PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Bowe.

Micjones
11-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Has exceeded our expectations to say the very least.
He's been phenomenal thus far and is inching closer to breaking a few franchise records...

1. Bowe needs just 11 more catches to surpass Abner Hayes for most receptions, in a single season, by a rookie (55).

2. Bowe needs just 122 receiving yards to surpass Chris Burford for most receiving yardage, in a single season, by a rookie (789).

3. Bowe needs just 3 TD receptions to surpass Fred Arbanas/Stephone Paige for most TD receptions, in a single season, by a rookie (6).

L.A. Chieffan
11-21-2007, 04:54 PM
BUST.

NEXT SLY MO. MARK IT.

Vegas_Dave
11-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Those stats in themselves are not all that impressive... but for a CHIEFS WR...

Micjones
11-21-2007, 04:56 PM
He's on pace for...

About:
72 Receptions
1,078 Receiving Yards
7 TD's

That would've made him about the 12th best Receiver league wide last season. If he stays on track...That's a hell of an accomplishment for a rook.

Count Zarth
11-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Taco John said he was a slow wide.

JBucc
11-21-2007, 05:01 PM
And this is one guy I didn't want to draft. Shows what I know!

headsnap
11-21-2007, 05:03 PM
imagine him in a REAL offense! :eek:

Count Zarth
11-21-2007, 05:04 PM
And this is one guy I didn't want to draft. Shows what I know!

Yep. I was all over Dwayne Jarrett's nuts.

siberian khatru
Taco John said he was a slow wide.

GREAT Foghat song.

Micjones

Exactly...

Imagine what numbers he might have if they'd gotten him more involved in the offense in three games this season.

JBucc
11-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Yep. I was all over Dwayne Jarrett's nuts.Hehe, I wanted Meachem.

Micjones
11-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Yep. I was all over Dwayne Jarrett's nuts.

I don't think I was posting here at draft time, but I wanted the Chiefs to draft Bowe way back in March.

Count Zarth
11-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Hehe, I wanted Meachem.

Bowe - 668 yards

Robert Meachem, Craig Davis, Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett - 598 yards combined.

headsnap
11-21-2007, 05:08 PM
I really hope Bowe made Jamarcus Russell look better than he really is... :evil: ROFL

Micjones
11-21-2007, 05:09 PM
WOW @ Goatse's stat comparison...

Vegas_Dave
11-21-2007, 05:12 PM
He's on pace for...

about :
72 Receptions
1,078 Receiving Yards
7 TD's

That would've made him about the 12th best Receiver league wide last season. If he stays on track...That's a hell of an accomplishment for a rook.

Yes, I would be very happy with those stats AS LONG AS he improves on them next year.

When I was talking about that stats that werent that impressive are the records he was breaking. In it themselves, they are not Great, though not bad.

Count Zarth
11-21-2007, 05:13 PM
In it themselves, they are not Great, though not bad.

For a rookie WR, 1,000 yards is outstanding.

KcMizzou
11-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Bowe - 668 yards

Robert Meachem, Craig Davis, Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett - 598 yards combined.That's amazing.

Rain Man
11-21-2007, 05:14 PM
I thought it was funny this last week that he caught four of those fast wide receiver passes where he got the ball before moving, and the first three times he broke the cornerback's tackle and gained extra yards. After the third one, you could see him looking back at the cornerback and laughing.

I look forward to watching his career, especially after we get a real coaching staff.

Micjones
11-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Yes, I would be very happy with those stats AS LONG AS he improves on them next year.

When I was talking about that stats that werent that impressive are the records he was breaking. In it themselves, they are not Great, though not bad.

The rookie records are nothing to sneeze at either though...
The general consensus around here was that he wouldn't sniff anything close to 55 Receptions 789 Receiving Yards and 7 TD's.

Especially after coming to camp late.

Micjones
11-21-2007, 05:16 PM

Absolutely. I remember reading an article before the season about how rare that is in the NFL.

I think Gretz wrote it.

Count Zarth
11-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Yeah I forgot about Anthony Gonzalez and Ted Ginn....throw those in and the other six first-round WRs come up to about 1K combined. But still impressive.

CupidStunt
11-21-2007, 05:23 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=160140&highlight=bowe

ROFL

Some stupid f**kers on this forum.

beer bacon
11-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Exactly...

