PDA

View Full Version : There IS a God: McRib is Back

Donger
11-21-2007, 06:07 PM
I know the McRib isn't for everyone, but for me when it goes away, it symbolizes all that's wrong with the world. Now that it's back, I'm complete.

Please tell me I'm not the only one.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-21-2007, 06:10 PM
I know the McRib isn't for everyone, but for me when it goes away, it symbolizes all that's wrong with the world. Now that it's back, I'm complete.

Please tell me I'm not the only one.

For 3 bucks, you can get two Gardenburger soy rib patties. They are more real than the McRib, taste better, are good for you, and are available year round.

petegz28
11-21-2007, 06:10 PM
I said that last time they did this and man was it nasty! I don't know if I changed or they changed but it tasted like cardboard dipped in nasty shit someone calls BBQ sauce.

L.A. Chieffan
11-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Let me explain to you how this works: you see, the corporations finance Team America, and then Team America goes out... and the corporations sit there in their... in their corporation buildings, and... and, and see, they're all corporation-y... and they make money.

Rain Man
11-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Apparently God dislikes pigs?

Easy 6
11-21-2007, 06:18 PM
I love'em, they are as tasty as they could be.

Wouldnt wanna see one made though...

UteChief
11-21-2007, 06:59 PM
When I worked at McD's I hated the McPig. Damned worst and messiest thing to make.

Baconeater
11-21-2007, 07:00 PM
I was far more excited about the return of Vanilla Coke.

RedDread
11-21-2007, 07:02 PM
BRING BACK CRYSTAL PEPSI!!!! :cuss:

stumppy
11-21-2007, 07:07 PM
I have never tried one.
If I want some ribs I'll just go to my fridge and get some.
I picked up a slab from Crosstown BBQ today. Now thats some good ribs.

Phobia
11-21-2007, 07:10 PM
I have never tried one.
If I want some ribs I'll just go to my fridge and get some.
I picked up a slab from Crosstown BBQ today. Now thats some good ribs.

You should try Fathead Phil's.

I actually like the McRib. I know it's pressed pork and the sauce is crap but it's the best thing at McDonalds by at least 10x.

Bill Parcells
11-21-2007, 07:11 PM
What happened to good old KFC's ''Chicken Little's''. those tiny chicken sandwiches with mayo for 58 cents each? I used to buy them like white castle burgers back in the 80's.

Bill Parcells
11-21-2007, 07:21 PM
AH HAH!

I found an article from 1987

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3190/is_v21/ai_5055345

KCinNY
11-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Micky Dee's has gone downhill since they got rid of the McDLT. It wasn't really popular, but dammit I loved that thing ... alot.

Mcrib is okay, but nothing spectacular.

Pitt Gorilla
11-21-2007, 08:15 PM
McRib has been back for a month or so in Ioway. My wife and I tend to get the McRib meal with an extra sandwich. Tasty.

John_Wayne
11-21-2007, 08:20 PM
WHAT MCDONALDS ITEMS CAN YOU REMEMBER THAT THEY NO LONGER OFFER? ANY ODD ITEMS?

Donger
11-21-2007, 08:21 PM
For 3 bucks, you can get two Gardenburger soy rib patties. They are more real than the McRib, taste better, are good for you, and are available year round.

You miss the point: it's the very fact that the marketing geniouses at McDonalds take it away that I want it. I must have it.

Bill Parcells
11-21-2007, 08:22 PM
The breakfast burrito was good. and I don't think they sell that anymore.

Easy 6
11-21-2007, 08:33 PM

They still sell'em here, they're on the $1 menu...2 of those & a hashbrown makes a cheap & tasty breakfast.

Bill Parcells
11-21-2007, 08:38 PM
They still sell'em here, they're on the $1 menu...2 of those & a hashbrown makes a cheap & tasty breakfast.
I haven't eaten at Mcdonalds in years, maybe that's why I thought they're extinct. watch that cholesterol dude!

headsnap
11-21-2007, 08:42 PM

they still have them here and they ROCK!!!

McD's just introduced the Skillet Burrito... you gain 5 lbs just by looking at it... I got one and could only eat a couple of bites!!!! The thing is NASTY!!!

Easy 6
11-21-2007, 08:44 PM
I haven't eaten at Mcdonalds in years

I wish i could say the same, its as poor in quality as anything out there.

But its just so damn cheap & convenient.

(had a dub cheese & fries for lunch :shake: )

DMAC
11-21-2007, 08:53 PM
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/1/1b/Ribwich.gif

Mr. Plow
11-21-2007, 09:13 PM
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/1/1b/Ribwich.gif

I just thought of this..... ROFL

RJ
11-21-2007, 09:45 PM
About once a year I get an urge for McDonalds food.

About once a year I am sorry I got that urge.

Nasty stuff, IMO.

Donger
11-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Okay, after a few weeks of eating mostly 'organic' food, I just gave in to temptation and got a McRib Meal with an extra McRib for a buck...

They should have paid ME to eat that.

Thig Lyfe
11-21-2007, 10:07 PM
I was far more excited about the return of Vanilla Coke.

Same here.

AZORChiefFan
11-21-2007, 10:09 PM
What happened to good old KFC's ''Chicken Little's''. those tiny chicken sandwiches with mayo for 58 cents each? I used to buy them like white castle burgers back in the 80's.
I was talking about these the other day. No one remembered them. I remember getting them around the time of the Wyandotte County Fair one year at that old Kentucky Fried Chicken on State Ave.

