PDA

View Full Version : The Royals are falling behind....

Mecca
11-30-2007, 01:39 AM
Look at the moves the Twins are making......and well the Indians and Tigers....I'm not sure the Royals will ever really compete with those 3.

You got the Twins making moves, they only traded for the best young hitting prospect in the game.

Bump
11-30-2007, 01:40 AM
falling behind?

Mecca
11-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Well they aren't making up any ground like people thought they were......the Royals sign a Japanese pitcher..

The Twins are about to completely overhaul their team by trading and acquiring more talent than this team has seen in 10 years.

BigMeatballDave
11-30-2007, 01:53 AM
I see, so you hatred isn't just towards the Chiefs...

Fruit Ninja
11-30-2007, 01:54 AM
Thats about standard though right?

BWillie
11-30-2007, 02:06 AM
Look at the moves the Twins are making......and well the Indians and Tigers....I'm not sure the Royals will ever really compete with those 3.

You got the Twins making moves, they only traded for the best young hitting prospect in the game.

Did you expect anything less? We are the Kansas City Royals. I'm still not drinking the kool-aid that this will be a club contending to win the division in the next two years. We have just sucked for so long I can't even fathom it.

Mecca
11-30-2007, 02:11 AM
I see, so you hatred isn't just towards the Chiefs...

Just being honest........

Everyone was so pumped about Gordon and Butler.....on just straight coming out of the minors Young shits on them with his potential and the Twins acquire this.

|Zach|
11-30-2007, 02:16 AM
You carry a degree of self loathing that other people could only imagine.

BWillie
11-30-2007, 02:17 AM

Everyone was so pumped about Gordon and Butler.....on just straight coming out of the minors Young shits on them with his potential and the Twins acquire this.

Who cares. Baseball isn't about winning. It's about eating chili dogs, drinking a brewsky, and making fun of the left fielder. When I go to a Royals game, and they lose. Life is fine and dandy. When the Chiefs lose at home to the last place and a hated rival it makes me want to beat off with barbed wire and jump in front of a vehicle approaching at a high rate of speed.

Mecca
11-30-2007, 02:18 AM
You carry a degree of self loathing that other people could only imagine.

Ah yes pointing out how the Royals are losing ground in the division with everyone is self loathing.....

Wouldn't it be nice to not finish in last once? It's no wonder I had to find a 2nd team to cheer for to even stay interested in the sport.

|Zach|
11-30-2007, 02:20 AM
Ah yes pointing out how the Royals are losing ground in the division with everyone is self loathing.....

Wouldn't it be nice to not finish in last once? It's no wonder I had to find a 2nd team to cheer for to even stay interested in the sport.
Oh, you think this is about that one post?

Fruit Ninja
11-30-2007, 02:26 AM
He's dead right about the Royals though. They have been nothing for a long long time now. You have to make some kind of moves or hope to hell you got a hell of a farm system with kids ready to play in the bigs.

My Dodgers havent done much of anything, but i think we some really good young guys that will step up this year. Kemp, Loney, Either , Laroche. I know i am excited, but i still want them to sign Andrew Jones.

|Zach|
11-30-2007, 02:28 AM
He's dead right
Are you new?

Fruit Ninja
11-30-2007, 02:29 AM
Are you new?
If you want me to be.

I know how Mecca is though, he puts so much shit out there, he's bound to be right on a few things. lol

Mecca
11-30-2007, 02:30 AM
Zach doesn't like me much.......

I need to be a Chiefs going all the way homer guy about all the teams we talk about on here, then he'd like me.

Oh and all my predictions are wrong.....let's see I said the Chiefs would go 5-11, and Larry Johnson would decline and get hurt....

I was really wrong eh?

Mecca
11-30-2007, 02:31 AM
If you want me to be.

I know how Mecca is though, he puts so much shit out there, he's bound to be right on a few things. lol

Just like if you say as much shit as me you aren't going to be right every time....some people just focus on the things I'm wrong about and not the things I'm right about....there's no give and take here.

BWillie
11-30-2007, 02:31 AM
John David Booty likes Rainbows.

