PDA

View Full Version : Title game is bad for Big 12

KcMizzou
12-02-2007, 01:25 AM
Title game is bad for Big 12

SAN ANTONIO | This is an evil game. Thatís all there is to it. They call it the Dr Pepper Big 12 Football Championship, which is only right. There needs to be a doctor in the house after they play this game.

The Big 12 championship game has broken more hearts than Angelina Jolie. It has caused more pain than paper cuts. It has shattered more dreams than all the snooze buttons in America. Missouri never stood a chance.

The Tigers lost to Oklahoma 38-17 Saturday night at the Alamodome, and letís get one thing straight right off: It was a command performance by the Sooners. They came into the game with a brilliant swarming game plan that was like kryptonite to Missouriís no-huddle, fast-break offense. The Soonersí defense stifled Missouri quarterback Chase Daniel, frustrated him, and, ultimately, ended his Heisman hopes. The Soonersí offense overpowered Missouri with their big offensive line and power running game. It was total victory. There are no excuses. The better team won Saturday and won convincingly.

But there is something else here. Missouri played scared. Oklahoma played free. The Tigers were tight. Oklahoma was, if anything, overaggressive (as their four personal-foul penalties suggest). Missouri played like peace in the Middle East was on the line. Oklahoma played like it was recess on the playground.

Itís natural: These are still college kids. And Missouriís college kids were playing for history, while Oklahomaís were playing for a better bowl vacation destination.

That is the problem with these conference championship games in the BCS world that we live in. The nerves are not even. The stakes are not even. In a playoff setting ó in the Final Four ó there are all sorts of nerves, all sorts of pressure, but itís there on both sides. Both teams have to face up. You find out which team can handle the moment better.

But in these crazy late-season games, each team is dealing with its own moment. You have one team under the weight of the world and another team looking to make ďSportsCenter.Ē Itís no coincidence that in the final days Pitt beat West Virginia, and Arkansas beat LSU, and Texas Tech beat Oklahoma and so on.

And that sort of crushing upset happens all the time in this crazy game. Heartbreak has now struck five times in Big 12 championship history. Can you believe that? Five times. There have only been 12 of these games, so thatís a pretty high percentage.

Heartbreak happened in the very first Big 12 championship gamein 1996, when a nothing-to-lose Texas threw a wacky fourth-down pass and knocked Nebraska right out of the national-championship picture. It happened two years later, when Texas A&M beat Kansas State in double overtime, and Iíve never seen a team as destroyed as those Wildcats were after that loss. Even tough old coach Bill Snyder shed a few tears.

It happened again in 2001; this time it was Texas throwing interceptions and losing its national-championship chance in a stunning loss to Colorado. It happened in 2003, when Snyder exacted his revenge, and Kansas State destroyed No. 1 Oklahoma 35-7. The Sooners did still go on to the national-championship game that year, but their invincibility was pierced, and they never quite recovered.

Then, there was Saturday. Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops and defensive coordinator Brent Venables developed a simple yet ruthless plan ó they wanted to make Missouri come out and fight. The Tigers have scored all those points this year with trick plays and reverses and quick passes.

The Sooners said no. They rushed up to hit those receivers after they caught the short passes. They stuffed the Tigersí running game. They unleashed blitzes and faked blitzes. They dared Daniel to throw the ball downfield. And Daniel, who for the first time all season looked intimidated, did not dare.

More than anything, they made Missouri look weak when in scoring position. The one real question about Missouriís high-scoring offense all season was this: Could the Tigers get physical and get the big yards when they needed them? It was the question Stoops and Venables and the Oklahoma defense were determined to ask.

They got their answer: No. The Tigers had first and goal three times ó and did not score a touchdown in any of those chances. The Sooners forced incomplete passes at the goal line. They stuffed the Tigers at the 1. They knocked Missouri out of field-goal range with a sack early in the second half.

And late in the third quarter, with Missouri on the Oklahoma 9 and in a must-score-a-touchdown situation (the Tigers already trailed by two touchdowns), the Sooners got another sack. Two plays later, Missouri kicked the field goal at the start of the fourth quarter and more or less waved the white flag.

Oklahoma just played the whole game with more emotion, more daring, more intensity. You can offer up a dozen different theories why. But it seemed to me that Missouri was overwhelmed by the moment. They were playing and coaching for something big, a national-championship shot. And Oklahoma was just playing football.

