCRUB!!!!!! The coaching staff are idiots......

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm disappointed...

....where's the Croyle bandwagon? Isn't there a little bit of hope for a December miracle?

Forgive me for my naivete. I grew up watching Lenny and Johnny U...

ARROW2
11-19-2007, 11:09 PM

Yeah....thanks a lot DAMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You FKIN SCRUB!!!!!! The coaching staff are idiots too......

Donger
11-19-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm disappointed...

....where's the Croyle bandwagon? Isn't there a little bit of hope for a December miracle?

I wasn't alive then, but did the coaches of those two players have Dawson and Unitas' balls in a masonry jar above the sink in their kitchens, or did they let they let them play to their abilities?

Fruit Ninja
11-19-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm disappointed...

They are running the same ****ed up gameplan with Damon as they are with Brodie. We rolled Brodie out once i think. It worked. We didnt go back to what was working.

ClevelandBronco
11-19-2007, 11:16 PM
So is this a fluke or are the donx gaining momentum?
Clearly this is not the same team that's been embarassed 44-7 and 41-3 this year.

SD does not worry me.

Denver worries me.

Yeah. They worry me too.

Count Alex's Wins
11-19-2007, 11:17 PM
They are running the same ****ed up gameplan with Damon as they are with Brodie. .

No they aren't. We were more aggressive with Damon.

Maddening.

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 11:19 PM
I wasn't alive then, but did the coaches of those two players have Dawson and Unitas' balls in a masonry jar above the sink in their kitchens, or did they let they let them play to their abilities?

Oh man, glad you asked that! These guys called their own plays in the huddle! Imagine that!

They ran their teams like Captains and Leaders. Different era. Only Manning compares today.

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 11:19 PM

Maddening.

True!

the Talking Can
11-19-2007, 11:20 PM

Maddening.

yup, they had it backwards...Huard should have been on leash because he sucked, Crolye should be allowed to go downfield....

dirk digler
11-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Oh man, glad you asked that! These guys called their own plays in the huddle! Imagine that!

They ran their teams like Captains and Leaders. Different era. Only Manning compares today.

Yep if I was an NFL head coach I would let and definitely want my QB calling the plays.

They try to make the game so much more complicated then it really is

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Yep if I was an NFL head coach I would let and definitely want my QB calling the plays.

They try to make the game so much more complicated then it really is

Part of Lenny's magic was hooking and jabbing a defense to death with his massive football knowledge. Just incredible. A completely different way of playing the game. QBs today have more plays to memorize but less opportunity to change the game with their feel for the way a contest in being played out. I miss it.

KCJohnny
11-20-2007, 12:21 AM
I figured either the Donks or Bolts would come on to win 9-10 games. Coaching and veteran leadership seem to have righted Denver's ship.

I have a lot of respect for Shanny.

Did I mention I hate Denver?