PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching the K-State BB game?

Skip Towne
11-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Just starting the 2nd half, KSU down by 11.

Silock
11-22-2007, 09:46 PM
I was just about to ask this.

WAY too many turnovers for KSU.

KcMizzou
11-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Who are they playing?

Silock
11-22-2007, 09:47 PM
George Mason.

KcMizzou
11-22-2007, 09:48 PM
George Mason.Wow, surprising score.

Silock
11-22-2007, 09:49 PM
50-37 now.

Skip Towne
11-22-2007, 09:49 PM
They just sat Beasly down 1 minute into the half. Dunno why.

Skip Towne
11-22-2007, 10:08 PM
12:00 to go , KSU down by 9.

Short Leash Hootie
11-22-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm pulling for KSU just so Skip will STFU

Reerun_KC
11-22-2007, 10:10 PM
KSU one player wonder team....

NO beasley = no chance to compete with bottom feeders.

Skip Towne
11-22-2007, 10:16 PM
67-55 at the 10 minute mark. Beasly on the bench with 4 fouls. Saul and William conspicuously absent.

Short Leash Hootie
11-22-2007, 10:17 PM
67-55 at the 10 minute mark. Beasly on the bench with 4 fouls. Saul and William conspicuously absent.
maybe because it's Thanksgiving?

Skip Towne
11-22-2007, 10:18 PM
maybe because it's Thanksgiving?
Maybe because they are cowards?

alanm
11-22-2007, 10:19 PM
But I thought KSU just had the GRCOAT. How could this be? :hmmm:

Bump
11-22-2007, 10:19 PM
lol

Mecca
11-22-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm watching USC wreck Arizona State...

Short Leash Hootie
11-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Can't win them all...

Where will you be when KU starts losing a game?

Skip Towne
11-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Can't win them all...

Where will you be when KU starts losing a game?
The same place I have been since 1957. Long before you were born.

Short Leash Hootie
11-22-2007, 10:25 PM
The same place I have been since 1957. Long before you were born.
Congratulations. Did you enjoy your Burger King tonight?

Reerun_KC
11-22-2007, 10:25 PM
But Frank Martin is a awesome coach.. He will scheme their way out of this... He has proved it many of times on the College level...

Skip Towne
11-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Congratulations. Did you enjoy your Burger King tonight?
I answered. Check your rep, junior.

Short Leash Hootie
11-22-2007, 10:28 PM
I answered. Check your rep, junior.
Whopper with cheese or without cheese? I must know...

alanm
11-22-2007, 10:29 PM
I know nobody gives a shit about this but I wish I could see the Nebraska/Creighton game tomorrow.

Skip Towne
11-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Whopper with cheese or without cheese? I must know...
I've got your lunch swinging little fellow.

Short Leash Hootie
11-22-2007, 10:30 PM
I've got your lunch swinging little fellow.
Check your rep.

Sure-Oz
11-22-2007, 10:31 PM
On the USC telecast they were comparing freshman and Beasley's name had a KU logo next to it, niiiice

Skip Towne
11-22-2007, 10:33 PM
Check your rep.
Hahahahahaha.

Silock
11-22-2007, 10:35 PM
Okay, Walker is good, but he isn't really impressing me like all the hype lead me to believe.

Skip Towne
11-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Okay, Walker is good, but he isn't really impressing me like all the hype lead me to believe.
Same with Beasly so far. He just fouled out after making no impact.

Silock
11-22-2007, 10:43 PM

He had a lot of points, though.

Skip Towne
11-22-2007, 10:45 PM
He had a lot of points, though.
Not nearly enough.

Skip Towne
11-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Man, that Frank Martin reminds me of Jack Hartman. Well, except for the talent.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2007, 10:53 PM
dam mildcats need to get their shite together

KevB
11-22-2007, 10:55 PM

Right, other than the 26 and 11. Other than that, the guy did nothing.

Skip Towne
11-22-2007, 10:55 PM
dam mildcats need to get their shite together
Really! They looked awful. Gave up numerous lay ups. Shitty on defense. I really hate that.

KevB
11-22-2007, 10:57 PM

Walker was terrible tonight, just trying to hard to force things. KSU was hyped when they had Hoskins supposedly healthy, and another top recruit coming in Dominique Sutton. Hoskins is huge, because he's the one senior who could help lead this team. He's out with a knee injury, and nobody knows when he'll return. Sutton starts 2nd semester, but I'm not sure how much another freshman is going to help.

hawkchief
11-22-2007, 11:15 PM
What a pathetic bunch of misfits, both players and coaches alike for KSUck. They are going to make Quin Snyder and his gang of thugs look like the John Wooden teams of the 70's.

