PDA

View Full Version : Report: Women ritually harassed during Jets halftime

DaKCMan AP
11-21-2007, 06:01 AM
South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Report: Women ritually harassed during Jets halftime

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

8:43 AM EST, November 20, 2007

Some Jets fans don't head to the food concessions or bathrooms during halftime at Giants Stadium.

The New York Times reports they gather on a pedestrian ramp at Gate D and engage in an obscenity-laced chant for women to expose their breasts.

At Sunday's Pittsburgh game, the gathering lasted about 20 minutes. The newspaper says there was a roar when at least one woman complied.

The Times said that one woman who did not comply had plastic beer bottles and spit hurled at her from above.

One clip posted on YouTube shows a woman being groped by a man.

The New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority says it's aware of the behavior. But security vice president Patrick Aramini was unsure how he could discourage the behavior.

"The problem is, you got to watch four or five hundred people sometimes in the one particular spiral," Aramini said.

"What do we do, arrest everybody that starts chanting?"

The newspaper says a reporter who tried to interview two security guards was detained, threatened with arrest and asked to hand over his tape recorder.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/ny-spjsex1120,0,3132408,print.story

Amnorix
11-21-2007, 06:11 AM
Wow. I can't believe the people in charge are taking such a limp-wristed approach to this. "What can we do?! waaah waaah wahhh" Pathetic.

Otter
11-21-2007, 06:18 AM
Wow. I can't believe the people in charge are taking such a limp-wristed approach to this. "What can we do?! waaah waaah wahhh" Pathetic.

Herm is still with the Jets in some ways.

jjjayb
11-21-2007, 06:28 AM
Herm is still with the Jets in some ways.
ROFL

scott free
11-21-2007, 06:45 AM
..No more free titties for you Bill Parcells :) .

Mile High Mania
11-21-2007, 06:57 AM
Now that it's made the papers... some lawyer will find a handful of women to file a lawsuit and "voila" ... that's the attention getter.

BigRedChief
11-21-2007, 07:00 AM
Wow. I can't believe the people in charge are taking such a limp-wristed approach to this. "What can we do?! waaah waaah wahhh" Pathetic.UHHHHHH obvious reason #1. What's the problem here?

Where do you think we are? Saudia Arabia? Where a women gets kidnapped, beaten up and gang raped by 7 men over two days and then gets 200 lashes and 6 months in jail for not having a male escourt or here in the good ole USA where we just whistle, cat call and grab our crotches. We are much more advanced as a society.:harumph:

Women are objects, not people.

Cro-magnum man
http://www.waynebesen.com/uploaded_images/ist2_686900_caveman-773739.jpg

Radar Chief
11-21-2007, 07:07 AM
..No more free titties for you Bill Parcells :) .

I saw this on the news yesterday and thatís the first person I thought of too. IIRC, heís got some video of what goes on there in the Pictures forum.

scott free
11-21-2007, 07:09 AM
I saw this on the news yesterday and thatís the first person I thought of too. IIRC, heís got some video of what goes on there in the Pictures forum.

Yeah, its apparently the main halftime attraction.

Inspector
11-21-2007, 07:22 AM
They probably shouldn't perform rituals. That takes too much attention away from the task at hand.

John_Wayne
11-21-2007, 07:43 AM
My cousin is a NYC police officer and works at the stadiums for OT. I'll have to find out the inside scoop on this.