PDA

View Full Version : How bout them Packers

BIG_DADDY
11-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Here is to hoping they win it all. :toast:

KcMizzou
11-23-2007, 01:47 PM
I'd love to see it.

Hell, I'm all for anyone who can take out the Pats.

L.A. Chieffan
11-23-2007, 01:48 PM
IS THIS A PACKERS BAORD!!11!!1!!!1!?!?!?!?

Take that sheet back to Oshkosh Favre lover!!!

Nzoner
11-23-2007, 01:49 PM
I focked up,made plans to get together with the guys for the game next Thursday and just realized it's my Anniversary, :banghead:

BIG_DADDY
11-23-2007, 01:50 PM
I focked up,made plans to get together with the guys for the game next Thursday and just realized it's my Anniversary, :banghead:

NICE

BIG_DADDY
11-23-2007, 01:51 PM
IS THIS A PACKERS BAORD!!11!!1!!!1!?!?!?!?

Take that sheet back to Oshkosh Favre lover!!!

Yea but I have already talked about how grateful I am that Herm fixed our offense like a bizzillion times.

BigMeatballDave
11-23-2007, 01:52 PM
I am on their bandwagon.

thehead
11-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Would be sweet to see Favre win another SB,by the way the Packers are my NFC team

Nzoner
11-23-2007, 01:55 PM
I've already heard some pissed off people calling Sirius NFL to complain about the NFL Network having that Packer/Cowboy game next week because they can't see it.

Count Alex's Losses
11-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Rooting for the Cowboys.

Thig Lyfe
11-23-2007, 01:57 PM
GB and Dallas are playing two Thursdays in a row?

Mr. Laz
11-23-2007, 01:57 PM
i don't think i could take that much talk about Brett Favre. :shake:

Sure-Oz
11-23-2007, 01:58 PM
I'd say I'm rooting for the Pack, and Cowboys likely in the end.

Nzoner
GB and Dallas are playing two Thursdays in a row?

It's the NFL Network Thursday night game next week

Sure-Oz
I don't know if i could hear about the Pat's at this point anymore either, it's like picking your poison.

Mr. Laz
11-23-2007, 02:00 PM
I don't know if i could hear about the Pat's at this point anymore either, it's like picking your poison.
got to be rooting for an underdog this year

cleveland vrs Arizona? :shrug:

BIG_DADDY
11-23-2007, 02:05 PM
Rooting for the Cowboys.

Real SHOCKER there.

|Zach|
11-23-2007, 02:17 PM
I don't think the Packers make it out of the NFC.

Nzoner
11-23-2007, 02:21 PM

So then you're saying Dallas does?

BIG_DADDY
11-23-2007, 02:21 PM

I have to admit I have pretty shocked by their performance. Out of the top teams out there right now though I would really like to see them win it all. I absolutely detest the Cowgirls and as much as I enjoy watching Belichick give the bird to the league I really don't want to see them win another SB.

|Zach|
11-23-2007, 02:23 PM
So then you're saying Dallas does?
Possibly, Dallas has a lot of good things going for them. They are are doing good work. Sounds weird but I think the Seahawks are a team that could start putting it together and have a good December run to be a contender.

I also think the SB Champions will reside in Jacksonville.

|Zach|
11-23-2007, 02:24 PM
I have to admit I have pretty shocked by their performance. Out of the top teams out there right now though I would really like to see them win it all. I absolutely detest the Cowgirls and as much as I enjoy watching Belichick give the bird to the league I really don't want to see them win another SB.
They are playing great ball no doubt and have as good a shot as anyone. I don't really pull for them but I don't dislike them in the least.

Nzoner
11-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Possibly, Dallas has a lot of good things going for them. They are are doing good work. Sounds weird but I think the Seahawks are a team that could start putting it together and have a good December run to be a contender.

Oh gawd please not another Seahawk SB,there's something about that team that makes me want to :banghead:

Bwana
11-23-2007, 02:56 PM

If not for Farve, ALL the talk would be about Tom Brady from the talking heads. Under those conditions, thank God for Farve.

Bowser
11-23-2007, 02:58 PM
If not for Farve, ALL the talk would be about Tom Brady from the talking heads. Under those conditions, thank God for Farve.

Good point.

Deberg_1990
11-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Oh gawd please not another Seahawk SB,there's something about that team that makes me want to :banghead:

Ill take Holmgren for the next Chiefs HC if the Seahawks want to dump him

Count Alex's Losses
11-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Ill take Holmgren for the next Chiefs HC if the Seahawks want to dump him

Holmgren has one season better than 10-6 since in Seattle.

And his defenses leave a lot to be desired.

SNR
11-23-2007, 03:21 PM
The Sowboys are candy asses.

