PDA

View Full Version : Stop going to the games

RedThat
11-29-2007, 10:42 AM
This MUST happen. Why are Chiefs fans supporting this garbage? It's funny because I read every bit of information how the Chiefs and even their columnists try to sell to the people how they're a good team when in all actuality they're not. This is a poorly ran organization from top to bottom. I think we'll all gotten the message and it is clear that Chiefs ownership and management don't care about winning and just about making profits. this is why they suck and probably will always suck. This is why Carl Peterson is still here. I will not believe that he is going to be gone, and I don't anticipate it on happening anytime soon either.

Just stop going to the games. I like Chiefs fans I think they're one of the best fans in the NFL. And I honestly think Chiefs fans deserve better. So make your stance guys, leave your mark get your message across that you're not going to put up with this garbage. Because if you keep going, they're not going to care. They're going to still keep giving you BAD feedback for your money. Seriously, why should you go? You pay for tickets, and this is what you get? You get to see poor coaching, a poor product on the field? Mediocre product on the field. A team who still retains a poor GM. Your just supporting mediocrity? Your supporting all this? Don't you want excitement? thrill? be filled with joy to see a winner?!?! If you do, then a change MUST happen.

We MUST understand as fans we do have control over what happens. Don't think that you don't because you and I do! I know that sounds a bit ludicrous at first, but if you simply stop going to the games then that plays a huge role in the minds of business and ownership. And possibly that'll alter and shift the way of thinking into the mind of Clark Hunt. Maybe he'll wake up? Maybe he'd sell the team to someone who cares about winning? I don't know. But at least as Chiefs fans you guys would be telling them your not just going with the flow, your giving him the message and saying hey you guys enough is enough were not going to be taken advantage of anymore! Show us what building a winning team is, and then we will come to the games!!

Tribal Warfare
11-29-2007, 10:46 AM
Hell, I didn't go to the Raider game this year, and that's an annual tradition for me

Phobia
11-29-2007, 10:47 AM
I doubt very many need encouragement to boycott at this point. The only way I'm going to a game is on a free ticket or a press pass.

RedThat
11-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Hell, I didn't go to the Raider game this year, and that's an annual tradition for me

Keep up the good work. May that continue.

ChiTown
11-29-2007, 10:49 AM
I've been to one game this year - J'Ville. That, unfortunately, will be my last game I attend until Carl Peterson leaves this organization.

RedThat
11-29-2007, 10:49 AM
I doubt very many need encouragement to boycott at this point. The only way I'm going to a game is on a free ticket or a press pass.

There are still quite a few seats filled at Arrowhead on Sundays.

Phobia
11-29-2007, 10:51 AM
There are still quite a few seats filled at Arrowhead on Sundays.
Wait until this Sunday. Losing to the Raiders is a dagger in the back.

They'll claim 78k paid attendance but if there's 40k I'll be shocked.

Zouk
11-29-2007, 10:51 AM
If you boycott a team that is leaning on Croyle, Kolby Smith, and Dwayne Bowe - the rational thing management will do is go back to the old way of paying big money for over-rated 30 year old veterans.

Bowser
11-29-2007, 10:52 AM

Especially if the weather goes all shitty, like they're saying it might.

RedThat

Honestly, I think it'll take more then just losing to the Raiders. Don't get me wrong, it's a start to losing fanbase, but I think it'll take more then that. Possibly a couple of 4-12, 5-11 seasons?

Bowser
If you boycott a team that is leaning on Croyle, Kolby Smith, and Dwayne Bowe - the rational thing management will do is go back to the old way of paying big money for over-rated 30 year old veterans.

Is that you, Denny Thum?

Dartgod
11-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Will you reimburse me for the tickets I have already purchased if I agree to stay home?

RedThat
11-29-2007, 10:54 AM

And I'll bet that is why Carl Peterson is still here. What you just said of signings veteran players describes Peterson to a tee.

KC Dan
11-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Will you reimburse me for the tickets I have already purchased if I agree to stay home?
Like the global warming alarmists - "do as I say not as I do". Get off the horse non-STH's.

HemiEd
11-29-2007, 10:55 AM
The ones that go should wear the paper bags. I would go just to wear one. It may be old, but the message comes across clear on tv and always gets the announcers attention.

Phobia

No, but I think you should go get your $110 back from Carl for this game and the Jacksonville game. I know he was selling $25 tickets to those two games and at least one other home game.

He may be giving tickets away by mid-december.

RedThat

ROFL Just don't go next year

DaKCMan AP
Don't support air pollution. Force the powers that be to take notice and enact change. Stop breathing. That'll show 'em!!

BigRedChief
I sold mine to this game but still have my Titans game tickets. Can I get in on this too?

Demonpenz
11-29-2007, 10:56 AM
i have never thought about this but it makes sense maybe if you stay home they will get the pictre

RedThat
11-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Don't support air pollution. Force the powers that be to take notice and enact change. Stop breathing. That'll show 'em!!

Irrelevant to the current subject at hand.

pikesome
11-29-2007, 10:57 AM

If you wanted to highlight where the Chiefs' management screws up, here it is. Not to mention the fact that people are calling for a boycott part of the way through a disappointing season. I'm waiting for people to throw themselves in to the sea after two bad ones.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-29-2007, 10:57 AM

hell, i'm not sure there were 40k there last week.

Ugly Duck
11-29-2007, 10:58 AM
Stop going to the games

We MUST understand as fans we do have control over what happens.

I dunno, Dood.... we stopped going to the Oaktown games years ago & look where we are...

DaKCMan AP
11-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Irrelevant to the current subject at hand.

What about world hunger? Would that be relevant?

Sure-Oz
11-29-2007, 11:00 AM
ive been to games for free 4 times this year, i love getting my heart ripped out, im a career 0-5 in chiefs games. i get to go to the denver game too, maybe we'll actualyl win that one

RedThat
11-29-2007, 11:00 AM
What about world hunger? Would that be relevant?