Fruit Ninja
11-30-2007, 02:32 AM
Just like if you say as much shit as me you aren't going to be right every time....some people just focus on the things I'm wrong about and not the things I'm right about....there's no give and take here.
Thats why i dont like to put my 2 cents into everything.

Mecca
11-30-2007, 02:32 AM
John David Booty likes Rainbows.

I refuse to defend him........I do not like him at all. He has played better lately but I still think he was pretty overrated and not that good.

Mecca
11-30-2007, 02:33 AM
Thats why i dont like to put my 2 cents into everything.

Ah WTF man, I throw it out there. It's a net discussion board, it would be a pretty boring blah board if we all agreed constantly.

Fruit Ninja
11-30-2007, 02:36 AM
Ah WTF man, I throw it out there. It's a net discussion board, it would be a pretty boring blah board if we all agreed constantly.
Oh, i know you throw it out there, but i dont throw it out there about everything though. Only stuff i firmly beleive in. Like the ChiefsD>PackersD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Mecca
11-30-2007, 02:37 AM
When Kampman and Woodson aren't playing......I agree.

Fruit Ninja
11-30-2007, 02:39 AM
pff. Injuries or people not playing are a part of the game. We were without JA for 2 games. Tamba been gimpy out there all year trying to play through some injuries. Its all apart of the game. We we still are a better defense.

BWillie
11-30-2007, 02:39 AM
When Kampman and Woodson aren't playing......I agree.

I think you are giving the Chiefs way to much credit. If all the Packers were about five foot tall. I would agree.

Mecca
11-30-2007, 02:42 AM
We should talk about the Angels now since that is the baseball team I like that actually has a chance.

BWillie
11-30-2007, 02:43 AM
We should talk about the Angels now since that is the baseball team I like that actually has a chance.

Why don't you just move to California. Go. Shoo.

Mecca
11-30-2007, 02:45 AM
Why don't you just move to California. Go. Shoo.

I should.....the weather is nicer and the chicks are hotter......

I've been there several times.

BWillie
11-30-2007, 02:48 AM
I should.....the weather is nicer and the chicks are hotter......

I've been there several times.

96% of California is a shithole. 4% has hot blonde chicks. Only thing I liked about California WAS the weather. If I was going to move somewhere for hot chicks, I'd just move to Lawrence, or any other city with a state school.

Fruit Ninja
11-30-2007, 02:49 AM
I dont care for the Angeles, but as a Dodger fan their coach is awesome. Scioscia is awesome.

Guru
11-30-2007, 02:50 AM
agreed. :evil:

beavis
11-30-2007, 04:09 AM
What exactly would you have them do? This years free agent class is mediocre at best. Look at the contract Hunter signed... no way he ever lives up to that deal. Hell, his past performance isn't worth that.

I don't think they are anywhere close to being done. They didn't sign Meche until the winter meetings last year.

This franchise was in such bad shape wheen DM came in, it's not something he's going to fix in one season.

beavis
11-30-2007, 04:29 AM
From Stark's column on ESPN:

Speaking of the center-field market, it's amazing how little you hear Andruw Jones' name these days. But two front-office men we spoke with said they've figured out the perfect dark-horse destination for him -- the Royals.

"Think about it," said one of them. "The GM [former Braves executive Dayton Moore] has ties to him. They have money to spend. They want to make a splash. And they desperately need a center fielder. The fit there is better than you'd think."

Mecca
11-30-2007, 06:47 AM
The Royals sign a Scott Boras guy....after that Hunter deal his asking price probably just went up huge.

Silock
11-30-2007, 07:00 AM
You do realize that to trade for all these "amazing" free agents and young talent, we'd have to give up what little young talent we actually have, right?

Don't be stupid.

Mecca
11-30-2007, 07:07 AM
You do realize that to trade for all these "amazing" free agents and young talent, we'd have to give up what little young talent we actually have, right?

Don't be stupid.

Sure, but you gotta give something to get something. The Royals don't at this point have anyone to trade like Matt Garza or Delmon Young anyhow...

KevB
11-30-2007, 07:08 AM
You're saying the Twins are getting better? They've traded their team leader, they dealt their #2 pitcher (Garza), they're letting a solid innings eater go in Silva, they're trying to deal the best pitcher in baseball over the last 5 years, they dealt their young starting SS (Bartlett) to play Nick Punto and they're discussing the trade of one of the top closers in baseball. Um, I don't care how much "talent" they get in return .... they're not getting better.