I'd be very surprised if the Packers didn't represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. They're a VERY good team. Good enough to beat the Patriots? Hell no. But still good enough to go to the Super Bowl

Count Alex's Losses
11-23-2007, 03:22 PM
The Sowboys are candy asses.

I'd be very surprised if the Packers didn't represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. They're a VERY good team. Good enough to beat the Patriots? Hell no. But still good enough to go to the Super Bowl

The Cowboys have a running game. The Packers do not. I think that will carry them further.

SNR
11-23-2007, 03:32 PM
The Cowboys have a running game. The Packers do not. I think that will carry them further.The Packers have been putting together a decent run game since they started giving the ball to Ryan Grant. I'd rather have Marion Barber and the Cowboy offensive line, sure, but it's decent enough to sustain drives and take some pressure off the pass attack. They've also run the screen with great success lately.

That's what makes the Packers so scary. Their offense has shown the most improvement of any other team in the NFL. The receivers have connected with Favre, they've figured out how to run with success, and they're calling the right plays. Right now they're playing like the closest thing to the Patriots that the NFC has.

Count Alex's Losses
11-23-2007, 03:33 PM
I guess it will be settled next week, but I still like Dallas better. Better run defense, too. The Packers' weapons on offense don't impress me that much. I like TO and Witten a lot more.

Next week is going to be a great game. There is nothing like Cowboys/Packers when they are playing well.

SNR
11-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Let's also not forget that the Packers have the REAL Brett Favre, and not just the supposed reincarnation that Dallas has.

Easy 6
11-23-2007, 09:04 PM
I want to see Dallas beaten, bloodied, in a word...DEAD. The Pack MUST win that game.

Favre is the ONLY QB capable of making a game of it against the Pats in the SB.

Any other NFC team will be summarily executed by NE.

Count Alex's Losses
11-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Favre is the ONLY QB capable of making a game of it against the Pats in the SB.

I don't agree with this. The Packers wouldn't run against New England. Belichick would murder Favre.

At least Dallas can keep them honest, and TO presents a matchup nightmare for the Patriots that no one one Green Bay can.

Mecca
11-23-2007, 09:11 PM

Did you just legit say Jacksonville can beat New England...

Easy 6
11-23-2007, 09:32 PM
I don't agree with this. The Packers wouldn't run against New England. Belichick would murder Favre.

At least Dallas can keep them honest, and TO presents a matchup nightmare for the Patriots that no one one Green Bay can.

I want to be able to GIVE a damn about atleast one team in the SB, if its Dallas - NE, i wont know who to hate more.

I think you severely underestimate Favre, he's seen it ALL, Bill the Bully isnt going to fool him with anything.

Also, i gaurantee you that Al Harris wont give Mess one free release off the line...he'll be in that guys face, bodying up on him all day long & be totally unintimidated. Sure, Mess is MUCH faster...but it may not matter if it takes him 3 seconds to go 5 yards.

Of course i'm assuming that they'd put Harris on him & not Woodson, Harris is the better matchup IMO.

barry_smilez20
11-23-2007, 09:35 PM
bret farve is a man

StcChief
11-23-2007, 10:35 PM
only team with a real shot at Pats....

barry_smilez20
11-23-2007, 10:38 PM
only team with a real shot at Pats....

this is true

Bump
11-23-2007, 11:26 PM
unless the Chiefs suddenly......f*ck it I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Ya, I'd love to see Brett Favre get another ring, he deserves it for sure! Maybe a Superbowl rematch Packers vs Pats.

|Zach|
11-24-2007, 12:04 AM
Did you just legit say Jacksonville can beat New England...
Straight up.

Mecca
11-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Straight up.

I'd bet everything I own against that happening....I don't see how they'd score enough.

Psyko Tek
11-24-2007, 12:05 AM
I would like to see the pat's wrack and ruin their way through the AFC to the bowl

only to be stopped by The Pack and the indomnitable Brett Favre

and then he retires and the NFL declares new england a football free zone and makes the pats play for the red sox

|Zach|
11-24-2007, 12:07 AM
I'd bet everything I own against that happening....I don't see how they'd score enough.
I am sure you don't

Mecca
11-24-2007, 12:10 AM
I am sure you don't

That's a nice implication but the Jags don't matchup with teams like the Pats.....the Colts already knocked the shit out of them on their own field.

The Jags are the 90s Chiefs, good regular season team but they don't matchup with the Pats or Colts.

|Zach|
11-24-2007, 12:18 AM
That's a nice implication but the Jags don't matchup with teams like the Pats.....the Colts already knocked the shit out of them on their own field.

