PDA

View Full Version : Did Whitlock really coin the term "King Carl"?

Thig Lyfe
11-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Wikipedia sez so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Peterson

Some fans dislike the fact that Peterson has held his current job for over 18 years, which is considerably longer than most other NFL general managers. Due to his longstanding term in office as general manager, columnist Jason Whitlock has famously dubbed Peterson as "King Carl" in the Kansas City Star and the nickname has become a Chiefs fan favorite among the criticism of Peterson.

Skip Towne
11-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Yes, Whitlock coined it. When Fatlock showed up he expected free run of the Chiefs facility including interviews with Carl. Carl completely shut him out so he started calling him King Carl. To my knowledge he has never interviewed Carl one on one.

Count Alex's Losses
11-21-2007, 09:38 PM
To my knowledge he has never interviewed Carl one on one.

That's amazing. Nick Athan once interviewed Carl one-on-one. GOCHIEFS almost interviewed Carl one-on-one.

My guess is Jason had free run of the places he covered in Indianapolis. He gets to Kansas City, where the Chiefs are the only game in town and act like they own the city, and it was quite different. Interesting indeed.

Tribal Warfare
11-21-2007, 09:45 PM
That's amazing. Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan once interviewed Carl one-on-one.

It must be be a prerequisite to ravenously fellate Carl, and speak sweet nothings into his ear so he'll respond. Kind of like a Bill Clinton endorsement

Skip Towne
11-21-2007, 09:45 PM
That's amazing. Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan once interviewed Carl one-on-one. GOCHIEFS almost interviewed Carl one-on-one.

My guess is Jason had free run of the places he covered in Indianapolis. He gets to Kansas City, where the Chiefs are the only game in town and act like they own the city, and it was quite different. Interesting indeed.
That's probably right. It's a one sided fued with Carl denying Whitlock's existence. I doubt either one expected it to last this long.

Deberg_1990
11-21-2007, 09:48 PM
That's amazing. Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan once interviewed Carl one-on-one. GOCHIEFS almost interviewed Carl one-on-one.

Carl only allows himself to be interviewed by people who bow down and kiss his a$$.

ILChief
11-21-2007, 09:52 PM
King Carl is an OK name. But my favorite is Supreme Court Justice Carl Peterson.

jwhit
11-21-2007, 09:57 PM
I did not coin the phrase King Carl...I just popularized it.

I didn coin the the phrase Supreme Court Justice Carl Peterson.... I wrote it in a column and told it to Tony Kornheiser over dinner the night before a Monday Night Football game. Tony Kornheiser popularized the Supreme Court Justice deal...

I've interviewed Carl Peterson one-on-one several times. The interviews have run in the KC Star.

Access to Carl Peterson is overrated because he rarely shoots you straight information.

Skip Towne
11-21-2007, 10:00 PM
When I first moved to Oklahoma I found I couldn't buy the KC Star down here. The local library subscribed to it and kept the papers for a week. So once per week I went to the library to keep up with the Chiefs and Jayhawks. I got online when I found out the Star was there and I didn't have to go to the library anymore. Shortly thereafter, I found I couldn't get Directv jobs without internet access. So you might say the Chiefs and Jayhawks drug me kicking and screaming into the 21st Century.

dtebbe
11-21-2007, 10:04 PM
I sent Whitlock a 2XL Dammit Carl shirt. Not sure it fit.

DT

Brock
11-21-2007, 10:06 PM
It's lame, so yeah, whitlock probably thought it up himself. His better stuff is always lifted from someone else, more than once right off of internet message boards.

Deberg_1990
11-21-2007, 10:11 PM
It's lame, so yeah, whitlock probably thought it up himself. His better stuff is always lifted from someone else, more than once right off of internet message boards.

See post # 8. He just told us he didnt coin it.

