We traded what was another RB
We drafted a kicker that can't cut it
We signed another kicker that can't cut it
We waited until 9 games to start our starting QB
We have a coach that is scared to win
We have an OC that doesn't know shit
We have 3 guys on our O Line that have no business in football anymore
We have a GM that has ****ed us the last few years

Really I cannot remember a worse year for the chiefs since the 80's.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-21-2007, 01:24 PM
Tom Brady asks, so?

Rain Man
11-21-2007, 01:24 PM
I would be open to considering a coaching change.

TEX
11-21-2007, 01:31 PM
We lose our starting RB
We lose our star backup RB

And the worst part about all that is Herm Edwards is the HC. I keep telling myself that I've almost made it half way - if I can only hold on. :banghead:

FAX
11-21-2007, 01:34 PM
Wherever Herm goes, injuries follow. Coincidence? I think not. He is in need of a Karma enema.

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
11-21-2007, 01:35 PM
And we can still win the division!

TEX
Wherever Herm goes, injuries follow. Coincidence? I think not. He is in need of a Karma enema.

FAX

I hope those that matter remember that we were $UCKING A$$ before all the injuries as well.

Radar Chief
Well, arenít you just a ray of sunshine.

bobbything
11-21-2007, 01:39 PM
http://cns2.uni.edu/~wallingf/blog-images/humor/death-by-risk-aversion.jpg

FAX
11-21-2007, 01:41 PM
I hope those that matter remember that we were $UCKING A$$ before all the injuries as well.

Good point, Mr. TEX. I don't like the idea of Herm getting a pass due to these injuries. Unfortunately, he probably will and that's one of the ways the FO will spin it.

FAX

talastan
11-21-2007, 01:53 PM
We lose our starting RB

Super Bowl....Print em!! Just kidding :rolleyes:

I think this is going to be a typical rebuilding year. This is what we expected whether we like it or not. Lots of people were saying LJ or Priest could/would get injured. We knew that the King wouldn't allow Brodie to play until it was too late. ETC, ETC, ETC,.....

This doesn't come as any surprise to me. I just want to try and see what all this young talent can really do. Kolby, Herb, and the other young guys shouldn't have any excuse after this year about not being able to play. Provided the front office gives them a shot. I think we could possibly shore up a few of our O-Line problems especially by putting in Herb for the Turley/Terry RT failure club.

StcChief
11-21-2007, 02:16 PM
play the young guys... let's see what everybodies got.
3-3 at best the rest of the way

Messier
11-21-2007, 02:18 PM
We lose our starting RB

Herm isn't scared to win. He just wants to win his way, 13-10. It's also how he loses. It's just diffrent, but it's a way to always be in games. He doesn't get blown out often. It's diffrent than Vermeil, so what.
They'll win more when they have a line that can run block.

Micjones
11-21-2007, 03:06 PM
I would be open to considering a coaching change.

I wouldn't mind hanging on to Edwards if we can find a capable OC.

NUMBER7
11-21-2007, 03:07 PM

FAX

Karma enema...classic, thanks Fax.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Sanka
11-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Stop the bitching, all that matters from here on out is how well Brodie develops and what kind of chemistry he builds with Bowe. From the start of the season my expectations were not high(even lower when I knew Horrid was our starting QB). If the Chiefs can make the playoffs with Brodie starting, to me, thats a step in the right direction.

Ecto-I
11-21-2007, 04:27 PM
You forgot:
- Our best defensive player was suspended two games
- Our corners are showing their age
- Our (former) number 1 receiver has missed half the season.

petegz28
11-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Stop the bitching, all that matters from here on out is how well Brodie develops and what kind of chemistry he builds with Bowe. From the start of the season my expectations were not high(even lower when I knew Horrid was our starting QB). If the Chiefs can make the playoffs with Brodie starting, to me, thats a step in the right direction.

'scuse me? Baking Powder?

How the **** do you develop a QB when you only run quick hits to WR's and an occasional fade route once a half?

Chiefs make the playoffs?

How about Chiefs make it to 5 wins first?

Messier
11-21-2007, 06:27 PM
'scuse me? Baking Powder?

How the **** do you develop a QB when you only run quick hits to WR's and an occasional fade route once a half?

Chiefs make the playoffs?

How about Chiefs make it to 5 wins first?

So, how do you develop a QB? I'm sure there many coaches and gms that would like to know that surefire, can't miss way to develop a qb.

CoMoChief
11-21-2007, 06:33 PM
What a false sense of security that would be to win the AFCWorst and get totally ass raped by someone who's actually worth a damn and DESERVES to be in the playoffs.

petegz28
11-21-2007, 06:36 PM
So, how do you develop a QB? I'm sure there many coaches and gms that would like to know that surefire, can't miss way to develop a qb.

Hmmm let's see...

How is Denver developing Cutler?
How is NY developing Eli Manning?
How about Phillip Rivers?
Vince Young?
Rothlisberger?