The Jags are the 90s Chiefs, good regular season team but they don't matchup with the Pats or Colts.
I have watched way too much sports to just sit back and accept that the best team will win every match as we press on this season.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/09/01/sports/02michigan.600.1.jpg

Mecca
11-24-2007, 12:23 AM
I might agree if it wasn't the Pats....they are making a point to not just win but to kill everyone.

|Zach|
11-24-2007, 12:25 AM
I might agree if it wasn't the Pats....they are making a point to not just win but to kill everyone.
I actually like the Pats, a whole lot. I think they are the best team in football and I don't mind seeing them win.

Having said that IMO. The Jags will represent the AFC in the Superbowl.

Mr. Kotter
11-24-2007, 01:00 AM
Agreed.

One more for the road, for Mr. Favre! :thumb:

:toast:

Mr. Kotter
11-24-2007, 01:01 AM
I actually like the Pats, a whole lot. I think they are the best team in football and I don't mind seeing them win.

Having said that IMO. The Jags will represent the AFC in the Superbowl.

Come out of the closet, man.

Jags....well, heh....I won't even state the obvious.

:hmmm:

(that won't keep the fudge "packer" jokes from coming out of pure attempts to deflect....)

|Zach|
11-24-2007, 01:13 AM
Come out of the closet, man.

Jags....well, heh....I won't even state the obvious.

:hmmm:

(that won't keep the fudge "packer" jokes from coming out of pure attempts to deflect....)
I don't know what you are talking about man. You are going to have to enlighten me. People that don't use homo erotic humor constantly don't find it as obvious as you do. It just isn't an automatic thing like with you.

Mr. Kotter
11-24-2007, 01:16 AM
I don't know what you are talking about man. You are going to have to enlighten me. People that don't use homo erotic humor constantly don't find it as obvious as you do. It just isn't an automatic thing like with you.

Keep on believin', man. Anyone with anything approaching "normal" testosterone levels....understands completely.

Ask, Troy, Skip, or any of your other numerous "fans."

:)

Easy 6
11-24-2007, 07:31 AM
The Jags will represent the AFC in the Superbowl.

That is 100% pure CRAZY talk, are you ok??? I'll go get you some Nyquil, in the meantime go get yourself a hot bath & get some rest.

Nzoner
11-24-2007, 07:54 AM

Yeah,TO's 66 yds and 1 td in the last game were a real nightmare for the Pats.

The Pats have given up 100 yds or better in receiving 3 times this season and none of the 3 were TO nor another Dallas receiver.

Out of the 10 games played by the Pats the Cowboys gave up the 3rd most points to them of any team so far and that was in Dallas.Granted The Cowboys may have scored the 2nd most against them but that only shows(at least to me) that the Pats just kept the pedal to the floor still winning by 3 td's.

Maybe all these stats were unnecessary and all we can do is speculate but I'd be willing to bet you $50 that Favre would put up more than Romo's 199 yds and that one of Favre's receivers would surpass TO's output and that the Packer defense would keep the game closer than 3 td's.

StcChief
11-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Yeah,TO's 66 yds and 1 td in the last game were a real nightmare for the Pats.

The Pats have given up 100 yds or better in receiving 3 times this season and none of the 3 were TO nor another Dallas receiver.

Out of the 10 games played by the Pats the Cowboys gave up the 3rd most points to them of any team so far and that was in Dallas.Granted The Cowboys may have scored the 2nd most against them but that only shows(at least to me) that the Pats just kept the pedal to the floor still winning by 3 td's.

Maybe all these stats were unnecessary and all we can do is speculate but I'd be willing to bet you $50 that Favre would put up more than Romo's 199 yds and that one of Favre's receivers would surpass TO's output and that the Packer defense would keep the game closer than 3 td's.

in NFC The Packers have the best shot at knockin' Patsies off in SB.

I think we will see what their made of when they play Cowgirls in big D

Deberg_1990
11-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Favre knocked those Pansie Boston Pats off in 1997 Super Bowl, he can do it again in 08!!

Go Pack!!

Easy 6
11-24-2007, 08:29 PM

Theres simply no question about it.

barry_smilez20
11-24-2007, 08:53 PM
packers will dominate cowboys

Mojo Rising
11-25-2007, 03:34 AM
Here is to hoping they win it all. :toast:

Did Packfan (aka Ken Dienberg) resurface and take care of you last night?

This is a team that hung a loss on us this year and knocked LJ out.

Now that Barry Bonds has left your beloved Giants are you now searching for another selfesh, non-team player to root for?

Favre has let the Packers dangle in the wind while deciding if he is interested in playing the last few years. He has called out team mates while they were negotiating their contracts (after his was signed.)

milkman
11-25-2007, 08:26 AM
unless the Chiefs suddenly......f*ck it I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Ya, I'd love to see Brett Favre get another ring, he deserves it for sure! Maybe a Superbowl rematch Packers vs Pats.

Why does Favre deserve it?

If the Chiefs ain't going, I don't care who wins.