PDA

View Full Version : THE CHIEFS WILL BEAT THE CHARGERS

jeffery
11-30-2007, 12:28 PM
because I put the Chargers anthem by P.O.D. on my myspace page. I know this will jinx the chargers.

HAHAHAHAHA

Fish
11-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Have you tried Haribo Gold gummi bears?

"Haribo macht Kinder froh/ und Erwachsene ebenso."

CupidStunt
11-30-2007, 12:40 PM
They will be lucky to cover the spread in a 7-point teaser.

alpha_omega
11-30-2007, 12:41 PM
I appreciate the optimism.

L.A. Chieffan
11-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Really? I live in Queens, did you put that together yourself, Einstein? Got a team of monkeys working around the clock on this?

HypnotizedMonkey
11-30-2007, 12:45 PM
I appreciate the optimism.

I second that! rep for the change of scenery!

John_Wayne
11-30-2007, 12:46 PM
No, the Chiefs will lose and I'll be happy about it. 7th pick in the draft, here we come!

Chiefs_5627
11-30-2007, 12:50 PM
No, the Chiefs will lose and I'll be happy about it. 7th pick in the draft, here we come!

YUP! ;)

CupidStunt
11-30-2007, 12:52 PM
The irony is that this is the one year where we would've been really spoilt for choice with prospects at the #15-22 pick. So many good OL, CBs and WRs in that area it's painful that this is the year we finally suck.

Just hope they really make good use of the pick.

jidar
11-30-2007, 12:52 PM
it could happen

Fruit Ninja
11-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Sad sad times for Chiefs fans when we are hoping for a top 10 pick.

talastan
11-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Hell yeah!! I'm not throwing away hope that we'll win. I'm a fan for life thru good and bad. Though I don't appreciate the way the front office and the coaching staffs has fallen down on their jobs, I'll never hope for a loss. Win it out!!

Chiefs :homer: for life

jeffery
11-30-2007, 12:58 PM
agreed
I find my self watching the cowboys and the Effing pats play just so i dont forget what offense is like. i sure do miss the ole DV offense i love that we play better defense but our defense is just good enough not to lose games, its not good enough to win them

Fruit Ninja
11-30-2007, 01:01 PM
agreed
I find my self watching the cowboys and the Effing pats play just so i dont forget what offense is like. i sure do miss the ole DV offense i love that we play better defense but our defense is just good enough not to lose games, its not good enough to win them
I dont even look forward for the Chiefs to be on offense, all it does is end up bad. Colquitts leg has fell off. He's has been average at best lately.

I knew the offense wasnt going to be as good as in the passed, but with the talent we do have on offense i never thought it would be Raider bad.

L.A. Chieffan
11-30-2007, 01:03 PM
I falsified my renewal. I put 1060 West Addison

El Jefe
11-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Hell yeah!! I'm not throwing away hope that we'll win. I'm a fan for life thru good and bad. Though I don't appreciate the way the front office and the coaching staffs has fallen down on their jobs, I'll never hope for a loss. Win it out!!

Chiefs :homer: for life

Dito.

talastan
11-30-2007, 01:21 PM
I always wonder why people think that being so anti-Chiefs is going to be any help to those 53 men on the field. It's obvious the front office doesn't care about a championship, and it's looks like we don't have the coaching for a championship team much less the playoffs. So shouldn't we do everything we can as fans to show up and deafen these stinking Dolts to at least help out our guys somehow. If the management wouldn't do their jobs then lets at least help OUR Chiefs!!

:homer: :homer: :homer: :homer:

KCFalcon59
11-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Stop. Just stop already. We have Herm. That is at least a 10 point swing to SD.

Baby Lee
11-30-2007, 01:32 PM
True, the Kansas City Chiefs will be at the Chargers at noon on Sunday.

FAX
11-30-2007, 01:49 PM
agreed

You know, I'm still trying to figure out how you "win" games with defense. Unless the D scores, it's hard to do. The same thing can be said about special teams. Obviously, you can prevent losses with defense. You can change momentum with defense. You can even improve your offense's probability of success with defense. But, it's very rare to "win" with defense. In the NFL, you have to score point things in order to "win".