Were talking about football man

Zouk
11-29-2007, 11:01 AM
If you wanted to highlight where the Chiefs' management screws up, here it is.

That was my intention exactly. The whole roster is being turned over, and things don't always look pretty every step of the way when there's so much dead weight to burn through. But you can see that the whole approach has changed from the Vermeil years, and we are paying now for what will hopefully be a healthier roster long-term.

pikesome
11-29-2007, 11:01 AM
I dunno, Dood.... we stopped going to the Oaktown games years ago & look where we are...

But Al Davis just wants to win baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy I wish we had an owner who was so interested winning. :rolleyes:

DaKCMan AP
11-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Were talking about football man

How about the droughts in Africa? That's got to be relevant.

JohninGpt
11-29-2007, 11:02 AM
HOPEFULLY (and I say this with fingers crossed while knocking on wood) Clark has a bit more sense than Al Davis.

RedThat
11-29-2007, 11:03 AM
ive been to games for free 4 times this year, i love getting my heart ripped out, im a career 0-5 in chiefs games. i get to go to the denver game too, maybe we'll actualyl win that one

I feel your pain. Im 0-4 watching Chiefs games live.

I don't know if it is bad karma, or just a jinx every time I go, but not anymore am I going. Never again. Let me tell you, the times I went the Chiefs lost 45-20, 37-34, 13-3, and 45-7. It's over.

RedThat
11-29-2007, 11:04 AM
I dunno, Dood.... we stopped going to the Oaktown games years ago & look where we are...'

I think Al Davis might be showing some signs of aging.

pikesome
11-29-2007, 11:05 AM
That was my intention exactly. The whole roster is being turned over, and things don't always look pretty every step of the way when there's so much dead weight to burn through. But you can see that the whole approach has changed from the Vermeil years, and we are paying now for what will hopefully be a healthier roster long-term.

I'm, kinda, with you. The problem is how much faith should we have that the course will be stayed. Between CP's noted desire to "not suck", even for a year or two, the fans calling for boycotts or finding other teams and the questionable decisions made already (Croyle, the kicker fiasco), it's easy to think they have the right plan but will end up following it like the Three Stooges.

pikesome
11-29-2007, 11:08 AM
How about the droughts in Africa? That's got to be relevant.

Those are Bush's fault. I'm not aware of him being part of the problem with the Chiefs.

Although... Maybe someone should look into the connection between the kicker that shall go unamed, The Saudis, The Bushes and Col Sanders. :hmmm:

Zouk
11-29-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm, kinda, with you. The problem is how much faith should we have that the course will be stayed.

In addition to the change from Vermeil to Herm, I think an over-looked part of the transition has been the move from old Vermeil-buddy Lynn Stiles to Bill Kuharick as director of player personnel. Kuharick has been doing a much better job.

I also worry that Carl will mess this up. The moves that most have his footprint all over them - the signings of Donnie Edwards and Larry Johnson - have been the worst ones during this transition, in my opinion.

But Bowe and Croyle and an improving D give me hope.

Cochise
11-29-2007, 11:10 AM
By the way, anyone want to buy some Titans tickets?

CupidStunt
11-29-2007, 11:17 AM
We're going to be outscored by division opponents approximately 50-20 in the next two weeks, and one of those games is at home.

I wouldn't think there'll be more than 50k for the Tennessee game to watch a boring, shitty 4-9 team piss down its leg. At least I hope there's not.

RedThat
11-29-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm, kinda, with you. The problem is how much faith should we have that the course will be stayed. Between CP's noted desire to "not suck", even for a year or two, the fans calling for boycotts or finding other teams and the questionable decisions made already (Croyle, the kicker fiasco), it's easy to think they have the right plan but will end up following it like the Three Stooges.

The problem is, everything is backwards here. Guys have positions that it's clear they should not have. Guys are in the wrong positions, and as a consequence that screws everything up automatically.
Carl Peterson shouldn't be GM and should have been gone long ago.
Herm shouldn't be coach. He should be a scout, etc. Yeah Herm has brought the right idea by willing to build this team through the draft, but until they don't do a shakeup with the FO, and coaching, drafting young players and going with youth ain't gonna mean diddly squat.

Fish
11-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Hey guys!! Let's not buy gas on Dec 1st. Everybody quit buying gas that day. Then they'll lower the price for sure!

Everybody do it! It will work!!1!

pikesome
11-29-2007, 11:19 AM
In addition to the change from Vermeil to Herm, I think an over-looked part of the transition has been the move from old Vermeil-buddy Lynn Stiles to Bill Kuharick as director of player personnel. Kuharick has been doing a much better job.

Agreed. The personnel dept. does seem to be working far better than before. Fingers crossed for the future.

I also worry that Carl will mess this up. The moves that most have his footprint all over them - the signings of Donnie Edwards and Larry Johnson - have been the worst ones during this transition, in my opinion.

Signing Donnie, while probably a Carl move, seems to be a good idea. He's not getting Snyder money and has been a major upgrade both to what we had and the other likely players we could have brought in. If they don't hold on to him after he declines to far, I'll give the move a big :thumb:.

I don't know what Carl (and Clark too, I'm sure he was involved) could have done differently with LJ. Paying him was, probably a bad idea but having him sit out and trying to play hardball might have been equally bad, at least short term. It's a lose-lose situation unless the FO was willing to ride out the storm when they kicked him to the curb. Storm riding ain't CP's strong suit.

But Bowe and Croyle and an improving D give me hope.

My biggest worry is that Croyle will be good enough to keep us from drafting his replacement but not good enough to get us some PO wins. I can only wait and hope.

Sure-Oz
11-29-2007, 11:20 AM
im going sunday likely, free food, adn drinks thanks to my gf's dad otherwise i wouldnt go he

Dr. Van Halen
11-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Our defense has been fun to watch. I enjoy watching Croyle and Bowe and Gonzalez.

