PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs tickets for Teachers

Saulbadguy
11-29-2007, 07:49 AM
http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/z43l8k

$25 a piece. You are supposed to be a teacher or educator or something to order them. Special code is TEACHER.

OnTheWarpath58
11-29-2007, 07:55 AM
And Carl wonders why season ticket renewals have dropped every year since 2004......

At least once or twice a year, the organization gets hard up to sell tickets, and ends up all but giving them away, while STH's take it up the ass.

BigRedChief
11-29-2007, 07:58 AM
http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/z43l8k

$25 a piece. You are supposed to be a teacher or educator or something to order them. Special code is TEACHER.
Special code my azz.:banghead:

Getting desperate to avoid the blackout is whats really behind this.

Phobia
11-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Special code my azz.:banghead:

Getting desperate to avoid the blackout is whats really behind this.
Yeah. I should have posted the email I got from my mom on Monday. They're giving $25 tickets away to anybody who can come up with the money.

Count Alex's Losses
11-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Perfect timing. I can really rip the Chiefs for this in tonight's article.

Dartgod
11-29-2007, 09:23 AM
As a season ticket holder, I guess I can expect a check in the mail any day now to reimburse me for the difference of what I paid for my seats.

burt
11-29-2007, 09:28 AM
Geez, what did teachers do to piss of the Chiefs organization? Cruelty to teachers should not be tolerated!

BigRedChief
11-29-2007, 09:33 AM
As a season ticket holder, I guess I can expect a check in the mail any day now to reimburse me for the difference of what I paid for my seats.
Not to mention that you payed full price for 2 exibition games.

MGRS13
11-29-2007, 09:33 AM
This might work this week but that titans game is going to be a scramble for the chiefs.

gblowfish
11-29-2007, 09:56 AM
They screw the STH base all the time. Back in the 80's they had a game where they gave away a Chiefs Blanket and $25 off at Western Auto if you bought a single game tix to a late December game. They didn't give the STH squat. Pissed me off that they gave free stuff to desperation customers, and nada to their most loyal customers.

At least we won't get the "schmoozing for playoff bucks" letter from King Carl this year. Those piss me off too.

BigRedChief
11-29-2007, 09:58 AM
This might work this week but that titans game is going to be a scramble for the chiefs.
It will be "military" week?

gblowfish
11-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Well, I guess next year I can scalp my seats if I want to, and not get arrested. They won't be worth much this year, that's fo sho.

jynni
11-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Well, I guess next year I can scalp my seats if I want to, and not get arrested. They won't be worth much this year, that's fo sho.
It's not scalping if you're aren't selling the tickets for more than face value...

jettio
11-29-2007, 10:43 AM
This is nothing to complain about.

Helzberg ponied up some money to pay some of the costs of tickets that need to be sold to keep the game from being blacked-out locally.

TV gets to sell their ads. People that don't go to the game can watch on TV.

Season ticket holders already bought their tickets at the price they agreed to pay.

Chiefs fans ought to quit whining all of the time. If you don't like it vote with your money.

Herm Edwards's style of play, personality and race make it easier for people to piss and moan about no longer supporting the team and it looks like the shutout streak could end.

Unless the players lay down on Herm and start losing on purpose, CP and Herm are here through 2008, definitely.

Considering today's NFL, the 2008 Chiefs playing the AFC East, NFC South and a 3rd place schedule, can be 12-4.

I think people that are tired of CP or don't want to give Herm a chance to replace the roster before giving up on him should keep their money and let the Chiefs lose their sellout streak.

I think it should be real interesting to see what happens if Herm gets some playoff wins in 2008 and 2009.

Phobia
11-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Herm Edwards's style of play, personality and race make it easier for people to piss and moan about no longer supporting the team and it looks like the shutout streak could end.

Personality? He has a very likable personality. He's obviously a great guy. Race? Seriously? If race were an issue in my NFL viewing I'd watch the Packers or Colts. Please. Don't be dumb.

BigRedChief
11-29-2007, 10:50 AM
It's not scalping if you're aren't selling the tickets for more than face value...
Dude, get with the program.;) Scalping is legal in Missouri now.

jettio
11-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Personality? He has a very likable personality. He's obviously a great guy. Race? Seriously? If race were an issue in my NFL viewing I'd watch the Packers or Colts. Please. Don't be dumb.

