PDA

View Full Version : Norv vs. Herm -- who's worse?

FringeNC
12-01-2007, 06:11 PM
These two may very well be the worst head coaches in the NFL. Norv is a competent offensive coordinator, but always seems to lose the team as a head coach. Herm is a know-nothing motivator. Although at first glance, they seem opposites, I think they share one common trait that makes both of them big-time losers: they both coach scared.

Buehler445
12-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Definitely Norv. Herm tard beat Norvs dumbass with superior talent in SD with HUARD under center.

Although when you get below a certain level of acceptable it doesn't really matter anymore.

chiefforlife
12-01-2007, 06:16 PM
These two may very well be the worst head coaches in the NFL. Norv is a competent offensive coordinator, but always seems to lose the team as a head coach. Herm is a know-nothing motivator. Although at first glance, they seem opposites, I think they share one common trait that makes both of them big-time losers: they both coach scared.

Great thought, I think the worst coach has to go to Herm. Norv at least knows how to coach offense. Herm should go be a motivational speaker or some self help guru. Stay away from coaching.

stumppy
12-01-2007, 06:21 PM
This is like asking if you'd rather get punched in the gut or the face.

Pestilence
12-01-2007, 06:22 PM
They're still better than tards who start Herm sucks threads.

pikesome
12-01-2007, 06:26 PM

QFMFT

blueballs
12-01-2007, 06:34 PM
The Jack Harry of Herm haters
stoopid

Count Zarth
12-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Norv. No contest. At least Herm inspires.

a1na2
12-01-2007, 07:02 PM
If you went to the deepest part of the ocean and turned over a load of whale shit you would find them both. I'd say it's a tie, both are lower than whale shit.

keg in kc
12-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Well, let's see.

The Chiefs are 4-7 with one of the 10 worst rosters in the NFL.

The Chargers are 6-5 with one of the top 5 rosters in the NFL.

Norv by a factor of about a billion.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Well, let's see.

The Chiefs are 4-7 with one of the 10 worst rosters in the NFL.

The Chargers are 6-5 with one of the top 5 rosters in the NFL.

Norv by a factor of about a billion.

Anyone who says Herm, instantly loses credibility. Stats speak for themselves.

Edit: I typed Norm at first, oops.

chiefforlife
12-01-2007, 07:36 PM

You are right, HERM BLOWS!!

Priest4Prez
12-01-2007, 07:43 PM
I really don't think it is always the coaches fault. The gms both have screwed up. Smith brought in a new HC after Marty took the chargers to a 14-2 record. and Carl doesn't really help his coaches reload either....

Easy 6
12-02-2007, 08:31 AM
Anyone who says Herm, instantly loses credibility. Stats speak for themselves.

Edit: I typed Norm at first, oops.

Look, Herm has driven me up a wall like everyone...but if you wanna talk about stats, here's the most important one.

Norv: 64-87-1 (0.424) Postseason: 1-1

Herm: 52-55-0 (0.486) Postseason: 2-4

Granted, its not by much...but Herms numbers prove him to be the better HC. Herm also didnt have the luxury of taking over a complete team like Norv did.

In a shorter span of time, Herm has a PS record that more than doubles Norvs.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 08:34 AM
I think I would rather have my nuts cut off with a rusty knife, then shoved down my own throat, before I would even consider either one of those losers for a HC position.

Nothing more pathetic and wretched than knowing Herm is coaching the team I grew up with... Just turns my stomach...

someone please pass the antifreeze!

Count Zarth
12-02-2007, 08:37 AM
I think I would rather have my nuts cut off with a rusty knife, then shoved down my own throat, before I would even consider either one of those losers for a HC position.

Nothing more pathetic and wretched than knowing Herm is coaching the team I grew up with... Just turns my stomach...

someone please pass the antifreeze!

What percentage of your posts over the last two seasons have been dedicated to Herm-bashing?

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 08:40 AM
What percentage of your posts over the last two seasons have been dedicated to Herm-bashing?
99.9%

Will stay that way until he leaves....

pikesome
12-02-2007, 08:43 AM
99.9%

Will stay that way until he leaves....

I'd say this was a damn accurate post. One thing about Reerun here, he hasn't been shy in his dislike for Herm.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 08:50 AM
I'd say this was a damn accurate post. One thing about Reerun here, he hasn't been shy in his dislike for Herm.

Well dont want to flip/flop like some other posters around here...

Staying true to my beliefs and stance.

blueballs
12-02-2007, 08:51 AM
How many of these broken record wonders are there
every mother ****ing post is the same usless information
dull dull dull

blueballs
12-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Chiefsfan1963 -Vermeil is God
FringeHC-Herm sucks
BigRedChief-Carl should die

FringeNC
12-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Chiefsfan1963 -Vermeil is God
FringeHC-Herm sucks
BigRedChief-Carl should die

Funny -- for someone who finds these threads dull, you've posted more times in this particular thread than anyone.

blueballs
12-02-2007, 08:59 AM
thick heads
don't crack on the first hit
or they wouldn't have made it pass firstgrade

ChiefButthurt
12-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Herm by a mile. In a short time, he ruined a solid offense. Came in here with the proclamation that he wouldn't screw it up. BUT would develop a defense to go along with the offense. Nice job.

