PDA

View Full Version : 65" Mitsubishi 1080p DLP TV $1599.99 at Tiger Direct

Lzen
11-30-2007, 08:15 AM
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=3429051&sku=M402-6502

Lzen
11-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Oops, meant to post this in the Media Center.

Reerun_KC
11-30-2007, 08:19 AM
need my address since you are offering?

Sure-Oz
11-30-2007, 08:51 AM
Wow, hell of a deal i'd assume my parents have a 61" mits 1080p and its badass. I need to get a CC asap.

How reliable is tiger direct?

HC_Chief
11-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Wow, hell of a deal i'd assume my parents have a 61" mits 1080p and its badass. I need to get a CC asap.

How reliable is tiger direct?

Very reliable.

Sure-Oz
11-30-2007, 09:15 AM
Very reliable.
Anyone know what this tv retails at, i would love to get one at $1500 and probably get a 2 year onsite warranty?

Cochise
11-30-2007, 09:16 AM
tiger direct is awesome, done plenty of biz with them in the past and never had any problems.

HC_Chief
11-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Anyone know what this tv retails at, i would love to get one at $1500 and probably get a 2 year onsite warranty?

Who pays retail?

FYI: Nebraska Furniture Mart price-matches online prices. That's how I got my 61" Samsung DLP for waaaaaay less than "retail".

Cochise
11-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Who pays retail?

FYI: Nebraska Furniture Mart price-matches online prices. That's how I got my 61" Samsung DLP for waaaaaay less than "retail".

I have been pricing tvs recently, and my conclusion is that anyone who walks into a big-box electronics store and buys a TV is nuts.

Pushead2
11-30-2007, 09:35 AM
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=3429051&sku=M402-6502

My sister's dick looks big on a 60"............

BUT

imagine it on a65" ahhhhhhhh ;)

EM31
11-30-2007, 09:35 AM
Do your own due dilligence on Tiger Direct. Their recent ratings seem to be much improved on resellerratings but there was a time that those used to be in the toilet and with good reason. Many knowledgeable buyers I know of consider them to be one of the worst and will not deal with them as a matter of principle. They used to have a horrible reputation for screwing people out rebates.

Do a search on Fatwallet for Tiger Direct and see how many posts will dismiss a deal out of hand simply because it is Tiger Direct.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/categories.php?NoCookie=Yes&catid=18

Donger
11-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Great. Another TV technology I didn't know about. F*ck it, I'm sticking with my old CRT until it blows up.

Cochise
11-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Do your own due dilligence on Tiger Direct. Their recent ratings seem to be much improved on resellerratings but there was a time that those used to be in the toilet and with good reason. Many knowledgeable buyers I know of consider them to be one of the worst and will not deal with them as a matter of principle. They used to have a horrible reputation for screwing people out rebates.

Do a search on Fatwallet for Tiger Direct and see how many posts will dismiss a deal out of hand simply because it is Tiger Direct.

They have links on the 'order complete' page where you can click and print the rebate forms. I've bought a lot of things there on rebate prices and never missed out on one.

EM31
11-30-2007, 10:15 AM
They have links on the 'order complete' page where you can click and print the rebate forms. I've bought a lot of things there on rebate prices and never missed out on one.
My best friend has never had an issue with a TD rebate either but a search of the fatwallet or slickdeal community will find thread after thread of people telling their horrow stories about what a shady company they have been in the past.

I think they have cleaned up their act considerably as evidenced by their recent reseller ratings (8.33 over the last 6 months) but the fact remains that this was not always the case with TD.

Cochise
11-30-2007, 10:35 AM
:shrug: I can't help but wonder if the people complaining about rebates didn't mail them in on time or something.

Rebates are great for retailers because over half of them never get sent in on time or at all.

And many stories of poor customer service are not truthful or are bent a little bit - it's a case of someone who knew they weren't entitled to something but tried to get it anyway, then badmouthed when the retailer refused to make an exception just for them.

ragedogg69
11-30-2007, 10:36 AM
I have been screwed by TD on a rebate a year ago. $80 off a $480 laptop. Not a huge deal but it did pissed me off when they denied my rebate for no reason.

Also, Circuit City or Best Buy had this TV on sale online for black friday for $1499. Not a help now, but this means you might see another $100 off this TD sale if your patient.

chasedude
11-30-2007, 10:41 AM
I never have problems with TigerDirect. I order all if not most of my replacement computer parts through them. I've been ordering so much for the business lately that a sales rep has been calling me to go through him directly.

GarySpFc
11-30-2007, 10:59 AM
I just purchased a 52" Vizio LCD 1080P at Sam's Club for $1,889. Additionally, I am a Plus Member, and so I get 2% back on all of my purchases for the year. In addition to the 1 year warranty which comes with the TV, I also purchased a 3 year warranty from Sam's for $198. Since I am a Plus member I get an addional years warranty for a total of 5 years. Finally, Sam's will always take the item back if you have the receipt, and so if I have trouble and the TV goes bad in 10 years I can return it for a full refund.

I forgot to add Sam's has a one year no payments or interest for one year.

Watching the Chiefs and movies in HiDef is awesome.

Lzen
11-30-2007, 03:14 PM

FTR, I have done a couple of rebates through TD purchases. The most recent one was on my Vizio 42" LCD. I bought it in August and had the $50 rebate by October. The TV ended up costing me $700 plus shipping (total $771). The other rebate I did was on a mutli screen portable DVD player. But that rebate was through the manufacturer. Got that one with no problem, as well.

I have heard about problems with the rebates on Tiger Direct, though. A couple years or so ago, my coworker bought a barebone PC that had rebates. He said they denied his rebate. Only thing is that this guy is a little absent minded/weird at times. I just always assumed that he must have not done something properly. The instructions are clear to me, but this guy sometimes interprets things a little differently than most. When this guy complained to us about his rebate being denied, another coworker said he had done many rebates through TD and never had a problem.