Now the national-championship picture is in shambles. It looks like the Ohio State Buckeyes, whose best win this year was over Michigan (coincidentally, that was also Appalachian Stateís best win this year) may play Georgia, a team that did not even qualify for the SEC championship game. Of course everybody ó LSU, USC, Virginia Tech, even Kansas ó will make a pitch. Stoops started the politicking just minutes after the game, and you have to say thereís a case to be made after you beat the No. 1 team in America by three touchdowns.

Missouri definitely wonít play in the big game. That shouldnít ruin everything. It was a great year for the Tigers, a breakthrough kind of year. They will still play in a big bowl game. They beat Kansas in one of the biggest games ever seen in around those parts. They caught Americaís eye for the first time in about a half-century. After the pain wears off, everyone will appreciate what happened this year.

But, I imagine the pain wonít wear off today. No, today will be another tough sports day in the heartland. What can you say? This Big 12 championship is an evil, evil game. You have to wonder whether Dr Pepper can cure heartaches.

Thig Lyfe
12-02-2007, 01:35 AM
Link?

Cuz uh, well, that was pretty poorly written.

KcMizzou
12-02-2007, 01:37 AM
Link?

Cuz uh, well, that was pretty poorly written.

http://www.kansascity.com/180/story/386146.html

Thig Lyfe
12-02-2007, 01:38 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/180/story/386146.html

Damn, not JoPo's best effort. It definitely felt rushed.

Thig Lyfe
12-02-2007, 01:41 AM
Actually, I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm tired. Muh.

When I read it after a night's sleep, it'll probably be awesome.

ChiefsFootball
12-02-2007, 02:08 AM
Would this article have ever seen the light of day by the Kansas City columnist had the Tigers won... ? I think not. Spilled milk/crying. Granted, I wanted Mizzou to win it all, but excuses are just that, and the thought of blaming Mizzou losing because they were playing tight/afraid, makes me disrespect them even more, which is the opposite of this crying columnist's purpose. Mizzou lost to the better team twice, its why they play the game. Move along, Mizzou is not the first team to choke big in a big game. In fact, this happens all the time, they are not the first/last.

ChiefsFootball
12-02-2007, 02:11 AM
By the way, I love conference championship games, and the fact that many teams lose in them that were favored to go the National Championship game, makes be believe in the purpose of the conference championship game more and more.

dr00d
12-02-2007, 02:13 AM
Title game is bad for Big 12

SAN ANTONIO | This is an evil game. Thatís all there is to it. They call it the Dr Pepper Big 12 Football Championship, which is only right. There needs to be a doctor in the house after they play this game.

The Big 12 championship game has broken more hearts than Angelina Jolie. It has caused more pain than paper cuts. It has shattered more dreams than all the snooze buttons in America. Missouri never stood a chance.

The Tigers lost to Oklahoma 38-17 Saturday night at the Alamodome, and letís get one thing straight right off: It was a command performance by the Sooners. They came into the game with a brilliant swarming game plan that was like kryptonite to Missouriís no-huddle, fast-break offense. The Soonersí defense stifled Missouri quarterback Chase Daniel, frustrated him, and, ultimately, ended his Heisman hopes. The Soonersí offense overpowered Missouri with their big offensive line and power running game. It was total victory. There are no excuses. The better team won Saturday and won convincingly.

But there is something else here. Missouri played scared. Oklahoma played free. The Tigers were tight. Oklahoma was, if anything, overaggressive (as their four personal-foul penalties suggest). Missouri played like peace in the Middle East was on the line. Oklahoma played like it was recess on the playground.

Itís natural: These are still college kids. And Missouriís college kids were playing for history, while Oklahomaís were playing for a better bowl vacation destination.

That is the problem with these conference championship games in the BCS world that we live in. The nerves are not even. The stakes are not even. In a playoff setting ó in the Final Four ó there are all sorts of nerves, all sorts of pressure, but itís there on both sides. Both teams have to face up. You find out which team can handle the moment better.

But in these crazy late-season games, each team is dealing with its own moment. You have one team under the weight of the world and another team looking to make ďSportsCenter.Ē Itís no coincidence that in the final days Pitt beat West Virginia, and Arkansas beat LSU, and Texas Tech beat Oklahoma and so on.

And that sort of crushing upset happens all the time in this crazy game. Heartbreak has now struck five times in Big 12 championship history. Can you believe that? Five times. There have only been 12 of these games, so thatís a pretty high percentage.

