PDA

View Full Version : Lj on the Boomer show

booyaf2
11-29-2007, 07:42 AM
What did he say? Didn't see another thread about it.

Count Alex's Losses
11-29-2007, 07:45 AM
No idea. I'll link the replay when it's uploaded.

ILChief
11-29-2007, 08:06 AM
He said "Who is Boomer and why does he have a radio show?"

HonestChieffan
11-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Who cares?

Hog Farmer
11-29-2007, 08:07 AM
He said he'll be on the sidelines with a bag over his head this weekend.

Reerun_KC
11-29-2007, 08:09 AM
Does the guy ever play?

When will he actually make a play this year?

What a wasted roster spot...

Count Alex's Losses
11-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Does the guy ever play?

He played in the last game. We aren't very observant, are we?

ILChief
11-29-2007, 08:29 AM
Why doesn't Gilbert Harris have a radio show? Or Dmitri Patterson?

Count Alex's Losses
11-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Why doesn't Gilbert Harris have a radio show? Or Dmitri Patterson?

They are not white and from Iowa.

Iowanian
11-29-2007, 08:32 AM
Do you actually WATCH Chiefs games?

Boomer played quite a bit this week, and I thought did a pretty damn good job sealing off his guy. It was a nice improvement over bigfoot.

what a dumbass......

Does the guy ever play?

HonestChieffan
11-29-2007, 08:33 AM
LJ talks about his relationship with Mr T's clothes designer and the hardships of growing up in the ghetto of Happy Valley.

BigRedChief
11-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Does the guy ever play?

Have you been watching the games this year? You watch last week?

Boomer did a good job blocking. He has got more and more playing time as the year has went on and he continues to block good. And right now on this Chiefs team you need anybody that can block effectively on the field.

HonestChieffan
11-29-2007, 08:38 AM
Boomers cool. How can you not like Boomer?

PastorMikH
11-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Does the guy ever play?

Boomer is not only switching positions, he's switching from D to O. He's played D his entire life. It takes players more than just training camp to switch positions in an O - Wilson's been working on the switch for 2-3 years now. I say let's give Boomer a little more time. From what I've seen so far he's got potential to be a solid lead blocker - a FB that loves to hit, what a concept.

InChiefsHell
11-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Whattayamean, why does Boomer have a radio show?? People like him, he's cool and funny and all that...guys like LJ may be stars on the field, but he could never have a radio show...Boomer has the personality for it.

Next stupid question...

StcChief
11-29-2007, 09:26 AM
They are not white and from Iowa.
Canton Illinois dumb a$$

Count Alex's Losses
11-29-2007, 09:28 AM
Canton Illinois dumb a$$

See, look at that. Boomer is so obscure I got it wrong.

kc rush
11-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Does the guy ever play?

Don't you know anything? Nick Athan says that Boomer is irreplaceable.

HonestChieffan
11-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Boomer is one bright spot on this team. I like his gusto.

Chiefnj2
11-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Whattayamean, why does Boomer have a radio show?? People like him, he's cool and funny and all that...guys like LJ may be stars on the field, but he could never have a radio show...Boomer has the personality for it.

Next stupid question...

Maybe Jimmy Kimmel can be the next placekicker.

StcChief
11-29-2007, 09:53 AM
See, look at that. Boomer is so obscure I got it wrong.
not like he's from a large sh1ty city school.

he is a bright spot on the team. Smart,Plays with gusto. how many players switch from LB to FB....

He speaks well, writes, thinks and can do arithmetic...

He was an honor roll student as well. and graduated with a real degree from College in Business Admin. Not a basket weaving, park and rec degree.

how many players in the NFL can make that statement.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/Grigsby,Boomer-MLB-Illinois%20State.htm

Reerun_KC
11-29-2007, 10:05 AM
What is Grisby's number?

StcChief
11-29-2007, 10:06 AM
I cant think of any. Most are good enough to play at the position they were drafted at. Boomer is #2 at FB, hardly sees the field, and has been inactive half the season. Something to be proud about.

that should help him when they inevitably can his ass.

or when the other "star" athletes can't find work when they are cut/career injuried. because their dumb as dirt and pissed their HS/College chance to learn away.

Iowanian
11-29-2007, 10:07 AM
I think some of you didn't pay attention to last week's game at all.

Boomer played a lot and made some damn nice blocks.

Reerun_KC
11-29-2007, 10:11 AM

Sorry dude, still hungover from the holiday turkey and Jim Beam....