Imagine what numbers he might have if they'd gotten him more involved in the offense in three games this season.

Imagine how good he would be if we still had Roaf and Shields on our line.

Micjones
11-21-2007, 05:44 PM
He'd be scary good.

I think Croyle makes him that much more dangerous.

He was always a guy that caught lots of balls and chewed up yards, but now... He's a bigger threat to score.

Vegas_Dave
11-21-2007, 06:22 PM

As I said in the post you were referring to, I was referring to the individual Rookie Records for the Chiefs that he would be breaking as not Great.

The 1000+ yards was something that I was happy with, as long as he isnt a 1 year wonder (SlyMo).

But, you are used to only reading part of posts. IT'S ok.

Count Zarth
11-21-2007, 06:27 PM
As I said in the post you were referring to, I was referring to the individual Rookie Records for the Chiefs that he would be breaking as not Great.

The 1000+ yards was something that I was happy with, as long as he isnt a 1 year wonder (SlyMo).

But, you are used to only reading part of posts. IT'S ok.

So you agree he is having a great season, then? Just checking. It's very rare for rookie wide receivers to gain 1,000 yards.

Vegas_Dave
11-21-2007, 06:30 PM
So you agree he is having a great season, then? Just checking. It's very rare for rookie wide receivers to gain 1,000 yards.

Yes I do think that he is having a great season. I think that he has been the best #1 draft choice that the Chiefs have made in awhile. I think that he is the best WR taken in this years draft.

I just pray that we get an OC who can call plays to his and Croyle's ability.

I think that the Croyle to Bowe combination will become the greatest QB/WR in Chiefs history.

Deberg_1990
11-21-2007, 06:48 PM

Agreed. Highly impressive. Guys like Marvin Harrison and Terrell Owens didnt break 1000 yards until their 3rd or 4th year in the league. Just for comparison sake.

unothadeal
11-21-2007, 06:57 PM
72 Receptions
1,078 Receiving Yards
7 TD's
Don't Bowegart those stats, my friend. Pass them over, to me.

http://www.sippio.com/obj233geo232pg1p15.png

Easy 6
11-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Dwayne is a SMASH HIT.

Herm is trying my patience like never before, but ya just GOTTA love his drafts...with this guy at the top of the pile. I cant say enough times how excited i am to see a WR of his caliber playing for us.

MadMax
11-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Yes I do think that he is having a great season. I think that he has been the best #1 draft choice that the Chiefs have made in awhile. I think that he is the best WR taken in this years draft.

I just pray that we get an OC who can call plays to his and Croyle's ability.

I think that the Croyle to Bowe combination will become the greatest QB/WR in Chiefs history.

I agree with all of the above :)

Mecca
11-21-2007, 08:34 PM
I think for this moment he's the best WR from the class I think in about 3 years he'll be the 2nd which will still be top notch.

unothadeal
11-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Who do you think will surpass him? CJ? Anthony Gonzalez?

Mecca
11-21-2007, 09:25 PM
I think Calvin Johnson is going to be a top 3 WR in the league at some point.

Brock
11-21-2007, 09:29 PM
A steal, plain and simple.

Delano
11-21-2007, 09:30 PM
I think Calvin Johnson is going to be a top 3 WR in the league at some point.

Do you think he can do that with the Lions or will he have to be traded?

If all things stayed the same, and we just progressed a year, I doubt CJ is top 3, statwise. Too much competition for receptions in that offense.

jAZ
11-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Rookie WRs take 2-3 years to fully develop.

WRs in Herms offense never fully develop.

K.I.T.T. vs K.A.R.R.

Deberg_1990
11-21-2007, 09:35 PM
WRs in Herms offense never fully develop.

Yes, because Santana Moss and Laverneous Coles suck.
:)

Count Zarth
11-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Yes, because Santana Moss and Laverneous Coles suck.
:)

jAZ should stay in DC where he belongs.

Extra Point
11-21-2007, 10:29 PM
One thing that Carl and Herm did right, is picking Bowe. I'm thankful that the KC Chiefs picked Dwayne Bowe. I'm not thankful that my daughter's ****in' VW Jetta doesn't run worth crap. That car is this holiday's biggest turkey.

Tribal Warfare
11-21-2007, 10:31 PM
on a tangent subject if they declare or are the BPA who would you chose Oher, Baker, or Clady?