Heartbreak happened in the very first Big 12 championship gamein 1996, when a nothing-to-lose Texas threw a wacky fourth-down pass and knocked Nebraska right out of the national-championship picture. It happened two years later, when Texas A&M beat Kansas State in double overtime, and Iíve never seen a team as destroyed as those Wildcats were after that loss. Even tough old coach Bill Snyder shed a few tears.

It happened again in 2001; this time it was Texas throwing interceptions and losing its national-championship chance in a stunning loss to Colorado. It happened in 2003, when Snyder exacted his revenge, and Kansas State destroyed No. 1 Oklahoma 35-7. The Sooners did still go on to the national-championship game that year, but their invincibility was pierced, and they never quite recovered.

Then, there was Saturday. Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops and defensive coordinator Brent Venables developed a simple yet ruthless plan ó they wanted to make Missouri come out and fight. The Tigers have scored all those points this year with trick plays and reverses and quick passes.

The Sooners said no. They rushed up to hit those receivers after they caught the short passes. They stuffed the Tigersí running game. They unleashed blitzes and faked blitzes. They dared Daniel to throw the ball downfield. And Daniel, who for the first time all season looked intimidated, did not dare.

More than anything, they made Missouri look weak when in scoring position. The one real question about Missouriís high-scoring offense all season was this: Could the Tigers get physical and get the big yards when they needed them? It was the question Stoops and Venables and the Oklahoma defense were determined to ask.

They got their answer: No. The Tigers had first and goal three times ó and did not score a touchdown in any of those chances. The Sooners forced incomplete passes at the goal line. They stuffed the Tigers at the 1. They knocked Missouri out of field-goal range with a sack early in the second half.

And late in the third quarter, with Missouri on the Oklahoma 9 and in a must-score-a-touchdown situation (the Tigers already trailed by two touchdowns), the Sooners got another sack. Two plays later, Missouri kicked the field goal at the start of the fourth quarter and more or less waved the white flag.

Oklahoma just played the whole game with more emotion, more daring, more intensity. You can offer up a dozen different theories why. But it seemed to me that Missouri was overwhelmed by the moment. They were playing and coaching for something big, a national-championship shot. And Oklahoma was just playing football.

Now the national-championship picture is in shambles. It looks like the Ohio State Buckeyes, whose best win this year was over Michigan (coincidentally, that was also Appalachian Stateís best win this year) may play Georgia, a team that did not even qualify for the SEC championship game. Of course everybody ó LSU, USC, Virginia Tech, even Kansas ó will make a pitch. Stoops started the politicking just minutes after the game, and you have to say thereís a case to be made after you beat the No. 1 team in America by three touchdowns.

Missouri definitely wonít play in the big game. That shouldnít ruin everything. It was a great year for the Tigers, a breakthrough kind of year. They will still play in a big bowl game. They beat Kansas in one of the biggest games ever seen in around those parts. They caught Americaís eye for the first time in about a half-century. After the pain wears off, everyone will appreciate what happened this year.

But, I imagine the pain wonít wear off today. No, today will be another tough sports day in the heartland. What can you say? This Big 12 championship is an evil, evil game. You have to wonder whether Dr Pepper can cure heartaches.

LOL act like this is news? Most people have been bitching about the fact that not all conferences have a championship game. I find it bandwagon-ish to place this so called news on the board directly after you team gets beat.

lame.

Baby Lee
12-02-2007, 05:35 AM
Way to go Mizzou. Way to turn both Mizzou and KU's rise into 'that funny thing that happened in 2007' instead of something credible.
If you have the stones to take down the top team, you need to have the stones to BE the top team.
Now you're just a wacky footnote, Congrats.

Spott
12-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Way to go Mizzou. Way to turn both Mizzou and KU's rise into 'that funny thing that happened in 2007' instead of something credible.
If you have the stones to take down the top team, you need to have the stones to BE the top team.

That article wasn't written by Mizzou. That writer is from Ohio and never attended MU.

Baby Lee
12-02-2007, 06:58 AM
That article wasn't written by Mizzou. That writer is from Ohio and never attended MU.
I wasn't addressing the author, nor was I addressing the poster KCMizzou. I was addressing Mizzou the FB team, the one that got blasted back to reality last night.

chagrin
12-02-2007, 07:02 AM

LMAO

that's great

Bowser
12-02-2007, 07:06 AM
Money talks with championship games.

