PDA

View Full Version : Those fun loving Sudanese Muslims at it again...

vailpass
11-30-2007, 02:40 PM
....isn't it nice how they haven't been spoiled by modern day human behavior and can maintain the lifestyle they had back in the dark ages?

Sudan protesters: Execute teacher
Story Highlights
Some demonstrators demand execution of Gillian Gibbons, 54

Gibbons found guilty of insulting religion, sentenced to 15 days in jail

Teacher arrested after her class named teddy bear "Mohammed"

KHARTOUM, Sudan (CNN) -- Hundreds of angry protesters, some waving ceremonial swords from trucks equipped with loud speakers, gathered Friday outside the presidential palace to denounce a teacher whose class named a teddy bear "Mohammed" -- some calling for her execution.

The protesters, which witnesses said numbered close to 1,000, swore to fight in the name of their prophet.

Gillian Gibbons, 54, was given 15 days in jail late Thursday after she was convicted of insulting religion. She was cleared of charges of inciting hatred and showing contempt for religious beliefs, her lawyer, Ali Ajeb, said.

Ajeb said they planned to appeal the sentence, which begins from the date she was detained, Nov. 25. Including Friday, she has 10 more days in jail.

British Foreign Secretary David Miliband said he was "extremely disappointed" that the charges were not dismissed.

Meanwhile senior British lawmakers were en route to Khartoum to try to secure Gibbons' early release.

The two members of the House of Lords were set to arrive in Khartoum about 5 a.m. Saturday (9 p.m. Friday ET), Time magazine reporter Sam Dealey told CNN, citing British and Sudanese sources.

They will meet with government ministers and Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir, he said.

Sources close to the British government and the Republican Palace in Sudan say it is expected that a deal will be reached, and Gibbons will be released, Dealey said. Visas for the two, he said, were granted "in record time ... by Sudanese standards."

Friday's demonstrations began as worshippers spilled out of mosques in the capital after Friday prayers. They marched to the palace, which is on the same street as Unity High School, where Gibbons taught grade school students. Those who named the bear were 7 years old.

A heavy police presence was maintained outside the school, but no demonstrators were there. Watch men brandish knives, shout »

Armed with swords and sticks, the protesters shouted: "By soul, by blood, I will fight for the Prophet Mohammad. Western journalists who attempted to talk to the protesters were ushered away by men in plain clothes. Gibbons is being held in a women's prison in the Omdurman district of Khartoum, and she will be deported at the end of her prison term, British consular officials told CNN.

British Embassy staff said they were giving the teacher -- from the northern British city of Liverpool -- full consular assistance.

In leaflets distributed earlier this week by Muslim groups, the protesters promised a "popular release of anger" at Friday's protests.

The leaflets condemned Gibbons as an "infidel" and accused her of "the pollution of children's mentality" by her actions.

Omer Mohammed Ahmed Siddig, the Sudanese ambassador to Britain, was summoned for a second time to meet with the British foreign secretary late Thursday after the court's ruling.

Miliband also spoke to the Sudanese acting foreign minister for 15 minutes on the telephone during the meeting, the British Foreign Office said.

"Our priority now is to ensure Ms. Gibbons' welfare and we will continue to provide consular assistance to her," Miliband said in a statement.

The Foreign Office said there would be further talks with the Sudanese government Friday.

Gibbons was arrested Sunday after she asked her class to name the stuffed animal as part of a school project, the Foreign Office said. She had faced charges under Article 125 of Sudan's constitution, the law relating to insulting religion and inciting hatred.

She could have received a sentence of 40 lashes, a fine or jail term of up to a year, according to the Foreign Office.

British newspapers condemned Gibbons' conviction, with the Daily Telegraph calling for the recall of the British ambassador from Khartoum and sanctions against the heads of the Sudanese government.Watch a report on reactions to the verdict »

In an editorial, the tabloid newspaper, The Sun, said Gibbons' jailing was a "grotesque insult to Islam" and called Gibbons "an innocent abroad."

Four vans filled with riot police were waiting outside the courthouse at Thursday's hearing, but there were no disturbances. Staff from Gibbons' school, including director Robert Boulos, were present.

Defense counsel later confirmed that the complaint against Gibbons came from Sarah Khawad, a secretary at the school.

Gibbons has been working at the school, popular with wealthy Sudanese and expatriates, since August, after leaving her position as deputy head teacher at a primary school in Liverpool this summer, Boulos said.