Do I need to point out to you the fact that none of those teams went into a shell when they put in new QB's?

DO I NEED TO ****ING REMIND YOU DENVER PUT US IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR CAUSE SHANAHAN WAS LETTING CUTLER PLAY MISTAKES AND ALL?

Seems you, Herm and CeePee are the ones that are having problems with this whole QB thing.

KCJohnny
11-21-2007, 06:37 PM
We are getting younger and have a lot of picks this year and I believe some decent cap room. Look for around 15 new players next season.

2002 was awful. Our _efense was a wet tea bag. It was humilaiting getting plowed every week.

KCinNY
11-21-2007, 06:42 PM
I wouldn't mind hanging on to Edwards if we can find a capable OC.

I don't loathe and despise Herm as much as many of my fellow Planeteers, BUT he seems to have really, really bad judgement in the hiring of offensive coaches.

Hackett? Raye? Solari?

Ya know Herm, a marginally competent OC will help your team win a few games now and then.

Count Alex's Losses
11-21-2007, 06:47 PM
I don't loathe and despise Herm as much as many of my fellow Planeteers, BUT he seems to have really, really bad judgement in the hiring of offensive coaches.

Hackett? Raye? Solari?

Ya know Herm, a marginally competent OC will help your team win a few games now and then.

Solari was forced on Herm.

petegz28
11-21-2007, 07:09 PM

Hackett? Raye? Solari?

Solari was picked by CeePee to try and salvage the DV offense after he gave Al Saunders a royal ass pumping.

MadMax
11-21-2007, 07:17 PM

I have no idea, but letting him run plays that are actually productive would be a start IMHO. Letting him throw the ball ( just a little ) downfield and develop his strengths??? Just a thought though.

MIAdragon
11-21-2007, 07:26 PM

http://www.snapoffracing.com/forums/images/smilies/fishslap.gif

cdcox
11-21-2007, 07:27 PM

Hackett? Raye? Solari?

This is a fatal flaw in a head coach right there.

Messier
11-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Hmmm let's see...

How is Denver developing Cutler?
How is NY developing Eli Manning?
How about Phillip Rivers?
Vince Young?
Rothlisberger?

Do I need to point out to you the fact that none of those teams went into a shell when they put in new QB's?

DO I NEED TO ****ING REMIND YOU DENVER PUT US IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR CAUSE SHANAHAN WAS LETTING CUTLER PLAY MISTAKES AND ALL?

Seems you, Herm and CeePee are the ones that are having problems with this whole QB thing.

Well, all the QB's you mentioned are high first rounders, and yeah, they better develop, and fast.
In all those QB's first start did they just say, wing it down the field, let's see what happens, no, I'll bet they protected them a little. I'll bet for most of them in their first start they ran it more than they threw it.

I know it's said on this board, and I know it ticks everyone off but you've got to have patience with Croyle.

Oh and it was nice of you to let every other GM and coach off the hook for the hundreds of failures to develop a QB, that was kind.

Frazod
11-21-2007, 07:39 PM
Yeah, it's pretty bad. I'm no longer even capable of displaying strong emotion about them (good or bad).

And the fact that the Chiefs have been completely clowned by MU and KU only adds insult to injury. I assume that going to Arrowhead on Sunday after being there Saturday night will be one of the most anti-climactic experiences of my life. Compared to tickets for the KU/MU game, Chiefs/Raiders tix are pretty much the equivalent of the "2nd prize in a beauty contest" monopoly card.

chiefbowe82
11-21-2007, 07:41 PM
folks we are rebuilding
croyle
niswanger
wilson, grigsby
rayner
bowe
webb/sippio
hali
kolby smith
pollard
page
brackenrige
LJ, Allen, DJ young also

The Chargers and Broncos aren't rebuilding their fading away and the raiders just suck! You all act like this is terrible we're 1 game back in the divison and with the divison were in their is no reason we can't win this divison and maybe win a cotton picken playoff game.

tk13
11-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Roethlisberger always gets brought up in these young QB discussions and he's not a good example... he was totally coddled his rookie year. I don't have the exact numbers, but I know that team was easily #1 in rushing attempts, they ran the ball like 600-650 times, some huge number, and they were either 31st or last in passing attempts. They totally scaled down even worse than we probably will... not to mention having the #1 defense in the league to back you up.

That's why they Martyballed to 15-1 and bombed in the playoffs... defenses were good enough to put the ball in Roethlisberger's hands and he didn't play very well. It was a great learning experience, no doubt... but it wasn't until the next year in the playoffs when they finally took the leash off and had him slinging it around the field.

Rivers was protected by a great running game and defense too, he still has moments where he looks like a young QB. Both of those guys were put into a much better situation than Brodie was.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Rivers was protected by a great running game and defense too, he still has moments where he looks like a young QB. Both of those guys were put into a much better situation than Brodie was.