And all the while, Ohio State sits back and laughs its ass off.

pikesome
12-02-2007, 07:11 AM

While the tone of this post isn't very nice I'd have to agree. A season where no one seemed to be able to hold on to a top ranking would have been perfect for an over performing MU (or KU if it had turned out that way). Now the doings of both schools is going to be lost when people remember back to "The Season Everyone Sucked".

the Talking Can
12-02-2007, 07:32 AM

that's a painful bit of truth...MU losing was bad for KU too

Skip Towne
12-02-2007, 07:34 AM
That's rep.

Braincase
12-02-2007, 07:35 AM
It's all subjective. If you win 'em, you love 'em, if you lose 'em, you hate 'em.

Baby Lee
12-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Oh, and just a question. I really don't know. Has anyone EVER punted down 21 points with less than 2 minutes in the game?

dirk digler
12-02-2007, 07:43 AM
I have never liked conference championship games mostly because I see it as an unfair advantage to the other conferences that don't do it. If they all had them then I would have no problem with them.

the Talking Can
12-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Oh, and just a question. I really don't know. Has anyone EVER punted down 21 points with less than 2 minutes in the game?

Herm?

RedNeckRaider
12-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Ouch! I think both will be better off as far as recruiting. I think if you were to ask even the most rabid fan of KU or MU before this season both teams have done more than expected.

Bob Dole
12-02-2007, 08:24 AM

Bob Dole yelled, "Thanks Herm!", since he's the only other rocket scientist that would think that was the correct call.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 08:32 AM
Ouch! I think both will be better off as far as recruiting. I think if you were to ask even the most rabid fan of KU or MU before this season both teams have done more than expected.

Dream season for KU, I am stoked that we will get a great bowl game...

I would take 11-1/10-2 every year out of KU... Never in my wildest, I thought KU would be this good...

Spott
12-02-2007, 08:32 AM
I wasn't addressing the author, nor was I addressing the poster KCMizzou. I was addressing Mizzou the FB team, the one that got blasted back to reality last night.

You are a tool. Just think, in the best season that Kansas will ever have as a football team, they still weren't good enough to beat Missouri.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 08:36 AM
You are a tool. Just think, in the best season that Kansas will ever have as a football team, they still weren't good enough to beat Missouri.

And? MU has a great team this year, what shame is there in losing to a 11-2 team?

Spott
12-02-2007, 08:39 AM
And? MU has a great team this year, what shame is there in losing to a 11-2 team?

Absolutely none. I was smacking the troll who disappeared from the board until MU lost and then decided to come on here and talk sh*t.

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 08:45 AM

I don't understand the vitriol here. It's not like MU just lost at home to an unranked Pitt team with a losing record.

MU has lost (twice) to one team this year. Clearly, OU is a superior team. You're saying that if MU had "stones" they would've beaten OU? Really? You don't think there's a huge talent differential between the OLs and DLs?

You think these two teams are pretty even and MU just pussed out? After last night, I'm pretty confident that if MU had come out swinging blackjacks and brass knuckles, they'd still lose.

Instead of heaping scorn on MU, the team you should really be pissed at is OU. They lost to Colorado and Texas Tech, two teams MU crushed. If they played them the way they played MU, they'd be No. 1, MU's losses would look much better and therefore KU's loss would look better. It's not MU who was dragging everybody down, it was OU shitting the bed twice this year.

I don't think MU or KU have anything to hang their heads on this year. They may be "footnotes" to the national championship race (which is a friggin trainwreck that has produced lots of footnotes this year), but their seasons have been anything but footnotes.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Absolutely none. I was smacking the troll who disappeared from the board until MU lost and then decided to come on here and talk sh*t.
Ah okay....

sorry I blew up at you...

Reerun_KC
12-02-2007, 08:46 AM
I don't understand the vitriol here. It's not like MU just lost at home to an unranked Pitt team with a losing record.

MU has lost (twice) to one team this year. Clearly, OU is a superior team. You're saying that if MU had "stones" they would've beaten OU? Really? You don't think there's a huge talent differential between the OLs and DLs?

You think these two teams are pretty even and MU just pussed out? After last night, I'm pretty confident that if MU had come out swinging blackjacks and brass knuckles, they'd still lose.

Instead of heaping scorn on MU, the team you should really be pissed at is OU. They lost to Colorado and Texas Tech, two teams MU crushed. If they played them the way they played MU, they'd be No. 1, MU's losses would look much better and therefore KU's loss would look better. It's not MU who was dragging everybody down, it was OU shitting the bed twice this year.

I don't think MU or KU have anything to hang their heads on this year. They may be "footnotes" to the national championship race (which is a friggin trainwreck that has produced lots of footnotes this year), but their seasons have been anything but footnotes.

