PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Lilja? John Tait?

petegz28
11-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Anything else need to be said about Carl's complete impotence on managing our O-Line players?

We cut a guy who is starting for the defending World Champs?

Carl is done. The 5-18 year plan has to come to an end.

Bump
11-21-2007, 11:46 PM
there was no way in hell Tait would have resigned here, I guess Carl and him didn't get along so well. Lilja had to be a coaching error because he wasn't really anything when he went to the Colts.

Sure-Oz
11-21-2007, 11:48 PM
The biggest loss has to be Craphonso Thorpe

Phobia
11-21-2007, 11:50 PM
Wow. Sour grapes. Tait had a poison pill that would have been impossible to match. Does anybody outside of KC or Chicago really know who the guy is? I'm guessing he's not making any pro-bowls anytime soon.

Lilja was a strategic error, no doubt. Sometimes you sneak players onto the practice squad and sometimes you don't. If Roaf had retired a year earlier Lilja would still be a Chief.

petegz28
11-21-2007, 11:51 PM
there was no way in hell Tait would have resigned here, I guess Carl and him didn't get along so well. Lilja had to be a coaching error because he wasn't really anything when he went to the Colts.

Yes that is exactly right. King Carl pissed off Tait and ****ed us out of our future LT. We didn't want to pay him LT money to play RT because we thought Roaf would last forever.

And if Lilja was a coaching error WTF does that say about Solari as an O-Line coach?

Count Zarth
11-21-2007, 11:51 PM
If Carl hadn't tagged Tait he might be here.

Phobia
11-21-2007, 11:52 PM
You're crazy, Pete. Everybody in your department thinks you're a nutjob. This thread proves it.

petegz28
11-21-2007, 11:53 PM
You're crazy, Pete. Everybody in your department thinks you're a nutjob. This thread proves it.

Hey I didn't need this thread to get people to think I am a nutjob. I did that way before this thread thank you!

Phobia
11-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Hey I didn't need this thread to get people to think I am a nutjob. I did that way before this thread thank you!
At least you're a good sport. :D

I'm not in the business of defending the Chiefs strategic moves but crying over these two guys is a waste of time.

If you want to crack on the Chiefs for signing Kris Terry, I'll bring my pitchfork and torch.

petegz28
11-21-2007, 11:54 PM

Hmm I guess then I will have to think twice about some people in my department recommending a certain contractor if I need one.

KC Tattoo
11-21-2007, 11:55 PM
We wouldn't be talking about the FB position if King Carl didn't let TONY RICHARDSON go. A PRO BOWL FB, one of the best players we had that was apart of the flying circus offense. T. Rich. earned a bigger paycheck. :banghead:

:cuss:
F U, Carl Peterson, F U

petegz28
11-21-2007, 11:56 PM
At least you're a good sport. :D

I'm not in the business of defending the Chiefs strategic moves but crying over these two guys is a waste of time.

If you want to crack on the Chiefs for signing Kris Terry, I'll bring my pitchfork and torch.

Dude what do you think led to the signing of Terry? The whole point is Carl ****ed our O-line for the last several years and did jack shit to plan for the future.

"Crying" over these guys is symbolic of the limp dick approach Peterson took with our O-Line.

Guru
11-21-2007, 11:56 PM
I thought we lost Lilja because of Vermeil? Even though he blamed it on the NFL and their "stupid rules".

Phobia
11-21-2007, 11:57 PM
If TRich wanted to stay, he could have. He left for guaranteed money. The Chiefs offered similar money but no guarantee.

Phobia
11-21-2007, 11:58 PM
Dude what do you think led to the signing of Terry? The whole point is Carl ****ed our O-line for the last several years and did jack shit to plan for the future.

"Crying" over these guys is symbolic of the limp dick approach Peterson took with our O-Line.

That's crap. The Chiefs have drafted line prospects in high and low rounds for the past several years. How can a prospect really develop riding the bench behind a couple HOF players?

petegz28
11-21-2007, 11:58 PM
If TRich wanted to stay, he could have. He left for guaranteed money. The Chiefs offered similar money but no guarantee.

T-Rich left primarily because he was not going to get the playing time in our 2-TE dominant offense.

petegz28
11-21-2007, 11:59 PM
That's crap. The Chiefs have drafted line prospects in high and low rounds for the past several years. How can a prospect really develop riding the bench behind a couple HOF players?

