PDA

View Full Version : Best Available Free Agents

Hal McRae
11-21-2007, 09:32 AM
Offensively, we could use some lineman....It would be great to get Lilja back, or maybe get Faneca in here at guard....Tackle is "iffy", because this group doesn't look great...Good news is some productive, backup type RB's can be found.

Offense: http://www.draftdaddy.com/nfldraft/freeagentoffense.cfm

On defense, the focus has to be keeping Jared, as the pickens are slim at DE....But CB looks strong, so maybe a Marcus Trufant is a possibility?

Defense: http://www.draftdaddy.com/nfldraft/freeagentdefense.cfm

DaKCMan AP
11-21-2007, 09:32 AM
Max Starks, please

Zouk
11-21-2007, 09:50 AM
Max Starks, please

Rated below Kyle Turley - now that's an insult.

I like Bryant Johnson WR Arizona and Jake Scott RG Indianapolis.

DaKCMan AP
11-21-2007, 09:53 AM

Yeah, I don't agree with their rankings. They have Chris Terry as the #5 tackle. LMAO

DaKCMan AP
11-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Steelers LT Marvel Smith is out tonight and Max Starks will start in his place. The field looks terrible so there may be bad footing, but keep an eye on Starks tonight. I think he'd be an excellent addition to the O-Line next year.

OnTheWarpath58
11-26-2007, 06:38 PM

There is no way that Indy doesn't retain Scott, IMO.

RJ
11-26-2007, 06:42 PM

I don't think Indy will lose Scott but I like the idea of getting Johnson. I think he's better than the third receiver role he plays for the Cardinals and I'd love to see him prove it as a Chief.

Sure-Oz
11-26-2007, 06:42 PM
I think we should grab Johnson from ARZ as well

ChiefsCountry
11-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Lilja would be a nice pickup. Young guard who we can build for the future. Please no old guys this year, Donnie Edwards was what the defense needed but the offense doesnt.

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Johnson's definitely worth a look.

The rest - blah.

Faneca's a hundred years old. Starks is a right tackle and the Chiefs should draft a right tackle or move D-Mac to right and draft a left tackle.

Please, no more patchwork offensive lineman!

DaKCMan AP
11-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Johnson's definitely worth a look.

The rest - blah.

Faneca's a hundred years old. Starks is a right tackle and the Chiefs should draft a right tackle or move D-Mac to right and draft a left tackle.

Please, no more patchwork offensive lineman!

So what if Starks is a RT? He's 25 years old. He can fill a position of need and we can draft a different position.

BTW, tonight he'll be playing LT against Jason Taylor.

OctoberFart
11-26-2007, 06:46 PM
The fact that they even have Kwame Harris on a list makes the list lose all credibility.

BigRock
11-26-2007, 06:51 PM
I agree, but Indy does have some guys they need to re-sign who won't come cheap... mainly Bob Sanders, but Dallas Clark, too. So it's possible some other FAs could slip through the cracks. With the money they have tied up in Manning, Freeney, etc., something has to give somewhere. They'd probably let Lilja go before Scott, though.

Zouk
11-26-2007, 06:51 PM

Oh I disagree bigtime. They have so much $ tied up in Manning, Harrison, Wayne, and Freeney that they have all kinds of tough decisions to make. I don't think they can pay market rate for both Lilja and Scott. They'll have to choose between the two, and I think they'll choose Lilja. Scott fits better for us anyway as Lilja has never played right guard. Neither has Alan Fancea for that matter. I really don't like the idea of paying big money to a guy and then changing his position.

And Max Starks lost his job in training camp to a 4th round pick from Hofstra. Teams that give significant free agency money to players benched by smart teams like the Steelers are also making mistakes, in my opinion.

Bryant Johnson I find intriguing because he's kind of caught behind Boldin and Fitzgerald, but he flashes when given the opportunity. Arizona likely won't pay him with the two receivers ahead of him. He's the kind of guy free agency was made for.

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2007, 06:53 PM
So what if Starks is a RT? He's 25 years old. He can fill a position of need and we can draft a different position.

BTW, tonight he'll be playing LT against Jason Taylor.

I'd rather see the Chiefs draft an offensive lineman than pay out a ton of money to someone that was developed for another system.

the Talking Can
11-26-2007, 07:14 PM
no old FA's....please, unless they are dirt cheap

UteChief
11-26-2007, 07:46 PM
What about Gross?

MGRS13
11-26-2007, 07:56 PM
i like both Lilja and Scott but Starks is playing very well right now. Starks isnt Roaf but minus Waters are whole O line should be replaced. Mcintosh has to be the worst free agent signed by any team last year.

Gonzo
11-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Key Fox is on the list...We better re-sign right away!!!!

DaKCMan AP
11-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Starks is playing outstanding. He is #1 on my FA wish list.

OctoberFart
11-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Mcintosh has to be the worst free agent signed by any team last year.

Just ask GOQUEER as he was pimping him all year. He called me a moron for telling him that good LT's don't hit the market without injury concerns.

Tribal Warfare
11-26-2007, 11:01 PM
I'd rather see the Chiefs draft an offensive lineman

that's a good way to reach,I'd draft an OL if they were the BPA