PDA

View Full Version : Has there ever been a woman game show host?

RJ
11-22-2007, 10:52 AM
It occurs to me that I've never seen a woman host a game show. Sure, there was the British woman on the second incarnation of that millionaire show, but I'm not sure that counts. Granted, I don't watch much television, but I just don't recall ever seeing a woman in this very important job.

Why is that? Is there something in the male genes that makes us more qualified for game show hosting? Obviously it isn't a matter of physical strength. In fact, the physically demanding jobs like letter turning and pointing at things are always performed by women.

Is it about the hugging and kissing? Game show hosts are regularly embraced by the female contestants. Are we in this country perhaps uncomfortable with seeing female on female hugging? I, for one, am not.

In an age where we very well might see the first woman president, why have women not been able to break down the game show hosting doors? How do we explain this to our daughters? And should your own daughter aspire to host her very own game show, how do you tell her that she can never rise higher than scantily clad letter turner/pointer person? I hope I am never put in that position.

Easy 6
11-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Meredith Viera is doing "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" i believe.

Its definitely a rarity though.

Ari Chi3fs
11-22-2007, 10:57 AM
what about that rude bitch on The Weakest Link?

OnTheWarpath58
11-22-2007, 11:00 AM

Yep.

That broad was one tough B.

"You ARE the weakest link. GOODBYE...."

RJ
11-22-2007, 11:07 AM

Is it still the British woman? If so, I don't think she counts. I'm talking about home grown American women.

JohnnyV13
11-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Yep.

That broad was one tough B.

"You ARE the weakest link. GOODBYE...."

The only reason that B didn't get verbally slammed by contestants is because it would make them the target to get voted off the next round (that and the fact she had the editing camera on her side even if some contestant DID top her).

Fact is, she wasn't very clever (even with the production crew feeding her lines).

Jilly
11-22-2007, 11:26 AM
what? Women are just for show and shouldn't speak unless spoken to

Valiant
11-22-2007, 12:47 PM

You had Einstein's penis in your mouth didn't you...

:) :) ;)

Jilly
11-22-2007, 12:54 PM
You had Einstein's penis in your mouth didn't you...

:) :) ;)

:redface:

"Bob" Dobbs
11-22-2007, 01:16 PM
http://www.gsn.com/shows/dogeatdog/elements/images/shows_dogeatdog_v_set1.jpg
Brooke Burns is the hostess of Dog Eat Dog on GSN. Not exactly "Jeopardy!", but it's an excuse to look at Brooke Burns.

Thig Lyfe
11-22-2007, 02:23 PM

I don't think she counts as a woman.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
11-22-2007, 03:45 PM
I don't think she counts as a woman.
...and Drew Carey counts as a man?

Bob Dole
11-22-2007, 03:53 PM

That's why they have boobies.

POND_OF_RED
11-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Summer Sanders hosted figure it out on nickelodeon. That show was awful....

jagerdrinker
11-22-2007, 04:02 PM
What about the chick on "Dog Eat Dog?"

RJ
11-22-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm frankly appalled that Martha Burke hasn't been all over this issue.

"Bob" Dobbs
11-22-2007, 08:44 PM
What about the chick on "Dog Eat Dog?"
Hello, see post #10.

jagerdrinker
11-22-2007, 08:49 PM
I can only see the odd numbered posts for some reason, your highness, sorry that I missed post no. 10.

Amnorix
11-22-2007, 10:49 PM

She made that show. She was a riot.

Ultra Peanut
11-23-2007, 03:47 AM
Summer Sanders hosted figure it out on nickelodeon. That show was awful....And scripted.

Poorly.

BigMeatballDave
11-23-2007, 06:52 AM
Meredith Viera is doing "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" i believe.

Its definitely a rarity though.I believe Scott addressed this issue and he seemed to be ignored...

RJ
11-23-2007, 08:54 AM
I believe Scott addressed this issue and he seemed to be ignored...

But Dave, you have to ask yourself, is she a legitimate game show host? Or is she just a token, installed by "The Man" to appease the women of our country?

I think the question of game show host gender is an important one. They are, after all, key players in the distribution of our nation's wealth. How many fortunes have men like Bob Barker and Alex Trebek doled out? And at the same time, how many have they snatched away? Very powerful men, these GSH's, and I don't believe they want to allow women into the inner sanctum.

Where, I ask, is the outrage?

jidar
11-23-2007, 09:15 AM
What woman can live up to Richard Dawson, the host of family feud?
Even as a kid I realized that guy was a bit fresh with the ladies and it was more than a little creepy. As I got older I realized my impression was right and he was totally feeling up all those chicks, and then with my age and newfound wisdom I realized it wasn't creepy, just awesome!

Family Guy noticed

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FIQa61UojOQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FIQa61UojOQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Easy 6
11-23-2007, 09:41 AM
I believe Scott addressed this issue and he seemed to be ignored...

Thanks Dave, take THAT all of you jerks... :harumph: .

:)