How can a GM go on thinking guys like Shields, Roaf, Weigmann were going to last forever?

Phobia
11-22-2007, 12:05 AM
How can a GM go on thinking guys like Shields, Roaf, Weigmann were going to last forever?

That's a loaded and a dumb question. Carl Peterson is an intelligent man. I'm sure he didn't think they'd last forever. You can only draft so many players and only so many guys develop. Our defense has blown so badly that's been a priority for a while. I guarantee a 1st day tackle in 08 - maybe two.

greg63
11-22-2007, 12:06 AM
Anything else need to be said about Carl's complete impotence on managing our O-Line players?

We cut a guy who is starting for the defending World Champs?

Carl is done. The 5-18 year plan has to come to an end.

...Not so long as he is putting coin in Clark Hunt's pocket.

Count Zarth
11-22-2007, 12:07 AM
Carl Peterson is an intelligent man.

I'm not so sure that his heart and ego doesn't override his brain sometimes, though.

greg63
11-22-2007, 12:09 AM
I'm not so sure that his heart and ego doesn't override his brain sometimes, though.

I agree....(I feel so dirty)

petegz28
11-22-2007, 12:10 AM
That's a loaded and a dumb question. Carl Peterson is an intelligent man. I'm sure he didn't think they'd last forever. You can only draft so many players and only so many guys develop. Our defense has blown so badly that's been a priority for a while. I guarantee a 1st day tackle in 08 - maybe two.

Intelligent? We have 0 RB's basically, we have 0 FB's, we have 3 guys on our O-Line that have no biz in football, we wasted a draft pick on a kicker that didn't last 2 games and 2 guys we desperately could use are starting on other teams cause we let them go for whatever reason.

Why is it teams like Indy and NE and Pit and Dallas and others can put together teams that are sound on both sides of the ball and we can't?

Why do we have to be all D or all O?

However this would explain why we are 0 for how many in the playoffs since Montana?

Phobia
11-22-2007, 12:15 AM
I'd say the answer to your "all D or all O" question lies more with the coaching selections which Carl is ultimately responsible for.

Players are hit & miss dude. If Indy had spent a high pick on Ryan Sims I promise you they wouldn't have won a SB last year. Bust picks like that set a franchise back years. Sometimes they just don't work. We can't realistically expect a GM to hit with every pick and UFA signing.

Bump
11-22-2007, 12:18 AM
remember when us Chiefs fans kept getting pissed off because we kept drafting o-linemen high?

Guru
11-22-2007, 12:18 AM
I'd say the answer to your "all D or all O" question lies more with the coaching selections which Carl is ultimately responsible for.

Players are hit & miss dude. If Indy had spent a high pick on Ryan Sims I promise you they wouldn't have won a SB last year. Bust picks like that set a franchise back years. Sometimes they just don't work. We can't realistically expect a GM to hit with every pick and UFA signing.
Sure we can. We expect the world don't we?

petegz28
11-22-2007, 12:21 AM

Do you hear me whining about Jenkins or Riley? Do you hear me crying about Sims or Siavi? Hear me screaming anything about Kawika?

The fact is we were the only team dumb enough to trade up for Sims.

We were the only team dumb enough to waste a draft pick on a kicker that is already demoted to practice squad.

If a coach comes in and wants to lopside the team one way or the other that is CeePee 's fault for not building a strong team on both sides.

Maybe if CeePee hired real coaches and not his friends....well you go on defending Carl. I have had enough of his show. He hasn't won anything in all these years. We have not anything of a balanced team since Marty and that is pushing it.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 12:23 AM
remember when us Chiefs fans kept getting pissed off because we kept drafting o-linemen high?

Look it is not about drafting a bust high. It is about what you do to fix your **** up?

Do you ever think something is one way, find out you are wrong and live with it? Or do you take steps to adapt or fix or repair whatever you were wrong about?

greg63
11-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Sure we can. We expect the world don't we?

Is that asking too much?

Guru
11-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Look it is not about drafting a bust high. It is about what you do to fix your **** up?