I did read some complaints about TDs rebates on www.resellerratings.com. However, I'm pretty sure that the rebate company is a separate entity. I think (but I could be wrong) that TD has since changed the rebate company in which they use.

smittysbar
11-30-2007, 04:13 PM
This is an awesome price. The rebate on this is instant. I may have to get one.

EM31
11-30-2007, 04:33 PM
FTR, I have done a couple of rebates through TD purchases. The most recent one was on my Vizio 42" LCD. I bought it in August and had the $50 rebate by October. The TV ended up costing me $700 plus shipping (total $771). The other rebate I did was on a mutli screen portable DVD player. But that rebate was through the manufacturer. Got that one with no problem, as well.

I have heard about problems with the rebates on Tiger Direct, though. A couple years or so ago, my coworker bought a barebone PC that had rebates. He said they denied his rebate. Only thing is that this guy is a little absent minded/weird at times. I just always assumed that he must have not done something properly. The instructions are clear to me, but this guy sometimes interprets things a little differently than most. When this guy complained to us about his rebate being denied, another coworker said he had done many rebates through TD and never had a problem.

I did read some complaints about TDs rebates on www.resellerratings.com.
Blaming the rebate company is basically the oldest trick in the book. Rebate companies stop cutting checks the moment the money runs out. A couple of years ago some companies were in the business of screwing customers out of rebates and Tiger Direct and were amongst the worst offenders in this area if not the very worst.

They seem to have cleaned up their act recently but just because you were one of those who got their check, please do not discount the experiences of so many others who did not.

EM31
11-30-2007, 04:40 PM
:shrug: I can't help but wonder if the people complaining about rebates didn't mail them in on time or something.

Rebates are great for retailers because over half of them never get sent in on time or at all.

And many stories of poor customer service are not truthful or are bent a little bit - it's a case of someone who knew they weren't entitled to something but tried to get it anyway, then badmouthed when the retailer refused to make an exception just for them.
You have an awful lot to learn about the www.Fatwallet.com and www.slickdeals.net community. These are savvy savvy people who are very familiar with the rebate game and ALL of its wrinkles. The idea that so many rebate-savvy consumers simultaneously and spontaneously start to have problems navigating the rebate path is frankly a little naive.

A few years ago some etailers and their rebate companies pushed the envelope up to the very edge for denying valid rebate submission becuase it was a direct way of adding to the bottom line. Just becuase TD had clean their act up recently does not erase the fact that they were amongst the most egregious offenders in this regard.

Demonpenz
11-30-2007, 04:44 PM
thanks for the heads up i just got 2 of them

EM31
11-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Well known tricks.

Take the rebate form down from your web site before the promotion is over. In other words make it difficult for people to actually get the form unless they download it at exactly the time of the purchase (frys.com does this a lot still).

Offer multiple rebates sequentially with overlaps and restrictions (another current frys.com trick popular on seagate drives). If the customer gets the worng form or circles the wrong rebate offer then you are golden. Even if they get the correct form you can always claim an honest error in denying the claim on your end... Assuming that is that the customer resubmits eveything and can prove what he is saying.

Have a very small time window to submit the rebate and then ship late making the window even smaller.

Have rebate claim codes, PO boxes, addresses and product ID's all of which use a lot of the characters "5" "s" "z" "8" "B" "o" and "0". This way you can claim someone mis-typed, misread or mis-transcribed a valid claim by transposing characters.

Offer a rebate double dip where both rebates require the original UPC (not a copy).

Put a lot of extra conditions into the fine print like a recent one on an HP printer which claimed that a $65 was only valid on offers that did not have some kind of other offer on them. So if the etailer is offering a $20 price reduction, the rebate gets denied because of a "double promotion" even though "double promotion" is never defined anywhere.

Simply toss rebate claims into the trash can and only people who remember to follow up and only people who have made copies of all of their original information and resubmit them can get their claims processed.

Finally, deny people for missing the rebate submission window even if the email of denial arrives bfore the end of the submission period.

Unless the customer files a claim with the BBB you are ahead of the game.

Most people just give up or forget or trust the rebate people when they are told they have made a mistake.

Cochise
11-30-2007, 04:59 PM
You have an awful lot to learn about the www.Fatwallet.com and www.slickdeals.net community. These are savvy savvy people who are very familiar with the rebate game and ALL of its wrinkles. The idea that so many rebate-savvy consumers simultaneously and spontaneously start to have problems navigating the rebate path is frankly a little naive.

A few years ago some etailers and their rebate companies pushed the envelope up to the very edge for denying valid rebate submission becuase it was a direct way of adding to the bottom line. Just becuase TD had clean their act up recently does not erase the fact that they were amongst the most egregious offenders in this regard.

Well, that's interesting. My relationship with them goes back 5 years or more. But, all I can say firsthand is they have treated me well. :shrug:

jidar
11-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Man that's a big assed TV. I've got a 52" and it borders on ridiculous, it makes my living room look stupid small.

Herzig
11-30-2007, 05:17 PM
I would not buy a DLP TV...their bulbs last even less than older rear projection TV's. They are expensive to replace and have a life span of about 3 years. Go with an LCD if you are going to spend that kind of jack. With only a 3% repair rate, that would be the way to go.

Here's a smokin deal on a 46 in. Sharp LCD 1080p for $1450 shipped no tax....it was $1299 shipped no tax on Monday.

http://www.valueplasma.com/productdetail.asp?productid=3136&refid=yahoo

Herzig
11-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Another good deal from Frys.com on a 46 inch Sony LCD 1080p for $1499

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4988091