:bravo:

Outstanding!

Spott
12-02-2007, 08:47 AM
Ah okay....

sorry I blew up at you...

No problemo. I'm just irritable like you guys were last weekend. At least we finally have some college teams to root for on New Year's day this time around.

Baby Lee
12-02-2007, 09:02 AM
ROFL - I'm troll? Here?

Baby Lee
12-02-2007, 09:05 AM

I'm not a fan of any one team in B12 FB, I'm a fan of the conference, and I'm tired of another circular firing squad at the end of the season, particularly as it brings tOSU/USC/LSU right back into the effing mix.

And it's not vitriol, it's disappointment that in two short weeks, both MU and KU were elevated where everyone was saying 'where'd this come from' and right back down to 'Oh, nevermind they still aren't 'real' contenders.'

Instead of one or the other of them becoming 'Stairway to Heaven' they turned out to be a couple of 'Mambo #5's.

pikesome
12-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Instead of one or the other of them becoming 'Stairway to Heaven' they turned out to be a couple of 'Mambo #5's.

This quote makes this thread worthwhile. ROFL

siberian khatru
12-02-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm not a fan of any one team in B12 FB, I'm a fan of the conference, and I'm tired of another circular firing squad at the end of the season, particularly as it brings tOSU/USC/LSU right back into the effing mix.

And it's not vitriol, it's disappointment that in two short weeks, both MU and KU were elevated where everyone was saying 'where'd this come from' and right back down to 'Oh, nevermind they still aren't 'real' contenders.'

Heh.

Well, I understand your frustration. But like I said, MU and KU weren't the only teams this season who entered the race and then got knocked out. It's been anarchy, and still is. I don't think there's gonna be a satisfying conclusion to this season.

Neither MU nor KU were ready for the big stage. But it's tough to go straight from mediocrity to beating the big boys. As an MU fan, I see this as taking the next step -- we went from an 8-4/7-5 type team to a 10-11 win team. The key now is to 1) stay at that level consistently, and then 2) win the conference title.

Let's see if Pinkel becomes a victim of his own success this year. Expectations have been raised.

RedNeckRaider
12-02-2007, 09:13 AM
ROFL - I'm troll? Here?
I thought a club 2000 member would be above this type of action :shake: ;)

Baby Lee
12-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Heh.

Well, I understand your frustration. But like I said, MU and KU weren't the only teams this season who entered the race and then got knocked out. It's been anarchy, and still is. I don't think there's gonna be a satisfying conclusion to this season.

Neither MU nor KU were ready for the big stage. But it's tough to go straight from mediocrity to beating the big boys. As an MU fan, I see this as taking the next step -- we went from an 8-4/7-5 type team to a 10-11 win team. The key now is to 1) stay at that level consistently, and then 2) win the conference title.

Let's see if Pinkel becomes a victim of his own success this year. Expectations have been raised.
Also, as much as I love an underdog story, I equally hate an underdog story that ends with the underdog who only takes out all the opposition for the same old same old.

pikesome
12-02-2007, 09:16 AM

As a KU fan I have the same worry about the Jayhawks. They played well and should have more than a few returning players. Still it's hard to go from ehh... to consistent contender.

Coach
12-02-2007, 09:21 AM
It may be bad, but at the same time, it's great. While everybody was expecting K-State to win it in 98, they bombed it. Of course, K-State crashed the party in 2003, giving Oklahoma the big old ass-whippin. Colorado beat Texas in 2001, which I thought was a exciting matchup.

Of course, the last 4 years have been won by the South.

KevB
12-02-2007, 09:27 AM
It may be bad, but at the same time, it's great. While everybody was expecting K-State to win it in 98, they bombed it. Of course, K-State crashed the party in 2003, giving Oklahoma the big old ass-whippin. Colorado beat Texas in 2001, which I thought was a exciting matchup.

Of course, the last 4 years have been won by the South.

I wouldn't say they bombed it....they lost in double OT to the #10 team in the country. It's frustrating that in a year when the North jumped back into the conference fray, when it was said and done the South dominated again.

Baby Lee
12-02-2007, 09:33 AM
This quote makes this thread worthwhile. ROFL
It gets better. I first was gonna call them a couple of 'Macarenas,' but decided that the Macarena was too popular for too long to apply.

HC_Chief
12-02-2007, 09:36 AM
I like the Big XII CG; IMO the real travesty is tOSU skating in because the big X* doesn't have a CG.

