PDA

View Full Version : MU Getting 0 Props.....

petegz28
11-20-2007, 11:34 AM
WTF? I listened to KK yesterday among others all talk like this is an automatic route of MU.

Everyone is actling like KU is some unstoppable jugernaut.

Ask yourself what you think MU's record would be if they played O-State or Baylor instead of OU?

Ok there will be a few more KU fans at Arrowhead but I swear people are going off the end.

I have some reality for you ...

MU has beaten every team KU has beaten and by a wider point spread with the exception maybe of K-State.

Oh yeah, MU beat Illinois as well. Something all seem to over-look.

I don't want you KU fans getting mad when KU has to face real offensive players like Rucker, Maclin, Franklin, and that other Chase guy at TE.

MU is not Iowa State, Baylor, Nebraska, O-State.

So I think a lot of these talking heads might as well be salting their crow.

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Just sit low and wait till Saturday to expose it.

KC_Connection
11-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Inferiority complex.

DaKCMan AP
11-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Yep, zero props. Like a front page blurb and sports section front page article on a national newspaper.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4389060#post4389060

DenverDanChiefsFan
11-20-2007, 11:44 AM
:deevee::deevee::deevee:

petegz28
11-20-2007, 11:46 AM
I think the Gayhawks know they have not faced a good team yet.

bobbything
This is typical of MU fan. If you win on Saturday, talk all you want. You'll deserve it. If you lose, you were wrong and will piss and moan about a "fluke."

kepp
WTF? I listened to KK yesterday among others all talk like this is an automatic route of MU.

Ask yourself what you think MU's record would be if they played O-State or Baylor instead of OU?

Ok there will be a few more KU fans at Arrowhead but I swear people are going off the end.

MU has beaten every team KU has beaten and by a wider point spread with the exception maybe of K-State.

I don't want you KU fans getting mad when KU has to face real offensive players like Rucker, Maclin, Franklin, and that other Chase guy at TE.

KU only beat K-State in the last seconds by like 6 points.

KevB
There's not a single MU or KU fan that should be complaining about the "respect" they're being given. These are two schools with very little history of national relevance, and both schools are equally getting a ton of exposure nationally and locally. Any perceived slight is fabricated in your head.

petegz28
11-20-2007, 11:47 AM
This is typical of MU fan. If you win on Saturday, talk all you want. You'll deserve it. If you lose, you were wrong.

How is it typical of a MU fan when all we hear is how KU is going to stomp them?

Andyes if I lose I will be wrong. No problems owning up to that here.

petegz28
11-20-2007, 11:47 AM
There's not a single MU or KU fan that should be complaining about the "respect" they're being given. These are two schools with very little history of national relevance, and both schools are equally getting a ton of exposure nationally and locally. Any perceived slight is fabricated in your head.

I was referring more to the local talking heads.

bobbything
11-20-2007, 11:48 AM
KU has also held similar opponents to fewer points than MU did. So, what's the point? MU has a great offense. KU has a great defense. We'll see which one wins out on Saturday.

bobbything
11-20-2007, 11:50 AM
How is it typical of a MU fan when all we hear is how KU is going to stomp them?

Andyes if I lose I will be wrong. No problems owning up to that here.
I haven't listened to too much radio, however, the only person I've heard definitively say that KU will win is Keitzman. And I think he said it was gonna be about a 6 point game. Hardly a stomping.

I really don't think anyone believes it will be a stomping either way.

Valiant
11-20-2007, 11:52 AM
Meh if either one wins out they will be in the NC, so its a moot point...

I just hope it is either a great game Saturday or a blowout for Missouri, I tend to hate KU fans a bit more then MU fans.. of course all of you level headed KU fans are awesome though..

petegz28
11-20-2007, 11:52 AM
I haven't listened to too much radio, however, the only person I've heard definitively say that KU will win is Keitzman. And I think he said it was gonna be about a 6 point game. Hardly a stomping.

I really don't think anyone believes it will be a stomping either way.

Oh he was talking like MU better watch their ass. He totally flop flopped at the end where he said things like 6 points or whatever. But 90% of his rant was MU better watch their ass cause they can't come back against a D like KU.

