PDA

View Full Version : WVU or Ohio State?

CupidStunt
11-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Most of you MU/KU fans are confident for a win against each other, so for the sake of argument, assume your team gets it done tomorrow and then manages to beat Oklahoma...

Who scares you more in the title game?

BWillie
11-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Ohio State. West Virginia can't throw. Neither team makes my bones shake though. No team is dominate this year in college football.

Ari Chi3fs
11-23-2007, 05:22 PM
if KU gets to the Championship game. I don't care WHO it's against.

Spott
11-23-2007, 05:23 PM
They both equally scare sheep.

HolmeZz
11-23-2007, 05:26 PM
I think WVU vs. Ohio State is the most likely national title game at this point.

BWillie
11-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Imagine this scenario, West Virginia loses to UCONN. Kansas loses to Missouri. Missouri wins the Big 12 Title game.

That would leave the only teams with one loss of Kansas, Ohio State, and Missouri. (Hawaii doesn't count)

If only Michigan would of beaten Ohio State. It could of been a Missouri vs Kansas BCS title game hahahhaa

Thig Lyfe
11-23-2007, 05:28 PM
I think WVU vs. Ohio State is the most likely national title game at this point.

Jerkface. :harumph:

HolmeZz
11-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Kansas wouldn't have made the National Title game without being a single good team. Somebody else would've managed to jump them, like a USC.

ROYC75
11-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Kansas wouldn't have made the National Title game without being a single good team. Somebody else would've managed to jump them, like a USC.

being or beating ?

BigMeatballDave
11-23-2007, 05:38 PM
If only Michigan would of beaten Ohio State. It could of been a Missouri vs Kansas BCS title game hahahhaaIt would not happen. Kansas would drop too far.

Guru
11-23-2007, 05:38 PM
quit yer bitchin

BWillie
11-23-2007, 05:41 PM
It would not happen. Kansas would drop too far.

Why? Losing to ONLY the then #1 team in the country? It wouldn't make any sense not to let them play for it if they were the only two schools to have one loss. Unless you let Hawaii do it.

HolmeZz
11-23-2007, 05:54 PM
being or beating ?

Beating.

HolmeZz
11-23-2007, 05:55 PM
quit yer bitchin

What am I bitching about? I was responding to a hypothetical.

KC_Connection
11-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Imagine this scenario, West Virginia loses to UCONN. Kansas loses to Missouri. Missouri wins the Big 12 Title game.

That would leave the only teams with one loss of Kansas, Ohio State, and Missouri. (Hawaii doesn't count)

If only Michigan would of beaten Ohio State. It could of been a Missouri vs Kansas BCS title game hahahhaa
What if all those things happen, except Missouri loses the Big 12 title to Oklahoma?

That would leave two one loss teams in KU and Ohio State, but I think the title game would probably end up being the winner of LSU-Georgia and Ohio State.

KC_Connection
11-23-2007, 06:11 PM
It would not happen. Kansas would drop too far.
I don't anticipate Kansas will drop too far if they lose tomorrow.

Mecca
11-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Don't look now but here comes USC....

CupidStunt
11-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Don't look now but here comes USC....

They ain't sniffin' the MNC. Get the f**k outta here if you ain't staying on subject.

BigMeatballDave
11-23-2007, 06:25 PM
I don't anticipate Kansas will drop too far if they lose tomorrow.No, but too far to get another shot at the title, per BWillie007's senario...

Mecca
11-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Really?.......considering USC will probably jump to the area of 5 this week...

And the rest of these teams have games left to play, there is still a realistic chance.

BigMeatballDave
11-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Don't look now but here comes USC....No dice

Mecca
11-23-2007, 06:30 PM
LOL, dismiss it all you want but they're gonna jump up this week in the area of 3-6 most likely.....Big 12 title game...West Virgina has games left...

They'll be ahead of LSU and whoever loses this MU KU game, bank that.

BigMeatballDave
11-23-2007, 06:33 PM

And the rest of these teams have games left to play, there is still a realistic chance. I suppose it would be possible. MU/KU would have to lose next week. Also, WV would have to lose one of their 2 remaining games. Then you have Georgia currently at #7. Its a long shot. Highly unlikely...

Mecca
11-23-2007, 06:34 PM
I suppose it would be possible. MU/KU would have to lose next week. Also, WV would have to lose one of their 2 remaining games. Then you have Georgia currently at #7. Its a long shot. Highly unlikely...

Actually WV doesn't have to lose, just have to get to 2, not 1....USC and Georgia are going to be ranked right together I suspect, Georgia is playing in the SEC championship now right? That's surely no gimmie.

keg in kc
11-23-2007, 06:35 PM
I don't anticipate Kansas will drop too far if they lose tomorrow.Depends on the score.

My vote would go for West Virginia. I'd like to see them in it again.

CupidStunt
11-23-2007, 06:36 PM

And the rest of these teams have games left to play, there is still a realistic chance.

KU/MU, WVU and Ohio State is your Monday top three (assuming WVU takes care of business). UGA, Oregon, Oklahoma and Va Tech should all win, and USC is in the mix with them.

While I think USC is BETTER than WVU and Ohio State, they simply aren't going to jump either unless WVU screws up. There's also no way in hell USC is jumping the KU/MU winner if it beats Oklahoma. Also hope that Tennessee beats Kentucky because if they don't, and UGA beats LSU in the SEC Championship game, USC won't be rankd ahead of UGA before bowl games.