Norv Turner IS NOT Marty and San Diego is not the complete team that all claimed. Marty knows how to motivate and get results. He's laughing in the background.

pikesome
12-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Herm by a mile. In a short time, he ruined a solid offense. Came in here with the proclamation that he wouldn't screw it up. BUT would develop a defense to go along with the offense. Nice job.

Norv Turner IS NOT Marty and San Diego is not the complete team that all claimed. Marty knows how to motivate and get results. He's laughing in the background.

You have to blame DV for ruining the O too (CP ought to get some as well). It took a nearly complete inability to draft and/or develop talent to get here. Herm's guilty of poorly using what we have but the whole FO since the late 90's helped dig this hole.

Dave Lane
12-02-2007, 09:18 AM
I grade based on results first and ability a very close second. That being said I have to give Herm the nod as he scores better I really have to say he has been handed 2 pretty good teams and ended up running them into the ditch. And he's completely clueless.

Dave

milkman
12-02-2007, 10:47 AM
I grade based on results first and ability a very close second. That being said I have to give Herm the nod as he scores better I really have to say he has been handed 2 pretty good teams and ended up running them into the ditch. And he's completely clueless.

Dave

I dislike Herman ****ing Edwards as much as the next guy, but to say he was handed a pretty good team in KC is simply ignoring reality.

Yeah, the Chiefs finished 10-6 the year before, but he was handed a team that was still pretty bad on defense, and an offense that was aging.

He lost one of the great all time players at LT in Roaf, and Will Shields' play was clearly on decline.

That offense was putting up the kind of numbers they were because the O-Line was among the best ever.

That O-Line wasn't even close to the same for Herman ****ing Edwards.

chiefforlife
12-02-2007, 10:55 AM
I dislike Herman ****ing Edwards as much as the next guy, but to say he was handed a pretty good team in KC is simply ignoring reality.

Yeah, the Chiefs finished 10-6 the year before, but he was handed a team that was still pretty bad on defense, and an offense that was aging.

He lost one of the great all time players at LT in Roaf, and Will Shields' play was clearly on decline.

That offense was putting up the kind of numbers they were because the O-Line was among the best ever.

That O-Line wasn't even close to the same for Herman ****ing Edwards.

The Colts lost Tarik Glen, their pro bowl LT. They drafted his replacement and kept right on going.

pikesome
12-02-2007, 10:57 AM
The Colts lost Tarik Glen, their pro bowl LT. They drafted his replacement and kept right on going.

Spot Herm Manning and his WRs and then this point makes sense.

chiefforlife
12-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Spot Herm Manning and his WRs and then this point makes sense.

The point is, they didnt spend two years crying about it. They saw a weakness and immediately addressed it.
Has nothing to do with Manning or his WRs. It has to do with a smart organization and Coach.

milkman
12-02-2007, 12:46 PM
The point is, they didnt spend two years crying about it. They saw a weakness and immediately addressed it.
Has nothing to do with Manning or his WRs. It has to do with a smart organization and Coach.

The difference is that the Colts didn't have holes everywhere to fill.

The Chiefs did, and still do.

chiefforlife
12-02-2007, 12:55 PM
The difference is that the Colts didn't have holes everywhere to fill.

The Chiefs did, and still do.

Good point except..If it all starts with the Oline, why didnt we start with the Oline.

milkman
12-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Good point except..If it all starts with the Oline, why didnt we start with the Oline.

Because there was no value at O-Line when we picked.

I can't stand Herman ****ing Edwards, but I believe he's drafting the right way.

Best player available.

Drafting for need in Dick years, and before, is why this team is in the mess it is right now.

Easy 6
12-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Because there was no value at O-Line when we picked.

I can't stand Herman ****ing Edwards, but I believe he's drafting the right way.

Best player available.

Drafting for need in Dick years, and before, is why this team is in the mess it is right now.

It gives me great pleasure to see you being rational about it.

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Herm should be fired.

ChiefButthurt
12-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Thats a lock halfcan.

Priest4Prez
12-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Bump

Tits McGee
12-02-2007, 05:40 PM
This is one of those great questions that will debated for generations.
On one hand you have Herm, who should be coaching Div.II football at Emporia KS. On the other hand you have Norm who is simply put, "a loser." Hmmm... Where is my magic 8-ball?

Oh Snap
12-02-2007, 06:15 PM
herm inherited a DV team that was built to win for DV. Now herm is stuck with the mess of a neglected team that had its experation date expire. Now he has to pick up the pieces and bascially start all over. I like what herm is doing. He is building a winner.

OL, it looks like we are going to be picking from the top ten draft picks. LT is a must, than maybe with out second rounder we go after a RT or RG, from there on maybe look at adding depth along with looking to a solid CB. This draft is pretty deep with OL prospects. Maybe we move Mcintosh to RT and start a rookie LT. Honestly...we are going to have a good pick, i dont see this team winning another game. 4-12 here we come. And I actually hope for it. We will be picking some good players up because of it. 2009 is going to be our year. 2008 will be a year where our young players develop the comaraderie that is key to any teams success. I see an 8-8 season next year. Honestly, give herm some credit. He hasnt been so conservative herm latly. Going for it on 4th down, airing the ball out more...etc...