Do you ever think something is one way, find out you are wrong and live with it? Or do you take steps to adapt or fix or repair whatever you were wrong about?
I thought it was normal in these parts to focus on the positives and ignore the negatives. ;)

J Diddy
11-22-2007, 12:27 AM
Do you hear me whining about Jenkins or Riley? Do you hear me crying about Sims or Siavi? Hear me screaming anything about Kawika?

The fact is we were the only team dumb enough to trade up for Sims.

We were the only team dumb enough to waste a draft pick on a kicker that is already demoted to practice squad.

If a coach comes in and wants to lopside the team one way or the other that is CeePee 's fault for not building a strong team on both sides.

Maybe if CeePee hired real coaches and not his friends....well you go on defending Carl. I have had enough of his show. He hasn't won anything in all these years. We have not anything of a balanced team since Marty and that is pushing it.

This is the dumbest thing I ever heard, when Sims was drafted he was slotted as the number 1 dt. Hell, the trade took so long our time was out we had to block Minnesota from getting sims with one of our coaches. So to say that wasn't a good move from the day of the draft perspective is idiotic. In hindsight I wish the coach that would have blocked the Vikings would have been a little smaller.

The day of the draft they didn't have the luxury of hindsight

Phobia
11-22-2007, 12:28 AM
That kicker isn't on our practice squad. Despite what Herm said in a press conference, he was never signed to the PC.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 12:28 AM
I thought it was normal in these parts to focus on the positives and ignore the negatives. ;)

What positives? That we have planned 0 on how to handle an aging offense? Roaf retired months before camp and CeePee acted like the guy was going to come back and did nothing! Not 1 real FB signed or drafted in 2 years?

Give me a flipping break!

petegz28
11-22-2007, 12:29 AM
That kicker isn't on our practice squad. Despite what Herm said in a press conference, he was never signed to the PC.

Well then that just makes it even worse heh?

But WTF do I know I am a nutjob who thinks wasting a draft pick on a kicker is a stupid thing to do when you need people on O and D for that matter.

greg63
11-22-2007, 12:32 AM

It's the other way around dude.

J Diddy
11-22-2007, 12:33 AM
What positives? That we have planned 0 on how to handle an aging offense? Roaf retired months before camp and CeePee acted like the guy was going to come back and did nothing! Not 1 real FB signed or drafted in 2 years?

yep he did nothing

your homerism glasses are probably the same size as harry careys

Guru
11-22-2007, 12:34 AM
It's the other way around dude.
I was referring to Carl. He always deflects the negative reporting by stating the positives of his work.

Phobia
11-22-2007, 12:34 AM

Dude, the Chiefs have developed undrafted fullbacks for as long as I can remember. The only FB I recall who was drafted was Donnell Bennett. I don't think crying about fullback is gaining you any credibility in this discussion. Herm Edwards is known for rarely using a blocking FB in his offensive system.

If the Chiefs had drafted a FB in the 4th round you'd be in here complaining that it was too high and the Chiefs should have gotten a G there.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 12:36 AM
This is the dumbest thing I ever heard, when Sims was drafted he was slotted as the number 1 dt. Hell, the trade took so long our time was out we had to block Minnesota from getting sims with one of our coaches. So to say that wasn't a good move from the day of the draft perspective is idiotic. In hindsight I wish the coach that would have blocked the Vikings would have been a little smaller.

I disagree with what Sims was slated for. I heard different opinions than yours at the time and they were not very promising. Ok, so shit happens. What did we do to fix it? Nothing for years and now we are lucky to have singed Boone and he is playing at a higher level than what was expected.

See drafting is only one part. MANAGING is the key part to being a GM. CeePee has managed to screw us badly and it is all snowballing.

The old wise saying of "an ounce of prevention...." really is what rings in my head right now.

For Christ's sake Seattle has gone to a SB, Tampa Bay, Baltimore, NE, Denver, GB.....tons of teams and some even multiple times in the last 10 years or so and here we are fingering ourselves in the ass wondering WTF it takes to win?

HTF does everyone else do it?

greg63
11-22-2007, 12:38 AM
I was referring to Carl. He always deflects the negative reporting by stating the positives of his work.

True, the dude spins so much he's got to be spending much of his conscious life in a perpetual state of dizziness.