LOL! MU has scored 30+ EVERY game this year. I am not worried about MU coming from behind unless they turn it over.

petegz28
11-20-2007, 11:55 AM
KU has also held similar opponents to fewer points than MU did. So, what's the point? MU has a great offense. KU has a great defense. We'll see which one wins out on Saturday.

That is why I said point spread. People getting TD's in mop up time when it matters not 1 iota don't really count.

KU has an above average D that has yet to face real talent in my opinion. You haven't played MU, you haven't played OU, you didn't play Illinois you have not played anyone in the top 10 at all have you?

bobbything
11-20-2007, 11:57 AM
of course all of you level headed KU fans are awesome though..
It's because none of us were prepared for this season. We were completely blindsided by it all.

I'm thoroughly enjoying every second of it. And if we end the season with a loss to MU, it will suck. Losing to MU always sucks. But, I'm looking at this season as a whole. A loss to a very good MU team does not = failure.

However, the way I see it, probably from my own red and blue goggles, is that if MU loses to KU, the season will be perceived as a failure by many MU fans. At least, that was the consensus as the CBE Classic last night.

I could be wrong though.

siberian khatru
11-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Good. I don't want them to get any respect going into that game. I want it to be all-KU, all the time. They're undefeated and higher ranked, they should be the focus of attention.

:evil:

bobbything
11-20-2007, 12:00 PM
KU has an above average D that has yet to face real talent in my opinion.
OSU has the top offense in the conference; as well as the most balanced. And is ranked slightly behind MU and KU in scoring offense at 39 ppg.

They're no slouch. Plus, KU played them in Stillwater.

Cochise
11-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Come on people. This is to our advantage. Just let it be. I hope the Jayhawks are lapping it up.

Don't cry about not getting any media hype, that's just weak. Who cares if ESPN thinks we're any good? They think Michael Vick is good too.

Jack Harry and Kevin Keitzman can shine KU's shoes all week long. Let the talking be done between the chalk on Saturday.

bobbything
11-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Come on people. This is to our advantage. Just let it be. I hope the Jayhawks are lapping it up.

Don't cry about not getting any media hype, that's just weak. Who cares if ESPN thinks we're any good? They think Michael Vick is good too.

Jack Harry and Kevin Keitzman can shine KU's shoes all week long. Let the talking be done between the chalk on Saturday.
I agree. I have been very careful of my thread reading and radio listening this week. I got my tickets for this game 3 months ago for $25. I could probably sell it now for about $400.

I can't wait for this.

Sure-Oz
11-20-2007, 12:21 PM
I could care less, its pretty ****ed up when people in missouri are talking about KU more than their school, go move to ks then. 90% of my friends are ku fans, i just chose not to ride the bandwagon, and yet this season they were fans of OTHER football teams previously but all the sudden they've always loved KU football, wtf ever.

Go Mizzou, im so ready.

bobbything
11-20-2007, 12:27 PM
and yet this season they were fans of OTHER football teams previously but all the sudden they've always loved KU football, wtf ever.
That's messed up. 90% of my friends are KU fans as well and I don't know a one that would jump ship for another team only to jump back on when KU starts winning.

I will say that, naturally, everyone's interest is peaked because of the season. However, that's natural. When you've been as awful as the Hawks have been in recent years, a season like this will get people talking again.

DaKCMan AP
11-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Unbelievable how sensitive you are to what a goon like KK says.

Sure-Oz
11-20-2007, 12:30 PM
That's messed up. 90% of my friends are KU fans as well and I don't know a one that would jump ship for another team only to jump back on when KU starts winning.

I will say that, naturally, everyone's interest is peaked because of the season. However, that's natural. When you've been as awful as the Hawks have been in recent years, a season like this will get people talking again.
Quite annoying, their allegance to KU basketball is unquestioned i'll give them that.

|Zach|
11-20-2007, 12:31 PM
I haven't felt all that disrespected. Just anxious for Saturday. Hey lets get some music in here!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tK3Ce9md96g&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tK3Ce9md96g&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Cochise
11-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Unbelievable how sensitive you are to what a goon like KK says.