He said Gibbons asked the children to pick their favorite name for the new class mascot, which she was using to aid lessons about animals and their habitats.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/africa/11/30/sudan.bears/index.html

Hog Farmer
11-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Jesus Christ those people are ****ed up!

Pitt Gorilla
11-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Now THAT is some religious conservatism!

RJ
11-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Let the punishment fit the crime!

Phobia
11-30-2007, 02:55 PM
They need some Hip Hop culture.

Phobia
11-30-2007, 02:56 PM
But they're a peace loving people.

stumppy
11-30-2007, 02:56 PM
More evidence the mofo's have a mindset comparible to people from the middle ages.

stumppy
11-30-2007, 02:57 PM
But they're a peace loving people.

ROFL

Exactly

chasedude
11-30-2007, 02:59 PM
More evidence the mofo's have a mindset comparible to people from the middle ages.

Scary isn't it?

Pitt Gorilla
11-30-2007, 03:00 PM
More evidence the mofo's have a mindset comparible to people from the middle ages.I was thinking Mitt Romney.

mikey23545
11-30-2007, 03:01 PM
I was thinking Mitt Romney.

Is that really the way the world looks to you?

stumppy
11-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Scary isn't it?

The scary part is they want to drag us all down with them. Either that or kill all of us.

chasedude
11-30-2007, 03:04 PM
The scary part is they want to drag us all down with them. Either that or kill all of us.

I keep thinking of Jeff Dunham and his puppet Achmed the Dead Terroist... I kill you... I kill you all! LMAO

Stewie
11-30-2007, 03:05 PM
It's an insult to name a teddy bear Mohammed? Yet, they can name their dumbass brainwashed kids Mohammed because... uh, why? exactly?

RJ
11-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Maybe if the bear's name was shortened to Mo they wouldn't be so angry.

Pitt Gorilla
11-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Is that really the way the world looks to you?It's a joke, "genious." Consider investment in a sense of humor.

Iowanian
11-30-2007, 03:19 PM
A few more years of that....and they'll be as unfree as Americans under Gorge debilBush!!!

Frazod
11-30-2007, 03:22 PM
You're giving them too much credit. These morons should be waiving bones at a giant black rectangle.

AZORChiefFan
11-30-2007, 03:36 PM
First the bitch is working.

Second…

'nuff said.

Bump
11-30-2007, 03:38 PM
I wonder if those people over there would be happier if they were allowed to eat some bacon or sausage, solve world peace = start off my giving muslims some pork!

just kidding.

redbrian
11-30-2007, 03:40 PM
KHARTOUM, Sudan (AP) — Thousands of Sudanese, many armed with clubs and knives, rallied Friday in a central square and demanded the execution of a British teacher convicted of insulting Islam for allowing her students to name a teddy bear "Muhammad."
In response to the protests, Gillian Gibbons was moved from the women's prison near Khartoum to a secret location, her chief lawyer Kamal al-Gizouli said shortly after visiting her to discuss the verdict.

"They moved this lady from the prison department to put her in other hands and in other places to cover her and wait until she completes her imprisonment period," he said, adding that she was in good health. "They want by hook or by crook to complete these nine days without any difficulties which would have an impact on their foreign relationship."

TENSIONS MOUNT:Britain seeks teacher's release

The protesters streamed out of mosques after Friday sermons, as trucks with loudspeakers blared messages against Gibbons, who was sentenced Thursday to 15 days in prison and deportation. She avoided the more serious punishment of 40 lashes.

I defy you to find a more backwards, intolerant group on the face of the earth today.

AZORChiefFan
11-30-2007, 03:40 PM
I wonder if those people over there would be happier if they were allowed to eat some bacon or sausage, solve world peace = start off my giving muslims some pork!

just kidding.
I always feel more relaxed after a big ol plate of bacon.

Valiant
11-30-2007, 03:59 PM
They need some Hip Hop culture.

You damn racist, they do have hip hop culture..

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117972751.html?categoryid=2357&cs=1

talastan
Maybe if the bear's name was shortened to Mo they wouldn't be so angry.

Infidel!!! :eek:

I still can't believe that people still think these people want to really accept our country and the western way of life. :shake:

Demonpenz
look up jim gafficgan and his bacon bit on youtube.c

JohninGpt
11-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Let the punishment fit the crime!
Go to England and name a teddy bear "Jesus"? How awful!

redbrian
11-30-2007, 04:22 PM
how about saudi arabia or North Korea great leader?