Haven't seen such a poorly coached group of me-first kids in a long time. Martin is in so far over his head he's going to drown in one of his 500 per game F-bombs. Walker has a pathetic attitude and can't shoot a lick on his worn out knees. Beasley is a player with an attitude that matches Walker's and his coaches.

KSU fans should be embarrased. They went from having a class coach like Hartman to THuggins and now Martin. The type of coaches and kids now running the program will not leave a positive impression on anyone.

KevB
11-22-2007, 11:23 PM
What a pathetic bunch of misfits, both players and coaches alike for KSUck. They are going to make Quin Snyder and his gang of thugs look like the John Wooden teams of the 70's.

Haven't seen such a poorly coached group of me-first kids in a long time. Martin is in so far over his head he's going to drown in one of his 500 per game F-bombs. Walker has a pathetic attitude and can't shoot a lick on his worn out knees. Beasley is a player with an attitude that matches Walker's and his coaches.

KSU fans should be embarrased. They went from having a class coach like Hartman to THuggins and now Martin. The type of coaches and kids now running the program will not leave a positive impression on anyone.

What an insightful post, thanks for those astute observations. Quality, through and through.

chiefsfan987
11-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Eh, I don't think its that bad of a loss. At least it was to a team that went to the final four just two years ago and look to be an underrated team again this year.

KcMizzou
11-22-2007, 11:48 PM

KSU fans should be embarrased. They went from having a class coach like Hartman to THuggins and now Martin. The type of coaches and kids now running the program will not leave a positive impression on anyone.Heh, that's a bit harsh.

dr00d
11-23-2007, 12:22 AM
What an insightful post, thanks for those astute observations. Quality, through and through.

I was embarassed by the performance tonight. Walker definately disappointed and yes, I have never seen such a poorly coached game in my life. Hopefully Frank gets some things figured out...and soon.

As for Skip Towne, it doesn't surprise me that he has nothing better to do than obsess over a KSU basketball game on the boards on Thanksgiving night, trolling for attention. Congrats on using your big bad rep card for the billionth time.

KevB
11-23-2007, 01:52 AM
I was embarassed by the performance tonight. Walker definately disappointed and yes, I have never seen such a poorly coached game in my life. Hopefully Frank gets some things figured out...and soon.

As for Skip Towne, it doesn't surprise me that he has nothing better to do than obsess over a KSU basketball game on the boards on Thanksgiving night, trolling for attention. Congrats on using your big bad rep card for the billionth time.

I don't think you can judge the "coaching" at this point. He's playing with a bunch of young players feeling their way through, and he's missing his key senior. I have concerns, but early in the season with a team like this --- it's going to be a bit bumpy.

Boyceofsummer
11-23-2007, 02:25 AM
give me a break. It's so early. Come back bitchin in several months! I'm a Jayhawk fan but pulls for K-State too. I'll be watching and expecting improvement from this young team and their young coaches. The streak may end this season.

Silock
11-23-2007, 02:49 AM
I'm a Jayhawk fan but pulls for K-State too.

BAN HIM!

BWillie
11-23-2007, 02:57 AM
BAN HIM!

Honestly I don't see anything wrong with KU fans being "OK" with K-State. I mean they are both state funded colleges. I've never understood why you HAVE to hate the other state school. I fully understand the hatred that goes along with Missouri though.

KcMizzou
11-23-2007, 02:58 AM
Honestly I don't see anything wrong with KU fans being "OK" with K-State. I mean they are both state funded colleges. I've never understood why you HAVE to hate the other state school. I fully understand the hatred that goes along with Missouri though.To be honest, we'd rather you hate us.

Ari Chi3fs
11-23-2007, 02:59 AM

ROFL

mikeyis4dcats.
11-23-2007, 08:31 AM

nope, some of us just have a life and family and firends to be with on Thanksgiving.

obviously you do not.

Beasley had 30 points (and 10 boards), and you don't think that was enough? The big issue was the stone cold 3pt shooting (2 of 26) and Gerogre Mason being failry hot on 3s (8 of 17).

Overall the guys looked a bit lethargic at times and lacked hustle under the net on some rebound opportunities. Lots of blocked shots and passes by GM.

Don't forget that GM isn't necessarily a slouch, after all, didn't they get farther in the NCAA tourney last year than KU, beating a #3 North Carolina and #1 UCONN along the way to the Final Four? Yeah, that's what I thought.

I made money winning a pool because they made it to the Final Four, so I'll always like them for that.