AZORChiefFan
11-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Fajitas
Pizza (Test marketed in certain areas)
Michael Jordan 1/4 pounder - 1/4 pounder with about a cup of mustard and grilled onions if memory serves.
McDlt
They had 'Asian' Sauces when they introduced the McNugget.
Mac Tonight was originally geared towards adults. (not a food but kinda weird)
There was a McD's on State Ave that had a Ringling Bros theme always sat in the Monkey one if it was open.
Rainbow McDonalds had the Submarine theme I think Rainbow anyways.

Mojo Rising
11-21-2007, 10:19 PM

I wish they would bring the Chicken Little back. Every time I g to KFC I look to see if it was resurected.

A few years ago they had a mini chicken sandwich that I thought would be close. It sucked. Nowhere close to the Littles.

ClevelandBronco
11-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Anyone else remember the mid-70s Kentucky Fried beef ribs? Same breading as KFC's original recipe chicken drenched in barbecue sauce. Three to a platter with the normal sides.

I liked them at the time, but I've learned a lot more about barbecue since then.

AZORChiefFan
11-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Anyone else remember the mid-70s Kentucky Fried beef ribs? Same breading as KFC's original recipe chicken drenched in barbecue sauce. Three to a platter with the normal sides.

I liked them at the time, but I've learned a lot more about barbecue since then.

I remember their 'BBQ' chicken it was their normal fried chicken soaked in a sweet BBQ sauce. I loved that crap when I was 7 or 8

KCFalcon59
11-21-2007, 10:33 PM
The only item I like at McD's is the McGriddle. Addictive bastards. I just don't like fast food enough to eat it very often.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-21-2007, 10:34 PM
AH HAH!

I found an article from 1987

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3190/is_v21/ai_5055345

My grandma used to get those for me all the time. God, I f*cking LOVED the chicken littles.

Fruit Ninja
11-21-2007, 10:38 PM
I dont eat out much if at all anymore, but when i did. I used to tear up the double qp's with cheese. Still has nothing on a Double Western Cheeseburger from Carls Jr. Imo the greatest burger from a mainstream burger franchise.

Forgot to mention i am a burger freak. I rather eat a good hamburger over a steak anyday. lol

Bump
11-21-2007, 11:40 PM
some of McD's breakfast stuff is ok, the burrito and the steak bagel is pretty good but everything else sucks there IMO. The last few times I went to McD's I waited for about 15-20 min in the drive thru with only 2 or 3 cars there and when I got my stuff I immediately opened the bag and grabbed a fry and it was cold and stale every time. If it's gonna take forever it had better at least be fresh for God's sakes. F*ck McDonalds. I don't eat fast food much anyways.

Reaper16
11-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Seriously, **** the McRib. I had some spareribs and a brisket sandwich from Danny Edwards today... the thought of eating a McRib over that is making me ill both physically and mentally.

Phobia
11-21-2007, 11:48 PM
Seriously, **** the McRib. I had some spareribs and a brisket sandwich from Danny Edwards today... the thought of eating a McRib over that is making me ill both physically and mentally.
Why would you eat a McRib OVER that? I mean, if you're in a hurry and want to buy a $3 sandwich you can't really do better than a McRib IMO. Who wouldn't want spares or brisket over the McRib? Keep it in perspective mate. I'd rather eat filet and lobster every night of the week but that's hardly practical is it?

Bump
11-21-2007, 11:50 PM
I remember when they had this thing called a "Barry Burger" named after Barry Sanders, it was a tripple cheeseburger with BBQ and a round piece of bacon and for 99 cents it was pretty good, that was back in the 90's.

blueballs
11-22-2007, 12:25 AM
They're made -or is that formed
in China

Demonpenz
11-22-2007, 12:28 AM
assholes and taints in bbq sauce

Bill Parcells
11-22-2007, 07:09 AM

That was when it was called Gino's (after Gino Marchetti)

Him and the colonel sanders used to be partners. it was Gino's burgers.

Colonel Harland Sanders, who turned a secret blend of 11 herbs and spices into the global empire known as Kentucky Fried Chicken. The dapper Colonel wears his trademark white suit and string tie, grasping a walking cane and the requisite bucket of bird. This version was a promotional give-away from Gino's, an east coast hamburger chain, KFC franchise and namesake of Gino Marchetti, the Colts football legend.

Skip Towne
11-22-2007, 07:30 AM
The only two things edible at Mickey D's are the fish sandwich and the pancakes.

Bill Parcells
11-22-2007, 07:35 AM
The only two things edible at Mickey D's are the fish sandwich and the pancakes.
:spock:

The filet-o-fish is the only thing on that menu I've never eaten. and I love seafood.

You really like that better than everything else?

Phobia
11-22-2007, 07:58 AM
assholes and taints in bbq saucePerhaps but it can't be any worse than the contents of hotdogs and brats. In fact, there's some real meat in there.

HypnotizedMonkey
11-22-2007, 08:20 AM
It's changed because the species of mammal they used to make it went extinct. Now they just make it from cardboard soaked in the blood they preserved... and BBQ sauce.

Blindside58
11-22-2007, 08:30 AM
I be Mclovin some Mcrib!