I don't know. I was raised to believe that if you are a fan, you support the team, regardless of whether or not they are good. You go to games if you can, etc.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-29-2007, 11:26 AM
The young & or poor should put a helmet on that soldier. But that ain't working either

DaKCMan AP
11-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Those are Bush's fault. I'm not aware of him being part of the problem with the Chiefs.

I don't know, we peaked in 2003 and it's been all downhill since.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs04/prev_updates?page=2&Files=08-18-04pmBUSH.htm

HypnotizedMonkey
11-29-2007, 11:27 AM
Looks as though I'll be the only one there.
I love watching Chiefs football, and even though YOU'D probably say that what they are doing on the field is not football, and the Arrowhead experience is not as genuine as it once was, I will continue to go to the games and support the team...
You will be one less person I have to wait for on the way into and out of the parking lot... win or lose.

GO CHIEFS!!! GO BOOMER! GO BRODIE! GO DAMON! GO HERM and CARL! GO JARED! GO TAMBA! GO LJ, GO DJ! NEXT YEAR WE'RE GONNA TAKE IT TO THE AFC, WE'RE GONNA TAKE IT TO THE NFC, THE EAST COAST AND WEST COAST, TO DENVER, AND WE'RE GONNA TAKE IT TO OAKLAND AND SAN DIEGO!! HAWWWW!

... and if we don't win..... hey, at least there will be less A-hole crybaby pseudo-fans around! :)

Good riddance to you, fair-weather fans.

With Love,
Homer

pikesome
11-29-2007, 11:30 AM
I don't know, we peaked in 2003 and it's been all downhill since.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs04/prev_updates?page=2&Files=08-18-04pmBUSH.htm

Call Michael Moore!!!!!!!!!

If anyone can get to the truth, it'll be him.

HonestChieffan
11-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Stupid. Next?

Wile_E_Coyote
11-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Carl's legacy is complete. He got the taxes passed for a renovated stadium. He can spend the next two years picking fabrics & color combos

MahiMike
11-29-2007, 11:36 AM
NOW you're talkin!

Phobia
11-29-2007, 11:37 AM
I love watching Chiefs football, and even though YOU'D probably say that what they are doing on the field is not football, and the Arrowhead experience is not as genuine as it once was, I will continue to go to the games and support the team...
You will be one less person I have to wait for on the way into and out of the parking lot... win or lose.

GO CHIEFS!!! GO BOOMER! GO BRODIE! GO DAMON! GO HERM and CARL! GO JARED! GO TAMBA! GO LJ, GO DJ! NEXT YEAR WE'RE GONNA TAKE IT TO THE AFC, WE'RE GONNA TAKE IT TO THE NFC, THE EAST COAST AND WEST COAST, TO DENVER, AND WE'RE GONNA TAKE IT TO OAKLAND AND SAN DIEGO!! HAWWWW!

... and if we don't win..... hey, at least there will be less A-hole crybaby pseudo-fans around! :)

With Love,
Homer
There's not a fair weather fan posting on this site. There hasn't been "fair-weather" since 1994.

luv
11-29-2007, 11:40 AM

With Love,
Homer
I'll be there.

Count Zarth
11-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Carl's legacy is complete. He got the taxes passed for a renovated stadium. He can spend the next two years picking fabrics & color combos

Ain't that the truth. In a couple years he "retires" to a position behind the scenes that pays him the same salary until he dies. He'll come out a few times a year and wave presidentially at the crowd. Who will all boo him unmercifully.

I just hope the ****er stays away from training camp.

damaticous
11-29-2007, 12:04 PM
one of my co-workers offered this weeks tix (lower level) for half price. I really like going to the games weather they win or lose, but I just can't bring myself to go this weekend. I'd rather watch the game on TV. unfortunatly Carl already has his money for the tix, but at least the seats won't be filled.

If I was to go I'd probably do like everyone else and wear a bag over my head the entire game. I'd just have to take a straw to drink my beer. :)

luv
11-29-2007, 12:06 PM
one of my co-workers offered this weeks tix (lower level) for half price. I really like going to the games weather they win or lose, but I just can't bring myself to go this weekend. I'd rather watch the game on TV. unfortunatly Carl already has his money for the tix, but at least the seats won't be filled.

If I was to go I'd probably do like everyone else and wear a bag over my head the entire game. I'd just have to take a straw to drink my beer. :)
A bag over your head? Please.

You're just a wuss who can't handle watching a game in real football weather. :p

ct
11-29-2007, 12:09 PM

With the $ they charge for parking and concessions, they will still feel it if those seats go empty.

The real kicker is next year, can they still get the sellouts, or near sellouts?

This all blows chunks, Zouk is right on here! Herms has this roster headed in the right direction, so you don't want to discourage that path. However, most here feel Herm cannot lead this team strategically on game day, and no doubt Carl has had plenty of time to get his job done, so we should be boycotting these aspects. So what to do?

FAX
11-29-2007, 12:10 PM
All you would be doing by boycotting games now is demonstrating a lack of support for Croyle, Bowe, Kolby, etc. That isn't fair.

Better to kidnap Carl and make him eat brussel sprouts until he agrees to retire.

FAX

Mr. Plow
11-29-2007, 12:11 PM
I've turned down tickets to 3 games this year. I never would have done that previous years.

Skip Towne
11-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Ain't that the truth. In a couple years he "retires" to a position behind the scenes that pays him the same salary until he dies. He'll come out a few times a year and wave presidentially at the crowd. Who will all boo him unmercifully.

I just hope the ****er stays away from training camp.
You're just saying that because you are scared of him.

luv
11-29-2007, 12:17 PM
All you would be doing by boycotting games now is demonstrating a lack of support for Croyle, Bowe, Kolby, etc. That isn't fair.