And what's sad is that one whiner posts a thread like this, and all the people from the other side are like "MU fans are such whiners. Lolz"

|Zach|
11-20-2007, 12:34 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dt1fB62cGbo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dt1fB62cGbo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

xbarretx
11-20-2007, 12:36 PM
This is typical of MU fan. If you win on Saturday, talk all you want. You'll deserve it. If you lose, you were wrong and will piss and moan about a "fluke."

This is typical of KU fan. If you win on Saturday, talk all you want. You'll deserve it. If you lose, you were wrong and will piss and moan about a "fluke. ;)

|Zach|
11-20-2007, 12:36 PM
From being on this board I have found that anyone who wants to become a victim of the media will be able too. College or pros, it doesn't matter...some people just seek it out.

I guarantee you there are Patriots fans right now that feel the media slights them all the time.

chagrin
11-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Either way the NC game will be a route, and boring as hell, oh except for in Kansas or Missouri :rolleyes:

|Zach|
11-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Either way the NC game will be a route, and boring as hell, oh except for in Kansas or Missouri :rolleyes:
LSU has one loss and has been squeaking by all season. A route? Not likely.

ROYC75
11-20-2007, 12:44 PM
It's because none of us were prepared for this season. We were completely blindsided by it all.

I'm thoroughly enjoying every second of it. And if we end the season with a loss to MU, it will suck. Losing to MU always sucks. But, I'm looking at this season as a whole. A loss to a very good MU team does not = failure.

However, the way I see it, probably from my own red and blue goggles, is that if MU loses to KU, the season will be perceived as a failure by many MU fans. At least, that was the consensus as the CBE Classic last night.

I could be wrong though.

Ding ding ding...... The way I feel !

chagrin
11-20-2007, 12:44 PM

You have your opinion, I have mine. I happen to think MU is a slow football team and won't be able to keep up physically, I'm not just saying this to be anti MU - it's just what I think. Besides, LSU plays a much tougher schedule than MU, and they do it each and every week.

bobbything
11-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Wrong. Won't be a blowout regardless of who gets there. LSU doesn't win that way.

Cochise
11-20-2007, 12:45 PM
It's "rout", you guys ;)

chagrin
11-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Wrong. Won't be a blowout regardless of who gets there. LSU doesn't win that way.

again, just my opinion - we'll see.

DaKCMan AP

Last year Florida had 1 loss and squeaked by all season (21-20 at Tennessee, 21-14 over Georgia, 25-19 at Vandy, 17-16 over SC, 21-14 over FSU).

I wouldn't put much stock into taking how LSU's performed against other SEC teams and extrapolating that to OOC opponents.

chagrin
It's "rout", you guys ;)

thanks, heh

|Zach|
You have your opinion, I have mine. I happen to think MU is a slow football team and won't be able to keep up physically, I'm not just saying this to be anti MU - it's just what I think.
No biggie. You will have a lot of company in being wrong about these teams. From the beginning of the season to the present.

DaKCMan AP
11-20-2007, 12:47 PM

Tell that to Va Tech, the #8 team in the country.

DMAC
11-20-2007, 12:48 PM
EXCELLENT

BigCatDaddy
11-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Didn't KK say this right after he stated the Herm coached a brillant game on Sunday? Can't really take much of what he says to serious.

chagrin
11-20-2007, 12:49 PM
No biggie. You will have a lot of company in being wrong about these teams. From the beginning of the season to the present.

I'll say this though, I am all for parity, I jsut would like to see it for the right reasons. These divisions trade off every 10 years or so, maybe it's MU's turn; that would be fine with me.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Doesn't matter to Peterson, he'll be taping the crowd noise

|Zach|
11-20-2007, 12:51 PM
and they do it each and every week.
When I was in Columbia watching the Tigers play Texas A&M LSU was playing LA-Tech. Each and every week...meh. Both teams beat Ol' Miss.