Those are leaders, I'm talking about the people in general. You know the ones calling for the death of this teacher

Iowanian
11-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Wait until they find out she believes in toilet paper, leg shaving and deodorant!

YIYIYIYIYIYYIYIYIYIYIYIYIYIYIYIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

FAX
11-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Every Sudanese Muslim needs to be shot. Period.

FAX

mikey23545
11-30-2007, 04:50 PM
It's a joke, "genious." Consider investment in a sense of humor.

A little touchy about a joke, aren't you?

Rain Man
11-30-2007, 05:22 PM
As a worshiper of Teddy Roosevelt, I personally think that they should flog anyone who names their bear "Teddy".

I can't imagine growing up in such a backwards culture. Maybe I give myself too much credit, but I like to think that I'd be the guy in the coffee bar smoking the hookah and saying, "Can you believe those dip****s out there protesting?"

KcMizzou
11-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Mohammed the Stuffed Pig: Plush Be Upon Him

Following the news that in the highly progressive tyrannical genocidal regime of Sudan, a British teacher has been charged with blasphemy for allowing kids in her class to name a teddy bear Mohammed, it’s pretty clear that Sudan is not happy with the idea of a Teddy Bear named Mohammed. That makes sense since there are no bears in the Quran, there are pigs though and so I generously give the people of Sudan their prophet in plush pig form.

That’s right, it’s Mohammed the Stuffed Pig PBUH (Plush Be Upon Him), a respectful tribute to Islam’s greatest fake prophet. In many ways Prophet Mohammed Stuffed Pig Edition is a major improvement on the real thing.

While he is made out of plush and will be adored by children, he won’t respond by trying to marry your 6 year old daughters because “Allah Told Him To”. This makes him child-friendly, unlike the real Mohammed, who was the whole other kind of “Child Friendly” that you don’t want around your kids.

Mohammed the Stuffed Pig may cost an arm and a leg but he won’t try to chop off your arms and legs because you’re all filthy infidels, unlike the real Mohammed. Also he won’t raid and rob you, steal your goats or any of the other fun activities the real Mohammed was noted for.

It seems as if Muslims get so obsessively outraged over every imagined slight to their crazy made up religion because they haven’t had enough people offending them on a regular basis. Being regularly offended requires either going murderously insane or developing a thick skin. Muslims have been making a good go at the former but aren’t anywhere near the latter.

Perhaps offending them more on a regular basis will push them one way or another, either into a state of weary tolerance where the imagined sight of their diety’s name in the swirls of a fast food’s chain ice cream or a cartoon of their bearded prophet no longer sends them scrambling madly for their swords and detonators or into outright insanity in which Muslims wander the streets like zombie mobs roaring at everyone and trying to eat them alive. Either one would be a vast improvement over today.

http://pysih.com/2007/11/30/mohammed-the-stuffed-pig/

Iowanian
11-30-2007, 08:11 PM
I still think all of these Muslim radicals secretly desire to be arse-poked to death by a menstruating Jewish woman with a pig skin strap on.

Pitt Gorilla
11-30-2007, 08:17 PM
I still think all of these Muslim radicals secretly desire to be arse-poked to death by a menstruating Jewish woman with a pig skin strap on.Eh, I think they just want attention. They're on TV flashing their knives and weapons, and they still suck. Take out a city block worth of them and I doubt the teddy bear thing would matter much anymore.

Phobia
11-30-2007, 08:49 PM
I just flushed a giant Mohammed veined with the the fatty matter remaining from a holiday ham. Tomorrow I intend to dump another.

Skip Towne
11-30-2007, 09:08 PM
I still think all of these Muslim radicals secretly desire to be arse-poked to death by a menstruating Jewish woman with a pig skin strap on.
I think they are extremely jealous of the US meteoric rise to world power while doing everything they see as evil. While they are still riding camels.

chagrin
11-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Is Sudan where they have the Militia guys who call themselves the "Gangaweed crew"? Or is that Darfur?

Serious question - who has done less in 3,000 years - Mexicans or Africans? I mean specifically related to the folks who live in their homeland.

chagrin
11-30-2007, 10:17 PM
A little touchy about a joke, aren't you?

No, F you! Oh, sorry you weren't talking to me.