Honestly, it was very strange watching that game last night, Mr. jeffery. Everywhere you looked, you saw solid efforts to attain the first down marker on each drive, passes longer than 15 yards, passes actually thrown into the endzone place.

I know it sounds silly, but it was almost surreal to see those teams go after each other like that. This thing with the Chiefs has definitely gotten me twisted.

FAX

talastan
11-30-2007, 01:55 PM
This thing with the Chiefs has definitely gotten me twisted.

FAX
Come On Fax, Let's not get this twisted!! JK

I agree that our offense needs to be a HELL of a lot better. I just hate that people are saying things like "its no use to go to a game the rest of this season", or "I hate the _______ so much that I refuse to go". I just think that if we could, we need to focus on the fact that our young guys regardless of who is coaching or managing them need the fans support. Less talented groups than this have been very successful at Arrowhead and I think that it is defintely in the Chiefs favor when its The Sea of Red + Chiefs vs. The Dolts. JMO though....

KCFalcon59
11-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Stop. Just stop already. We have Herm. That is at least a 10 point swing to SD.

Aw Shit. Now Huard is starting. That makes it a 24 point swing.

Baby Lee
11-30-2007, 02:06 PM
You know, I'm still trying to figure out how you "win" games with defense.
It's not literal, its referring to the fact that champions can often have adequate offense with a dominating defenses, while the teams they beat in the playoffs are often the dominating regular offenses that meet their match.
Think the run of the Bills and Broncs in the 90s [though they made it to the SB, it still reflects the running trend], or the impressive offenses of Minnesota or Miami.
The outlier was the 99 Rams, but even then the NFCC and SB were defensive affairs.
Then you get the Ravens and the Bucs. And although the Pats now have a dominating O, their early SBs were defensive masterpieces.

FAX
11-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Come On Fax, Let's not get this twisted!! JK

I agree that our offense needs to be a HELL of a lot better. I just hate that people are saying things like "its no use to go to a game the rest of this season", or "I hate the _______ so much that I refuse to go". I just think that if we could, we need to focus on the fact that our young guys regardless of who is coaching or managing them need the fans support. Less talented groups than this have been very successful at Arrowhead and I think that it is defintely in the Chiefs favor when its The Sea of Red + Chiefs vs. The Dolts. JMO though....

I could not agree more, Mr. talastan. You are wise and also smart and stuff. People who have an opportunity to watch the Chiefs at Arrowhead don't realize how lucky they are. I would love to go to games. Absolutely love it. And, I would hate for our young players to get the idea that the fans are not supporting them.

I've been in favor of starting Croyle from day one. I wasn't worried about the "fragile" label whatsoever. What I didn't realize was how bad our offensive line was. Unfortunately, the team is far more screwed up than I had feared. Now, we've gotten Brodie injured which will fuel the urban myth that he's delicate, Downfield will probably have the game of his life against the Eggos, put up 40, and win the starting job back.

I'm very happy that Bowe is getting big minutes. I like the fact that our young DTs and DBs are seeing playing time. Kolby has shown surprising promise. There's a lot to like from that perspective.

Still, our propensity for predictable playcalling, running draw plays in bunches, going for the first down 4 yards short of the marker, and making few (if any) valid attempts to actually get the ball into the endzone place is, frankly, driving me insane.

FAX

bowener
11-30-2007, 02:27 PM

When you put it that way.... that does sound rather nice.

talastan
11-30-2007, 03:26 PM
I could not agree more, Mr. talastan. You are wise and also smart and stuff. People who have an opportunity to watch the Chiefs at Arrowhead don't realize how lucky they are. I would love to go to games. Absolutely love it. And, I would hate for our young players to get the idea that the fans are not supporting them.
FAX

Yup I live in Springfield, which is somewhat close enough to get to games. However the lack of funds continues to seperate me from my long sought after season passes. I try to go to "A" game when I can afford it. I just don't see how not showing up is going to do anything but show the young guys they've got nothing going for them. At least the fans can back them up since the management won't!! :shake: