PDA

View Full Version : So about the O-line....

talastan
11-20-2007, 11:12 AM
I keep hearing about how it would be better to put Svitek in at RT. How about we put Niswanger at RG and Herb Taylor at RT. We can also take Micheal Allan and bring him in for Dunn. I don't have anything against Jason, but after these past few injuries he just isn't the same in blocking that he once was. What do you guys think? :hmmm:

Count Zarth
11-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Allan is a horrible blocker.

talastan
11-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Allan is a horrible blocker.
He didn't seem to miss that many blocks when he was in preseason. Granted different situation but you never know until you play him.

Count Zarth
11-20-2007, 11:16 AM
He didn't seem to miss that many blocks when he was in preseason.

Dude, he's horrible. I watched him every day in training camp. His upper body strength needs a lot of work. He's nowhere close to replacing Dunn at this point.

John_Wayne
11-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Where is Michael Allen?

talastan
11-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Practice Squad I think....

El Jefe
11-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Dude, he's horrible. I watched him every day in training camp. His upper body strength needs a lot of work. He's nowhere close to replacing Dunn at this point.

I kind of figured that, because Allan didn't play at a big time program and it's only his rookie year. Dunn may be on the downside but he is a big physical guy, he has earned his spot over the years, so Allan is just emabrking on the adventure.

tooge
11-20-2007, 12:12 PM
I agree with some of that. Herb Taylor was a stud at TCU playing left tackle. Why not let him try right? Or, Svitek at right and Taylor guard. Crap, try anything different. Isn't the definition of insanity trying the same thing over and over and never getting any different results?

DaKCMan AP
11-20-2007, 12:21 PM
I always thought Niswanger was going to be our CoTF, not OG.

SNR
11-20-2007, 12:44 PM
I agree with some of that. Herb Taylor was a stud at TCU playing left tackle. Why not let him try right? Or, Svitek at right and Taylor guard. Crap, try anything different. Isn't the definition of insanity trying the same thing over and over and never getting any different results?This makes me concerned. Jordan Black was a great prospect coming out of college too, then we tried moving him around back and forth to different positions.

Taylor has the potential to start at any one position. We need to give him the best shot to do that, and not encourage him to be the next Chris Bober

Mr. Laz
11-20-2007, 12:56 PM
i've seen nothing from svitek to indicate that he's capable of starting at the NFL level at any position.

CupidStunt
11-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Sixth round pick Texas Christian offensive tackle Herbert Taylor lacks prototypical size for the position, but has first rate technical skills at offensive tackle. If Taylor were 3 inches taller, I believe he would have been a first round pick.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/draftgrades07.htm

I doubt it, but he should get some playing time over the shit we have right now, ala Niswanger.

The whole point in a season like this is to find out if any of the young guys have talent.