PDA

View Full Version : A musical question

Raiderhader
07-05-2001, 10:53 PM
Who is the artist that did Rock and Roll 2? And also, is there a Rock and Roll 1?

Brock
07-05-2001, 10:58 PM
Gary Glitter.

Raiderhader
07-05-2001, 11:12 PM
Thanks Brock.

Rausch
07-05-2001, 11:36 PM
PS. Just a side note....

The theme song of each and every high school kid who despises the system is: Another Brick In The Wall Part II.

Not "We don't need no education" or simply "Another Brick In The Wall." Sorry, peeve of mine.

PSS.

Pink Floyd is a group, not a person.....

:rolleyes:

Kids these days.....

Chiefs Pantalones
07-05-2001, 11:58 PM
Hey...Brad...leave those kids alone!

couldn't resist:D

Rausch
07-06-2001, 12:09 AM
Bad, bad joke.....shame on you......

:rolleyes:

mcan
07-06-2001, 12:12 AM
Question: who made/makes Pink Floyd so good.
Roger Waters (bass/lyrics/brain behind "the Wall")
David Gilmour (guitar/vocals/musical figurehead)

Chiefs Pantalones
07-06-2001, 12:12 AM
sorry... ba doom.. chi!! (drums)

:D

Raiderhader
07-06-2001, 08:13 PM
OK, I didn't find Gary Glitter in the store today, does anyone know what year RR2 was released in?

old_geezer
07-06-2001, 08:30 PM
Hader

I believe it was 1972.

Fantastic search engine www.google.com will enable you to find just about any information you want. (wish I knew how to insert links to these sites). :confused:

Sumofagum - I did it and didn't even know it. (Doooough!)

Raiderhader
07-06-2001, 08:50 PM
I just bought a '72 cd today, but it wasn't on there. Figures, it has been that kinda week.

I tried google, but didn't turn up anything. I'll try some more research later. Thanks anyway Geez.

KS Smitty
07-06-2001, 10:06 PM
Both!
I love Pink Floyd from Piper at the Gates of Dawn and Live at Pompeii to Division Bell and Pulse. You can tell when Roger left but it's still Pink! I LOVE PINK FLOYD!!! Saw them at Arrowhead in June of 1994. They didn't do Brain Damage and Eclipse but the rest was kick ***!!!!

I think R&R pt 2 came out in 74 but I wouldn't swear to it. Never heard of part 1.

Smitty
~Mary you're really a treat but you're really a cry
~By the way which one's Pink?

KCPHILLY
07-07-2001, 01:08 AM
Smitty writes:
Both!

I agree, you can tell the difference but it's still PINK. BTW, I went to the same show Smitty. On the floor 10 rows back from center stage. That was a powerful show to say the least.

Rausch
07-07-2001, 01:27 AM
kcsmitty,

You just found a new friend! :D

At 24 I'm a little young, but the Floyd are by far my favorite band. Saw them as well, but i thought it was 95....:D

The big pig and the huge ball, the screen for the video/live action was amazing...And at the beginning, when about 50 thousand + tossed tha' glow sticks down the stadium.....man, I'd never seen soo many people on the same page.....ever....

Of course, a year later I went to the chargers game, and Edwards knocked both Humphries and that New Orleans cast off out of the game! Bam! Same feel!

:D

FloridaChief
07-07-2001, 06:24 AM
You can order Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll (Pt2)" from Amazon. Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/107-3969387-3938163

Hmm...on 2nd thought, that link probably won't work. Go to amazon.com and do a search for Gary Glitter. You'll find what you want...

On the Waters vs Gilmour question: I could address this for hours...but MOHO, when Waters left, PF became a shell and a money-generating marketing scheme. I have no problem with Gilmour & co. wanting to make a lot of $$$--but let's call those post-Waters albums what they really are...Dave Gilmour solo albums released under the Pink Floyd banner. Why else would Gilmour, when preparing to record 1987's "Momentary Lapse of Reason", interview about a dozen potential lyricists in a shallow attempt to recreate the classsic '70s Floyd concept-album approach?

You can listen to PULSE and then listen to (Rog's) In The Flesh lps...I have, and I know 'which one's (truely) Pink'.