Micjones
11-22-2007, 12:39 AM
We can make good on the Lilja situation and bring him back in the off-season. Hopefully he still wants to play football in this area.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Dude, the Chiefs have developed undrafted fullbacks for as long as I can remember. The only FB I recall who was drafted was Donnell Bennett. I don't think crying about fullback is gaining you any credibility in this discussion. Herm Edwards is known for rarely using a blocking FB in his offensive system.

If the Chiefs had drafted a FB in the 4th round you'd be in here complaining that it was too high and the Chiefs should have gotten a G there.

Yeah I know, moving a pass-catching TE to FB where he has never played was a great ****ing move.

I think your credibility is on the line here if you think in 2 years time not have a legit FB on our team is not an issue. I mean since we are a running team and all? WTF would we need a legit FB?

Don't assume what you think I might do. I, unlilke some of the asshats I work with that you know, wait until a draft or trade happens before I comment on it.

But the fact remains in the last 3-5 years CeePee has done absolutely jack shit in dealing with this O.

Unless you think bringing guys out of retirement and moving pass catchers to run blockers is a good move. Obviously you do.

That's Raider shit. Are you a ****ing Raider fan now?

petegz28
11-22-2007, 12:43 AM
yep he did nothing

your homerism glasses are probably the same size as harry careys

If my homer glasses were on I would be cheering moving a pass catching TE and a can't cut it LB to our FB postion.

J Diddy
11-22-2007, 12:43 AM
I disagree with what Sims was slated for. I heard different opinions than yours at the time and they were not very promising. Ok, so shit happens. What did we do to fix it? Nothing for years and now we are lucky to have singed Boone and he is playing at a higher level than what was expected.

See drafting is only one part. MANAGING is the key part to being a GM. CeePee has managed to screw us badly and it is all snowballing.

The old wise saying of "an ounce of prevention...." really is what rings in my head right now.

For Christ's sake Seattle has gone to a SB, Tampa Bay, Baltimore, NE, Denver, GB.....tons of teams and some even multiple times in the last 10 years or so and here we are fingering ourselves in the ass wondering WTF it takes to win?

HTF does everyone else do it?

Just like Phobia said a bit ago, 1 bad early first round draft pick sets you way back---cap etc.

Honestly the way I see it he got dv thinking he could build a kick ass o because our o sucked and d was "okay" an ok d with dv would have at least given us a deep playoff run I believe it

I think he hired herm "defensive coach" because the o was bad ass and the d was suck ass going back to the if the d is ok with the offense we had deep playoff run

Problem is head coaches philosophy cuts the balls off the offense

ds good because that's what he cares about

Guru
11-22-2007, 12:45 AM
Just like Phobia said a bit ago, 1 bad early first round draft pick sets you way back---cap etc.

Honestly the way I see it he got dv thinking he could build a kick ass o because our o sucked and d was "okay" an ok d with dv would have at least given us a deep playoff run I believe it

I think he hired herm "defensive coach" because the o was bad ass and the d was suck ass going back to the if the d is ok with the offense we had deep playoff run

Which is exactly why Carl needs to stop picking from the family tree for coaches.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 12:46 AM

Yes I wouldn't want our GM to do his ****ing job and build a solid team cause his friends that he hires as coaches seem to want to be one way or the other.

Who hires these coaches that want to be so one-sided?

petegz28
11-22-2007, 12:47 AM
Which is exactly why Carl needs to stop picking from the family tree for coaches.

Rep!

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2007, 12:51 AM
But the fact remains in the last 3-5 years CeePee has done absolutely jack shit in dealing with this O.

Hey drama queen - what the hell is drafting a stud WR, a freaking QB, signing LJ & TG to extenstions, and even signing McIntosh that is quite a bit for the offense. Everything you have bitching about the Chiefs actually tried something but injuries and retirement caused problems.

For one if you remember Tait sucked at LT, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU GIVE HIM LT MONEY WHEN HE WASNT GOOD, Bears had to move to RT. Lilja was a typical PS type move, it just backfired - not a real biggie. Sims was the best DT in the draft at that time, he ended up being a bust. Wilson wasnt even a fullback until Cruz got hurt last year and they kept him there bc he played decent. They have drafted guards but they didnt turn out - I think they were trying.