Delmon Young was once as untouchable as any prospect in baseball. There's a reason the Rays were willing to deal him, and it has a lot to do with the fact that he hasn't been nearly as good as hoped. He could still develop, but he may not.

Mecca
11-30-2007, 07:10 AM
Even without Santana they're better than the Royals are though that's what I mean.....

They'll likely get more talent in those trades than exists on the Royals team, which is kinda sad.

alanm
11-30-2007, 07:15 AM
Hate to break the news to you Mecca but the 2 best young hitting prospects in the major leagues are already playing for the Royals. Gordon and Butler.

Mecca
11-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Hate to break the news to you Mecca but the 2 best young hitting prospects in the major leagues are already playing for the Royals. Gordon and Butler.

Um guess what......they both came up at the same time and Young was more highly regarded than Gordon....

Even in Young's not that impressive start he was better than Gordon was last year...

Don't even try and sell to me that those guys are better prospects than Delmon Young...

dirk digler
11-30-2007, 07:38 AM
I will wait until the Royals are going to spring training to make any judgments. Dayton Moore so far has made alot of great moves so I will put my trust in him.

siberian khatru
11-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Even in Young's not that impressive start he was better than Gordon was last year...

He had a higher BA (yawn), and he had more RBIs. That's about it. And the RBIs has as much to do with the surrounding lineup than anything else.

Young: .316 OBP/.408 SLG/.724 OPS/38 doubles/0 triples/13 homers/10 sb
Gordon: .314 OBP/.411 SLG/.725 OPS/36 doubles/4 triples/15 homers/14 sb

Gordon did that in 100 fewer at-bats.

Gordon is 19 months older, but Young had a headstart to his MLB career w/30 games in 2006.

I'd call them even right now.

Mecca
11-30-2007, 07:48 AM
I will wait until the Royals are going to spring training to make any judgments. Dayton Moore so far has made alot of great moves so I will put my trust in him.

Other than Kyle Davies.

Cochise
11-30-2007, 08:43 AM
TGI-cpiggy

Frazod
11-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Anything that makes people around him sad = Mecca's twisted happiness. :shake:

Sure-Oz
11-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Who cares. Baseball isn't about winning. It's about eating chili dogs, drinking a brewsky, and making fun of the left fielder. When I go to a Royals game, and they lose. Life is fine and dandy. When the Chiefs lose at home to the last place and a hated rival it makes me want to beat off with barbed wire and jump in front of a vehicle approaching at a high rate of speed.
Probably cause the royals have sucked forever, and there is another game tomorrow, 162 games vs 16, no biggie. Royals games are fun i'll admit, i'd like to see a .500 club atleast, that would be better.

Pitt Gorilla
11-30-2007, 09:36 AM

Did you consider the talent they gave up to get him? They provided the Rays with enough pitching to make them about 7 deep in their starting rotation.

petegz28
11-30-2007, 09:36 AM
Hello!! $55 mil on a pitcher.....got outbid but was in the running for Hunter. Butler and Gordon are upcoming strong Talents. We just need to continue to improve the pitching and pick up a bat like Guillen here and there and we will do fine.

We have done more to improve in the last 2 years than the last 20

siberian khatru
11-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Um guess what......they both came up at the same time and Young was more highly regarded than Gordon....

Oh, and that depends.

In 2006, Baseball America rated Young No. 1, Gordon No. 13. But in 2007, they had Gordon No. 2 and Young No. 3. They predicted Gordon would be rookie of the year (doh!).

You're just running down Gordon because you have this tic about believing that anything Kansas City (Chiefs or Royals) is inherently inferior. That's why you undersold Jared Allen.

You can bag on the Chiefs and Royals as franchises, because their records speak for themselves. But you shouldn't apply management failures to the worth of individual players. You have to take them on a case-by-case basis.

Cochise
11-30-2007, 09:53 AM
So if Delmon Young is God cloaked in human flesh, and for some reason God only hit .280 with 13 home runs last year and struck out 130 times while leading the league in GIDP,why would the Rays have dealt him, unless this was value? Why did they have to include anyone else in the deal besides Delmon "Chuck" Young?

