PDA

View Full Version : Are in your face Christians getting really boring.?

oleman47
07-04-2001, 11:53 PM
Or is it ? I can't wait til football starts.

Phobia
07-05-2001, 12:19 AM
Not unless they are offensive or insulting....

Sometimes they are but most know where the line is.

California Injun
07-05-2001, 12:20 AM
I'd take those "in your face Christians" any day over the alternative....

....In your face Lions!!!!!!:p

tommykat
07-05-2001, 12:51 AM
I don't think so and really this isn't a good topic to get people going on again. We all have our beliefs...mine are different than some......But mine happen to be the right one....Our GOD reigns..:D :D :D

splatbass
07-05-2001, 12:55 AM
Yes, I believe religion is a personal thing, between each person and their God, and people shouldn't force their religion on others. I understand that they feel they are supposed to "spread the word", but I think it is rude. And if you ask me what my religion is, I'll just smile and say "sorry, I don't discuss it".

DaWolf
07-05-2001, 01:45 AM
I don't mind people approaching me with their religious beliefs, so long as they are willing to hear about my religious beliefs in return. I find it amusing how some people expect you to listen to them but when the tables are turned they aren't willing to listen to you...

Saggysack
07-05-2001, 03:38 AM
DaWolf: you couldn't be more right! It's called being closed minded to other peoples beliefs because they might begin to question their own.

Multi1
07-05-2001, 07:10 AM
splatbass

I remember reading (no quotes because it is from memory) Go ye therefore through all the world and spread the good news.

There is a time to talk and there is a time to be quiet, however do not pass the opportunity to tell someone about Christ, it may be their last chance to hear about him before the end.

KCJohnny
07-05-2001, 07:22 AM
On a bulletin board????

Tommykat: Amen!

KCJ

chieffanphil
07-05-2001, 08:24 AM
I am glad someone took the time to tell me about Jesus . I am ready for the season to start . Go Chiefs

Warrior5
07-05-2001, 08:29 AM
Not at all.

ck_IN
07-05-2001, 10:32 AM
And that would be as opposed to the in-your-face:

feminists
Gay loby
athiests
PETA folks
enviros
ICLU/ACLU ?

The latter of which took a local small town to court because they had a copy of the Ten Commandments posted on a public square. The same Commandments had been there for years to no complaint, but that's not good enough for the ICLU! They won their court case and the town had to take down the plaque. In a testament to ingenuity the plaque on public land was replaced by numerous cardboard plaques on private lawns. And there's not a <b>thing</b> the ICLU can do about it! :D

I'll take the Christians any day thank you.

Bob Dole
07-05-2001, 10:40 AM
Bob Dole has found that a pentagram painted in red on the front door of the house keeps the religious zealots from getting in Bob Dole's face.

Bob Dole doesn't consider BB discussion or religious discussion initiated by an acquaintance to be "in your face," so Bob Dole doesn't really have a problem with it.

NaptownChief
07-05-2001, 10:51 AM
Tommycats post reminds me of the movie Coming To America...The black religious guy on stage says "if lovin the lord is wrong, then I don't want to be right..."

It has nothing to do with this post, just a funny thought that went through my head.:D

old_geezer
07-05-2001, 10:57 AM
Why would you post yet another topic on Christianity if you truly found it to be boring? Your lame attempt to draw more criticism on Christians with this thread is what I find boring and self-centered. I expect better from you Donald. :rolleyes:

MrBlond
07-05-2001, 11:10 AM
They are not as bad as those hard-core, in-your-face, fundamentalist Agnostics.

Football Jesus
07-05-2001, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by TomCash
Go ye therefore through all the world and spread the good news.

however do not pass the opportunity to tell someone about Christ, it may be their last chance to hear about him before the end.

That is exactly right Tom.
Spreading my word is like Amway, you can never pass up an opportunity to tell your friends about it....