Not you said they didnt try - I call BS. They tried it just didnt turn out, so istead of being a whiny drama queen think before you start posting. And no I am not sticking up for King Carl bc I think he sucks.

MadMax
11-22-2007, 12:51 AM

Kinda gets inbred like huh? :) Ever heard any of our coaches and " mastermind " used in the same sentence? Me neither :banghead:

Guru
11-22-2007, 12:53 AM
Kinda gets inbred like huh? :) Ever heard any of our coaches and " mastermind " used in the same sentence? Me neither :banghead:
mastermind?

I can think of only one active coach that would apply to.

MadMax
11-22-2007, 12:53 AM
Hey drama queen - what the hell is drafting a stud WR, a freaking QB, signing LJ & TG to extenstions, and even signing McIntosh that is quite a bit for the offense. Everything you have bitching about the Chiefs actually tried something but injuries and retirement caused problems.

For one if you remember Tait sucked at LT, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU GIVE HIM LT MONEY WHEN HE WASNT GOOD, Bears had to move to RT. Lilja was a typical PS type move, it just backfired - not a real biggie. Sims was the best DT in the draft at that time, he ended up being a bust. Wilson wasnt even a fullback until Cruz got hurt last year and they kept him there bc he played decent. They have drafted guards but they didnt turn out - I think they were trying.

Not you said they didnt try - I call BS. They tried it just didnt turn out, so istead of being a whiny drama queen think before you start posting. And no I am not sticking up for King Carl bc I think he sucks.

I agree Simms busted on his own ( that hurt ) I respectfully disagree about Tait, he is a good LT but wanted too much money IMO...

J Diddy
11-22-2007, 12:54 AM

I don't think Carl should be the one doing the picking. That said I can say it's not because under carl we had a good offense and a bad defense or a bad offense and a good defense

He just hasnt done what hes supposed to do and that's get us a championship I don't give a flip about his methods; I just care that the results haven't been in line with what he was hired to do

J Diddy
11-22-2007, 12:55 AM
I agree Simms busted on his own ( that hurt ) I respectfully disagree about Tait, he is a good LT but wanted too much money IMO...tait wasn't so great at LT, was a good rt though

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2007, 12:56 AM
tait wasn't so great at LT, was a good rt though

Exactly that is why they went after Roaf. Everybody forgets that the Bears had him play RT as well.

keg in kc
11-22-2007, 12:57 AM
Wow. Sour grapes. Tait had a poison pill that would have been impossible to match. Does anybody outside of KC or Chicago really know who the guy is? I'm guessing he's not making any pro-bowls anytime soon.That pretty-much covers it.

Tait's not particularly good and he's overpaid.

MadMax
11-22-2007, 12:57 AM
mastermind?

I can think of only one active coach that would apply to.

LOL they routinely call pipe bombers master minds.. :)

MadMax
11-22-2007, 12:59 AM
Blech! Happy Thanksgiving to all, im up too late and drinking as usual.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 12:59 AM

You can call whoever you want. The fact is we are running with broken players who had to get pulled out of retirement. We have 0 FB's. Wilson cannot even play the TE position he was drafted to play. Cruz got hurt LAST year as you said. So what did we do?

The fact is CeePee has tried to patch the O together with band-aids and you know this. The sun shines on a dog's ass every now and then so TG and Bowe show up. WTF good does it do to have a start WR and TE if you aren't going to throw the ****ing ball to them?

Bottom line is there are a lot of teams that are simply making us look stupid top-bottom.

Why is it Shanahan can plug in anyone at any time and get decent results on offense yet still maintain a respectable D?

Why is it the Steelers can plug in anyone at any time on D and get decet results and still maintain a respectable O?

petegz28
11-22-2007, 01:04 AM
Exactly that is why they went after Roaf. Everybody forgets that the Bears had him play RT as well.

Dude of course they went after Roaf over Tait.

That's like saying do you want Verlander or Jorge De La Rosa?

Phobia
11-22-2007, 01:18 AM
Yeah I know, moving a pass-catching TE to FB where he has never played was a great ****ing move.

I think your credibility is on the line here if you think in 2 years time not have a legit FB on our team is not an issue. I mean since we are a running team and all? WTF would we need a legit FB?

Don't assume what you think I might do. I, unlilke some of the asshats I work with that you know, wait until a draft or trade happens before I comment on it.