Not referring to you.

As far as his personality. Herm's postgame press conferences after losses often have some prety lame explanations that he would be better off not trying to make.

As far as race, you ought to take a closer look at some of the posters on this board who always have something bad to say about any starting or high-draft pick black QB or head coach and never cast the same scrutiny on similarly situated white QBs or coaches.

If Chiefs planet posters are a fair cross-section of Chiefs fans, then race is a factor.

Dartgod
11-29-2007, 10:57 AM
It's too late.

What a dipshit. :rolleyes:

Saulbadguy
11-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Not referring to you.

As far as his personality. Herm's postgame press conferences after losses often have some prety lame explanations that he would be better off not trying to make.

As far as race, you ought to take a closer look at some of the posters on this board who always have something bad to say about any starting or high-draft pick black QB or head coach and never cast the same scrutiny on similarly situated white QBs or coaches.

If Chiefs planet posters are a fair cross-section of Chiefs fans, then race is a factor.
Good lord.

Phobia
11-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Herm blows smoke in his PCs. So did DV. Give me a break.

kcbronco
11-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Anyone know the presale password for the 2008 Big 12 championship at Arrowhead?

Phobia
11-29-2007, 11:32 AM
Anyone know the presale password for the 2008 Big 12 championship at Arrowhead?

It's br0nc0ssuckt00

kcbronco
11-29-2007, 11:35 AM
It's br0nc0ssuckt00

4-5, I can't really argue with you.

Katie
11-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Well, I can understand season ticket holders being upset about this, but as a teacher, it's nice to get the occasional special treat...

Count Alex's Losses
11-29-2007, 11:42 AM
At least we won't get the "schmoozing for playoff bucks" letter from King Carl this year. Those piss me off too.

Give it a few weeks. If the Chiefs pull into a first-place tie....FIRE UP YOUR WORD PROCESSOR, CARL!

BigRedChief
11-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Well, I can understand season ticket holders being upset about this, but as a teacher, it's nice to get the occasional special treat...
But, your not getting a treat. If it was a treat for teachers they would have a special site set up for teachers, be selling the tickets at the school office, have to prove you really are a teacher etc. etc.

This is about avoiding a blackout on Sunday, not rewarding teachers.

Sure-Oz
11-29-2007, 11:45 AM
It's all about sales, eff carl

Phobia
11-29-2007, 11:46 AM
But, your not getting a treat. If it was a treat for teachers they would have a special site set up for teachers, be selling the tickets at the school office, have to prove you really are a teacher etc. etc.

This is about avoiding a blackout on Sunday, not rewarding teachers.
Isn't your wife a teacher? Did you qualify for a teacher discount on your season ticket package?

Anybody with email has access to these $25 tickets. I bought 4 myself earlier in the year for some of my workers. They went to a crappy Jaguars game and felt like they wasted their time even though they paid nothing for the experience.

BigRedChief
11-29-2007, 11:51 AM
Isn't your wife a teacher? Did you qualify for a teacher discount on your season ticket package?

Anybody with email has access to these $25 tickets. I bought 4 myself earlier in the year for some of my workers. They went to a crappy Jaguars game and felt like they wasted their time even though they paid nothing for the experience.Sure she's a teacher but we sold our season tickets seats to this game and I'm not interested in going to sit in the upper deck nose bleeds even for $25.00 or for that matter free.

I'll watch the game but I'll do Christmas(I mean holiday) "stuff" with the family the rest of the day.

I had no idea there is a teacher discount for season ticket holders? Since when?

dtebbe
11-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Give it a few weeks. If the Chiefs pull into a first-place tie....FIRE UP YOUR WORD PROCESSOR, CARL!

If I get that letter, I'm not even opening it. I'm going to scrawl "RETURN TO SENDER" across the front with a Sharpie and drop it back in the mailbox.

DT

Phobia
11-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Sure she's a teacher but we sold our season tickets seats to this game and I'm not interested in going to sit in the upper deck nose bleeds even for $25.00 or for that matter free.

I'll watch the game but I'll do Christmas(I mean holiday) "stuff" with the family the rest of the day.

I had no idea there is a teacher discount for season ticket holders? Since when?

There's not. That's the point. But there might be at some point in the future. That marketing department is gonna have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find more suckers.