Skip Towne
11-21-2007, 10:11 PM

I didn coin the the phrase Supreme Court Justice Carl Peterson.... I wrote it in a column and told it to Tony Kornheiser over dinner the night before a Monday Night Football game. Tony Kornheiser popularized the Supreme Court Justice deal...

I've interviewed Carl Peterson one-on-one several times. The interviews have run in the KC Star.

Access to Carl Peterson is overrated because he rarely shoots you straight information.
OK. Back then I only got info from the Star. I never saw anybody but you use "King Carl". But is it true you called him that because he treated you shabbily? It sure looked like it.

Ari Chi3fs
11-21-2007, 10:12 PM

Carl has an easily hurt ego. You know this first hand. He is a big fat pussy.

Brock
11-21-2007, 10:14 PM
See post # 8. He just told us he didnt coin it.

He did. I remember the very article in which he coined it. Also, shut the f*ck up.

Count Alex's Losses
11-21-2007, 10:15 PM
He did. I remember the very article in which he coined it. Also, shut the f*ck up.

KC Star has a search function. See if you can find it. You have to pay, but it's like 2 bucks.

Delano
11-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Dinner with Tony Kornheiser sounds like hell.

Skip Towne
11-21-2007, 10:17 PM
I don't remember the first time I saw it but Whitlock ran it into the ground to the point it was obvious it was a grudge thing.

Skip Towne
11-21-2007, 10:19 PM
KC Star has a search function. See if you can find it. You have to pay, but it's like 2 bucks.
I'd like to see his King Carl interviews too. I've never seen one.

Count Alex's Losses
11-21-2007, 10:21 PM
I'd like to see his King Carl interviews too. I've never seen one.

Go poke around their archives then. I'm sure you can find them.

Skip Towne
11-21-2007, 10:26 PM

Notice Whitlock does not say who did coin "King Carl" if he didn't.

Phobia
11-21-2007, 11:56 PM
I wish I could coin something cool.

Ari Chi3fs
11-22-2007, 12:00 AM
i coined Douche Nozzle. It seems to be catching on.

doomy3
11-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Does Whitlock regularly read the Planet?

Phobia
11-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Does Whitlock regularly read the Planet?
Nobody knows but him. He posts a couple dozen times a year. He'll rarely follow a thread or answer direct questions but he generally responds to threads created when he writes something controversial.

doomy3
11-22-2007, 12:05 AM
Nobody knows but him. He posts a couple dozen times a year.

hmmm, never knew that. Pretty cool

Tribal Warfare
11-22-2007, 12:11 AM

Jason, is the rumor that Clark is fed up with Carl's tactics and agenda true

KcMizzou
11-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Dinner with Tony Kornheiser sounds like hell.Seriously.

I'd ask for bonus pay. That's a rough assignment.

J Diddy
11-22-2007, 01:31 AM

I fear cool

Guru
11-22-2007, 01:38 AM
Nobody knows but him. He posts a couple dozen times a year. He'll rarely follow a thread or answer direct questions but he generally responds to threads created when he writes something controversial.
He responded to me once. Just once. Caught me off guard.

Tribal Warfare
11-22-2007, 01:48 AM

That happened to me 3 times, then he didn't respond

greg63
11-22-2007, 01:48 AM

I think I have him on ignore. LMAO

Redcoats58
11-22-2007, 02:12 AM
i coined Douche Nozzle. It seems to be catching on.
You didnt coin that. That's been around for quite some time, I used well before I ever read or heard anyone ever use it.

KcMizzou
11-22-2007, 02:16 AM
You didnt coin that. That's been around for quite some time, I used well before I ever read or heard anyone ever use it.Ari didn't coin the term, but I'll be damned if he didn't provide a perfect example of what a "douche-nozzle" is.

Redcoats58
11-22-2007, 02:21 AM
Ari didn't coin the term, but I'll be damned if he didn't provide a perfect example of what a "douche-nozzle" is.
It's kinda self explanatory.