Braincase
11-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Honestly I don't see anything wrong with KU fans being "OK" with K-State. I mean they are both state funded colleges. I've never understood why you HAVE to hate the other state school. I fully understand the hatred that goes along with Missouri though.

As a KU fan with K-State hours and Wichita State paper, I'm in agreement here. I look at all three as sibling schools, but just like fighting in the backyard with your brother, it's family, but you still want to win.

The KU/MU hatred goes to the bone, however. I work with several MU alum, and they were downright cold and nasty this week. I think that bodes well for KU. MU seems to be gripping alot harder than KU is.

Mr. Laz
11-23-2007, 11:06 AM
As a KU fan with K-State hours and Wichita State paper, I'm in agreement here. I look at all three as sibling schools, but just like fighting in the backyard with your brother, it's family, but you still want to win.

The KU/MU hatred goes to the bone, however. I work with several MU alum, and they were downright cold and nasty this week. I think that bodes well for KU. MU seems to be gripping alot harder than KU is.
the KSU rivalry is totally different

i actually want KSU to be good ....... good enough to take 2nd place behind KU. :p

i just want mizzou to die

WilliamTheIrish
11-23-2007, 01:43 PM
The same place I have been since 1957..

Skip will go where he always goes when they lose. Deep inside his mother's uterus. Curls up in the fetal position and cowers. Like clockwork.

Of all the people on this board, you've got the nerve to call anybody a coward? From the guy who created a dummy account when he said he was taking a break from the board a while back?

Gold. Absolute gold.

KcMizzou
11-23-2007, 01:44 PM
the KSU rivalry is totally different

i actually want KSU to be good ....... good enough to take 2nd place behind KU. :p

i just want mizzou to dieLMAO

We love you too, Laz. :)

WilliamTheIrish
11-23-2007, 01:45 PM

Let it all out. Phognetters. Ya gotta love em. They have such high BBIQ.

hawkchief
11-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Everyone is proud of their team, but I know many a K-State fan that is fed up with what's happened to their program. Perhaps you are different.

Any semblance of building a team or program for that matter at KSU has apparently been scrapped, and that's obvious to anyone with any level of BBIQ to see. Enjoy the next 90 days with Beasly, after that it will only get worse, if that's possible.

Sure-Oz
11-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Too bad that bob huggins totally fugged up KSU

Mr. Laz
11-23-2007, 02:50 PM
LMAO

We love you too, Laz. :)
:redface:

WilliamTheIrish
11-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Everyone is proud of their team, but I know many a K-State fan that is fed up with what's happened to their program. Perhaps you are different.

Any semblance of building a team or program for that matter at KSU has apparently been scrapped, and that's obvious to anyone with any level of BBIQ to see. Enjoy the next 90 days with Beasly, after that it will only get worse, if that's possible.

I must say I enjoy the Phlognet perspective. "I have plenty of friends who are friends who are fed up" .... It's reality in their tiny little minds. KSU is now "thugs" under a "thug coach". I love it.

You bet your ass I'll enjoy this season with Beaz. He's good enough to get KSU to the dance. Of course, he's a thug, with no work ethic.

Seriously, if this board didn't have the high grade candy asses like you, it wouldn't be worth reading.

WilliamTheIrish
11-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Too bad that bob huggins totally fugged up KSU

Damn him for winning 20+ games. The nerve of that Mf'er. I was upset when he left but he recruited a ton of talent. It's not the like the Big XII is difficult conference. Any team can jump up and finish in the top 3.

All I want is an NCAA bid. KSu has lots of work to do, but apparently 3 games is enough for most people to figure they are thugs and have scrapped all attempt to build a program.

hawkchief
11-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Damn him for winning 20+ games. The nerve of that Mf'er. I was upset when he left but he recruited a ton of talent. It's not the like the Big XII is difficult conference. Any team can jump up and finish in the top 3.

All I want is an NCAA bid. KSu has lots of work to do, but apparently 3 games is enough for most people to figure they are thugs and have scrapped all attempt to build a program.

William, take a peek through the purple haze for a moment. Your team is being "coached" by a completely unqualified, foul-mouthed guy that the players refer to as "Frank". The only reason he was selected to "coach" your team was to pacify Beasley so he could find it in himself to wear purple and live in Manhattan, KS during his 90 day NBA audition.

I realize you had nothing to lose by hiring THuggins, but in retrospect, it has gotten the KSU program very little, if anything. If Martin continues to "coach" at the level he's shown so far, you will be looking at your 4th coach in 3 years after this season. If that's building a program, congrats!

Mr. Arrowhead
11-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Good Job Mason, way to represent the Mid Majors!!!