Which is why Brodie will fail here. We have him surrounded by goons, talking about both players and coaches.

Count Alex's Losses
11-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Roethlisberger always gets brought up in these young QB discussions and he's not a good example... he was totally coddled his rookie year. I don't have the exact numbers, but I know that team was easily #1 in rushing attempts, they ran the ball like 600-650 times, some huge number, and they were either 31st or last in passing attempts. They totally scaled down even worse than we probably will... not to mention having the #1 defense in the league to back you up.

That's why they Martyballed to 15-1 and bombed in the playoffs... defenses were good enough to put the ball in Roethlisberger's hands and he didn't play very well. It was a great learning experience, no doubt... but it wasn't until the next year in the playoffs when they finally took the leash off and had him slinging it around the field.

Great post. If Brodie gets out of this year completing 60%, with a 1-1 TD/INT ratio, and wins 3-4 games, he did well.

Count Alex's Losses
11-21-2007, 08:34 PM
The Chargers and Broncos aren't rebuilding.

This isn't really true. Both teams are loaded with young talent in some way. Denver on offense, San Diego everywhere.

Count Alex's Losses
11-21-2007, 08:36 PM
This is a fatal flaw in a head coach right there.

I still maintain that he has learned from it. His last OC was a good hire (Heimerdinger), and actually hired to throw the ball down the field. Solari was pushed on him. The name I've been hearing now is also a guy with an aggressive reputation.

Mecca
11-21-2007, 09:42 PM
folks we are rebuilding
croyle
niswanger
wilson, grigsby
rayner
bowe
webb/sippio
hali
pollard
page
brackenrige
LJ, Allen, DJ young also

The Chargers and Broncos aren't rebuilding their fading away and the raiders just suck! You all act like this is terrible we're 1 game back in the divison and with the divison were in their is no reason we can't win this divison and maybe win a cotton picken playoff game.

If you can show me how the Chiefs young talent in any way compares to this supposedly aging San Diego's talent I'd love to see it.....The Chargers team is young, if you think they aren't you aren't that informed.

TEX
11-21-2007, 09:49 PM
I still maintain that he has learned from it. His last OC was a good hire (Heimerdinger), and actually hired to throw the ball down the field. Solari was pushed on him. The name I've been hearing now is also a guy with an aggressive reputation.

Who? :hmmm:

TEX
11-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Which is why Brodie will fail here. We have him surrounded by goons, talking about both players and coaches.

Unfortunately, you are correct. :banghead:

Brock
11-21-2007, 09:56 PM
This is the first year since 83 the Chiefs are actually using a QB they drafted themselves. It's a great year.

Pablo
11-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Would there still be all this b*tching if we reeled off three wins against AFC West opponents and took back the lead?

I'm sure some folks would find a negative in this, but the AFCW is a joke, and it's not totally impossible that we win three in a row and we're back in the playoff hunt.

Or would people just cry about how we're going to get beat in the playoffs anyhow, and they don't want a home playoff game. It's not like we play in the AFC South or North.

Thig Lyfe
11-21-2007, 11:09 PM

FAX

2girls1karma

Mecca
11-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Would there still be all this b*tching if we reeled off three wins against AFC West opponents and took back the lead?

I'm sure some folks would find a negative in this, but the AFCW is a joke, and it's not totally impossible that we win three in a row and we're back in the playoff hunt.

Or would people just cry about how we're going to get beat in the playoffs anyhow, and they don't want a home playoff game. It's not like we play in the AFC South or North.

It's not really a good thing to aspire to get raped in the 1st round of the playoffs.

EPodolak
11-21-2007, 11:28 PM
The OL actually looked average to me Sunday, maybe Larry Johnson had a bigger part in making them look bad than we thought.

Count Alex's Losses
11-21-2007, 11:30 PM
The OL actually looked average to me Sunday, maybe Larry Johnson had a bigger part in making them look bad than we thought.

The OL looked like crap in run blocking again.

They looked halfway decent in pass blocking because Indy only has one decent pass rusher now.

Pablo
11-21-2007, 11:31 PM
It's not really a good thing to aspire to get raped in the 1st round of the playoffs.At home, if our defense plays the way they can play, no wildcard team is going to "rape" us.

Mecca
11-21-2007, 11:31 PM
So what happens if the Chiefs lose this Raider game?

Mecca
11-21-2007, 11:32 PM
At home, if our defense plays the way they can play, no wildcard team is going to "rape" us.

So you're ready to see Jacksonville come back in here......they pretty handily won here already..

Count Alex's Losses
11-21-2007, 11:32 PM
So you're ready to see Jacksonville come back in here......they pretty handily won here already..

We have Brodie now! Power of Arrowhead and all that bullshit! And the run defense will be better this time!!!! I BELIEVE!

KCJohnny
11-21-2007, 11:34 PM
So what happens if the Chiefs lose this Raider game?