Sure-Oz
11-20-2007, 12:52 PM
You have your opinion, I have mine. I happen to think MU is a slow football team and won't be able to keep up physically, I'm not just saying this to be anti MU - it's just what I think. Besides, LSU plays a much tougher schedule than MU, and they do it each and every week.
SLOW?? ROFL

|Zach|
11-20-2007, 12:53 PM
SLOW?? ROFL
Seriously...of all the things you could slam Missouri for. Slow was picked. Amazing.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="300" data="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=372602&amp;server=www.vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=01AAEA"> <param name="quality" value="best" /> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="scale" value="showAll" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=372602&amp;server=www.vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=01AAEA" /></object>

DaKCMan AP
11-20-2007, 12:54 PM
When I was in Columbia watching the Tigers play Texas A&M LSU was playing LA-Tech. Each and every week...meh. Both teams beat Ol' Miss.

Do you really want to compare LSU's schedule to that of MU/KU? They've played 6 ranked opponents the lowest at the time being #17.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2007, 12:54 PM
that's not even remotely close to what KK said ......

he said that it would be close but they thought that kansas would win because they make less mistakes.

hardly disrespecting MU

quit crying

|Zach|
11-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Do you really want to compare LSU's schedule to that of MU/KU? They've played 6 ranked opponents the lowest at the time being #17.
Sometimes I can't even believe us little guys are allowed to play on the same field as SEC teams.

DaKCMan AP
11-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Sometimes I can't even believe us little guys are allowed to play on the same field as SEC teams.

LMAO

You make claims and when they're refuted with facts you play victim. Nice.

Last year Florida had 1 loss and squeaked by all season (21-20 at Tennessee, 21-14 over Georgia, 25-19 at Vandy, 17-16 over SC, 21-14 over FSU).

I wouldn't put much stock into taking how LSU's performed against other SEC teams and extrapolating that to OOC opponents. Look at what they did to Virginia Tech.

LSU has played 6 ranked teams, highest being #17. Mizzou's played 3, two of them being #25 and #24.

|Zach|
11-20-2007, 01:02 PM
LMAO

You make claims and when they're refuted with facts you play victim. Nice.

I wouldn't put much stock into taking how LSU's performed against other SEC teams and extrapolating that to OOC opponents. Look at what they did to Virginia Tech.

LSU has played 6 ranked teams, highest being #17. Mizzou's played 3, two of them being #25 and #24.
What claims did I make?

The only claim I made was when I was Columbia watching Missouri play Texas A&M LSU was playing LA-Tech. And that is indeed a fact. :hmmm:

|Zach|
11-20-2007, 01:03 PM
What claims did I make?

The only claim I made was when I was Columbia watching Missouri play Texas A&M LSU was playing LA-Tech. And that is indeed a fact. :hmmm:
Wait, my bad...

I also claimed both teams beat Ole Miss.

They did.

MTG#10
11-20-2007, 01:06 PM
We'll get our props after we win the national championship game. I can wait until then.

DaKCMan AP
11-20-2007, 01:06 PM
What claims did I make?

How about the claim "LSU has one loss and has been squeaking by all season."

They've outscored their opponents 440-185 on the season. The closest an unranked opponent has been is 17 points. They outscored then #9 and now #8 Va Tech 48-7.

|Zach|
11-20-2007, 01:11 PM
How about the claim "LSU has one loss and has been squeaking by all season."

They've outscored their opponents 440-185 on the season. The closest an unranked opponent has been is 17 points. They outscored then #9 and now #8 Va Tech 48-7.
I am looking at a 4 wins of 7 points or less and a loss. It is no big deal...they are still wins. It just seems every time I look up LSU is barely beating someone. Doesn't seem like they are the juggernaut some want to paint them to be. Be proud of all those games where LSU is squeaking by. They deserve the wins.

DaKCMan AP
11-20-2007, 01:13 PM
I am looking at a 4 wins of 7 points or less and a loss. It is no big deal...they are still wins. It just seems every time I look up LSU is barely beating someone. Doesn't seem like they are the juggernaut some want to paint them to be. Be proud of all those games where LSU is squeaking by. They deserve the wins.

The problem is that those are good teams they're beating by a small margin. They've destroyed every out-of-conference opponent and have defeated all unranked conference opponents by a minimum of 3 scores.

CupidStunt
11-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Take a look outside of ChiefsPlanet.