Demonpenz
11-30-2007, 09:58 AM
why blow our load in overpriced talent. I like laying in the weeds better. the royals have to be picky in the people they get.

duncan_idaho
11-30-2007, 10:43 AM
The Twins are going to be worse, not better come opening day 2008.

Santana will be gone. Hunter will be gone.

You don't lose the leader of your pitching staff and your overall team leader and just bounce right back from it.

Young is talented but troubled, and they gave up an awful lot to get him (they will regret trading Bartlett to make room for Punto, one of the most overrated players around).

I still want absolutely no part of Andruw Jones for anything more than $8 million on a one-year deal (he will want more).

I'd much rather give Guillen a shot. He's better at this point, offensively, anyway.

Delano
11-30-2007, 01:12 PM
The Twins have multiple guys who can step in and be team leaders. Hunter won't be missed in that regard.

Mecca
11-30-2007, 08:08 PM
The Twins are going to be worse, not better come opening day 2008.

Santana will be gone. Hunter will be gone.

You don't lose the leader of your pitching staff and your overall team leader and just bounce right back from it.

Young is talented but troubled, and they gave up an awful lot to get him (they will regret trading Bartlett to make room for Punto, one of the most overrated players around).

I still want absolutely no part of Andruw Jones for anything more than $8 million on a one-year deal (he will want more).

I'd much rather give Guillen a shot. He's better at this point, offensively, anyway.

If you can explain to me how Delmon Young is "troubled" I'd love to hear that.....there's that perception thing again. He threw a bat at an ump so now he's a thug that's been arrested 10 times right?

When in reality he's never been arrested or had any off the field problems where is this "troubled" take from.

Jim Jones
11-30-2007, 08:27 PM
If you can explain to me how Delmon Young is "troubled" I'd love to hear that.....there's that perception thing again. He threw a bat at an ump so now he's a thug that's been arrested 10 times right?

When in reality he's never been arrested or had any off the field problems where is this "troubled" take from.

Troubled doesn't automatically mean he's some Pac Man Jones level thug, and troubled may even be going too far, but there has to be some concerns. Totally sane people don't throw bats at umpires, and that wasn't his first squabble with an umpire. He was suspended the year before for bumping an ump during an argument.

L.A. Chieffan
11-30-2007, 08:29 PM
ROFL Why you gotta rub it in Mecca?

DaneMcCloud
11-30-2007, 08:31 PM

Wednesday night's incident was not Young's first with an umpire. In May, he was suspended three games for bumping an umpire while playing for Montgomery of the Double-A Southern League, and he nearly was ejected earlier this season after flinging a bat in the air and having it land about 20 feet from a pitcher who had just hit him with a pitch.

The guy is no saint, Mecca.

Mecca
11-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Troubled doesn't automatically mean he's some Pac Man Jones level thug, and troubled may even be going too far, but there has to be some concerns. Totally sane people don't throw bats at umpires, and that wasn't his first squabble with an umpire. He was suspended the year before for bumping an ump during an argument.

Maybe he has a temper problem......when I think of troubled I think like Josh Hamilton.

L.A. Chieffan
11-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Odalis Perez is one f'ed up dude

BigRock
11-30-2007, 08:34 PM
The AP used the word "troubled" in the very first line of their story on the Twins trading for him.

Mecca
11-30-2007, 08:35 PM
The AP also used Sean Taylor being fined for late hits to act like he had "personal problems" in their story on him...

BigRock
11-30-2007, 08:45 PM
The AP also used Sean Taylor being fined for late hits to act like he had "personal problems" in their story on him...
They used Sean Taylor being fined for late hits to describe the multitude of issues surrounding him when he entered the league, along with not talking to his head coach, firing his agents, complaining about his contract before he played his first game, and so forth.

And... they were right.

Delano
11-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Regarding Young, the thing that kind of irritates me is this:

"Last season Young found trouble with Rays manager Joe Maddon, even getting pulled from a game toward the end of the year for not running out a ground ball. He apologized for his behavior and was allowed to play in Tampa Bay's season finale. "

That kind of shit just won't work with the Twins.

Mecca
11-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Hey it could be worse......

