Archie F. Swin
11-22-2007, 12:46 AM
rock mutherfukcing chalk

Bump
11-22-2007, 12:47 AM
KU wins with defense with sound offense. 28-14

Guru
11-22-2007, 12:49 AM
I would pick KU for this reason alone....

Mangino has owned Pinkel for a while now.

Sure-Oz
11-22-2007, 12:53 AM

Mangino can eat Pinkel anytime now.
FYP

Guru
11-22-2007, 12:55 AM
FYP
That too. ROFL

greg63
11-22-2007, 12:59 AM
Voted a KU win.

KcMizzou
11-22-2007, 02:01 AM
I took Mizzou.. due to the offense.

Missouri just has so many weapons. NFL quality players at several positions.

And Maclin... that guy's just a step above everyone else. (If not, a step quicker, at least.)

I'm not guaranteeing a Mizzou win, by any means. If we win, I'm damned sure we'll have to earn it.

But, I think Mizzou will come out on top, against a great KU defense.

Mizzou just has too many weapons. Talib can't cover Maclin, Coffman, Rucker, and Franklin by himself.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-22-2007, 02:19 AM
KU has the better defense. MU's defense is just terrible, they won't be able to stop KU. KU's defense is good enough to where we'll stop them just enough or force a mistake by the MU offense. It'll be kind of like the MU vs. OU game. OU had the better D in that game and made them make one mistake and that was enough to win it because MU's D is so terrible. I'd be upset if we don't drop at least 40 on their defense.

KcMizzou
11-22-2007, 02:23 AM
KU has the better defense. MU's defense is just terrible, they won't be able to stop KU. KU's defense is good enough to where we'll stop them just enough or force a mistake by the MU offense. It'll be kind of like the MU vs. OU game. OU had the better D in that game and made them make one mistake and that was enough to win it because MU's D is so terrible. I'd be upset if we don't drop at least 40 on their defense.Prepare to be upset.

Mizzou's D is terrible? You're sadly mistaken.

I'll admit that KU's D is probably a little better... but if you think Mizzou's D is terrible, you're probably still stuck on the preseason expectations.

The reality is, Mizzou has a very good defense.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-22-2007, 02:27 AM
Prepare to be upset.

Mizzou's D is terrible? You're sadly mistaken.

I'll admit that KU's D is probably a little better... but if you think Mizzou's D is terrible, you're probably still stuck on the preseason expectations.

The reality is, Mizzou has a very good defense.

Yes, it is. You will see the revolving door that is MU's defense on Saturday.

KcMizzou
11-22-2007, 02:28 AM
Yes, it is. You will see the revolving door that is MU's defense on Saturday.Can't wait. ;)

beer bacon
11-22-2007, 04:42 AM

Mangino has owned Pinkel for a while now.

Mangino owned Brad Smith. Chase owns Mangino 42-17.

beer bacon
11-22-2007, 04:45 AM

What a joke. MU defense #2 scoring and total defense in conference play, right behind KU. Oh yeah, that doesn't even account for MU playing Oklahoma and Texas Tech while KU played OSU and Baylor.

KU's defense has not been any better than MU's. The only people that believe Kansas' defense is better attributes undue significance to KU holding their non-con opponents to 6 ppg.

Guru
11-22-2007, 04:53 AM
Mangino owned Brad Smith. Chase owns Mangino 42-17.
Pinkel owned no one? :evil:

beer bacon
11-22-2007, 04:55 AM
Pinkel owned no one? :evil:

42-17 ROFL

Guru
11-22-2007, 04:55 AM
42-17 ROFL
You said Chase did that.

beer bacon
11-22-2007, 04:57 AM
You said Chase did that.

Yes. I attribute our success last season to Chase being a different style QB than Brad. KU's defense had Brad's number.

Guru
11-22-2007, 05:00 AM
Yes. I attribute our success last season to Chase being a different style QB than Brad. KU's defense had Brad's number.
That they did. It always shocked me when I would hear the score of the game afterwards. I think Whitlocked named KU the Brad Smith Bottling Company or something along those lines.

beer bacon
11-22-2007, 05:11 AM
That they did. It always shocked me when I would hear the score of the game afterwards. I think Whitlocked named KU the Brad Smith Bottling Company or something along those lines.

Brad Smith's Tigers biggest problem was consistency. Our entire offense went through him, and it was always feast or famine. Contain Brad, and you got the results KU did. Let Brad run loose and he could put up 300 passing yards and 200 rushing.

Mangino is a great coach. I don't think anybody in the Big 12 disagrees with that, not even many hate-fueled Mizzou fans. We just think he is one fat bastard.

Also, lots of KU fans are still railing on Pinkel, but I don't how anyone that has watched MU games this season couldn't see that he has significantly improved this season. Pinkel's biggest problem has always been second half collapses. This year, he has done a much better job of second half adjustments. Our defense has usually been better in the second half then they were in the first.

Guru
11-22-2007, 05:30 AM
Brad Smith's Tigers biggest problem was consistency. Our entire offense went through him, and it was always feast or famine. Contain Brad, and you got the results KU did. Let Brad run loose and he could put up 300 passing yards and 200 rushing.

Mangino is a great coach. I don't think anybody in the Big 12 disagrees with that, not even many hate-fueled Mizzou fans. We just think he is one fat bastard.

Also, lots of KU fans are still railing on Pinkel, but I don't how anyone that has watched MU games this season couldn't see that he has significantly improved this season. Pinkel's biggest problem has always been second half collapses. This year, he has done a much better job of second half adjustments. Our defense has usually been better in the second half then they were in the first.

I am thrilled to see both teams doing well. Especially with the game in Arrowhead on a national setting with HUGE national implications.

What sucks is that Carl and the Chiefs have trained me well as to what to expect. I hope the curse within Arrowhead does NOT rub off on my team of choice. :banghead:

HonestChieffan
11-22-2007, 08:06 AM
Bird Beats Stupid Cat.

CupidStunt
11-22-2007, 08:07 AM
Goin' with MU but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Lzen
11-22-2007, 08:46 AM

Ahem......um.......hey Cody......... MU can actually play a little defense this year. That is all.

CHIEF4EVER
11-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Without a Gaz option, this poll is worthless and thus invalid.

Jilly
11-22-2007, 11:57 AM
where's the Mizzou will win because Kansas sucks and had an easier schedule and aren't nearly as good as everyone thinks they are option?

smittysbar
11-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Wow just what we needed another poll.

beer bacon
11-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Bird Beats Stupid Cat.

Cartoon bird.