Then the wheels come off.
We got spanked by a 3-5 team at home.
If a 2-8 team beats us in Arrowhead, no amount of "Play Brodie Now!" or "Open up the offense!" will quell the revulsion of the faithful.

This defense deserves better.

Pablo
11-21-2007, 11:35 PM
So you're ready to see Jacksonville come back in here......they pretty handily won here already..Sure, they didn't destroy us..they did outplay us the whole game..but our D is on another level now and our offense might have something to it now.

No AFC Wildcard team terrifies me. The Pats, Steelers, and a 100% Colts team do.

doomy3
11-21-2007, 11:38 PM
What a false sense of security that would be to win the AFCWorst and get totally ass raped by someone who's actually worth a damn and DESERVES to be in the playoffs.

Yea, we might even lose to the Colts 13-10 in the playoffs. We'd be DOOMED!!!

Mecca
11-21-2007, 11:39 PM
I think the Browns offense would make the Chiefs look silly, no lie.

Count Alex's Losses
11-21-2007, 11:39 PM

You're pissing me off.

What did you predict the score was going to be last Sunday? 31-10?

KCJohnny
11-21-2007, 11:41 PM

Bring on the 'dawgs. We'll introduce you to a real defense.

Mecca
11-21-2007, 11:45 PM
The Browns Oline has been good and they have 2 legit weapons in the pass game....

Pablo
11-21-2007, 11:46 PM
I think the Browns offense would make the Chiefs look silly, no lie.I think the Browns are the only AFC Wildcard contender with the passing game capable to de-rail the Chiefs, but I really doubt they're taking the No. 6 spot. They have a piss-poor defense, and a mediocre running game with a has-been Jamal Lewis. But I do like their passing game. As much as I hate the Titans and VY, I think they're the 6th seed. The Jags running game can be outstanding at times, but I really don't fear any team if our D plays the way the can and did in Indy.

I dunno, I'm pulling for the Browns because they've been mired in mediocrity longer than the Chiefs and I feel for their fan-base, but I just don't see it happening.

Oh well, I think there are only a few teams in the league who have the offensive fire-power to dominate the Chiefs (Pats, Cowboys, Indy, Steelers,Packers-who we played very well against). Other than that, at home with our defense stepping up, it's a crap-shoot.

Mecca
11-21-2007, 11:48 PM
All I'll say about Cleveland is, if you like what Tony does or what Gates does, watch what Winslow has become. That guy makes Gates look average with what he can do.

Count Alex's Losses
11-21-2007, 11:49 PM
If the Titans beat us in Arrowhead I will....do something outrageous. Seriously. That would disgust me. My world will be shattered if the Titans beat us.

doomy3
11-21-2007, 11:49 PM
All I'll say about Cleveland is, if you like what Tony does or what Gates does, watch what Winslow has become. That guy makes Gates look average with what he can do.

ROFL ROFL

Yea, he makes Gates look like trash. This is just ridiculous.

Pablo
11-21-2007, 11:50 PM
All I'll say about Cleveland is, if you like what Tony does or what Gates does, watch what Winslow has become. That guy makes Gates look average with what he can do.Sure, they have some studs on offense. Winslow would be the most legit threat to the Chiefs since we play Cover 2, but I'm confident we could get good coverage with Edwards or Johnson, and possibly support from Page. Braylon Edwards is a top-notch reciever, and Anderson is becoming a very respectable QB..but their running game is less than stellar, and if we can get them one-dimensional, we can shut down their passing game.

Count Alex's Losses
11-21-2007, 11:51 PM

Winslow is a just a wide receiver playing tight end.

Pablo
11-21-2007, 11:53 PM
If the Titans beat us in Arrowhead I will....do something outrageous. Seriously. That would disgust me. My world will be shattered if the Titans beat us.That won't happen..we can count on Vince to throw the game into the hands of one of our CB's. The Titans game will be ugly..if you thought the Indy game was a defensive battle, that Titans game has all the right ingredients to be a 10-7 type outcome.

Mecca
Winslow is a just a wide receiver playing tight end.

That's the whole point......he's better than a good number of WR's in the league...

Anyone who laughs should watch some of their games that guy is downright awesome. I think he's the most physically gifted TE I've ever seen and his production is backing it up now.

KCJohnny
If the Titans beat us in Arrowhead I will....do something outrageous. Seriously. That would disgust me. My world will be shattered if the Titans beat us.

Get ready for a BucBall extravaganza. Young cannot beat us with his arm. He can kill us with his feet. Keep in mind, all Tennessee has to do is score more than 10 points.

KC Tattoo
11-21-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm just exited for Brodie to be playing, finally. We finally have a true QBOTF and he is finally playing. This trumps all the bad, negative out there. Since Joe Freeking Montana retired, I've been wanting the Chiefs to draft and start our own home grown QB. Year in and year out I had to put up with crappy OLD QBs that King Dumbass Carl would give us. They were all old and wearn't any good for the long hall of building us a championship team.