KcMizzou
11-22-2007, 02:26 AM
It's kinda self explanatory.True... but he just kinda embraces it, and makes it his own.

In my mind, Ari is "The" douche-nozzle.

:)

MadMax
11-22-2007, 02:30 AM
Notice Whitlock does not say who did coin "King Carl" if he didn't.

Prolly some long haired hippy punk In SE Mizzery...
:p

Redcoats58
11-22-2007, 02:31 AM
True... but he just kinda embraces it, and make it his own.

In my mind, Ari is "The" douche-nozzle.

:)
lol

KcMizzou
11-22-2007, 02:39 AM
lolIt's Border War week... the biggest ever.

I'd bet the prick would take it as a compliment, coming from me.

Guru
11-22-2007, 02:40 AM
Saturday is just going to be UGLY in this thread.

jwhit
11-22-2007, 06:18 AM
I scan Chiefsplanet pretty much every day. You guys post most of the stories that are interesting about the Chiefs. It's one-stop shopping.

Zebedee DuBois
11-22-2007, 06:28 AM
I scan Chiefsplanet pretty much every day. You guys post most of the stories that are interesting about the Chiefs. It's one-stop shopping.

That's what I do, too! :)

I usually keep my opinions to myself, though. :(

stumppy
11-22-2007, 06:41 AM

Along with a daily dose of comedy and dipshittery.

I think the membership pledge starts out something like " Maybe next year in the five year plan".

KC Tattoo
11-22-2007, 06:46 AM
CeePee VS Fatlock

I HATE THEM BOTH!!! I wish both of them would get fired, and we can move on with our lives and enjoy watching and reading about the Chiefs.

Bob Dole
11-22-2007, 06:59 AM
CeePee VS Fatlock

I HATE THEM BOTH!!! I wish both of them would get fired, and we can move on with our lives and enjoy watching and reading about the Chiefs.

Killjoy.

Skip Towne
11-22-2007, 07:47 AM
You have your TrINT. I have MUron and aTm. We really should let the others play too.

Delano
11-22-2007, 08:05 AM
You have your TrINT. I have MUron and aTm. We really should let the others play too.

You think you coined At The Moment?

Skip Towne
11-22-2007, 08:09 AM
You think you coined At The Moment?
No, that would be ATM. This is aTm.

Coach
11-22-2007, 08:22 AM
At least I know I can say that I coined the term of "Queen Carla".

HypnotizedMonkey
11-22-2007, 08:43 AM
dipshittery.

Accurate representation

ROFL

Phobia
11-22-2007, 09:02 AM
At least I know I can say that I coined the term of "Queen Carla".

This is awkward for me, but that's a little embarrassing. It's not funny and it smacks of 2nd grade.

BigRedChief
11-22-2007, 09:18 AM

UHHHHHH Jwhit was covering Grandview, Lee's Summit, Independence non-sports local news for his first 6 months to year at the KC Star. He wasn't chit before here.

Phobia
11-22-2007, 09:28 AM
UHHHHHH Jwhit was covering Grandview, Lee's Summit, Independence non-sports local news for his first 6 months to year at the KC Star. He wasn't chit before here.

I would like to see you two in some sort of competition, be it eating ribs or a short footrace. I think it would be hilarious to witness a very large white, white, white guy competing against a very large black guy for some strange reason. I'm easily amused. I like watching midgets run too.

BigRedChief
11-23-2007, 06:15 AM
I would like to see you two in some sort of competition, be it eating ribs or a short footrace. I think it would be hilarious to witness a very large white, white, white guy competing against a very large black guy for some strange reason. I'm easily amused. I like watching midgets run too.
He may take me in the eating ribs catagory but I could take him at the pizza buffett.

Hey, I can't be the white, really white guy....I have freckles. Man, when I was a elementary school student I looked like I has stepped out of a Norman Rockwell painting.

You set it up and I'm all in for your amusement. What charity will I be debasing myself for?