Unless you think bringing guys out of retirement and moving pass catchers to run blockers is a good move. Obviously you do.

That's Raider shit. Are you a ****ing Raider fan now?

You see Bigfoot lined up at FB frequently? The answer to that question is yes. How often does he motion out? How often does he run a route from the FB position? How often is he actually asked to block? How many times did you see a FB bust open a hole for Curtis Martin? It's a LOW priority position on this team. Get used to it.

Carl has done plenty with the O the past 2 years. Surely I don't need to go down a list.

Phobia
11-22-2007, 01:22 AM
You can call whoever you want. The fact is we are running with broken players who had to get pulled out of retirement. We have 0 FB's. Wilson cannot even play the TE position he was drafted to play. Cruz got hurt LAST year as you said. So what did we do?

The fact is CeePee has tried to patch the O together with band-aids and you know this. The sun shines on a dog's ass every now and then so TG and Bowe show up. WTF good does it do to have a start WR and TE if you aren't going to throw the ****ing ball to them?

Bottom line is there are a lot of teams that are simply making us look stupid top-bottom.

Why is it Shanahan can plug in anyone at any time and get decent results on offense yet still maintain a respectable D?

Why is it the Steelers can plug in anyone at any time on D and get decet results and still maintain a respectable O?

The grass is always greener. Bronco fans would say that you're wrong.

The Steelers are actually a whole lot like the Chiefs organization top to bottom, believe it or not. The glaring difference is they won a SuperBowl.

I find myself agreeing with you in bits and pieces, dude. But your other views are so extreme that I think you're a bit nutty.

Happy Thanksgiving. I'm turning in.

DT4everaChief
11-22-2007, 05:31 AM
Let's not forget that the Chiefs and Carl Peterson cut Joe Horn several years ago who went on to be a pro bowl player. I really don't think Carl knows how to judge a players talent because of the crappy players he has drafted (Ryan Sims and all the others) and the good players he has let go (Donnie Edwards, Joe Horn, John Tait, Ryan Lilja) and whom ever else I may have forgotten.

HMc
11-22-2007, 06:33 AM
i've read this entire thread and all i know is that phobia made my wife fat

Mecca
11-22-2007, 06:40 AM

Actually I disagree with you, for the entire year preceding that draft John Henderson was thought of as the best player in the entire draft..then he dropped because teams thought he had some sort of back problem..then no lie the Chiefs thought he was to tall to be a DT.

Then the consensus #1 pick dropped back a bit with Sims, Haynesworth and Wendell Byant and it was a crapshoot who was the best guy at that point...sadly the Chiefs didn't pick the guy they thought was most talented they picked the guy that Dick's friend coached.

KC Tattoo
11-22-2007, 07:04 AM
Actually I disagree with you, for the entire year preceding that draft John Henderson was thought of as the best player in the entire draft..then he dropped because teams thought he had some sort of back problem..then no lie the Chiefs thought he was to tall to be a DT.

Then the consensus #1 pick dropped back a bit with Sims, Haynesworth and Wendell Byant and it was a crapshoot who was the best guy at that point...sadly the Chiefs didn't pick the guy they thought was most talented they picked the guy that Dick's friend coached.

The first thing I did in Madden 07 was trade for John Henderson and dump Simms. John Henderson would have been a beast for us. Carl Peterson is an idiot.

Coach
11-22-2007, 07:26 AM
Well at least Tait can't be any worse than Terry.

Phobia
11-22-2007, 07:50 AM
Well at least Tait can't be any worse than Terry.

Tait is a serviceable RT. He's not spectacular. He's not bad. He's 10x better than Terry. He's also paid 100x more.

Phobia
11-22-2007, 07:51 AM
The first thing I did in Madden 07 was trade for John Henderson and dump Simms. John Henderson would have been a beast for us. Carl Peterson is an idiot.

Carl Peterson is an idiot but you are not for using a Madden transaction to illustrate a real-life point.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 09:12 AM
You see Bigfoot lined up at FB frequently? The answer to that question is yes. How often does he motion out? How often does he run a route from the FB position? How often is he actually asked to block? How many times did you see a FB bust open a hole for Curtis Martin? It's a LOW priority position on this team. Get used to it.