Oher could be a Boseli in the making, Baker is a technician and versatile being able to play multiple positions on the line, and their is Clady he could either be like Victor Riley or Walter Jones based on his potential.

If I was Herm I'd shop for a badass FA OT pick Baker and move him to RG if Oher wasn't available.

Mecca
11-21-2007, 10:33 PM
If they take any lineman in the first they better be playing Tackle....right or left.

Tribal Warfare
11-21-2007, 10:35 PM
If they take any lineman in the first they better be playing Tackle....right or left.

always value BPA no matter what

Mecca
11-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Guard aren't first round value players..ever.

Tribal Warfare
11-21-2007, 10:37 PM

Yes they are, every position on the field is important

Extra Point
11-21-2007, 10:41 PM
DB will be our next 1st rd pick, unless we could trade for 2 or 3 2nd rd picks. I wouldn't want to throw money at a BPA in rd 1, unless he's capable at CB.

Tribal Warfare
11-21-2007, 10:49 PM
DB will be our next 1st rd pick, unless we could trade for 2 or 3 2nd rd picks. I wouldn't want to throw money at a BPA in rd 1, unless he's capable at CB.

That's real nice strategy to reach for a player and fail, ALWAYS draft the BPA

Extra Point
11-21-2007, 10:52 PM
That's real nice strategy to reach for a player and fail, ALWAYS draft the BPA

Next draft, we can draft BPA with a 80% chance that he would fill a gap. I stand corrected, with the exception of LB, WR and QB being BPA.

Tribal Warfare
11-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Next draft, we can draft BPA with a 80% chance that he would fill a gap. I stand corrected, with the exception of LB, WR and QB being BPA.

it's a deep CB draft, so I wouldn't worry about that issue

Tribal Warfare
11-21-2007, 11:07 PM

Mecca, what's your opinion of Sam Baker thus far since you've watched more than I have?

Mecca
11-21-2007, 11:14 PM
If they didn't play him as a tackle they'd basically be wasting him....

And for the other guy we could use a WR or a LB so uhh..

KcMizzou
11-21-2007, 11:15 PM

And for the other guy we could use a WR or a LB so uhh..A LB? Who we replacing?

KC Tattoo
11-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Dwayne Bowe :rockon:

Mecca
11-21-2007, 11:17 PM
A LB? Who we replacing?

Harris isn't exactly good..

KcMizzou
11-21-2007, 11:18 PM
Harris isn't exactly good..He's looked pretty good to me... of course, that's compared to Kawika.

bdeg
11-21-2007, 11:23 PM
Donnie will need replacing soon as well.

But Mecca, I'd really like to hear your opinion on Baker. Can he be a stud LT in the NFL? I don't know much about him, but my impression is he is a great college tackle who may have maxed out already.

Tribal Warfare
11-21-2007, 11:29 PM

Why? with my scenario is if KC can obtain an elite FA OT and move Baker to RG it would fix the conundrum of the O-Line. I'll reiterate always draft the BPA, and if the prospect mans another position then select that player, because of their execution to the plan to make an impact

Raiderz_00
11-21-2007, 11:33 PM
Bowe will be a thorn in my teams side for years to come great drafting.

Mecca
11-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Um wouldn't it be better to play him as the RT in that scanario.....

You can draft a starting guard in the 4th round if you know what you are doing.

Tribal Warfare
11-21-2007, 11:48 PM

I'm sticking to my guns here, because if one drafts a badass prospect to ensure talent on the team then it's good as gold I believe Mcintosh will be the RT because of his size. next year, and might sign a badass FA LT. If KC does that then Baker would become a guard in the professional level

Micjones
11-22-2007, 12:54 AM
Bowe had a big day against Oakland in the first matchup.

I think he could have another big day on Sunday.

KcMizzou
11-22-2007, 01:04 AM
Bowe will be a thorn in my teams side for years to come great drafting.Hey, we got lucky with a WR.... 'bout damned time.

Micjones
11-22-2007, 01:07 AM
Hopefully we've gotten lucky with a QB to throw to that WR.

KcMizzou
11-22-2007, 01:09 AM
Hopefully we've gotten lucky with a QB to throw to that WR.Yeah, I hope so...

I like what I've seen of the kid so far.

milkman
11-22-2007, 08:43 AM
I'm sticking to my guns here, because if one drafts a badass prospect to ensure talent on the team then it's good as gold I believe Mcintosh will be the RT because of his size. next year, and might sign a badass FA LT. If KC does that then Baker would become a guard in the professional level

Who exactly is this badass FA LT that we're going to find in free agency?