I am still ticked off that we had to suffer the Huard pains. That was not growing pains but PAINFULLY awefull.

From here on out this season, what ever doesn't kill Brodie will make him better next season. All he has to do is survive this season and get better as a player and get a grove on with D Bowe.

I am stoked of the possibillity that Brodie to D Bowe is just going to be huge :rockon: ! But, I am afraid that Herm is going to hold them back from being better than they are :(

cdcox
11-21-2007, 11:58 PM

You better get ready. That game has looked like a loss all year long.

Pablo
11-21-2007, 11:59 PM
That's the whole point......he's better than a good number of WR's in the league...

Anyone who laughs should watch some of their games that guy is downright awesome. I think he's the most physically gifted TE I've ever seen and his production is backing it up now.Winslow is good, he's a very talented TE, but I still don't think he's on par with Tony in his glory days or Gates..give him 1 more full season and maybe. As far as production goes:

Gonzalez : 59 rec. 690 yrds. 4 TD's
Gates : 54 rec. 729 yrds. 6 TD's
Winslow : 52 rec. 767 yrds. 4 TD's

Pretty even...Tony is in his 11th season, Gates his 5th and Winslow his 4th. Tony G can still go out and play with the young bucks..he hasn't lost it yet. And he is the security blanket for this offense..the man catches almost everything thrown his way.

tk13
11-21-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm not very confident in our playoff chances at all at this point, but if the other teams crapped the bed and let us in, fine with me. Especially with Croyle playing. I don't know how you can make a reasonable argument that getting some of these young guys like Croyle, Bowe... even Allen and DJ playoff experience is a bad thing.

doomy3
11-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Winslow is good, he's a very talented TE, but I still don't think he's on par with Tony in his glory days or Gates..give him 1 more full season and maybe. As far as production goes:

Gonzalez : 59 rec. 690 yrds. 4 TD's
Gates : 54 rec. 729 yrds. 6 TD's
Winslow : 52 rec. 767 yrds. 4 TD's

Pretty even...Tony is in his 11th season, Gates his 5th and Winslow his 4th. Tony G can still go out and play with the young bucks..he hasn't lost it yet. And he is the security blanket for this offense..the man catches almost everything thrown his way.

And Winslow is playing with a much better QB than TG or Gates right now

Count Alex's Losses
11-22-2007, 12:06 AM

Anyone who laughs should watch some of their games that guy is downright awesome. I think he's the most physically gifted TE I've ever seen and his production is backing it up now.

He can't block like TG.

Mecca
11-22-2007, 12:07 AM
It's Derek Anderson.....

He caught 89 balls last year without a QB basically.

KCJohnny
11-22-2007, 12:09 AM
And Winslow is playing with a much better QB than TG or Gates right now

Gonzo would be leaving both of those other TEs in the dirt if we had a real PLAY-TO-WIN-THE-GAME approach to offense. Gonzo is in a timid system; the other guys play in a wide open offense and have PB RBs. I'd still take #88 any day over Gates and Winslow. He hasn't lost a step.

Pablo
11-22-2007, 12:17 AM
It's Derek Anderson.....

He caught 89 balls last year without a QB basically.Yeah..for 875 yards and 3 touchdowns. Gates and Gonzales both had better years last year. Gonzo had Damon Huard and a sub-par Trent Green throwing to him..and Phillip Rivers is no prize. He's not bad, but he's still not good.

Derek Anderson is a pretty damn solid QB right now. I'd take him in a Chiefs uniform.

Mecca
11-22-2007, 12:19 AM
Gonzo would be leaving both of those other TEs in the dirt if we had a real PLAY-TO-WIN-THE-GAME approach to offense. Gonzo is in a timid system; the other guys play in a wide open offense and have PB RBs. I'd still take #88 any day over Gates and Winslow. He hasn't lost a step.

Well I wouldn't just because 10 years from now Winslow will still be playing.

greg63
11-22-2007, 12:23 AM
We lose our starting RB

That pretty much sums it all up. We'll be 4-12 at seasons end!

petegz28
11-22-2007, 12:27 AM
Well, all the QB's you mentioned are high first rounders, and yeah, they better develop, and fast.
In all those QB's first start did they just say, wing it down the field, let's see what happens, no, I'll bet they protected them a little. I'll bet for most of them in their first start they ran it more than they threw it.

I know it's said on this board, and I know it ticks everyone off but you've got to have patience with Croyle.

Oh and it was nice of you to let every other GM and coach off the hook for the hundreds of failures to develop a QB, that was kind.

A) We have never developed a QB
B) Yes the other QB's were "coddled" but Jesus Christ they threw the ball TOWARDS the End Zone.
C) No one is saying Croyle should be airing it out
D) You, Solari, Edwards and CeePee obviously have no clue that the Slant Route is one of the easiest passes to complete and hardest to defend. Yet we threw 0 or 1.

So maybe you should go talk to these other Teams who take chances with guys at QB instead of worrying about losing a game in a season that is already lost?

In the mean time let Croyle throw, oh I don't know say....North and not East\West? WHAT A ****ING CONCEPT!

petegz28
11-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Bring on the 'dawgs. We'll introduce you to a real defense.

The Browns would kick our ass up and down the field right now.

Pablo
11-22-2007, 12:32 AM
The Browns would kick our ass up and down the field right now.Considering their defense is comparitively worse than our offense and we just held the former SB champs to 13 points at home, I wouldn't bank on that.

6-4 doesn't really scream powerhouse. They have a very good passing game..that's it.

KCJohnny
11-22-2007, 12:35 AM
The Browns would kick our ass up and down the field right now.

The scenario being discussed is Cleveland coming to Arrowhead for a 1st round playoff game.

Sorry, but I don't see this D being owned by the browns who may have trouble keeping our anemic offense off the field at home.

2 words:

Jared

Allen.

Mecca
11-22-2007, 12:37 AM
That Joe Thomas guy, has been worth every single penny and that pick they used on him.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 12:38 AM
The scenario being discussed is Cleveland coming to Arrowhead for a 1st round playoff game.

Sorry, but I don't see this D being owned by the browns who may have trouble keeping our anemic offense off the field at home.

2 words:

Jared

Allen.

WTF does it matter? We can't score more than 10-13 points a game no matter who we play against.

Cutler carved us up.
Favre carved us up.
We looked good against a beat up and injured Colts team.
Jacksonville worked us over.

The Browns in the meantime are scoring points. Points...remember what those are?

Pablo
11-22-2007, 12:39 AM
That Joe Thomas guy, has been worth every single penny and that pick they used on him.Yeah..it would have been nice to have him, but I'm far from upset with our first round pick. Didn't he play at Wisconsin, or am I thinking of someone else?

I'm sure we'll pick up a good tackle and CB in next year's draft..maybe pick someone decent up in FA. Any good linemen gonna be FA's?

KCJohnny
11-22-2007, 12:42 AM
The Browns in the meantime are scoring points. Points...remember what those are?

Uh, no, actually, can you give us a hint?

:huh:

Pablo
11-22-2007, 12:43 AM
WTF does it matter? We can't score more than 10-13 points a game no matter who we play against.

Cutler carved us up.
Favre carved us up.
We looked good against a beat up and injured Colts team.
Jacksonville worked us over.

The Browns in the meantime are scoring points. Point...remember what those are?So Cutler going 17/29 with 192 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT is carving us up?

Favre beat up with his arm, the Colts aren't as injured as the media would like you to believe(Manning,Addai,Wayne,Clark). Just because the Colts only had 4 offensive weapons as opposed to 8 doesn't mean they were really beat up bad. And I know their O-Line was worked over and sorry, but if you have Peyton f*cking Manning back there, he should have a good day against any D with any line. Peyton trumps any injuries they may have. We shut him down and got him flustered. And Jacksonville beat up fair and square at home..they are the easiest loss to swallow.

The Browns are 6-4 because their defense can't stop other teams from putting up points.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 12:45 AM
Uh, no, actually, can you give us a hint?

:huh:

Well I will try...

When you carry or catch the ball in the other team's end zone you get 6 points.

When you kick the oblong, stuffed pig skin threw the big yellow poles you get 3 points.

We used to be able to do that. I swear!!!

petegz28
11-22-2007, 12:48 AM
So Cutler going 17/29 with 192 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT is carving us up?

Favre beat up with his arm, the Colts aren't as injured as the media would like you to believe(Manning,Addai,Wayne,Clark). Just because the Colts only had 4 offensive weapons as opposed to 8 doesn't mean they were really beat up bad. And I know their O-Line was worked over and sorry, but if you have Peyton f*cking Manning back there, he should have a good day against any D with any line. Peyton trumps any injuries they may have. We shut him down and got him flustered. And Jacksonville beat up fair and square at home..they are the easiest loss to swallow.

The Browns are 6-4 because their defense can't stop other teams from putting up points.

The Browns are still 2 games better than us.
Cutler worked us over and played a great game against us.
Indy is beat up. No Harrison and no left tackle? I think we should know of all teams about how important your starting left tackle is. Oh yea, and no Freeney!

Want to know why Cutler beat us? He threw the ball north! Same with Garrard, Favre, Manning and even flipping Grossman and Schaub!

A good D doesn't mean shit if you can't put up more than 10 points a game.

Pablo
11-22-2007, 12:55 AM
The Browns are still 2 games better than us.
Cutler worked us over and played a great game against us.
Indy is beat up. No Harrison and no left tackle? I think we should know of all teams about how important your starting left tackle is. Oh yea, and no Freeney!

Want to know why Cutler beat us? He threw the ball north! Same with Garrard, Favre, Manning and even flipping Grossman and Schaub!