Better to kidnap Carl and make him eat brussel sprouts until he agrees to retire.

FAX
I'm wondering if you'll get told that's a woman answer like I did.

Skip Towne
11-29-2007, 12:21 PM
This boycott idea has been done before. All through the 80's saw "crowds" of 20,000 except for the Donks and Fade games. Lamar completely ignored it for at least 10 years. I hate Carl as much as anybody but this won't work.

HypnotizedMonkey
11-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Well, anyone who would post something like this is a grade A Hole in my book! I know sh!t is hitting the Chiefs fan... but trying to rile everyone up to not go to the games?? Come on. That's taking the flustration to another level.

If you don't wanna go to the games, don't go. That should be it.

Luv and I will just scream louder to make up for you poor-sport pansies!

Pushead2
11-29-2007, 12:26 PM
take your shirt off once your in and write **** CARL on your chest. it will work more then the boycott. I also think I am getting a jersey that says **** carl on the back

luv
11-29-2007, 12:29 PM
take your shirt off once your in and write **** CARL on your chest. it will work more then the boycott. I also think I am getting a jersey that says **** carl on the back
That's the spirit!

I would do the shirt thing but....

1. It's gonna be COLD!
2. Just no.

JohninGpt
11-29-2007, 12:38 PM
That's the spirit!

I would do the shirt thing but....
But if you do it the cameras will go right to you so the message is sure to be seen.

Of course you'll want to do it late in the game because you'll probably be "asked" to leave.

Pushead2
11-29-2007, 12:40 PM
But if you do it the cameras will go right to you so the message is sure to be seen.

Of course you'll want to do it late in the game because you'll probably be "asked" to leave.

You might want 2 hands to help....don't know why exactly but it seemed like a...

CupidStunt
11-29-2007, 12:41 PM

With Love,
Homer

Honestly - is it fun?

I stuck with it a lot longer than most here who were ridiculing how boring the Chiefs were back in week four. I enjoy defense a lot. I love a typical hard-fought Chiefs game as I do SEC football.

But we've become INEPT and it's no fun. The defense isn't close to dominant and the offense is embarrassingly awful. I find myself rooting for just a few individual players to put up good stats on Sundays.

luv
11-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Honestly - is it fun?

I stuck with it a lot longer than most here who were ridiculing how boring the Chiefs were back in week four. I enjoy defense a lot. I love a typical hard-fought Chiefs game as I do SEC football.

But we've become INEPT and it's no fun. The defense isn't close to dominant and the offense is embarrassingly awful. I find myself rooting for just a few individual players to put up good stats on Sundays.
The road trip, the tailgating, watching live football. I've never NOT had fun going to a game.

CupidStunt
11-29-2007, 12:43 PM
I was speaking more to the game itself. I agree that those things (at least in principle when it comes to watching football itself) are great.

Live or TV - is it fun watching the product the Chiefs are putting on the field?

My opinion is no.

luv
11-29-2007, 12:48 PM
I was speaking more to the game itself. I agree that those things (at least in principle when it comes to watching football itself) are great.

Live or TV - is it fun watching the product the Chiefs are putting on the field?

My opinion is no.
We lost Sunday, but I had a great time watching Kolby.

HonestChieffan
11-29-2007, 12:53 PM
I always have fun at game win or lose...great friends, tailgating, super food, a great place to watch football, awesome seats, nice people around us...

Damn boys if you cant have fun at arrowhead, go to st lois or someplace like denver and ask where you went wrong.

HypnotizedMonkey
11-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Honestly - is it fun?

Honestly, I hate losing probably more than anyone on Earth, so certain elements of these past games have not been fun. I go and root for some individual players more than others, but it's always for the good of tradition and the fun I experience in other aspects of the game. Sure, I hate the drive back to St. Joe after a losing effort. Things could be MUCH worse, but if I lose any percentage of "fun-points" at the games from now on.. it will be from the growing # of empty seats and lack of spirit more than lack of performance on the field. I will have LESS fun if people stop going.

luv
11-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Honestly, I hate losing probably more than anyone on Earth, so certain elements of these past games have not been fun. I go and root for some individual players more than others, but it's always for the good of tradition and the fun I experience in other aspects of the game. Sure, I hate the drive back to St. Joe after a losing effort. Things could be MUCH worse, but if I lose any percentage of "fun-points" at the games from now on.. it will be from the growing # of empty seats and lack of spirit more than lack of performance on the field. I will have LESS fun if people stop going.
It is disheartening to see so many empty seats. Also disappointing when I can hear myself yelling when the defense is on the field.

I know the rationale behind not going to games. It makes sense, even. I just choose to look at it differently. Opponents have often said that they have a respect for Arrowhead. It's an intimidatig place to go into to play. I just don't want Arrowhead to lose that.

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2007, 01:04 PM
The annual thread to tell the STH's to sit at home. I'm not giving up my tickets either, my family had them all throughout the miserable 80's on the 50 yard line lower level, gave them up in 89. I am not repeating history even though hopefully Hunt family does.

StcChief
11-29-2007, 01:08 PM
conscience effort don't re-new tickets

Phobia
11-29-2007, 01:16 PM
This boycott idea has been done before. All through the 80's saw "crowds" of 20,000 except for the Donks and Fade games. Lamar completely ignored it for at least 10 years. I hate Carl as much as anybody but this won't work.

The difference is now there is a CBA. The Hunts have to raise that $100+Million dollar payroll somewhere. They can't afford to have 20k in the stands in 2008.

Otter
11-29-2007, 01:20 PM
You fair weather fans make me sick!!!

Don't you know the donkos, faiders and sandyeggos jets can get into a three way collision over the patriots stadium during practice and the Chiefs will be in the hunt!!!