General sports forums I post on are LARGELY choosing MU to win, and in many cases comfortably.

|Zach|
11-20-2007, 01:14 PM
The problem is that those are good teams they're beating by a small margin. They've destroyed every out-of-conference opponent and have defeated all unranked conference opponents by a minimum of 3 scores.
Thats great. And really, we really appreciate you guys letting us play on the same field. ROFL

beer bacon
11-20-2007, 01:14 PM
that's not even remotely close to what KK said ......

he said that it would be close but they thought that kansas would win because they make less mistakes.

hardly disrespecting MU

quit crying

Keitzman's problem is that he acts like MU is extremely mistake prone. It is fine to give KU props for their excellent turnover margin, but MU is no slouch either. Listening to KK, the average viewer would think MU is in the negative on T/Os. MU is +10: #2 in the Big 12 and #12 in the country.

Skip Towne
11-20-2007, 01:19 PM
It's "rout", you guys ;)
And juggernaut

Valiant
11-20-2007, 01:21 PM

Quite a few people on here in the past said they were KU basketball fans only, basically because KU never really had a decent football program for so long and they were ashamed of it.. So I can actually believe what he said/wrote..

Valiant
11-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Keitzman's problem is that he acts like MU is extremely mistake prone. It is fine to give KU props for their excellent turnover margin, but MU is no slouch either. Listening to KK, the average viewer would think MU is in the negative on T/Os. MU is +10: #2 in the Big 12 and #12 in the country.

Well maybe the only game he watched was the Oklahoma game.. MU gave that game away with mistakes...

underEJ
11-20-2007, 01:26 PM

Average viewers don't really listen to local sports radio. Local fans with an established point of view do.

I have tried to listen to some sports radio, and I'm no average viewer, but I just can't understand why. Is it just to keep the excitement and interest going leading up to a big game? Or are people listening to hear their own opinions confirmed by so called experts?

What's the draw to on air personalities? And are there any really good ones that can inform without prejudice? I'd be curious about local and national. Who's good at this?

beer bacon
11-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Well maybe the only game he watched was the Oklahoma game.. MU gave that game away with mistakes...

He has used the K-State game as an example a couple times, but MU was +2 in T/Os that game.

HonestChieffan
11-20-2007, 01:35 PM
I think you are right. What we are seeing is a national manifestation of the deep seated underlying disrespect people have for MU. It sucks to be so hated and have such low regard among so many people. No wonder MU fan feels so put upon.
Its just Not fair that people are nicer to KU, seem to like Mangino more than Pinkel, and seem so willing to say nice stuff about KU.

Im in distress over this entire thing.

WilliamTheIrish
11-20-2007, 01:51 PM

Typical KU fan. Pointing fingers everywhere but within. I'm still hearing the "Crying game" from KU fans over KU having to play UCLA in San Jose.

WilliamTheIrish
11-20-2007, 01:54 PM
I could care less, its pretty ****ed up when people in missouri are talking about KU more than their school, go move to ks then. 90% of my friends are ku fans, i just chose not to ride the bandwagon, and yet this season they were fans of OTHER football teams previously but all the sudden they've always loved KU football, wtf ever.

Go Mizzou, im so ready.

Now be honest. Skip, ROY, and Ari are the ones who never found their way inside inside the "big concrete thingy" on the KU campus.

HonestChieffan
11-20-2007, 01:55 PM
All this talk, such hate filled over a silly damn football game. Why cant MU Fan recognize KU is on a roll and thats good...and KU fan recognize MU for a good team. All this pent up anti KU stuff is based on KU being an elite basketball program. Get over it, enjoy the moment.

bobbything
11-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Typical KU fan. Pointing fingers everywhere but within. I'm still hearing the "Crying game" from KU fans over KU having to play UCLA in San Jose.
Hey, if we lose, I'll find no shame in that. I won't enjoy it (considering the opponent), but I've enjoyed this ride too much to let an MU fan bring me down.

The KU fans that you hear bitching about playing in Cali last year are morons. Yeah, it sucked, but it had no bearing on why they lost.