A good D doesn't mean shit if you can't put up more than 10 points a game.A good D can carry an inept offense and keep the game within their scoring range. Indy is not that beat up..Harrison is a great reciever..but the Colts have attained a more balanced offense where Addai takes a whole lot more carries..so he's not that big of a factor. And they have Reggie f*ckin Wayne..they're no. 2 would be no. 1 on 31 other NFL teams. Freeney is great, but they have Mathis and a good corps of LB's up front, coupled with a dynamite secondary led by Bob Sanders. The Colts are in fine shape, with or w/o Harrison and their starting LT.

Scoring points isn't all there is to football. Would I like to see the Chiefs put up 30 points a game..of course. But I don't want to see them give up 30 points a game either. A good offense isn't shit if you can't stop anyone from scoring. The Chiefs could put up 20 points on the Browns, and that's just sad.

At home in 8 weeks, I really don't think the Browns would slaughter the Chiefs..the Pats and Cowboys are probably the only teams in the league that could make us look stupid with our defense playing at full capacity.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 01:01 AM
A good D can carry an inept offense and keep the game within their scoring range. Indy is not that beat up..Harrison is a great reciever..but the Colts have attained a more balanced offense where Addai takes a whole lot more carries..so he's not that big of a factor. And they have Reggie f*ckin Wayne..they're no. 2 would be no. 1 on 31 other NFL teams. Freeney is great, but they have Mathis and a good corps of LB's up front, coupled with a dynamite secondary led by Bob Sanders. The Colts are in fine shape, with or w/o Harrison and their starting LT.

Scoring points isn't all there is to football. Would I like to see the Chiefs put up 30 points a game..of course. But I don't want to see them give up 30 points a game either. A good offense isn't shit if you can't stop anyone from scoring. The Chiefs could put up 20 points on the Browns, and that's just sad.

At home in 8 weeks, I really don't think the Browns would slaughter the Chiefs..the Pats and Cowboys are probably the only teams in the league that could make us look stupid with our defense playing at full capacity.

We don't need to give up 30 points when it only takes 13 to beat us.

Pablo
11-22-2007, 01:02 AM
We don't need to give up 30 points when it only takes 13 to beat us.It would take 21 to beat us if we played the Browns.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 01:04 AM
It would take 21 to beat us if we played the Browns.

How do you figure?

Pablo
11-22-2007, 01:05 AM
The Browns gave up 26 pts. to the Raiders, 31 to Miami and 30 to Baltimore. We could put up 20 points on the Browns.

It would really be a battle of who is more inept.

Our offense or their defense? And I think it's their defense.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 01:06 AM
The Browns gave up 26 pts. to the Raiders, 31 to Miami and 30 to Baltimore.

It would really be a battle of who is more inept?

No, our offense and it's inept coaches will ensure that we will not score more than 10 points a game.

Pablo
11-22-2007, 01:10 AM
No, our offense and it's inept coaches will ensure that we will not score more than 10 points a game.With the same inept coaching staff, a lesser QB in Horrid and a mildly unproductive LJ we put up 22 against a good Packer's D at home and 27 against a comparitively bad Bengals defense at home.

20 isn't out of our range. The past 2 weeks may lead you to believe so, because we played a good D in Indy, and totally blew the Denver game, but we could score 20 points against the Browns. I don't believe they could score 21 against us.

I know our offense sucks..and our coaching staff and OC are terrible, but we still have enough weapons to put some points on the board and a defense that gives us turnovers and creates bad field position. We could beat the Browns..they aren't jugernauts..they are better than us right now, but not unbeatable.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 01:13 AM
With the same inept coaching staff, a lesser QB in Horrid and a mildly unproductive LJ we put up 22 against a good Packer's D at home and 27 against a comparitively bad Bengals defense at home.

20 isn't out of our range. The past 2 weeks may lead you to believe so, because we played a good D in Indy, and totally blew the Denver game, but we could score 20 points against the Browns. I don't believe they could score 21 against us.

I know our offense sucks..and our coaching staff and OC are terrible, but we still have enough weapons to put points on the board and a defense that gives us turnovers and creates bad field position. We could beat the Browns..they aren't jugernauts..they are better than us right now, but not unbeatable.

You have to actually call plays that go forward to score points. We don't do that. We depend on circus catches or a big break on a swing pass.

There is a reason we are the worst O in the NFL 2 years after being the best. And it is because the man in charge ****ed off his responsiblitly and actually thought putting 3 has been's on our O-Line was somehow the right plan.

KCJohnny
11-22-2007, 01:15 AM
The Browns gave up 26 pts. to the Raiders, 31 to Miami and 30 to Baltimore. We could put up 20 points on the Browns.

It would really be a battle of who is more inept.

Wow. 31 to the hapless Fins and 30 to the emaciated Ravens. Even we could get 3 TDs. Maybe. Nice post GonzoRox88.

Pablo
11-22-2007, 01:20 AM
You have to actually call plays that go forward to score points. We don't do that. We depend on circus catches or a big break on a swing pass.