USC has a chance. But it's not a realistic one. In fact, it's a huge longshot. It needs WVU lose - that's unlikely. And even if they do, it needs Oklahoma to beat the KU/MU winner. Then it has to hope no one comes out of the clusterf**ked SEC, i.e. Georgia. And after all that, you're hoping that USC's wins are good enough to have them ranked above the likes of 2-loss Oklahoma (with a win over No. 1 ranked KU/MU) and 2-loss Oregon (which beat USC), NOT TO MENTION 2-loss Virginia Tech which will be theoretically coming off wins over No. 16 Virginia and top 10-to-15 ranked Boston College.

Pray.

Mecca
11-23-2007, 06:38 PM
It's still better than I expected considering earlier this year......

Oregon is going to lose, without Dennis Dixon they lose everything. They're team is injury rittled it's not even just him. The Pac 10 as a whole has been hard hit by the injury bug this year.

I'm hoping the USC name gets us something with voters to move us up, it has to count for something.

keg in kc
11-23-2007, 06:41 PM
LOL, dismiss it all you want but they're gonna jump up this week in the area of 3-6 most likelyNot unless there's more upsets this weekend. There's too many 1-loss teams left. I could see as high as 7 or 8, but no way 3.

They're going to need a lot of help.

Mecca
11-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Not unless there's more upsets this weekend. There's too many 1-loss teams left. I could see as high as 7 or 8, but no way 3.

They're going to need a lot of help.

Ok who won't they jump.....I'm expecting Oregon to lose.....

Let's also factor in they just totally ass raped #7 as a stand alone game on national TV Thanksgiving night.

Coach
11-23-2007, 06:47 PM

But that loss to Stanford is gonna haunt them more than you'd like to let on.

Coach
11-23-2007, 06:47 PM

Let's also factor in they just totally ass raped #7 as a stand alone game on national TV Thanksgiving night.

Even though I don't consider Arizona State that good really.

Mecca
11-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Even though I don't consider Arizona State that good really.

Well I don't really think Kansas is that good with their weak schedule but that doesn't change their record.....

HolmeZz
11-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Kansas would spank Arizona State.

Coach
11-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Well I don't really think Kansas is that good with their weak schedule but that doesn't change their record.....

Well, at least Kansas showed up when they played aganist the teams that weren't very good. At least winning them of course.

Again, Stanford isn't that good. USC overlooked them, and it came back and bit them in the ass.

Mecca
11-23-2007, 06:51 PM
I thought we were talking about Arizona State not being that good.....their losses are to Oregon and USC....

That would be like saying "Kansas sucks now" if they lose to Missouri because they finally played a team that wasn't awful.

DaKCMan AP
11-23-2007, 07:02 PM
WVU is a lot more explosive than OSU. Big 10 football is ugly and bad.

Mecca
11-23-2007, 07:04 PM
WVU is a lot more explosive than OSU. Big 10 football is ugly and bad.

I agree with this, WVU isn't bad, they play open offense and all that.

keg in kc
11-23-2007, 07:07 PM

Let's also factor in they just totally ass raped #7 as a stand alone game on national TV Thanksgiving night.They won't jump the winner of Kansas and Missouri, obviously (there's no guarantee they'll jump the loser of that game, either, depending on how it plays out). Beyond that there's West Virginia, Ohio State, Georgia and Virginia Tech, all of whom minus OSU (who they won't jump) should win this weekend. I don't think there's any guarantee they'll jump darling LSU, either.

That's at least 6 schools. KU/MU will be #1, then you'll have the mish-mash of WVU, OSU, Georgia and VPI. USC might take 6 from ASU, but LSU could also fall to that spot.

That's without even considering what Oregon and Oklahoma do tomorrow.

Like I said, they'll need more upsets this weekend...

Mecca
11-23-2007, 07:09 PM
How the hell would ASU be ahead of USC.......USC at worst is 6...

keg in kc
11-23-2007, 07:11 PM
How the hell would ASU be ahead of USC.......USC at worst is 6...When I said "take 6 from ASU" I mean take the vacated spot. ASU isn't in the mix in any way. The question is who will take 6 from them, whether it's USC, LSU, the loser of KU/MU or someone else (Oklahoma/Oregon). Could be anybody. I understand you're assuming it's USC because you're a fan, and it may be them, but there's no guarantee at this point.

Mecca
11-23-2007, 07:12 PM
At this point to be honest, I'm thrilled it looks like we'll get a BCS game, after what has gone on this year.

keg in kc
11-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Yeah, it's really set up nicely for a lot of teams who thought they'd be out of it.

This may be the most insteresting season we see in our lifetime.

KC_Connection
11-23-2007, 07:14 PM
But that loss to Stanford is gonna haunt them more than you'd like to let on.
:)

Bearcat
11-23-2007, 07:36 PM
assume your team gets it done tomorrow and then manages to beat Oklahoma...

Eh.. I'm not at all confident that this will happen, and I don't think many Kansas fans are. I'd like Mizzou's chances of beating OU, only because they've played them once already on the road.

I'd think either team would be better off against WVU, but I'd LOVE for WVU to lose to UConn or Pitt, the winner of MU/KU win the Big 12, and Mizzou or Kansas versus Ohio State.

The media would make fools of themselves, talking like Ohio State should win by 80, just like they did last year... when in fact, they are just as unproven in the awful Big 11 than KU or MU... and MU beat the common opponent (and if it was KU, they would have beaten the team that beat the common opponent... even if that's stretching it).

That's just a dream though, and I don't expect it to happen... OU will probably beat the winner of tomorrow night's game, and it'll be some sh*tty NC game like OSU and WVU.

KChiefs1
11-23-2007, 07:56 PM
WVU scares me more because of Steve Slaton & Pat White.

MU vs WVU would be a rematch of the 1998 Insight.com Bowl game too.