Lzen
11-20-2007, 01:58 PM

Ummm, that is stupid. First, I don't know what local stations you're listening to but the ones I listen to aren't dogging MU by any means. And KU beat NU and ISU by wider margins than MU. I don't think any of that will have a bearing on the game Saturday, though.

Lzen
11-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Oh he was talking like MU better watch their ass. He totally flop flopped at the end where he said things like 6 points or whatever. But 90% of his rant was MU better watch their ass cause they can't come back against a D like KU.

LOL! MU has scored 30+ EVERY game this year. I am not worried about MU coming from behind unless they turn it over.

First off, we all know KK is a moron. Second........ummm.....well, that's all.

ROYC75
11-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Best advise I can give to my fellow Jayhawk friends....... Let the Tiggers cry all they want. Who cares ? Soon this he said / she said stuff will be over and the winner moves on, the loser waits a few more weeks to play again......

HonestChieffan
11-20-2007, 02:06 PM
The inferiority complex in Columbia will be so out of control if they get whipped by KU. Taking the basketball envy program to new heights.

Fun to watch all this.

Lzen
11-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Quite a few people on here in the past said they were KU basketball fans only, basically because KU never really had a decent football program for so long and they were ashamed of it.. So I can actually believe what he said/wrote..

There were a couple of KU fans like that. I would not call that quite a few. FTR, I have always been true to KU football as well as basketball. Yeah, Terry Allen's regime was an embarrassment. It was painful to be a KU football fan in those days. KU fans didn't talk much in those days because we could not talk. Everything bad said about our team then was true. :(

KILLER_CLOWN
11-20-2007, 02:23 PM
I bleed Crimson and Blue and have/will never waiver. Then again i've never liked bandwagoneers, and honestly as a Chiefs fan how could we have any bandwagoneers?

redbrian
11-20-2007, 02:30 PM

Great defense.....pfft I think not, above avg at best.

Thig Lyfe
11-20-2007, 02:33 PM
KU isn't letting themselves believe the hype. This is a good team, good enough that the "weak schedule" argument doesn't apply. They'll show up, play the game, and win.

Sure-Oz
11-20-2007, 02:34 PM
KU isn't letting themselves believe the hype. This is a good team, good enough that the "weak schedule" argument doesn't apply. They'll show up, play the game, and win.
They're on Sportsillustrated cover for cryin' outloud!!!!!!!!!111111111111

bobbything
11-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Great defense.....pfft I think not, above avg at best.
http://www.hhv.de/images/stuff/36098_02.jpg

DaKCMan AP
11-20-2007, 02:37 PM
This is a good team, good enough that the "weak schedule" argument doesn't apply.

Actually, the weak schedule argument does apply until they "show up, play the game, and win."

Skip Towne
11-20-2007, 02:38 PM
KSU never has to worry about things like that since they never make the Dance. So they have to go around trying to find something wrong with the other teams.

Que Card QB
11-20-2007, 03:00 PM
I agree MU is not getting as much credit, but zero? ESPN just wrote a great piece on Daniel and Reesing. Go to the cover page of ESPN/college fb home--MU and KU, "Border War", front and center--"Missouri has the talent to beat Kansas...."

Kansas is the Cinderella (or Dorthy with ruby slippers if you prefer). No one, including Kansas ever expected them to be here.

I think both sides ought to appreciate their accomplishments this year. What are the chances of us ever seeing both teams play for a chance at the national championship again? Pretty slim I'd say.

WilliamTheIrish
11-20-2007, 03:45 PM
KSU never has to worry about things like that since they never make the Dance. So they have to go around trying to find something wrong with the other teams.

KSU has made the Dance several times. And I'm not pointing out anything about the teams themselves. Just the select few on this BB that until a few weeks ago had no interest in CFB.

petegz28
11-20-2007, 10:26 PM
I agree MU is not getting as much credit, but zero? ESPN just wrote a great piece on Daniel and Reesing. Go to the cover page of ESPN/college fb home--MU and KU, "Border War", front and center--"Missouri has the talent to beat Kansas...."

Kansas is the Cinderella (or Dorthy with ruby slippers if you prefer). No one, including Kansas ever expected them to be here.