Can we be forgiven?

Phobia
11-29-2007, 10:14 AM
yeah, pretty much. I posted on WPI the phrase "boomer sucks" and he deleted it. http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=115#s=115&f=1839&t=1528284
Heh. Dude will never get it.

BigRedChief
11-29-2007, 10:14 AM

Including a nice pancake block on that crucial 4th and 1 play. His dude is on the ground with Boomer on top of him holding the hole open but Welbourne was too slow to get over there and take out the other Raider and the play got blown up.

Radar Chief
11-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Maybe Jimmy Kimmel can be the next placekicker.

:hmmm: Could he really be any worse than what we’ve got? :shrug:

StcChief
11-29-2007, 10:30 AM
What is Grisby's number?
it's now 46.
http://www.kcchiefs.com/players/

Reerun_KC
11-29-2007, 10:31 AM
it's now 46.
http://www.kcchiefs.com/players/

Will make note of it..

Thanks,

Easy 6
11-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Canton Illinois dumb a$$

He's EASILY the best thing to come out of that 'lil burg, i went to the main "club" there several years ago...what a hole in the wall.

I'd really like to see him get another year to grow into FB, FB's an attitude position & he has the right attitude & build for it.

GarySpFc
11-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Boomer is not only switching positions, he's switching from D to O. He's played D his entire life. It takes players more than just training camp to switch positions in an O - Wilson's been working on the switch for 2-3 years now. I say let's give Boomer a little more time. From what I've seen so far he's got potential to be a solid lead blocker - a FB that loves to hit, what a concept.

Actually Boomer was a FB in high school.

doomy3
11-29-2007, 10:46 AM
Boomer flattened a LB on one of Kolby's TDs

StcChief
11-29-2007, 10:55 AM
He's EASILY the best thing to come out of that 'lil burg, i went to the main "club" there several years ago...what a hole in the wall.

I'd really like to see him get another year to grow into FB, FB's an attitude position & he has the right attitude & build for it.

yeah the latest PRO athlete from Western Illinois area.....(that I know of)

The last one before him.... guess... Phil Bradley MU QB and MLB player.

This wiki page is kinda weak... I grew up with Phil and played sports with him. A natural smooth athlete.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Bradley

Tribal Warfare
11-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Wilson's been working on the switch for 2-3 years now.

he played FB in his freshmen and sophmore year at Pitt

InChiefsHell
11-29-2007, 11:47 AM
I could swear on Hard Knocks that Boomer said he had never played FB in is entire life...:shrug:

Fruit Ninja
11-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Well, he said he may play Sunday and he ran a bit today.

Count Alex's Losses
11-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Replay is up.

http://theboomergrigsbyshow.libsyn.com/

FAX
11-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Lenny says Boomer has been playing well.

He doesn't say that about a lot of Chiefs this year.

FAX

Fruit Ninja
11-29-2007, 12:41 PM
haha, he's ripping on Whitlock a little bit. Good stuff.

Count Alex's Losses
11-29-2007, 12:44 PM
"The next 48 hours are crucial as to whether I'll be able to play THIS SUNDAY or next Sunday."

:) :) :) :)

"I saved myself six months by not having surgery, and the foot's getting better a lot faster."

FAX
11-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Kolby got LJ's attention. Stay down, LJ. Go back to NY and play gangstah.

We have a running back who knows where the first down market is.

FAX

Sure-Oz
11-29-2007, 12:53 PM
It's nice to hear progress on LJ's ankle finally

Radar Chief
11-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Replay is up.

http://theboomergrigsbyshow.libsyn.com/

Thanks. :thumb:

FAX
11-29-2007, 12:54 PM
It's nice to hear progress on LJ's ankle finally

Yep. We can't trade him with only one ankle.

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
11-29-2007, 12:55 PM
It's LJ's foot.

Sure-Oz
11-29-2007, 12:56 PM
It's LJ's foot.
Sorry FOOT

FAX
11-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Or foot.

FAX

Fruit Ninja
11-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Kolby got LJ's attention. Stay down, LJ. Go back to NY and play gangstah.

We have a running back who knows where the first down market is.

FAX
Because he had 1 good game. What if he only has 20 yards this week? lol

Count Alex's Losses
11-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Larry sounds jealous of Kolby's success. Pissed about Whitlock bitching about leaving the game early in his Maybach car.