There is a reason we are the worst O in the NFL 2 years after being the best. And it is because the man in charge ****ed off his responsiblitly and actually thought putting 3 has been's on our O-Line was somehow the right plan.Yeah..CP is an idiot..and he and DV built a team of veterans for one grand shot at the big one. It failed and now we're paying for it. I know Herm is conservative..but Brodie has the arm to make big throws and Tony is as safe of a bet as ever, Bowe can get seperation and make big plays. That's all the Chiefs need to win against the Browns.

It's sad..but that's how we play. One big touchdown pass. 2 FG's inside their 30 and a turnover on defense or an INT for a pick 6. And a bunch of unproductive short drives and 3 and out's. The offense can't do it alone, and thank God we have a defense that can make big plays and set us up for chipshot FG's or TD's.

The Browns have faced two good defenses this year and put up 17 points and 28 points. At home, with our defense playing the way they're capable we could hold them down, and eek out a win. It's not impossible, and there's a reason the Browns are 6-4. Their defense.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 01:26 AM
Yeah..CP is an idiot..and he and DV built a team of veterans for one grand shot at the big one. It failed and now we're paying for it. I know Herm is conservative..but Brodie has the arm to make big throws and Tony is as safe of a bet as ever, Bowe can get seperation and make big plays. That's all the Chiefs need to win against the Browns.

It's sad..but that's how we play. One big touchdown pass. 2 FG's inside their 30 and a turnover on defense or an INT for a pick 6. And a bunch of unproductive short drives and 3 and out's. The offense can't do it alone, and thank God we have a defense that can make big plays and set us up for chipshot FG's or TD's.

The Browns have faced two good defenses this year and put up 17 points and 28 points. At home, with our defense playing the way they're capable we could hold them down, and eek out a win. It's not impossible, and there's a reason the Browns are 6-4. Their defense.

Dude you don't get it! I know Brodie has an arm. You know it. Everyone here ****ing knows it.

But we don't want to thrown the ball north cause it might get intercepted!!! I thought that was why you had a tough D? I thought having a tough D meant you can sling it around a bit more?

Pablo
11-22-2007, 01:44 AM
Dude you don't get it! I know Brodie has an arm. You know it. Everyone here ****ing knows it.

But we don't want to thrown the ball north cause it might get intercepted!!! I thought that was why you had a tough D? I thought having a tough D meant you can sling it around a bit more?Sure, but we're not going to play that way..we can beat the Browns playing Herm's style. East and West..dink and dunk, look for one, maybe two big plays down the field. The advantage Brodie gives us is short slants, and allowing recievers to get seperation at the line when they catch a short or parallel bullet. Huard had to play this way, but he was indecisive and had a weak arm..short slants and Tony G are good enough for at least one drive down the field for a TD, and a few FG drives.

It's pointless to fantasize about a downfield passing game. It's not going to happen. I'm saying we can beat the Browns playing the way we are, with minimal mistakes, a solid D, and Brodie making a few big throws downfield. A few, maybe only one or two times, but just enough to keep their defense honest.

The scenario I present of us beating the Browns is the way we would play. We're not going to take big risks and throw downfield because that's not what Herm lets us do, so we might as well get used to beating teams close with our defense doing most of the work.

I'd love for the Chiefs to air it out..but it's not going to happen. Not this year, not with this OC/Head Coach/GM tandem. So we might as well realize we can beat some teams playing the way we are, and the Browns are one of them.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 01:48 AM
Sure, but we're not going to play that way..we can beat the Browns playing Herm's style. East and West..dink and dunk, look for one, maybe two big plays down the field. The advantage Brodie gives us is short slants, and allowing recievers to get seperation at the line when they catch a short or parallel bullet. Huard had to play this way, but he was indecisive and had a weak arm..short slants and Tony G are good enough for at least one drive down the field for a TD, and a few FG drives.

It's pointless to fantasize about a downfield passing game. It's not going to happen. I'm saying we can beat the Browns playing the way we are, with minimal mistakes, a solid D, and Brodie making a few big throws downfield. A few, maybe only one or two times, but just enough to keep their defense honest.

The scenario I present of us beating the Browns is the way we would play. We're not going to take big risks and throw downfield because that's not what Herm lets us do, so we might as well get used to beating teams close with our defense doing most of the work.

I'd love for the Chiefs to air it out..but it's not going to happen. Not this year, not with this OC/Head Coach/GM tandem. So we might as well realize we can beat some teams playing the way we are, and the Browns are one of them.

No, what is pointless is fantasizing that we will be in a position to play the Browns in the playoffs this year.

MadMax
11-22-2007, 02:24 AM
No, our offense and it's inept coaches will ensure that we will not score more than 10 points a game.

I guarantee we score 6 points..Anything more is like me putting my balls in a vice and giving my ex the handle, then telling her her Mom was a squeeler. She was btw...