HALF FANS!!!! :cuss:

InChiefsHell
11-29-2007, 02:10 PM
I only go to one game a year, since it's a 3 hour drive and it costs a bunch. I went to the Niners last year and the Vikings this year, so I'm 2-0. I will go to a game next year, regardless. I love the atmosphere, the tailgaiting, the food, the best fuggin' fans in the NFL...but most of all I love my CHIEFS! If I were a STH I could understand that frustration, but for me, since I only make my pilgrimage once a year, I will not miss it...ever.

Donger
11-29-2007, 02:16 PM

FAX

Quit hanging around luv, FAX. She's a bad influence.

FAX
11-29-2007, 02:25 PM
A caller into one of the radio shows just said that the Chiefs (he said redshirts?) are phoning fans who have tickets but are not using them to find out why.

FAX

Donger
11-29-2007, 02:26 PM
A caller into one of the radio shows just said that the Chiefs (he said redshirts?) are phoning fans who have tickets but are not using them to find out why.

FAX

ROFL

Skip Towne
11-29-2007, 02:38 PM

FAX
They would have to be pretty damn dense to not know why.

BigRock
11-29-2007, 03:06 PM
This thread is the Planet in a nutshell.

In August, it was anger and outrage over Huard starting, because all Carl ever does is play for a 9-7 season so that the stadium will stay full. He had no interest in playing Brodie and going through a bad season to let him gain experience because it might result in empty seats, and we know that's all that matters to Carl.

In November, with a bad record, Brodie at QB, a rookie RB in the backfield, a rookie as our #1 WR, it's "stop going to the games". Which would send a message straight to Carl that fans have no interest in watching young players during a bad season, and will only reinforce that his annual 9-7 plan is the way to go.

You truly have to stop and take a moment to appriciate irony at this high a level. It doesn't come around that often.

MIAdragon
11-29-2007, 03:08 PM
http://www.noreplacementfordisplacement.com/images/paper_bag.jpg

REDHOTGTO
11-29-2007, 03:19 PM
i did my part, i did not renew my ticks this year. i only bought one game, denver, and we all know what happened there. i probably wont return for quite a while, im tired of all the BS too. so i am doing my part to show them what we all think

Chief Henry
11-29-2007, 03:32 PM
This MUST happen. Why are Chiefs fans supporting this garbage? It's funny because I read every bit of information how the Chiefs and even their columnists try to sell to the people how they're a good team when in all actuality they're not. This is a poorly ran organization from top to bottom. I think we'll all gotten the message and it is clear that Chiefs ownership and management don't care about winning and just about making profits. this is why they suck and probably will always suck. This is why Carl Peterson is still here. I will not believe that he is going to be gone, and I don't anticipate it on happening anytime soon either.

Just stop going to the games. I like Chiefs fans I think they're one of the best fans in the NFL. And I honestly think Chiefs fans deserve better. So make your stance guys, leave your mark get your message across that you're not going to put up with this garbage. Because if you keep going, they're not going to care. They're going to still keep giving you BAD feedback for your money. Seriously, why should you go? You pay for tickets, and this is what you get? You get to see poor coaching, a poor product on the field? Mediocre product on the field. A team who still retains a poor GM. Your just supporting mediocrity? Your supporting all this? Don't you want excitement? thrill? be filled with joy to see a winner?!?! If you do, then a change MUST happen.

We MUST understand as fans we do have control over what happens. Don't think that you don't because you and I do! I know that sounds a bit ludicrous at first, but if you simply stop going to the games then that plays a huge role in the minds of business and ownership. And possibly that'll alter and shift the way of thinking into the mind of Clark Hunt. Maybe he'll wake up? Maybe he'd sell the team to someone who cares about winning? I don't know. But at least as Chiefs fans you guys would be telling them your not just going with the flow, your giving him the message and saying hey you guys enough is enough were not going to be taken advantage of anymore! Show us what building a winning team is, and then we will come to the games!!

Welcome to the club.

For STH, i hope some of you that do go to the games will put paper sacks on.

Send a F'n message to Carl and CLARK.

Chief Henry
11-29-2007, 03:42 PM

In August, it was anger and outrage over Huard starting, because all Carl ever does is play for a 9-7 season so that the stadium will stay full. He had no interest in playing Brodie and going through a bad season to let him gain experience because it might result in empty seats, and we know that's all that matters to Carl.

In November, with a bad record, Brodie at QB, a rookie RB in the backfield, a rookie as our #1 WR, it's "stop going to the games". Which would send a message straight to Carl that fans have no interest in watching young players during a bad season, and will only reinforce that his annual 9-7 plan is the way to go.

You truly have to stop and take a moment to appriciate irony at this high a level. It doesn't come around that often.

We fans are not upset with the youngens starting at all. We're upset
that our team is being run a f'n tyrant that has a deplorable track record
whenit comes to putting a championship team on the field. We fans are upset that a President, GM and CEO has so much power that no one
will ever say the emporer has no clothes. We fans are upset that
we have to sit on a f'n yo-yo with our football team. Good defense with no offense, then its all offense with no defense. Now we have a head coach that doesnt' have a clue on how to make in game decisions and will not use time outs with over a minute to go in the first half in a tied game. We have a head coach that DOES NOT play to win the game.
We hire'd a f'n head coach that we just completely dominated one year prior to him being named head coach.

We fans are just f'n fed up with Carl Peterson stay in KC.
We fans are fed up with an organization that has NOT won a
play off game since 1993. How does any GM keep his job with all that failure?

TEX
11-29-2007, 04:03 PM

That's because we didn't come out of the gate with that plan. We were sucking-A$$ so we went to it by default.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-29-2007, 04:06 PM
I sold a pair of tickets to the Packer game for 500 bucks. I listed two on eBay for 99, with parking, and no one even put in the minimum bid

Donger
11-29-2007, 04:11 PM
I sold a pair of tickets to the Packer game for 500 bucks. I listed two on eBay for 99, with parking, and no one even put in the minimum bid

Ouch. That's moderately pathetic.