FAX
11-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Because he had 1 good game. What if he only has 20 yards this week? lol

Kolby will cut through the flashy thingies like hot cheese through Mr. Baby Lee. He had more yards in one game than LJ had practically all year.

Screw LJ. Right in the bling.

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
11-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Kolby will cut through the flashy thingies like hot cheese through Mr. Baby Lee. He had more yards in one game than LJ had practically all year.

FAX

FAX this is very shortsighted on your part. Kolby had one good game. But he DID carry the ball before this season. And he did NOTHING.

The offensive line had a good game. Kolby had a good game. It was not a coincidence. I saw some lanes Kolby ran through that looked like Larry might've run through to the house.

Count Alex's Losses
11-29-2007, 01:13 PM
LJ on his car - "Let's just say three Jason Whitlocks will fit in it."

Fruit Ninja
11-29-2007, 01:16 PM

FAX
1 game where he had blocking lanes? Your really getting worked up over 1 damn game by Kolby Smith? come on now.

Watch him have 40 yards with a few fumbles this game. I wanna see how bad the fans turn on him.

FAX
11-29-2007, 01:22 PM
FAX this is very shortsighted on your part. Kolby had one good game. But he DID carry the ball before this season. And he did NOTHING.

The offensive line had a good game. Kolby had a good game. It was not a coincidence. I saw some lanes Kolby ran through that looked like Larry might've run through to the house.

Maybe you're right, Mr. GoChiefs. Kolby has a way to go before he can take over LJ's role. He's not even close to LJ's skill level at the whine, pout, or the solo bench mope. All he does is find a hole and run the ball to the first down marker.

FAX

Pushead2
11-29-2007, 01:22 PM

How many of his runs though were cut backs to the outside and second / third efforts??? I give more credit to that then blocking.

FAX
11-29-2007, 01:26 PM
1 game where he had blocking lanes? Your really getting worked up over 1 damn game by Kolby Smith? come on now.

Watch him have 40 yards with a few fumbles this game. I wanna see how bad the fans turn on him.

Every great running back's career starts with one game, Mr. kcxiv. Ask Marcus Allen.

I say we should start work on Kolby's Arrowhead monument now. We'll need plenty of time to build it since it's going to be the biggest statue of all times.

FAX

FAX
11-29-2007, 01:28 PM
How many of his runs though were cut backs to the outside and second / third efforts??? I give more credit to that then blocking.

Exactly, Mr. Pushead2. Lenny said Kolby was making his yards on his own when the hole wasn't there ... bouncing outside, etc.. Apparently, that's beyond LJ's ability due to the weight of his enormous bling and all.

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
11-29-2007, 01:28 PM
What we should really be excited about is having two talented running backs for next season. Larry's carries will be kept down to an acceptable level all season. If Kolby turns out to be the real deal, he could extend LJ's career.

Fruit Ninja
11-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Again, i cant wait til he has a bad game so i can see the bi polar syndrome on him.

FAX
11-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Again, i cant wait til he has a bad game so i can see the bi polar syndrome on him.

No offense, Mr. kcxiv, but I can see right now that you're not going to be invited to Kolby's HOF induction ceremony.

FAX

Count Alex's Losses

I can see the thread titles now...

DAMMIT CARL!

WAS KOLBY A FLASH IN THE PAN?

IS KOLBY A BUST?

GREAT PICK, HERM!

LARRY PLEASE GET HEALTHY

Tribal Warfare
What we should really be excited about is having two talented running backs for next season. Larry's carries will be kept down to an acceptable level all season. If Kolby turns out to be the real deal, he could extend LJ's career.

Larry shall run angry once again

Skip Towne
11-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Kolby got a lot of yards on cut back runs, something Chiefs runners rarely do. But we get it done to us a lot especially by Denver.

Easy 6
11-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Kolby got a lot of yards on cut back runs, something Chiefs runners rarely do. But we get it done to us a lot especially by Denver.

He was a sight to behold on some of those cutback runs & the stutter-step juke he put on Burgess in the hole was nothing short of amazing.

He's got way too much natural talent to be a flash in the pan.

I got far more than i expected outta that guy.

Fruit Ninja
11-29-2007, 01:52 PM
No offense, Mr. kcxiv, but I can see right now that you're not going to be invited to Kolby's HOF induction ceremony.

FAX
I want him to do good. I want him to run for 200 yards on Sunday. i just think its to damned early to make him the 2nd coming of Terrell Davis.