Bob Dole
11-22-2007, 08:45 AM
Who exactly is this badass FA LT that we're going to find in free agency?

Flozell Adams.

Bob Dole
11-22-2007, 08:47 AM

Certainly in the Herm Edwards system.

Just draft the stongest, fattest guy on the board.

Mecca
11-22-2007, 10:11 AM
Flozell Adams.

Even for all of his false starts I'd be shocked if the Cowboys let him go, good LT's just don't make it to the market.

Ari Chi3fs
11-22-2007, 10:19 AM

no shit.
:shake:

HypnotizedMonkey
11-22-2007, 10:38 AM
D-Bowe is a beast. We'll see his evolution first hand. I'd like to see him rise into the upper echelon of receivers in the next couple of years, and I think he has the tenacity to do so.

I DOUBT he will be another Sylvester Morris.

unothadeal
11-22-2007, 10:44 AM
How long is AP expected to be out?

BigRedChief
11-23-2007, 05:37 AM
Q&A with DWAYNE BOWE - 11/21
Nov 21, 2007, 5:11:48 PM

OAKLAND CONFERENCE CALL

Q: What do you think of QB JaMarcus Russell not playing?

BOWE: “He missed all of camp holding out. They felt like it was best for him to learn a lot instead of just throwing him in and getting him exposed like that. I think they are doing a good job with having him wait until he is ready. If he plays this week that is a good thing, if not that is still a good thing because he missed all of camp. ”

Q: Have you talked with JaMarcus lately?

BOWE: “I have not spoken with him. I am sure he is busy. He is probably in the playbook or getting ready to play. I have not talked to him in a few weeks.”

Q: How is handling not playing?

BOWE: “When I talked to him a couple of weeks ago I told him how it was when we got to college. He came in as the man, but he had to sit behind Matt Mauck and Marcus Randall. You have to wait your turn. Just because you are the number one pick does not mean that you are going to come in and play. You have to wait for your opportunity. Once you get your opportunity you have to take advantage of it. He really understands how it goes.”

Q: How did you adjust when you came to camp?

BOWE: “I was late signing. I was patient. I listened to the older guys tell me to work hard and your time will come. Things happen and I had to step in and be a man. I have been watching Eddie (Kennison) and Tony (Gonzalez). I have been getting help from Samie (Parker) and the other wideouts. It is paying off. I have been blessed and have been patiently waiting. It is now all coming to me.”

Q: What do you think of this division?

BOWE: “It just shows that in this league it is very hard to win in. It is very hard to win. It is easy to lose, but it is hard to win. You go out there every Sunday and the challenge gets harder. This division we are in, we are in the running with three other teams. We just have to make a play at the end. It boils down to the fourth quarter of the game. We just have to finish it off in the fourth quarter and we will take the lead in our division.”

Q: What do you think of the crowd at Arrowhead?

BOWE: “It is a very loud crowd. I really don’t get into it the other teams and how they feel when they come here. I asked another player when we played them and he was like, ‘It was hard for us to hear. The field feels like it is shaking.’ Coming from LSU it was the same thing. I got accustomed to it and never paid attention. I just like to go out there and play. For another team to come in here and play is very hard. I am glad we have a nice crowd that gives us an advantage.”

Q: Do you like playing teams twice in one year?

BOWE: “The thing you wish you had done, you can do the next game. You just watch film. In college you play them one time and you are like if I would have done this right. Now I just like to watch film on the team we have already played and let the coach now that if I would have went this way it would have been a touchdown. It is an advantage because you get to help the staff or help your teammates.”

Q: What do you think of RB Kolby Smith?

BOWE: “Kolby (Smith) has been doing a great job. When those guys were there I talked to him and told him it was his time to step up. This is how it was for me. The offense is not to going to change because those guys are gone. You just have to fit in and get accustomed to it real quick. He did a great job today. We are going to stick to the same gameplan. We are going to run the ball and let it open up for the pass.”

philfree
11-23-2007, 07:41 AM
Riddick Bowe is the Champ!

PhilFree:arrow:

TEX
11-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Certainly in the Herm Edwards system.

Just draft the stongest, fattest guy on the board.

ROFL :clap: