PDA

View Full Version : Vikes to LA?

Skip Towne
07-04-2001, 09:25 AM
There s a rumor floating around that Red McCombs is shopping the "Viqueens" around. Possibly to a group who wants to move them to LA. Does anyone know anything about this?

KCGannonStalker
07-04-2001, 10:00 AM
I've not heard that rumor, but you should be careful about referring to the Minnesota NFL team as the "Viqueens."

Another rumor has it that some overzealous, liberal, lawsuit happy nut-case is running amok on KC Chiefs bulletin boards and is reporting comments it finds offensive to the authorities and threatening unfounded legal action.

~Dennis
<a href="http://kcgannonstalker.homestead.com">#1 KC fan</a> seriously concerned about lawsuits

NaptownChief
07-04-2001, 10:11 AM
Hey Stalker,

You being the Chiefs biggest fan, I would like to hear your assesment of our chances this year with Brent Green under center and Priest Lauderdale running the ball

KCGannonStalker
07-04-2001, 10:18 AM
Ahem. Our new running back's name is Keith Holmes.

I'll try to develop an in-depth assessment and post it on the site. That's a great idea for a feature article that displays my knowledge of the team and football in general!

~Dennis

NaptownChief
07-04-2001, 10:23 AM
I look forward to it...After posting your assessment of the offense and giving us all time to absorb it, you could then post your expert assessment of the defensive side of the ball next month. That should help lift everyone's sprits between now and the season...

HolyHandgernade
07-04-2001, 10:57 AM
I've heard that rumor out here in California for about a year now. Last I heard, however, is that the deal was dead. In fact owners were taking that possibilty seriously in the early realignment talks. Haven't heard anything on it for a while now.

Brock
07-04-2001, 11:01 AM
KCG, your website is the funniest friggin' thing I have seen in a long time!

BIG_DADDY
07-04-2001, 12:42 PM
A bit psychotic but funny none the less.

Luzap
07-04-2001, 01:44 PM
KCGannonStalker,

I hereby nominate you for this award.

Great job on your website: hilarious, entertaining, and accurate.

I encourage everyone to view your site as well as read your open letter.

Luz
if i can assist in any way...

DanT
07-04-2001, 02:14 PM
Man, Minneapolis already lost the Lakers and Lou Grant to LA. That would just be cruel if they lose the Vikings, also. :)

Rick Stephens
07-04-2001, 02:27 PM
The NFL has said there will not be another team in southern California until there is another stadium in place. No one here is talking about building a stadium and there in no agreed upon site to build one. I believe that is just a rumor as the NFL has said they control the NFL market.

One Arrowhead Dave
07-04-2001, 04:23 PM
Those rumors also include Red moving the Vikes to San Antonio.