Count Zarth
11-29-2007, 04:15 PM

Yeah, but here's the difference between reality and your take on reality.

We've been in almost EVERY GAME this season.

If Herm hadn't ****ed the season up, we could have WON those close games. Imagine if Brodie had been inserted at halftime of the Denver game. Imagine if Herm hadn't sucked his nuts into his body cavity in Indianapolis. Imagine if he hadn't had a brain fart with 4 minutes left against Oakland.

I think there's more talent on this team than 4-7 indicates.

FAX
11-29-2007, 04:16 PM
You guys are kinda spoiled. I would love to go to game. Carl or no Carl. Bag or no bag.

This is tough, though. It's hard to find a way to make a statement about the inadequacies of the FO without appearing as though you're not supporting our young players.

I still say that Carl blew an opportunity to build this year's marketing and PR around the concept of rebuilding with exciting, young, new players. Yet another example of a problem that is of his own making.

FAX

thehead
11-29-2007, 04:20 PM
That's because we didn't come out of the gate with that plan. We were sucking-A$$ so we went to it by default.

You are correct sir ,as soon as the season went south ( D Horrid ) did not pan out , ohhh we are rebuilding
:banghead:

Cochise
11-29-2007, 04:25 PM

How in the hell do you propose we express discontent toward the organization if we can't do it by not showing up?

They obviously don't care about anything else.

HemiEd
11-29-2007, 05:01 PM
It is disheartening to see so many empty seats. Also disappointing when I can hear myself yelling when the defense is on the field.

I know the rationale behind not going to games. It makes sense, even. I just choose to look at it differently. Opponents have often said that they have a respect for Arrowhead. It's an intimidatig place to go into to play. I just don't want Arrowhead to lose that.

We have lost three home games in a row, it is no longer a tough place to play.

BigRock
11-29-2007, 05:05 PM
We fans are not upset with the youngens starting at all.
I didn't say anyone was upset about that. The reason people are upset doesn't matter. All that matters is that the seats will be empty with a bad team playing young players, and Carl will know that his 9-7 plan is the way to go.

Carl even alluded to it in that Star article about ticket sales.

In this period of transition, people are getting a chance now to see Brodie Croyle play. They wanted to see Brodie...
Translation: "You all threw a bitch-fit when Brodie didn't start, but here's the kid at QB and you aren't buying tickets. Next year the young guys will be on the bench while I sign a crop of middling veteran free agents to keep us around 8-8, and you can all kiss my pasty white ass".

BigRock
11-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah, but here's the difference between reality and your take on reality.

We've been in almost EVERY GAME this season.
That... doesn't apply to anything I said.

How in the hell do you propose we express discontent toward the organization if we can't do it by not showing up?
Quite a pickle, isn't it?

Warrior5
11-29-2007, 06:12 PM
If the Chiefs manage to beat the Eggos on Sunday, I'm gonna resurrect this thread to see if the tone changes.

JohninGpt
11-29-2007, 06:15 PM
If the Chiefs manage to beat the Eggos on Sunday, I'm gonna resurrect this thread to see if the tone changes.
Very well might, but I think it would have to be a good win, not due to the Bolts crapping their pants.

Warrior5
11-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Very well might, but I think it would have to be a good win, not due to the Bolts crapping their pants.

Why? The reason this thread exists is because our offense and coaching has crapped in their hats all season.

I knew the Chiefs would suck back in January, but if the Bolts and Donks both crap their pants on Sunday, just watch the tone of this board change.

BTW, how ya doing on the Yahoo pick 'em lately?

JohninGpt
11-29-2007, 06:33 PM
BTW, how ya doing on the Yahoo pick 'em lately?
I was doing pretty good, a game or three behind you, until a couple weeks ago when I made my picks and then x'ed out without hitting "submit". I got a big honkin zero for the week.
Now I'm in 4th, about a week and a game or three behind you.

EDIT: Your 14 games up on me.

BigRedChief
11-29-2007, 08:54 PM
I was doing pretty good, a game or three behind you, until a couple weeks ago when I made my picks and then x'ed out without hitting "submit". I got a big honkin zero for the week.
Now I'm in 4th, about a week and a game or three behind you.

EDIT: Your 14 games up on me.
I'm in 8th. only a few games out.

JohninGpt
11-29-2007, 08:59 PM
I'm in 8th. only a few games out.
So you made it two whole weeks without forgetting to submit? I'm hoping the three guys ahead of me will do that sometime before the season ends so I can catch up.

BigRedChief
11-29-2007, 09:14 PM
So you made it two whole weeks without forgetting to submit? I'm hoping the three guys ahead of me will do that sometime before the season ends so I can catch up.
Paying attention is part of the struggle. Like a golfer not using a cart. Walking the course is part of the game. Remembering to make your picks, part of the game.

MadMax
11-29-2007, 10:28 PM

Blah blah blah! They have dollars to burn and they won't let ANYONE tell em different. It's part of the reason we have a shit team IMHO. But hey I'm in no position to judge (nor would I) Very frustrating for those of us who have no voice at all :(

MadMax
11-29-2007, 10:32 PM
You guys are kinda spoiled. I would love to go to game. Carl or no Carl. Bag or no bag.

This is tough, though. It's hard to find a way to make a statement about the inadequacies of the FO without appearing as though you're not supporting our young players.

I still say that Carl blew an opportunity to build this year's marketing and PR around the concept of rebuilding with exciting, young, new players. Yet another example of a problem that is of his own making.

FAX

Yep, that woulda sold IMO! woulda been a smart move, start Croyle and all the young guys from the get go and be HONEST with the fans...

FAX
11-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Yep, that woulda sold IMO! woulda been a smart move, start Croyle and all the young guys from the get go and be HONEST with the fans...

I think so, Mr. MadMax. You know, when Peyton went to the Colts, they sucked. But practically everyone wanted to believe that it was the beginning of something special and it was packaged that way to the fans. That's how Carl should have sold this deal to the public.