After that trade I saw the Mets make today, nothing is worse than that.

ChiefsCountry
12-01-2007, 02:33 AM
Hey it could be worse......

After that trade I saw the Mets make today, nothing is worse than that.

Yeah the Nats raped the Mets on that one. Milledge was somebody I hoped the Royals could get.

kstater
12-01-2007, 05:43 AM
why blow our load in overpriced talent. I like laying in the weeds better. the royals have to be picky in the people they get.

Holy crap, I finally found a Demonpenz post I agree with.

RP_McMurphy
12-01-2007, 07:33 AM
Falling behind? What there is a place other than last place? This organization will never go anywhere as long as glASS family is running it. They make Isiah look like a Rhodes Scholar. They are the worst absolute worst owners in Pro sports today.

nychief
12-01-2007, 08:43 AM
thank god there are 4 months till anything matters in the slightest. calm down. let Dayton work.

PunkinDrublic
12-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Let's see Dayton Moore worked under one of the most successful GMs of all time. Mecca is a pessemistic douchebag who only posts when he has something negative to say and has never run a franchise without the word fantasy in front of it.

Sure-Oz
12-01-2007, 12:22 PM
They granted arbitration to riske so we may get a sandwich pick if he is signed. Rumors are we might still try for jones and the giants are as well.

Deberg_1990
04-15-2012, 08:27 PM

Mecca, you were a prophet. Come back more often....

kstater
04-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Any other poster and I think he's mocking Mecca. But, I'm fairly certain Deberg isn't.

Pro Tip: The Twins are, and will be, the worst team in the league. By a lot.

Al Bundy
04-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Any other poster and I think he's mocking Mecca. But, I'm fairly certain Deberg isn't.

Pro Tip: The Twins are, and will be, the worst team in the league. By a lot.

Yet, the Twins will sweep the Royals twice this year and the Royals will not sweep them at all.

The Dawg
04-15-2012, 09:29 PM
My favorite thing ever is seeing super old threads being brought back to life after they have been dead for 4 1/2 to 5 years.

Simply Red
04-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Mecca was a joke account. I can't believe people still don't see that.

|Zach|
04-15-2012, 09:37 PM

Not all of us are as seasoned as you are at breaking down joke, mult, and useless accounts.

Deberg_1990
04-15-2012, 09:38 PM

I guess I missed that thread?

Simply Red
04-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Not all of us are as seasoned as you are at breaking down joke, mult, and useless accounts.

Yes, you're the league-leader, most on here agree, now go post by yourself in your badass |Zoccer| thread, tubbs.

|Zach|
04-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Yes, you're the league-leader, most on here agree, now go post by yourself in your badass |Zoccer| thread, tubbs.

Hey, I am just glad you had to courage to post this from your real account. I guess one can run and hide only so long from saying dumb ass embarrassing things.

Simply Red
04-15-2012, 09:47 PM
I guess I missed that thread?

there's no thread, do you really think someone looking like a country music singer is going to post the way that he did? It just didn't match up, none of it. I could be wrong, sure, .... but I doubt it.

Simply Red
04-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Hey, I am just glad you had to courage to post this from your real account. I guess one can run and hide only so long from saying dumb ass embarrassing things.

I did it as a joke twice, i wasn't hiding from anyone. LOL

|Zach|
04-15-2012, 09:50 PM
I did it as a joke twice, i wasn't hiding from anyone. LOL

Yea...and Mecca was a joke account.

lol.

Simply Red
04-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Yea...and Mecca was a joke account.

lol.

yup. I believe he was, yes. Not mine, but someone elses. I've come forward on my two.

demonhero
04-15-2012, 09:53 PM
nothing new right.. add Zack Greinke to the list of former Royals players tearing it up elsewhere.

beach tribe
04-16-2012, 02:37 AM
Mecca was no joke account.
Just a joke.

beach tribe
04-16-2012, 02:43 AM
If Mecca was a joke account, there would be no reason to run and hide because of all of the shit he ended up being so wrong about. He's just a know it all pussy who got butt hurt when he found out he didn't know shit, and everyone knew it.

Oh, and because of the "chick he was bangin" LAAAWL.

Are you gonna tell me next that Dane was a joke account too?