PDA

View Full Version : I watched some of the Bronco Game

HonestChieffan
11-20-2007, 06:18 AM
So Im sitting there watching this game last night and saw a couple things I just cant understand. They really were a bad team 3 weeks ago. They moved guys around and changed the Defense approach....what is this "change"? Is it OK to change an approach in mid season if what you are doing is not working? Or are there rules against that. I think the NFL should look into this.

Another thing. This quarteback guy. He was passing the ball toward the goal line. And sometimes they were long passes. The Chiefs dont do this. Is there a rule or something that keeps the Chiefs from doing that?

Last..I thought when it was 3rd down and like 6 that the best play is a draw or a run between tackles. Those Bronco guys passed a few times on the third downs and even on first down.

Just exactly what is going on here. Herm never told us a team can do this stuff.

Baconeater
11-20-2007, 06:25 AM
It's okaayyyy.

King_Chief_Fan
11-20-2007, 07:04 AM
So Im sitting there watching this game last night and saw a couple things I just cant understand. They really were a bad team 3 weeks ago. They moved guys around and changed the Defense approach....what is this "change"? Is it OK to change an approach in mid season if what you are doing is not working? Or are there rules against that. I think the NFL should look into this.

Another thing. This quarteback guy. He was passing the ball toward the goal line. And sometimes they were long passes. The Chiefs dont do this. Is there a rule or something that keeps the Chiefs from doing that?

Last..I thought when it was 3rd down and like 6 that the best play is a draw or a run between tackles. Those Bronco guys passed a few times on the third downs and even on first down.

Just exactly what is going on here. Herm never told us a team can do this stuff.

that is a comedy sketch waiting to happen.......you caused me to laugh

DaKCMan AP
11-20-2007, 07:07 AM
An anemic offense (Tennessee) helps a bad defense. The Titans average 19.8 ppg. They scored 20. The Donks O won the game.

bobbything
11-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Offense doesn't win games. Only defense. Offense hinders your ability to play defense, because, if your offense is on the field, that means your defense is on the sideline. And your defense can't win you any games if they're sitting on the sideline.

HonestChieffan
11-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Offense doesn't win games. Only defense. Offense hinders your ability to play defense, because, if your offense is on the field, that means your defense is on the sideline. And your defense can't win you any games if they're sitting on the sideline.

See, this is why I ask questions here. One can learn, grow, and become more aware by asking questions and listening to smart people give well crafted answers. Thank you. I can now go renew my drivers licence and my truck tags and not worry while I am in line. Than you so much.

bobbything
11-20-2007, 09:01 AM
See, this is why I ask questions here. One can learn, grow, and become more aware by asking questions and listening to smart people give well crafted answers. Thank you. I can now go renew my drivers licence and my truck tags and not worry while I am in line. Than you so much.
It's the truth. Just ask Herm.

Chief Henry
11-20-2007, 09:29 AM
KC couldn't stretch the field to save a drowning dog. We're lucky to complete passes to Gonzo
about 15-20 yards down field. Even with that,
Gonzo has to make circus catches and gets his azz handed to him. I can't beleave Gonzo hasn't had any broken ribs the last four to five seasons.

Dammit Carl

Skip Towne
11-20-2007, 09:33 AM
When you pass the ball 3 things can happen.....and two of them are bad.

ROYC75
11-20-2007, 09:44 AM

Uh, he did too tell us, That's Arena League Football .........

HonestChieffan
11-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Im starting to understand

tk13
11-20-2007, 01:37 PM
We tried to stretch the field against Denver. That's the funny thing. Huard threw an INT throwing a 40ish yard lob in the air down the left sideline. Croyle then later threw an INT trying to throw deep into a zone. Then we had that long pass that went off Bowe's(?) fingertips in the endzone. There was another play where Kennison was WIDE open streaking down the field for a 50-60 yard TD pass, and Huard just didn't see him.

That doesn't mean we should stop trying, obviously... but I think people are getting way too carried away. It was just a week ago we slung the ball all over the field, and just failed at it. That's just not Herm's fault.

HemiEd
11-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Shanahan having the "Time Out" thing blow up in his face, almost made that game worth watching.

The Broncos are clearly improving and are clearly ahead of the Chiefs in the "revamping" schedule.

I just hope like hell Herm proves me and some others wrong, and gets it done.