HolyHandgernade
12-02-2007, 09:41 AM
that's a painful bit of truth...MU losing was bad for KU too

Well, MU's losing doesn't necessarily do KU any favors, but I would never say Mu losing is a bad thing for KU! :)

-HH

Bearcat
12-02-2007, 10:05 AM
As far as the Conference Championship game, I agree... in this system, it sucks, because you can back into the NC game.

Every year it's something different... OSU is backing in this year, and Georgia will be in the top 3 without having played in their conference championship.

:clap: :clap:

A few weeks ago many, many MU and KU fans agreed that while both teams were good, it was a dream to think they could play with the big boys. Nothing's changed... they're both good teams that made huge strides this year, and will be playing in bowls that no one thought possible in September.

Extra Point
12-02-2007, 11:17 AM
If the sportswriters had any nuts, OU would be playing LSU for the BCS championship title. The BCS has screwed up so many rankings, but it would give the nation an opportunity to be shown that the Big 12 isn't bogus.

KcMizzou
12-02-2007, 11:27 AM
I like the Big XII CG; IMO the real travesty is tOSU skating in because the big X* doesn't have a CG.Agreed.

Every conference should have a championship game, IMO.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 12:27 PM
It takes a lot of guts to come in here and bash teams that were clearly overmatched after the fact and act like they shit in the punch bowl.

Fan of the conference?? Seriously? I've never understood this line of thinking. It reminds me of the people who say "I want the team who beat us to win it all so that we look better." Really? My personal opinion is f*ck them, they beat us, yes they deserve to die and I hope they burn in hell!!

Two teams from the B 12 are going to a BCS bowl this year, and the other one will go to the Cotton Bowl, so they are going to get a shitload of recognition and money to build the programs.

Yeah, MU or KU won't play for the Nat'l Ch. How many MU or KU fans really believed to a person that they could beat OU?? Missouri and Kansas are building nice programs but they don't have the athletes yet.

College football is 90% athletes and 10% coaching.

Mizzou was overmatched in both areas, played poorly, played tight, and lost. It happens, and I don't really think that any intelligent fans honestly believe that MU blew some huge opportunity that was handed to them. They lost to a better team. Period.

KcMizzou
12-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Yeah, MU or KU won't play for the Nat'l Ch. How many MU or KU fans really believed to a person that they could beat OU?? Missouri and Kansas are building nice programs but they don't have the athletes yet.

College football is 90% athletes and 10% coaching.

Mizzou was overmatched in both areas, played poorly, played tight, and lost. It happens, and I don't really think that any intelligent fans honestly believe that MU blew some huge opportunity that was handed to them. They lost to a better team. Period.Yep...

I sure hoped Mizzou could win, but I was never overly confident about it.

I agree with a point Fraz made.... Mizzou matches OU as far as the skill positions go, but we just couldn't match their offensive and defensive lines.

It's disappointing, but I'm damned proud of my team... and excited about the future.

Baby Lee
12-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Sorry for not enjoying football a Hamas approved manner.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Sorry for not enjoying football a Hamas approved manner.

You're obviously a fan of a different stripe, as you're probably one of 5 people who still support Marty on this BB. But hey, you can be your own person. What I find objectionable is your wholesale absence from these particular threads all season and then you suddenly surface whenever both teams are down--and that's why the previous poster called you a troll, because that's what trolls do.

Maybe you're just a masochist and only post when things are least optimistic :shrug:

Baby Lee
12-02-2007, 12:56 PM
You're obviously a fan of a different stripe, as you're probably one of 5 people who still support Marty on this BB. But hey, you can be your own person. What I find objectionable is your wholesale absence from these particular threads all season and then you suddenly surface whenever both teams are down--and that's why the previous poster called you a troll, because that's what trolls do.

Maybe you're just a masochist and only post when things are least optimistic :shrug:
It's not like I'm taking glee in what happened. I wanted a Big 12 representative in the Championship. KU puked on their shoes, then MU did the same thing. So now we're back the the perennials, tOSU, LSU, USC, leading the pack.
That's what I'm lamenting.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 01:12 PM
It's not like I'm taking glee in what happened. I wanted a Big 12 representative in the Championship. KU puked on their shoes, then MU did the same thing. So now we're back the the perennials, tOSU, LSU, USC, leading the pack.
That's what I'm lamenting.

I feel your pain, save for wanting KU there. But it is college football, it's only slightly less corrupt than pro wrestling.

Baby Lee
12-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Good call though, bagging on my affinity for Marty in light of the current state of the team.

blueballs
12-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Carl must go