FAX

Iowanian
11-29-2007, 10:47 PM
If you've got tickets.....go.

Don't forget your brown bags.

First Down Elvis with a brown bag would be a statement.

FAX
11-29-2007, 10:51 PM
... First Down Elvis with a brown bag would be a statement.

ROFL

You're not kidding.

The only problem is, Mr. Iowanian, that the young guys (Bowe, Croyle, etc.) will be out there thinking the fans have given up on them. That would suck.

FAX

Count Zarth
11-29-2007, 10:53 PM
ROFL

You're not kidding.

The only problem is, Mr. Iowanian, that the young guys (Bowe, Croyle, etc.) will be out there thinking the fans have given up on them. That would suck.

FAX

Maybe they need a little extra incentive, FAX. I've just been told that the Chiefs locker room believes they can win all five games left this year.

MadMax
11-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Maybe they need a little extra incentive, FAX. I've just been told that the Chiefs locker room believes they can win all five games left this year.

I believe they should think that way, a winning attitude is good.

Demonpenz
11-29-2007, 11:01 PM
I am not mad that we are playing the young guys. I am mad it took this long to play them. That it took kennison getting hurt for us to play bowe. I am most of all pissed that our head coach would get out managed, and out x and o'd by anyone who has played madden for awhile. Herm will get his shot eventually I just don't think we will ever have enough talent to overcome his shortcomings as a game manager. If you can tell that he will never be able to get it done then you have to find someone who will, but we will keep treading water off in the middle of the ocean, every once in awhile having enough energy to come up for air but in the end dying a slow and painful death of drowning

MadMax
11-29-2007, 11:04 PM
I am not mad that we are playing the young guys. I am mad it took this long to play them. That it took kennison getting hurt for us to play bowe. I am most of all pissed that our head coach would get out managed, and out x and o'd by anyone who has played madden for awhile. Herm will get his shot eventually I just don't think we will ever have enough talent to overcome his shortcomings as a game manager. If you can tell that he will never be able to get it done then you have to find someone who will, but we will keep treading water off in the middle of the ocean, every once in awhile having enough energy to come up for air but in the end dying a slow and painful death of drowning

ahhh! Such is the destiny of a KC Chiefs fan... :banghead: :banghead:

:{

Demonpenz
11-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Have the chiefs ever ran a play with tony G at full back. One of the things i hate about the chiefs is they motion but they always go into a formation we have seen over and over. what the hell is the point of shifting if they are just going to show the look that they always do. Tony always lines up at fullback then shifts. That would be bad ass if wilson was at te and ran a couple plays with tony at fullback of course with TG catching a pass and not blocking

MadMax
11-29-2007, 11:15 PM
Have the chiefs ever ran a play with tony G at full back. One of the things i hate about the chiefs is they motion but they always go into a formation we have seen over and over. what the hell is the point of shifting if they are just going to show the look that they always do. Tony always lines up at fullback then shifts. That would be bad ass if wilson was at te and ran a couple plays with tony at fullback of course with TG catching a pass and not blocking

inovation is NOT a part of the playbook... Slowlari can't even imagine that...Not to mention that's arena crap right there..Damn I've become ao cynical of the Chiefs... I feel bad now. Next year huh.

InChiefsHell
11-30-2007, 06:38 AM
Yeah, I think the only way to make an impact is to bombard the FO with letters, phone calls etc. Let them know we're sick of Carl and his 19 year plan...but we love the players etc.

Not going to games sends many messages, and probably a couple that you don't want to send. Flooding the FO with letters would get their attention...maybe.

Chief Henry
11-30-2007, 09:12 AM
If you've got tickets.....go.

Don't forget your brown bags.

First Down Elvis with a brown bag would be a statement.

That would get on TV for sure.

What are the odds of First Down Elvis wearing a paper bag ?
Somebody get him drunk .

JohninGpt
11-30-2007, 09:16 AM

Somebody get him drunk .
There you go Stevie, a free drunk and you can save a bunch of time you normally would spend combing your hair!

Demonpenz
11-30-2007, 10:12 AM
i aint doing that. Last time I wore a papper bag over my head at a chiefs game security made me take it off and put one that said price chopper on it

JohninGpt
11-30-2007, 10:16 AM
i aint doing that. Last time I wore a papper bag over my head at a chiefs game security made me take it off and put one that said price chopper on it
Damn, they think of everything in those advertising/endorsement contracts.

Que Card QB
11-30-2007, 10:17 AM
Yes please quit going so I can get better upgrades next year. ;)

pikesome
11-30-2007, 10:24 AM

Nice. I guess we know who the "glass is half full" guy is. :)

BigRedChief
11-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Not unless you are paying King Carl $750.00 on top of your regular season tickets.
http://www.kcchiefs.com/tickets/wolfpack_club/

Que Card QB
11-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Not unless you are paying King Carl $750.00 on top of your regular season tickets.
http://www.kcchiefs.com/tickets/wolfpack_club/
I have no interest in being in the club or gold section. Ideally, I'd like to be in the first 15 rows of the 300 level, 50 yard line.

ChiefsCountry
11-30-2007, 11:01 AM
I have no interest in being in the club or gold section. Ideally, I'd like to be in the first 15 rows of the 300 level, 50 yard line.

That is where I want to upgrade to as well. Right now I'm in the end zone.

Skip Towne
11-30-2007, 11:11 AM

Somebody get him drunk .
How about an imposter? Anybody got an Elvis suit?

Phobia
11-30-2007, 11:15 AM
That is where I want to upgrade to as well. Right now I'm in the end zone.
Don't leave the endzone. You'll regret it. You can get 50 yard line seats any time in front of your television.

Fish
11-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Don't leave the endzone. You'll regret it. You can get 50 yard line seats any time in front of your television.

I agree. Upper level endzone seats don't get enough credit. They're really decent seats for the $....