Carl has done plenty with the O the past 2 years. Surely I don't need to go down a list.

I think you have a homoerotic fantasy of CeePee

Yes he has done plenty to screw this O in the last 2 years.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Let's not forget that the Chiefs and Carl Peterson cut Joe Horn several years ago who went on to be a pro bowl player. I really don't think Carl knows how to judge a players talent because of the crappy players he has drafted (Ryan Sims and all the others) and the good players he has let go (Donnie Edwards, Joe Horn, John Tait, Ryan Lilja) and whom ever else I may have forgotten.

Keith Traylor????? I mean we have not had any good DT's since we let him go.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 09:17 AM
Carl Peterson is an idiot but you are not for using a Madden transaction to illustrate a real-life point.

It's a low priority cause some asshat thinks they can continue to run the 2 TE based formations we did with DV.

DV was not a smashmouth guy. Herm is. Smashmouth teams need smashmouth FB's.

Yet you seem to be content with running for 0 yards and flaring out our FB for 1 yard passes.

Phobia
11-22-2007, 09:21 AM
I'm far from content, dude.

I honestly thought you'd come in sober this morning and feel dumb about this thread.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm far from content, dude.

I honestly thought you'd come in sober this morning and feel dumb about this thread.

Shit you are a Ceepee suck up. But you Palmer and Roger go on thinking I am a nut job.

I guess anytime someone calls CeePee out on his obvious failure to address what we all saw as oncoming O-Line problems your panties get all bunched up.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Just admit it Phobia....Bob Gretz is your hero isn't he?

scott free
11-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Piss on Lilja AND Taint, i want to see this roster loaded with young, up & coming players.

This all pure spilt milk & theres nothing that can be done about it now, lets move on to the future.

I want to see young behemoths, 6'4+...320+ mashers on this line, like Dallas, only younger.

phisherman
11-22-2007, 09:54 AM
pete, you are kind of nutty, but that's part of your charm.

who else can i argue about football with at work if not for you?

Messier
11-22-2007, 09:55 AM
The line can be fixed in one season, if that is THE focus of the off season, and I have no doubt it will be.

phisherman
11-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Shit you are a Ceepee suck up. But you Palmer and Roger go on thinking I am a nut job.

I guess anytime someone calls CeePee out on his obvious failure to address what we all saw as oncoming O-Line problems your panties get all bunched up.

and FWIW, i agree w/ pete about the O line issues

so there phil (gretz jr.), take that!

petegz28
11-22-2007, 10:00 AM
and FWIW, i agree w/ pete about the O line issues

so there phil (gretz jr.), take that!

Ah....Sprint Rep!!!! ROFL

I think Phil (Phobia) Gretz has been hanging around Roger too much!!!

JohnnyV13
11-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Actually,

If Carl had used the franchise tag on Tait, he might have been here. Carl instead tried to play it cheap and used the transition tag. With the more expensive franchise tag, any team that signed him would have had to give up a 1st round pick. The transition tag only gives matching rights, which is why the poison pill worked.

JohnnyV13
11-22-2007, 10:11 AM

He played RT with the bears b/c that's where tait wanted to play and the Bear had drafted Marc Columbo (who had a bunch of injuries). Tait DID move to LT his 2nd season in chicago and played there in the Super Bowl.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Piss on Lilja AND Taint, i want to see this roster loaded with young, up & coming players.

This all pure spilt milk & theres nothing that can be done about it now, lets move on to the future.

I want to see young behemoths, 6'4+...320+ mashers on this line, like Dallas, only younger.

So does everyone else except CeePee and Co.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-22-2007, 12:17 PM
I've never seen a thread about this topic before. Ground breaking.

petegz28
11-22-2007, 12:18 PM
I've never seen a thread about this topic before. Ground breaking.

:grr:

jjchieffan
11-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Tait had a poison pill that would have been impossible to match.
That is pretty immature if you ask me. Tough negotiations in his rookie contract, and four years later, he is still mad about it? Good grief! Who needs a crybaby like that. Anyone who can hold a grudge like that for 4 years has got some serious issues. Screw him. He would probably be pouting and underforming for us now if he is that friggin immature.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-22-2007, 12:29 PM
:grr:

Calm down Pete Gas, I don't want you to sick Joey Abs on me.