I think both sides ought to appreciate their accomplishments this year. What are the chances of us ever seeing both teams play for a chance at the national championship again? Pretty slim I'd say.

A) Who expected MU to be here?
B) How can you not expect to be here as a KU fan when you have a cheese schedule?

KChiefs1
11-23-2007, 09:10 PM
A lot on the line tomorrow night:

Big 12 North Champion
Possible Big 12 Champion
Heisman Trophy
Coach of the Year
BCS Bowl game
National Championship

Could tomorrow's game get any bigger???????

BigRock
11-23-2007, 09:17 PM
I caught Around the Horn on ESPN on Wednesday, and I think all 4 guys on the panel picked MU to win. So they're getting some props.

Third Eye
11-23-2007, 09:22 PM
There were a couple of KU fans like that. I would not call that quite a few. FTR, I have always been true to KU football as well as basketball. Yeah, Terry Allen's regime was an embarrassment. It was painful to be a KU football fan in those days. KU fans didn't talk much in those days because we could not talk. Everything bad said about our team then was true. :(
My buddy was the starting QB for Terry Allen for a couple years. I felt so bad for him when he bacame the starter and every one of his O linemen starters were walk-ons, not one single scholarship player. He got crushed against Nebraska.

To the OP- I understand what you are saying, there is a lot of KU press, however, almost every talking head I've seen has picked Mizzou to win. KU just makes a better story. People were talking about MU contending for the north before the season, but NOBODY was talking about KU.

Mecca
11-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Mark May thinks Missouri is winning too.......

Guru
11-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Damn people. Just let them play the game and quit bitchin and moaning about everything everyone else says. Nobody can predict worth shit this season anyway.

Whatever happens happens. Both teams are overdue and both deserve the props they are getting.

Mr. Laz
11-23-2007, 09:32 PM

mizzou is getting plenty of props

MU fans are the kings of talking smack AND playing the victim card at the same time.

"we are #1, we are the best, you guys suck .......... why doesn't anyone respect us?!?! :deevee: "

:rolleyes:

Third Eye
11-23-2007, 09:36 PM
mizzou is getting plenty of props

MU fans are the kings of talking smack AND playing the victim card at the same time.

"we are #1, we are the best, you guys suck .......... why doesn't anyone respect us?!?! :deevee: "

:rolleyes:
Yeah, KU fans never do that. :rolleyes:

Mr. Laz
11-23-2007, 09:37 PM
a more fitting name for you would be BROWN eye

........... next!!

Guru
11-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Nah, most KU fans seem to think the refs are always out to get them.

Third Eye
11-23-2007, 09:41 PM
a more fitting name for you would be BROWN eye

........... next!!
Wow! How original. Nobody (definitely not on this board, or at least not more than twice) has ever said that before.

barry_smilez20
11-23-2007, 09:41 PM
MU should'nt get any respect the manginos will dominate

KCFalcon59
11-23-2007, 09:47 PM

Cool. That means KU has a chance. May is a god damned idiot.

Mecca
11-23-2007, 09:56 PM
Cool. That means KU has a chance. May is a god damned idiot.

Lou Holtz picked Kansas so guess again.......May is brilliant compared to him.

Also my favorite were the KU fans who before this year said things like "we don't care about football it's about basketball" and now that tune is completely different and they act like they've always been there.

|Zach|
11-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Yea, **** the SEC. May this thread live forever it its glory.

Jayhawkerman2001
11-24-2007, 12:07 AM
jesus christo, both MU and KU are getting a lot more attention that we could have ever dreamed of.

Jayhawkerman2001
11-24-2007, 12:08 AM

Also my favorite were the KU fans who before this year said things like "we don't care about football it's about basketball" and now that tune is completely different and they act like they've always been there.

kstate fans doing the exact same thing with basketball now.

Lzen
11-24-2007, 08:23 AM

You mean the same Lou Holtz that said KU is the #2 team in the country earlier this season and everyone said he was crazy? Yeah, he sure whiffed on that one. ROFL

KCFalcon59
11-24-2007, 08:33 AM

Doens't change anything, I have never relied on Lou Holtz for his analysis so your point is moot. May is a prick. Always has been.