CupidStunt
11-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Is anyone actually going to watch if Croyle is on the sidelines?

I can't find a worse game on the schedule than the Damon Huard-led Chiefs vs. San Diego.

Bowser
11-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Is anyone actually going to watch if Croyle is on the sidelines?

I can't find a worse game on the schedule than the Damon Huard-led Chiefs vs. San Diego.

I disagree, if only for the fascination factor of how a team can fall so far, so fast.

CupidStunt
11-30-2007, 11:54 AM
I've tried to sell myself SD-KC over Jacksonville-Indy.

The Chiefs/Herm Edwards/Solari, etc. make it an impossible sales pitch.

Mile High Mania
11-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Do what the Hog fans did... fly banners, wear all black, get crazy.

Calcountry
11-30-2007, 12:12 PM
hell, i'm not sure there were 40k there last week.There were a lot of empty seats at the Cinci game.

DaKCMan AP
11-30-2007, 12:13 PM

The Chiefs/Herm Edwards/Solari, etc. make it an impossible sales pitch.

I'll stay home and watch Jax-Indy in HD over going to a bar to watch a Huard-led Chiefs team against SD.

Calcountry
11-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Yes please quit going so I can get better upgrades next year. ;)You either have a lot of money or like paying for shitty products?

Reerun_KC
11-30-2007, 12:18 PM

The Chiefs/Herm Edwards/Curl, etc. make it an impossible sales pitch.

FYP

People are giving Solari way to much credit here, Solair has about as much control over this offense as you or I do...

Solari is nothing more than a typical 2 year sacrificial lamb for Herm...

CupidStunt
11-30-2007, 12:42 PM
I'll stay home and watch Jax-Indy in HD over going to a bar to watch a Huard-led Chiefs team against SD.

Yep. I'll be watching Jacksonville-Indy on Sunday on my 42" plasma, after some great games on Saturday, instead of watching the Huard-led Chiefs on a 4-inch, 30-seconds-late, choppy Sopcast stream.

ct
11-30-2007, 12:56 PM

DING DING DING DING!!!

I, too, only come up once a year, no way I can afford season tix. Add on the cost and time of a 3+ hour drive to be there, plus to really make it enjoyable a hotel the night before, which means arranging overnight babysitters very often, it just don't work.

I came up for the Denver game this year, 1st time to see Denver. While very dissappointed in the poor Chiefs showing and a loss, I got to be there when they switched to Brodie, and to see Priest's last start in the NFL.

I'm pleased to see Bowe, Brodie, and Kolby get time this year, just like Pollard and Page last year, and more this year. We finally are developing some young players. I strongly support that, and perfectly willing to chalk this season up to taking your lumps.

Next year, I might feel a bit different, but I'll deal with that next year.

JMHO, but I'm not a real fan anyway...

Que Card QB
11-30-2007, 01:30 PM
You either have a lot of money or like paying for shitty products?#1--I am a Chiefs fan. Through thick and thin, for richer or poorer, and in sickness and health.

#2--I am a football fan. Even if there were only 10,000 fans at the game, I'll be there watching football, hoping my team wins.

Do I think some of Peterson's acquisitions/decisions were poor? Yes, and some were terrible RE: KICKERZZZ. I also think we all have to give him credit for T-Go, Priest, Roaf, Waters, Shields, Allen, Johnson, Johnson, Hali, Law, Surtain, Tank, Turk, and the like to name a few.

BigRedChief
12-01-2007, 10:56 AM
I also want King Carl run out of town on a rail. But I'm a Chiefs fan. I was here before King Carl and will be here long after he is gone.

I think the only thing that could possibly motivate King Carl and Clark Hunt is empty seats. And I don't know if even that would do the job. We know it took years of empty seats to motivate Lamar but this is a different era and we don't know how Clark will react to the empty seats.

I'm on the fence whether empty seats and not buying Chiefs related gear will help in any way King Carls swift departure as the GM of the Chiefs. But I'm never going to be on the fence about one thing........

Despite my disdain for the person currently in charge of the Chiefs front office make no mistake about where my loyalties lie, I'm a Chiefs fan and as long as I have breath in my lungs I shall cheer no other.

Pablo
12-01-2007, 11:56 AM

I can.

NYJ vs. Miami
SF vs. Carolina
Buffalo vs. Washington

I'll watch the Chiefs regardless, because I love the team, but those games are probably going to be less enjoyable than the KC/SD game.

Calcountry
12-01-2007, 12:15 PM
#1--I am a Chiefs fan. Through thick and thin, for richer or poorer, and in sickness and health.

#2--I am a football fan. Even if there were only 10,000 fans at the game, I'll be there watching football, hoping my team wins.

Do I think some of Peterson's acquisitions/decisions were poor? Yes, and some were terrible RE: KICKERZZZ. I also think we all have to give him credit for T-Go, Priest, Roaf, Waters, Shields, Allen, Johnson, Johnson, Hali, Law, Surtain, Tank, Turk, and the like to name a few.Don't even attempt to imply that I am somehow NOT a diehard Chiefs fan. How old are you dude?

PunkinDrublic
12-01-2007, 12:24 PM
**** all you pseudo fans who think this tactic will work. You're the reason I watch the games and see more and more opposing teams in the seats. You root for the team not the damn GM. If you leave don't come back you were never a fan to begin with.

Reerun_KC
12-01-2007, 02:06 PM
**** all you pseudo fans who think this tactic will work. You're the reason I watch the games and see more and more opposing teams in the seats. You root for the team not the damn GM. If you leave don't come back you were never a fan to begin with.

Okay, will do that... Besides, beer is cheaper and the lines to the bathroom are so much shorter at home...

And with Sunday Ticket, multiple TV's, and the game coverage, I see plenty more action that if I was sitting in Arrowhead, piping money to a GM and Owner that doesnt really care about the fans...